Ping i-e Irons?

Nessism

I have the modus 105 my I's. They feel so soft....incredible for a cast head. Can't imagine a better feeling iron. That being said, I contemplated the cushin insert but I'm glad I didn't. With this shaft I think the feel would go from what I like to something too muted.

ย 

Maybe if I had the project x shafts in them the cushin would be good.

I have the modus 105 my I's. They feel so soft....incredible for a cast head. Can't imagine a better feeling iron. That being said, I contemplated the cushin insert but I'm glad I didn't. With this shaft I think the feel would go from what I like to something too muted.

ย 

ย 

I also have the I with the 105 and somewhat regret not getting the cushin, if only for the addition 10 gr of weight or so. The 105, probably is close to sub 100 after trimming, which is borderline low end of where I want to be.

ย 

ย 

Hit any club out of the middle it feels amazing and soft regardless of whether it's cast or forged.

Ping G430 Max 9* - Accra shaft

Ping G430 5 & 7 Woods Kai'li White

Ping iCrossover 3 Kai'li White

Ping i525 5-U Recoils

Ping Glide 4.0 54/58

PXG Bat Attack

ย :smilie_ping:

Does the Cushin inserts real kill the feel of the club?

I don't feel as is the Cushin insert mutes the feel to a point of questioning contact or eliminating feedback. What I believe the benefit of the Cushin insert is that it dampens the vibration on bad shots but feedback is still evident acting more like a shock absorber.

I don't feel as is the Cushin insert mutes the feel to a point of questioning contact or eliminating feedback. What I believe the benefit of the Cushin insert is that it dampens the vibration on bad shots but feedback is still evident acting more like a shock absorber.

ย 

Totally agree, a pured shot will feel great and a mishit just wont feel as bad!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)
ย 

sounds great to me.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW;ย Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaftย  ย 
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I've had these irons for about a month now. I love the heads but dislike the shafts. I ordered black dot with the CFS Distance stiff shafts +1/2" longer but am thinking about swapping them out for something else. They don't seem like a stiff shaft at all to me. My dispersion sucks but there could be a swing problem to blame as well. My driver ss is around 105-110, average drive with roll is around 280, 7 iron is about 175-180. Any shaft recommendations?

I've had these irons for about a month now. I love the heads but dislike the shafts. I ordered black dot with the CFS Distance stiff shafts +1/2" longer but am thinking about swapping them out for something else. They don't seem like a stiff shaft at all to me. My dispersion sucks but there could be a swing problem to blame as well. My driver ss is around 105-110, average drive with roll is around 280, 7 iron is about 175-180. Any shaft recommendations?

Can you go to a Ping fitter and hit some different shafts? As far as what Ping offers for these i's, it seems like something more along the lines of a Dynamic Gold S300 or Project X might be a better fit. But if you're going to spend the cash to get them all replaced, might as well spend a little bit more (maybe none at all if you're lucky) and get fitted. It would be worth it.

Callaway GBB Epic SZ 10' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 6.5
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5
Taylormade SIM 3H - GD AD-DI 8x
Ping i(e1) 4-PW - Project X 6.0ย 
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04L - KBS 610 Wedge
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 7

I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the fitter who you purchased your irons from and explain to him the issues you are having,and ask him to verify the fit and in doing so that you would like to try some other shaft options available through Ping. Most places offer some sort of a 30 day satisfaction policy so you should be able to apply all or partial f credit towards any changes that may be necessary.

I played CFS S flex in my i25's and hated it. Played very soft to flex. Not played the CFS distance but I believe it's essentially the same shaft 0.5" longer?

Ping G430 Max 9* - Accra shaft

Ping G430 5 & 7 Woods Kai'li White

Ping iCrossover 3 Kai'li White

Ping i525 5-U Recoils

Ping Glide 4.0 54/58

PXG Bat Attack

ย :smilie_ping:

I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the fitter who you purchased your irons from and explain to him the issues you are having,and ask him to verify the fit and in doing so that you would like to try some other shaft options available through Ping. Most places offer some sort of a 30 day satisfaction policy so you should be able to apply all or partial f credit towards any changes that may be necessary.

ย 

I must be shopping in the wrong places. All my pro shops are like car dealers, once its off the lot, its yours.

I love my CFS shafts in my i20s.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW;ย Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaftย  ย 
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I finally took the plunge when a set of IE's came up for 775 (incl tax) CDN (blue dot CFS stiff).. even though the lie angle is not ideal (I would be red or possibly even flatter).. I am hitting them better than the JPX 850s (cast, 1 degree flat XP 115) that I bought to replace my '11 TM TP CBs after a single range session.

ย 

The 5/6 iron are just as easy to hit (IMO) as the JPX 850 cast while having a much more pleasing look and feel. The short irons in both sets aren't as nice to hit as my CBs (yet) but the I's are definitely close. Turf interaction is great with the I's and they seem very easy to aim with the darker finish and white groove.

ย 

I was going to go with the pings originally but the price tag of $1550 was hard to take. So instead I went $1200 (mizzys) + 800 .. sigh.

WITB

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5 rogue i/o 60x
Titleist 910f 15 degrees Rip a 80 Stiff
Titleist 909h 24 degree stiff
Ping IE 4-UW, Recoil 125 F4 (stiff)
Ping GLIDE 56 WS Recoil 125 F4
Callaway PM Grind 60 KBS tour V Wedge
Odyssey Protype Tour #9 / TM Ghost Spider Tour (black)

• 3 weeks later...

My ball striking was not great a few months ago so I picked up a set of used G 30's in my specs off eBay. They were more forgiving but I decided to bring back the I's a few weeks ago and have been loving them. Shot the lowest nine I have ever shot last Saturday with them. My ball striking is much better now and I'm hitting the I's longer than the G -30's.

Ping G400 Max 10.5
Ping G400 5 wood
Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

I played CFS S flex in my i25's and hated it. Played very soft to flex. Not played the CFS distance but I believe it's essentially the same shaft 0.5" longer?

ย 

I just switched from the setup you had above and now have the i e1's with project X 5.5. Way more control and my ball flight didn't drop really at all. I think these heads are more forgiving and feel better. The cfs is not a bad shaft, but the dispersion for me was a big let down. The x's are much more controlled and consistent. I love the feel with the project x's. They aren't clicky at all. Really happy with my switch.

Has anybody tried these with AWT 2.0s?

ย 

I'd like to know how the S and X differ as there is a big difference in weight!

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5ยฐ @9.5ยฐ

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5ยฐ

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19ยฐ@20ยฐ

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54ยฐ Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60ยฐ Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

ย 

ย 

I went for cfs x in my ping I irons, coming from project x 6.0. I feel that the cfs x is a touch softer than the px and my 7 iron distance is about the same as yours. Overall I think the shafts feel great.

- Callaway Paradyme TDย 9ยฐ Kai'li white 60x
- Ping G425 Max 15,5ยฐ Tensei AV Raw Orange 75S
- Titleist tsi2 hybrid 20ยฐย Tensei AV Raw White 90S

- Ping i210ย pw-4 Modus 3 105X
- Cleveland Zipcore 50ยฐ, 54ยฐ,ย 58ยฐ, Modus 3 120S
- Rife Antigua/Odyssey Ten
- Bridgestone Tour BX

I've noticed bag chatter marks on the bar in the cavity...is that something you can use sand paper or steel wool on?

The cavity is actually painted so I wouldn't recommend any sandpaper or steel wool, I did see a post a while back that they actually had the cavity area bead blasted by Ping. It was a very nice look try to do a search. Maybe someone can provide the link I cant find it.

I've noticed bag chatter marks on the bar in the cavity...is that something you can use sand paper or steel wool on?

The cavity is actually painted so I wouldn't recommend any sandpaper or steel wool, I did see a post a while back that they actually had the cavity area bead blasted by Ping. It was a very nice look try to do a search. Maybe someone can provide the link I cant find it.

I meant the CTP weight port in the back.

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

ย 

You could try but I think bead blasting (first choice) or using a stainless steel wire wheel in a dremel would be more effective since you have to remove the paint.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anserย - the "real deal!"

ย 

Ok. Yes that is a painted area. as suggested above you can try bead blasting a wire wheel or a dremel tool to remove the paint. The sample I was referring to was a bead blasted finish completed by Ping and provided a very good looking finished product. If you are little bit handy I am sure you can so something equally attractive DIY style.

ย 

Ok. Yes that is a painted area. as suggested above you can try bead blasting a wire wheel or a dremel tool to remove the paint. The sample I was referring to was a bead blasted finish completed by Ping and provided a very good looking finished product. If you are little bit handy I am sure you can so something equally attractive DIY style.

Thank you. That's strange that they painted that area. I'll try and find the picture you're talking about.

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING VALOR CB 35"

PING VALOR CB 35"