Ping i-e Irons?

Nessism

Yep that is it. Nice work! I like the bead blasted finish I am thinking of reaching out to ping to check pricing on having this done to my set.

I'm planning on ordering a set in the future, I think. I'll ask too. Whoever finds an answer first, post in this topic.

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

I spoke with Ping this morning on the cavity refinish. This is a service they offer it falls under iron reconditioning The representative was not completely sure of the cost however she said a typical refinishing runs $17.50 per club. They do recommend doing all irons due to it will change the color going with the star shot type finish. I will be sending my set at end of season I like the look allot.

I spoke with Ping this morning on the cavity refinish. This is a service they offer it falls under iron reconditioning The representative was not completely sure of the cost however she said a typical refinishing runs $17.50 per club. They do recommend doing all irons due to it will change the color going with the star shot type finish. I will be sending my set at end of season I like the look allot.

Awesome! So they refinish the whole head, not just the cavity?

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

Awesome! So they refinish the whole head, not just the cavity?

Yes She made it sound like that it was face and cavity with a star-shot type finish. and the brushed stainless would remain that finish.

Don't be surprised if you contact ping and get conflicting answers...I called yesterday and spoke to a first line guy who insisted ping could not refinish these heads, only sandblast the face. It was only when I talked to one of their second line repair folks did I get an assurance that, yes, the I's can be refinished all the way, not just the faces.

Don't be surprised if you contact ping and get conflicting answers...I called yesterday and spoke to a first line guy who insisted ping could not refinish these heads, only sandblast the face. It was only when I talked to one of their second line repair folks did I get an assurance that, yes, the I's can be refinished all the way, not just the faces.

The representative I spoke to was unsure at first and asked if I could hold so she could verify the availability of the refinish. Once she came back she confirmed that it could be done. I am not sure it has been requested very often yet.

• 1 month later...

I don't get the finish issues with the i25 on the plating? I've had two sets and I've had zero issues.. I bought a set last April and had no issues. Slammed a club in the bag and barely even made a mark. Played them all year and like a fool got rid of them this spring. Decided to get another set and have had them two weeks and they look brand new. I love the finish personally. Oh well. I would like to see what one looks like that has a plating issue just to know.

Can't wait to see the new ones!

It looked like you hit a rock on the outer toe of your club. The finish just chunked off on its own. I had the delamination on my i20s and of the three news sets sold at my club that I know of, 2 out of the 3 i25 iron sets had it too. You don't want to see it, just be glad it missed you.

I'm still playing the early version i20s and never have had any issues with these. IMO, I think some people just expect their cubs to stay pristine all the time. Not going to happen!

I have had a set of i20 and s55 have plating issues. Other than the plating crumpling or bunching they were in perfect shape. THe fact that it didn't happen to you is great. The plating literally started bunching up, hard to explain, very weird, and not a result of a rock ding or anything like that.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm the price for an 8 club set of PING ie1 irons has dropped to $799? I saw that price at a local big box store last week, but am unsure if it's an across the board price drop? My reason for asking is I'm thinking of custom ordering a 4 and 5 iron in the ie1 to match a set of S55's I recently had rebuilt at PING and would like to take advantage of the recent price drop.

Can anyone confirm the price for an 8 club set of PING ie1 irons has dropped to $799? I saw that price at a local big box store last week, but am unsure if it's an across the board price drop? My reason for asking is I'm thinking of custom ordering a 4 and 5 iron in the ie1 to match a set of S55's I recently had rebuilt at PING and would like to take advantage of the recent price drop.

They are 999 on dsg. The i25 is 799

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

FWIW, Golf Galaxy has Ping i irons for $799 on their site.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I have noticed what appears to be rust starting on a few of my irons. Its almost like a bronzing starting to shine through. Has anyone else experienced this?

And yes I dry my clubs, no I never leave them wet. Quite anal about looking after my clubs if I'm being honest.

Ping G430 Max 9* - Accra shaft

Ping G430 5 & 7 Woods Kai'li White

Ping iCrossover 3 Kai'li White

Ping i525 5-U Recoils

Ping Glide 4.0 54/58

PXG Bat Attack

:smilie_ping:

Try bar keepers friend and water

This...mix warm water, Bar Keepers Friend, and a little bit of dish soap and you can clean anything off. Been doing this since 1997.

Where is this rust occurring? Got any pics?

Callaway GBB Epic SZ 10' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 6.5
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5
Taylormade SIM 3H - GD AD-DI 8x
Ping i(e1) 4-PW - Project X 6.0 
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04L - KBS 610 Wedge
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 7

Picked up the ie1 4 & 5 irons yesterday that I custom ordered through PING. Had a chance to hit them off the mats at my local range and immediately noticed how much more forgiving they are than the S55's in the longer irons. I'm now combo'ing ie1 in the 4 and 5 irons and S55 6-PW, all with PING AWT 2.0 X flex shafts. I really like the trajectory of the ie1's in the longer irons and feel like these will get a lot of use on long par 3's and even tighter tee shots on par 4's. At $799 for a full set of ie1's, this is one of the best values on new irons going right now IMO.

I think mine are great. But I preferred the look of the iBlade. I will be reshuffling my iBlades to the px over the Christmas break I believe.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone playing these with the new Project X LZ steel shaft?

How's the feel / ball flight / dispersion?

Feel is a personal matter. The PX LZ shaft is reputed to be softer feeling than the original PX but whether or not you like the feel is up to you.

Ball flight depends on a persons swing. The PX LZ shafts launch medium-low based on bend profile but many people do not notice launch differences between different shafts.

Dispersion is a swing feature, not a shaft feature. Sometimes shafts affect dispersion for a particular player if for example, the shaft in question agrees with the players sensibilities, in which case they will put their best swing on the ball.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Mtn golfer, 6 months later...just saw the thread. I could have pm'd u the info when mine were done. Did u do yours? Mine were just a nice bonus fro Ping.

They gave me a little arguement when I told them they scratched them when I sent them in a reshafted and have the lies adjusted. It wasn't until they saw the pictures that they said to send them in and they would blast the cavities. A few days after they had them, Jennifer from Ping calls my cell and says she was putting them in the box and figured she'd reach out and see if I wanted the whole head done, not just the cavity. She figured it was late in the year and I was done with golf anyway.

I couldn't say yes fast enough...the only thi.g I hadn't liked on them was the slight 2 tone face color and she said bead blasting would take care of that. Looks more like the s series now.

Hope u had the same good experience.

WTH? Why not just go with i30?

Looks cleaner and makes sense incrementing the i series #.

That would make too much sense

Yup, seems someone in the Ping Marketing department forgot how to count. Love the irons hate the name. What the heck is a i.e.?

Don't get me started on the Ping colour department. lol

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone know if these are still available to order?

Sure are. Just ordered a set 5 through PW with stiff flex Alta CB graphite shafts. Was able to get d1 swingweight at standard length. Gonna use lead tape in the hidden parts of the cavities to customize the swingweight. Should be a great set of clubs.

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW