APPLY: Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood Testing. 7 Members wanted!

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? R15 430, RBZ Stage 2 TS, BigBertha 5 wood, Adams XTD Ti 18*, Speedblade 4 - P, ATV 52, 56
[*]What's your current handicap? 15
[*]What's your driver swing speed? ~ 105mph
[*]Are you righty or lefty? R
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) N
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Y
[*]Now for the essay portion:
[list]
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood[/b]
[*]I'm not very accurate off the tee with my driver (about 37%), and perhaps could benefit from a 2 wood. Currently use a 3 wood Tour Spoon, so this kinda club appeals to me
[/list]

[/list]

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[list]
[*]TaylorMade R15, SLDR Mini, Adams Hybrid, TaylorMade Tour Preferred Irons and wedges, Scotty Putter
[*]1.6
[*]110
[*]Righty
[*]No. Haven't had the opportunity yet.
[*]Yes. I will participate regularly, and include high quality DSLR photos.
[*]I'm a great candidate! The best thing about doing a product review is having fun with it. So if I'm chosen, not only will I complete a full on-course test and review against my TaylorMade Mini driver, I will also serve as an unofficial Callaway ambassador at the esteemed (not really) Kingsbury Open (only open to extended family and friends) annual golf tournament, and allow approximately a 8-12 golfers ranging in handicap from 2 to 52 to test and offer a quick review of the new Callaway Big Bertha Mini. These reviews will be included in my summary provided for GolfWrx. I can assure you that many of them need all the help they can get off of the tee. (Note that this event is held July 4th, in the event that this club is not in-hand by then, alternate methods of obtaining my "extended review" will be taken).
[/list]

What's in your current bag? G30 lst, TM UDI 1, z745 4-9, z945 pw, z745 aw, 56 60 64 edel wedges, golo 6 putter
What's your current handicap? 7
What's your driver swing speed? 116
Are you righty or lefty? Righty
Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) No
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? With pleasure
Now for the essay portion:
Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood: I had to take my Big Bertha 3w out of the bag because it was too long. This would help combine a driver and fairway together for me. Allowing me to put a hybrid back in the bag, which is easier to hit out of the rough than a 1 iron. The 1.5 could be the perfect solution for gaps at the top of my bag. 2015 is the first season since 1990 I have not had a Callaway club in my bag. I would love to bring Bertha back! Thanks Callaway.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

[list]
[*][u]What's in your current bag? [/u][color=#FF0000]Driver is a Ping i25 9.5* with a PWR 75 Tour Stiff Shaft; 3-wood is a Tour Edge CB3 13* with a Kai'li 80 X-flex shaft 43.5", 5-wood a Wishon 949MC 18* with an Xcaliber Tour Stiff shaft, Hybrid is a Titleist 913 HD 23*, irons are Mizuno MP-52 5-9, a 47* Vokey, and raw metal forged Scratch wedges 52, 56 and 61. Putter is a milled Tear Drop TD-20 with a slim Fatso grip.[/color]
[*][u]What's your current handicap? [color=#FF0000]9[/color][/u]
[*][u]What's your driver swing speed? [color=#FF0000]108[/color][/u]
[*][u]Are you righty or lefty? [color=#FF0000]Righty[/color][/u]
[*][u]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what). [color=#FF0000]Yes I tested the Chrome Soft Ball earlier this year.[/color][/u]
[*][u]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? [color=#FF0000]I would be very excited to do a prompt quality review.[/color][/u]
[*][u]Now for the essay portion:[/u]
[/list]
[color=#FF0000]I currently play a slightly longer than standard 13* 3-wood with a high COR titanium face and use it off the tee 3 or 4 times every round. I also use it from the fairway, but I have trouble holding a green with it. That's why I carry the 5-wood. I have been interested in giving one of the newer high COR Callaway Fairway woods a try [/color][color=#FF0000]and this Big Bertha Mini 1.5 sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I enjoy trying new clubs and often change what's in my bag, especially the woods. I attend Demo days several times a year and read and comment on several golf web sites especially concerning new OEM equipment. I don't currently have any Callaway clubs in my bag, but I have had several Callaway drivers (FT-Tour, FT-9, RFE, X Hot Pro) and putters and I'm interested in the Apex irons. My overall view of Callaway products is positive and I think their recent golf balls are exceptional. I average just over 100 rounds per year and will be able to play multiple courses in a short amount of time, so I should be able to try the Big Bertha Mini 1.5 over a wide range of courses and offer in-depth feedback quickly. The pro I take lessons from has a launch monitor so I can also include launch numbers in my review. I sincerely hope you choose me for this test, I really enjoyed the Chrome Soft test.[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Thanks for your consideration.[/color]

J40 430/9.5/ahina70//Ping i25/AD-DI7S
TEE CB3/13*//Wishon 949mc/18*
Titleist 913H/D 23*/ Diamana S+ Blue 82
Mizuno MP-52/5-9/DGS300
Scratch raw metal 1018 D/S 47, 52, 56, 62
Ping Redwood Anser or TearDrop TD-20

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? Ping G25 11 Degree Driver, Ping I20 3 Wood, Prince 5 Wood, Callaway Big Bertha 2 Iron, Taylormade Rocket Bladez 4 - AW, Titliest 54 and 60 Wedges, Taylormade Spider mallet 38inch counter balanced putter
[*]What's your current handicap? 18
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 98 - 103
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Righty
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) No
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Yes for sure.
[list]
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood[/b]
[*][b]I've been wanting to pick up a new 5 wood for awhile but still hit the Prince 5 wood well but would like to see if I can hit a newer club as good or better before fully deciding to take it out of the bag, I have a golf course within 10 minutes drive and can use the range and go on the course to give a good review.[/b]
[/list]

[/list]

Current bag: R9 Superti 10.5*, G25 15* 3W, G25 20* hybrid, 4-PW & SW G20, i20 UW, Tour-W 58*

Current Handicap: 13
Driver Swing Speed: 105
Right handed

I have not tested for GolfWRX before

I agree to fully and enthusiastically participate!

As a mid level handicapper that hits a decently long ball, I feel that I am in the target niche for this club. I currently use my Driver and 3 wood exclusively from the tee. Having an option like a mini driver would allow me to set my bag up for shorter, tight courses by being able to replace my two tee clubs with one. This would allow me to continue to carry my 4 wedges and carry a driving iron.

Thanks for the opportunity Callaway and golfWRX!

[list]
[*][b]What's in your current bag? [/b]Driver- SLDR, Fairway - Sldr, Irons - Titleist 735 CM, Wedges - Titleist Vokeys, Putter - Yes!
[*][b]What's your current handicap? [/b]4
[*][b]What's your driver swing speed? [/b]106
[*][b]Are you righty or lefty? [/b]Righty
[*][b]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) [/b]No.
[*][b]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? [/b]Of course.
[*][b]Now for the essay portion:[/b]I have been in college for a year now. My driver was always iffy in high school. I play alot and need something I can have a chance of hitting a fairway with. Thank you for this chance!
[/list]

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? Driver - SLDR 430 10.5*, Callaway Big Bertha 3 & 5 wood, 4-GW Cobra Bio+, SM4 54* & 58*
[*]What's your current handicap? 8.5
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 110
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Lefty
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? No
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Absolutely
[*]Now for the essay portion: I'd be a good candidate as I've gone through many driver and 3w changes over the last year and a half trying to find one that I can fix my high spin numbers and get consistent. I still struggle with 3 wood off the tee from time to time so driver continues to be my go to despite whatever the landing zone is, which can get me into trouble. Hitting 4 iron puts me back a little to far on most courses I play with tight driving holes. I've been reluctant on the "mini-driver" craze of late, but feel it may be time to take the leap as I've tried nearly everything else. I enjoy trying new clubs and have been impressed with Callaway's recent offerings.
[/list]

BAG UNDER CONSTRUCTION/TINKERING...Now and Forever.

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? Callaway X2 hot PRO 2 DEEP , Callaway X2 hot 3 wood , Adams Super S 3H, Taylormade '11 Forged MC, Taylormade ATV 52,56,60
[*]What's your current handicap? 18
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 105
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Of course
[*]Now for the essay portion: I'm a good candidate for this trial as I currently play a X2 hot 2 wood. I prefer smaller head drivers due to the better control that I get and my misses are less likely. I already know what to expect from a "mini driver" so would be able to easily compare the advantages and disadvantages of this club vs. a typical driver and other mini drivers. I've been looking at this club since it was announced so why not provide some usefull feedback on it to the WRX community. I'm a firm believer in the mini driver and would love to test this one out.
[/list]

[b]What's in your current bag?[/b]
SLDR 430 10.5 - Stiff
Ping G20 3W - Stiff
Ping G20 3H - Stiff

[b]What's your current handicap?[/b]

[b]What's your driver swing speed?[/b]

[b]Are you righty or lefty?[/b]
Righty

[b]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)[/b]
No

[b]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?[/b]
Yes

[b]Now for the essay portion:
Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood[/b]

As a high handycapper (it is a bit inflated at the moment) I currently rely on my 3 wood for narrow fairways and par 5s. It is my go-to club in my bag whenever I have a 200 - 250 shot to make. I got into golf about 2 years ago and I have been reaching new milestones season after seaon. At my current skill level it is very common for me to tee off with a 3 wood so I can maintain confidence during a hole/round. I think i would be a great high handicapper candidate because I rely on my current 3 wood so much. Thanks for the chance! :golfer:

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? TM Rocketballz 5W...no 3w
[*]What's your current handicap? 5
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 106
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Right
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) NO
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Yes
[list]
[list]
[*][b]​The primary reason is I do not have a 3W in the bag because I have not found a 3W that works well for me. I bag a 5W because I need that type of club and I end up using that club quite a bit, but suffer distance wise as a result.[/b]
[/list]
[/list]
[/list]

[list]
[*][color=#ff0000]What's in your current bag?[/color] Taylormade SLDR 12* w/TP7HD, Titleist 909F3 13* w/TP7HD, Adams 9031DF 18* & 22* w/Ozik HM2, Scratch DW 4-9i w/Nippon Super Peening Blue, Scratch Jeff McCoy 48*, 53* and 58* w/Nippon Super Peening Blue, Scotty Cameron 2003 Newport Prototype counterbalanced 38"
[*][color=#ff0000]What's your current handicap? [/color]0
[*][color=#ff0000]What's your driver swing speed? [/color]105
[*][color=#ff0000]Are you righty or lefty? [/color]Righty
[*][color=#ff0000]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) [/color]No
[*][color=#ff0000]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?[/color] Yes
[*][color=#ff0000]Now for the essay portion:[/color]
[list]
[*][color=#ff0000][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood: [/b][/color][b]I get to play golf almost every day as I work for myself and set my own schedule. I have been testing 3 woods this year, but have been unable to kick my current 909F3 out of the bag as I think it performs the best off the tee and that is its' primary job in my bag. I have yet to test the Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood and would love to see how it stacks up.[/b]
[/list]

[/list]

I'm currently using a Titleist 910 D3 driver, TaylorMade RBZ 3 and 5 woods, Titleist 690MB 4-PW, wedges and a putter.
My handicap is 0-2.
My driver swing speed is around 115.
I'm a righty.
Never tested for GolfWRX, but I'm hopeful.
Yes, I check the website daily as it is.
I'd be a good candidate for testing because I love the game and trying new products. I'm always searching for the next best product to fix the holes in my game or lower my score. Also, I genuinely enjoy writing and being required to write frequent posts about the fairwood wood would be fun for me. I know there are alot of great candidates, but I'd love to give it a shot and be chosen for the testing.

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? SLDR TP: driver, 3 wood & 19 hybrid. Apex Pro 4-AW. Vokey 54 & 58.
[*]What's your current handicap? 2
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 105mph
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Yes indeed.
[*]Now for the essay portion. Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood: I have been experimenting with the SLDR mini but the ball balloons with poor performance. I have been researching the Callaway Mini and the initial reviews look promising. I play allot of tight courses and seeking to take advantage of this new mini driver technology. This Callaway mini driver could be the best of both worlds by providing solid distance and trajectory while tightening up accuracy. I am a feel player that works the ball and have a strong knowledge of golf club and shaft technology. I could provide a solid summary of my findings that will help other individuals find the best equipment for them.
[/list]

What's in your current bag? adams launch lab 8* with an ADBB7X, tour edge cb2 13* with a speeder tour spec 7.1x, Miura cb501 with c taper extra stiff, vokey TVD M grind wedges, edel putter
What's your current handicap? 10
What's your driver swing speed? 120
Are you righty or lefty? Righty
Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) No
If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Of course
Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood: I hit my driver far but I am inconsistent. Due to this I like to bring out a 3 wood on tight holes for more accuracy but I still swing hard and chase the distance. I would love to test the big Bertha 1.5 and see if it can achieve the distance of a driver, or very close, and still allow me to stay in the fairway or first cut.

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? - Callaway Optiforce 440cc Driver, Optiforce 3 wood, TM RBZ 3 hybrid, Cobra Bio Cell 4 hybrid, Titleist 5 hybrid, Callaway 2013 X forged 6-PW, Mizuno MP-T5 51 & 56 wedges, Cleveland CG15 62 wedge and Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 CS putter.
[*]What's your current handicap? - 15
[*]What's your driver swing speed? - 108 mph
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Absolutely!
[list]
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood: [/b]I can not hit driver very consistently and often tee off with my Optiforce 3 wood for more accuracy and control. I lose about 20-50+ yards compared to a good driver shot but I'd rather be in play. I much prefer the look of a smaller club head at address and am hoping the Big Bertha Mini 1.5 will be the answer to my accuracy and distance conundrum.
[/list]

[/list]

Ping G400 Max Tour 65s
Titleist 917F2 15* EvenFlow 6.0
Titleist 917F2 18* Diamana Blue S
Titleist 818 H1 4H, Titleist 913 5H
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW with PX 6.0
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 56*, 60*
Scotty Phantom X5.5

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? [b]Callaway 815 DBD w/757 Speeder X, 13.5' TEE CB Pro, 2,4-PW Miura 1957, 52'/57'/62' Yururi Tour Wedges, SC Tour Rat[/b]
[*]What's your current handicap? [b]3[/b]
[*]What's your driver swing speed? [b]~112mph[/b]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? [b]Right[/b]
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) [b]Yes, 2015 Snell Golfballs[/b]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? [b]Absolutely[/b]
[*][color="#282828"]Now for the essay portion:[/color]
[list]
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway [/b][b]Wood[/b]
[*][b][color="#282828"]I'm currently going through a testing process to nail down a new driver for 2015. For several years I've been playing a Yonex Ezone 380 due, primarily, to the smaller head size. This year I've been testing this along side the Nike Vapor Flex and Callaway 815 DBD (which are both a bit larger than I'm used to). In [/color][/b][color="#282828"][b]addition to a driver, I've also always carried a strong lofted 3 wood (13.5' TEE CB Pro at the moment) and hit that off of quite a few tees. I've even been known to drop my driver at times and use the 3-wood off the tee instead. All things considered, I think that a 12' mini driver could be a great fit in my bag. I have no issues hitting the 13.5' off the deck and even have an old 12' TaylorMade driver that isn't difficult to hit out of fairways for me either. With that in mind, this could be a great multi-purpose club that very well could replace both my driver and my strong 3 wood on a daily basis. It has the smaller head size, which I prefer anyway, and just enough loft that it could easily be played off the turf when needed. Also, as several of my previous testing threads exhibit (2015 ball test & Snell reviews are most recent, also have a pretty detailed S400 vs C-Taper thread out there as well as others), I am pretty detailed when it comes to my tests and I am not afraid to give my honest opinion. I'm very specific about my equipment and work very hard to assure that my specs measure out exactly how I prefer them too. Because of this I spend a great deal of time tuning and tweaking my equipment to get the most out of them. This test fits in very well with the other work that I've been doing and this club is also a very good fit for my bag. Thanks![/b][/color]
[/list]

[/list]

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

My Bag: Ping K15 driver and 4 wood.
Hdcp: 3 - 6 approx
Driver speed: approx 100
Righty
Never tested for WRX
Definitely review & participate

I am actively looking for a club to fit between the driver & 4 wood going into the tournament season. I do
focus on senior tournaments and this club could be the answer to short, tricky par 4's for me. Would love
to give it a go and review for WRX. Thanks for the opportunity.

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag?
[/list]
Callaway XR Pro with an Accra Dymatch 2.0
Wishon 915CFE strong 3 wood
TaylorMade R11 18* 5 wood
KZG ZO Blades, 3, 5-PW w/DG S400 shafts, MOI matched
Wishon HM Microgroove wedges--52*, 56*, 60*, same shafts as KZG ZOs
Cameron Monterey 1.5 putter[list]
[*]What's your current handicap?
[/list]
Bounces round between 10 & 13. Am focused on getting back to single-digits this year. [list]
[*]What's your driver swing speed?
[/list]
105-108MPH[list]
[*]Are you righty or lefty?
[/list]
Righty.[list]
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)
[/list]
Never[list]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?
[/list]
Absolutely.[list]
[list]
[/list]
[/list]
I've always been fascinated by the theory that newer clubs are significantly straighter and longer than older ones. So I've got a brand new driver, an ancient 3 wood and a middle of the range 5 wood. I'd find it very interesting to compare the new Callaway to my old clubs and see what happens. Happy to even spend some time in front of a Trackman if someone would volunteer it. Or go to the local PGA SS and hit balls there with the different woods.

Thanks for the consideration!

[list]
[/list]
Cobra Bio Cell PxV 10.5* and either Tour Edge Exotics XCG-7 3-wood OR PING G25 4 Wood (Depending on how tight the course is)[list]
[*]What's your current handicap?
[/list]
12[list]
[*]What's your driver swing speed?
[/list]
100-105[list]
[*]Are you righty or lefty?
[/list]
Righty[list]
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)
[/list]
No I have never tested.[list]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?
[/list]
Yes.[list]
[list]
[/list][*]
[/list]
Spraying the driver has always been a big fault in my game and has been one of the leading reasons that has kept me from getting down to a single digit handicap again. I feel this way because I consistently score 5-6 strokes lower on the wide open courses I play vs. the courses with a lot of required accuracy from the tee. I also have never tested, hit, or demo'd a driver replacement wood. I think my perspective as someone who could greatly improve their overall game/scores from a more accurate driver alternative would be valuable. Hitting a few more fairways per round without sacrificing a lot of distance (if any) would make a much more dramatic impact for those of us with 10+ handicaps than it would for someone already in the low single digits.

Thanks for the opportunity to apply![list]
[*]
[list]
[*]

[/list]
[/list]

[b]What's in your current bag?[/b]
Powerbilt 1.5 driver, Yonex ADX 3 wood, Nike VRS-X 4-AW irons, Ping BC SW, Cleveland 58* SW.

[b]What's your current handicap?[/b]
Somewhere around 20

[b]What's your driver swing speed?[/b]
100 to 105

[b]Are you righty or lefty?[/b]
Righty

[b]Have you ever tested for Golf WRX before?[/b]
No

[b]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required[/b]
[b]to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? [/b]
Absolutely

[b]Now for the essay portion:[/b]
[b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 fairway wood:[/b]
Due to job, and family I quit playing golf 16 years ago. I started playing again this Spring, and realized just how much I missed it.
I'm struggling to hit my woods. I know that I need to buy a new driver and 3 wood, but I haven't decided just what to get. This
Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 looks to be just what I need, and I can't wait to try it.

[list]
[color=#b22222][b]Calaway x hot irons | Taylormade ghost putter | Cobra Amp Driver | Cleveland Wedges | Nikent 3 Wood[/b][/color]
[*]What's your current handicap? [color=#b22222][b] 12[/b][/color]
[*]What's your driver swing speed? [color=#b22222][b]119[/b][/color]
[*]Are you righty or lefty? Right
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what) [color=#b22222][b]No[/b][/color]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? [color=#b22222][b]Yes[/b][/color]
[*]Now for the essay portion
[color=#b22222][b]It would be great to test the club out because using woods is a vital part of my golf game. I rarely use my driver even on par 5's because i hit my 3 wood just as far and straight. It would be nice to play with a different wood to see how it compares with a "cheaper" model that i get good results from. Thanks![/b][/color]
[/list]

What's in your current bag? Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 10.5 driver, Alpha 815 3 wood 16 degree, 815 Alpha hybrid, 20 degree, Apex UT, 21 degree, Callaway Apex irons, 5-PW, Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind wedges, MXM Versa #7 putter.

What's your current handicap? 11

What's your driver swing speed? 105

Are you righty or lefty? Righty.

Have you ever tested for Golf WRX before? No

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Yes

I would love to try the 14 degree, I go through slumps with the driver from time to time, would love to have something I could pull out of the bag and be able to control a little bit better, and also to reach long part 5's in 2, my miss with a 3 wood is high on the face, think the 14 degree could make a huge difference for me with the deeper face off the deck.

G30 LS 10.5 Fubuki J
Big Bertha Alpha 815 16 Silver Rogue 70
Big Bertha Alpha 815 20 HB 80 Speeder
Apex UT 21/KBS Tour
714 AP2/KBS Tour
Odyssey works #7CH
MD 2 Tour Grind 52 56 60 TI S400

[list]
[*][i]What's in your current bag?[/i]
[/list]
I use a 14* SLDR MiniDriver in that slot.[list]
[*][i]What's your current handicap?[/i]
[/list]
5.3 GHIN #: 1958226[list]
[*][i]What's your driver swing speed?[/i]
[/list]
116-120[list]
[*][i]Are you righty or lefty?[/i]
[/list]
Right handed.[list]
[*][i]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)[/i]
[/list]
No.[list]
[*][i]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?[/i]
[/list]
Yes of course. I have a GSV phone and a Canon PowerShot ELPH330HS.[list]
[*][i]Now for the essay portion:[/i]
[list]
[*][i][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood[/b][/i]
[/list]
[/list]
Well I live in California so you know I'm going to be able to play since it doesn't rain here. I get to the course 2-3 times a week. I also own a game golf system so aside from reviews I'll be able to provide some hard data comparing and contrasting two similar clubs. Also I'm amazingly handsome. One of these statements may not be true.

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

What's in your current bag?
I go driver, strong three wood and strong 3 iron hybrid. Fly Z Plus 10* Fly Z plus 13.5* Fly Z hybrid 18.5* Bridgestone DF 4-PW Nike engage 50-54-58 Bettinardi studio stock 14

What's your current handicap?
Current handicap is 3.5

What's your driver swing speed?
My driver swing speed is between 105-110 MPH.

Are you righty or lefty?
I am a righty.

Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)
I have never tested for GolfWRX before.

If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs?
Yes, I agree to participate in the review thread and would love to be apart of it.

Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood
I feel like I would be good candidate to test out the new mini because I use three wood off the tee about 40% of the time. I am what I consider very accurate with my driver, but I like to play smart and safe, so I use my three wood off the tee for shorter par 4's and the tighter ones as well. My current three wood is set at 13.5 for the primary purpose of being able to hit it farther off the tee. I also own the sldr mini, but do not game it because it is not as accurate as my current three wood. This makes me a great candidate because I could compare the Big Bertha Mini to the Sldr mini and my current three wood off the tee. My swing speed is high enough too where I'd be able to effectively compare them off the deck as well. I also have access to a trackman so I could post some real numbers WRXers can see for themselves. I play at least twice a week and try to get to the range three times a week(more if the wife allows)! Thank you for this opportunity and hope I get to review this exciting club for you!

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag? Yonex Ezone 380, 910F 15 and 19, PING G25 Irons
[*]What's your current handicap? 15
[*]What's your driver swing speed? 105-110
[*]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? No
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Of course!
[*]
[list]
[*][b]Explain why YOU would be a good candidate to test Callaway's Big Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway Wood:[/b] Over the past year I have made some fairly significant swing changes and gone from hitting my big headed 460cc driver consistently while struggling with most of the rest of my bag to hitting every single club EXCEPT my driver with relative consistency. I'm currently in a searching mode and am trying everything from short and heavy builds to smaller, sub 460cc heads...so far no luck. I have thus far not tried the new "mini drivers," but the Big Bertha Mini 1.5 is easily the most attractive mini driver I have seen to date. From the clean look at address to the added adjustability (a huge bonus when constantly tweaking setups to find something that works), the Mini seems like it is crying out to me for a chance in my bag. I would be honored to give the Bertha Mini a go and report back everything that I can possibly think of to help my fellow WRXers in their search to find the perfect "big stick" for their bag as well. Hopefully I am given the chance, but either way I have a strong feeling the Bertha Mini will be finding it's way into my hands in the near future! Thanks Callaway!
[/list]

[/list]

Callaway Epic Speed TD LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
Callaway Epic Flash 15* and 21* ACCRA CS1 70 M5
Adams Super 9031 23* Nunchuk Xi
Newl Level 902 Forged 5-P Nippon Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX4 50 and New Level M-Type 54, 58 Nippon Modus 125
Byron Morgan 612
Shapland stand bag or PING Moonlite
Snell MTB X

Bag:
910 8.5 with ADBB
Mini Slider S - 12* - Stock shaft
Jet Speed 5W 19* - Stock shaft
Callaway Apex Pros 4-PW - SteelFibers
Ping Tours wedges, 50, 54, 60
Odyssey PT82 putter
Index:
Swing Speed:
Lefty
Never tested before
Would love to review and give write ups.

I currently play a very tight course. Playing a 3w off the tee means that you always have a long shot into the par 4's. I am experimenting with the Slder Mini, but am having a hard time using it off the deck on the par 5's.

[list]
[*][b]What's in your current bag?[/b] Taylormade Aeroburner Mini 14* with Rogue black 70X (see signature for rest)
[*][b]What's your current handicap?[/b] 3 handicap
[*][b]What's your driver swing speed?[/b] Average drive SS 116
[*][b]Are you righty or lefty?[/b] Righty
[*][b]Have you ever tested for GolfWRX before? (If yes, state when/what)[/b] Inside TMAG trip December 2013
[*]Absolutely
[*][b]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5 review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the clubs? Now for the essay portion:[/b]
[list]
[/list]
[/list]
[color=#0000ff]I feel I would be a great candidate because I play and practice often. Along with that I am already playing a very similar club in the Aeroburner Mini and played the SLDR Mini last season. I would have a unique comparison to make with a competitors product and I feel that would be a great thing to offer to the testing of Callaway's mini. I am also on here quite a bit and would be more than willing to answer questions and other posts about the Callaway mini on here. Thank you for the oppurtunity[/color]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole