Your Current Driver and Why?

Ping_Ho

I just want to see what WRXer are gaming these days and the reason behind it.

I'm currently hitting 9.5 razr fit extreme.

I tried bunch of drivers this season and I don't really see much improvement from my current gamer.

Update: Just got myself a 9.5 deg Aeroburner with stock stiff shaft. Didn't go any further than my cally but lot more forgiving.

Update2: M2 is in the bag now. I'm not sure if it's more accurate or further than AB but it sounds hell of a lot nicer.

In the Bag:

Driver- M2 9.5° Aldila Rogue Black 60S
Mini Driver- X2hot Pro 12.5° Aldila Tour Green 70S
3 Wood- 915 F 15° Diamana S+ 70S
Hybrid- XR 19°
Irons- Nike Covert Forged 2.0 4-PW
Wedges- Cleveland CG12 50°, 58°
Putter- Oddy#7 White Hot 34"

2008 Tour issued Burner TP Silverback head with a Grafalloy BiMatrix in neon pink and Lamkin Crossline full cord with two wraps

Why the tour issue head? It was cheap and I like the shape, it was 10* and 1.5* open which is basically an 8.5* DL, I like a lower loft

The shaft, I was intrigued and I liked the theory behind it. Grafalloy shafts have always been good to me in terms of feel and distance. The neon pink was purely to mess with people and I kinda like the colour too.....

The results?

Well after yesterdays range session its extremely predictable, long, straight to slight fade, can step on it without issue (I hit one pure shot, the others were high on the face as the tee height wasn't right for me) but all were inline with the sweet spot and covered the central grooves on the face showing me it was extremely stable.

I've just bought a Nike VR Pro Ltd head to shaft with another one of these just as a backup driver and to try something else really......I think I've found a shaft that suits me and I'll continue to use it until I have to step down a flex

Cally 815 DBD 9*

Love the feel, love the looks, love the workability, love the distance.

Titleist TSR 4 - Autoflex SF 505XX

Burner Mini - Autoflex SF505XX

Cally Apex UW - Ventus TR RED 7x

Ping G430 3H - Ventus HY Blue 8x 

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW Axiom 105x

Hi-Toe 3 52/MG3 TW 60 - S400TI 

Odyssey Ai Milled Eleven DB w/Stability Tour 

Ping G30 sf tech w/ Fuji pro tour 73s

It doesn't matter what I use, I can't hit a driver.

Driver - Titleist TSi2 8* - Mitsubishi Tensei Raw White 6s

4w Cobra F6 Baffler - Evenflow RED 6.0 75g

DI - Cobra One Utility - Paderson SLS 110 shaft

5-GW PXG Gen4 XP - Elevate 95g Stiff

50* Cleveland Zipcore full face - TI S400

56* Tmag Big Foot - TI S400

Taylormade Tour Spider Silver  

[quote name='artica' timestamp='1436452738' post='11916332']
Ping G30 sf tech w/ Fuji pro tour 73s

It doesn't matter what I use, I can't hit a driver.
[/quote]

I had similar problem this year. I used my 12.5 xhot 2 wood and I magically got my driver swing back.

In the Bag:

Hybrid- XR 19°

Cleveland Classic Custom XL w/ Fujikura Fuel Tour Spec 60 Stiff. I goy for free. The thing is a cannon, pretty forgiving deep face, pear shape, and all black finish. I love it

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

R15 with UST Attas 3 6TS at 45" I can't miss with that thing! By far the most comfortable driver I've had. Now if only I could hit some greens in regulation!!

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

Titleist 913 D3 w/Fujikura Fuel X shaft. Why? Because I bought it - in parts - from golfwrx members when the 910 became a hook machine and I would have rather clawed out my eyes with a filthy sand wedge than play another round that way ever again. Didn't hit or even look at another club, which I prefer to consider an error of exuberance rather than error of omission. I'll get fitted next time (yeah, right). BTW - the D3 is a helluva club/shaft combo.

Cleveland Classic Custom XL w/Kuro Kage Black 70x. I like the deep face and the classic look. Feels great at impact and hits low rockets. It does have a tendency to be a hard slice machine if I get on it too hard, but that is more of a [i]me[/i] problem than a [i]driver[/i] problem.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Callaway BBA
No reason behind selecting it honestly. Just picked it up on a whim because I liked the way it looks and it has a composite crown.

PING G400 Max 10.5º w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 70 TX

PING G400 Max 14.5º w/ Mitsubishi Diamana RF 70 X

Callaway  Apex Pro 20º w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 90 6.0

Callaway Apex/Apex Pro Combo 19 4-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM8 50.08 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner

TaylorMade Spider X

910 D3. I've always preferred smaller heads and love the shape of this head. Also the sound and feel is IMO the best out of all the drivers I have tried even the newer Titleist models.

Titleist TS4 8.5º
Taylormade Burner 5w 18º

PXG 0317X 5 Hybrid
PXG 0311P Gen 3 6-PW

Titleist Vokey 50º
Mizuno MP-T11 54º
Titleist Vokey SM5 60º
Odyssey O-works #7

I share this story for the sole reason that I was proven dead wrong...we had a thread going here a couple weeks back about users who switched from the SLDR to another driver and why. I had a SLDR for about six months, hit it ok, but kind of low and inconsistent. Followed the trend, went out and got a G30, with a couple aftermarket shafts. Hit it ok, but the flight always seemed a bit off. BTW, sold the SLDR on eBay shortly after getting the G30. Finally got on a LM and guess what driver was BY FAR the best performing for me? SLDR. So, naturally, I went out and got another SLDR. My wife just laughed at me, it was the ho-est of ho moves.

Issue for me with the SLDR previously was that the shaft was too stiff for me. With the proper shaft I'm now hitting my (new) SLDR better than ever, and the G30 is going up on eBay.

If you're struggling to bring the spin down on your driver and haven't tried the SLDR, you may be missing out.

Kind of missed the look of the white SLDR also, glad to have it back.

Driver: Stealth 2 9*
3-Metal: TSi2 13.5* at D4 (+0.75)

5-Metal:  0341 Gen2 18*

4-Hybrid:  i25 22* 
Irons: i210 5-U
Wedges: SM8 54D, SM9 60M
Putter: Odyssey O-Works 2MCS 
Ball: -Pro-V1x 

Cobra Bio Cell+ . Experimenting with different shafts. Currently using the stock PXv 6.0 from a regular Bio Cell. Playing it at 10.5.
I like the smaller head sets up nice behind the ball and has a muted sound/feel. It's also pretty forgiving and as long as anything I've tried.
Back ups are Xhot w/ Oban Devotion 6/4 and the regular Bio Cell

Rogue ST Max LS Oban Devotion 6/03 10.5, -1* @45.25" 

Paradym 3HL  Kai’li 60 R
Ping G410 19*,  22* & 26* Riptide CB 80 5.5
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-AW, SF i80cw R,  Or Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW, SF i95cw R   
PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

9.5 i25 neutral setting with non-tour spec fujikura speeder 6.2 tipped 1/2" playing at 44.75. On a trackman, I average 14.4 launch, 2400 spin and 277 yards. Its the straightest thing I have ever played, and I credit the speeder for that. They have always been the straightest hitting shafts for my game and swing.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

[quote name='ryanmn4' timestamp='1436454793' post='11916640']
I share this story for the sole reason that I was proven dead wrong...we had a thread going here a couple weeks back about users who switched from the SLDR to another driver and why. I had a SLDR for about six months, hit it ok, but kind of low and inconsistent. Followed the trend, went out and got a G30, with a couple aftermarket shafts. Hit it ok, but the flight always seemed a bit off. BTW, sold the SLDR on eBay shortly after getting the G30. Finally got on a LM and guess what driver was BY FAR the best performing for me? SLDR. So, naturally, I went out and got another SLDR. My wife just laughed at me, it was the ho-est of ho moves.

Issue for me with the SLDR previously was that the shaft was too stiff for me. With the proper shaft I'm now hitting my (new) SLDR better than ever, and the G30 is going up on eBay.

If you're struggling to bring the spin down on your driver and haven't tried the SLDR, you may be missing out.

[/quote]

Now I really want to try SLDR.

In the Bag:

Hybrid- XR 19°

SLDR Mini 10.5 Tour Issue with Fuji Pro 73 TS X. I find the smaller heads easier to control for me for some reason, at this point in my game. I also have a retail 14* with Matrix 7m3 X that I do just fine with, but on some courses it doesn't go quite far enough, so I got the 10.5 recently.

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='Ping_Ho' timestamp='1436455236' post='11916694']
[quote name='ryanmn4' timestamp='1436454793' post='11916640']

[/quote]

Now I really want to try SLDR.
[/quote]This time got it online (eBay) brand new for like $140, not a huge investment. Used are even less.

Driver: Stealth 2 9*
3-Metal: TSi2 13.5* at D4 (+0.75)

5-Metal:  0341 Gen2 18*

4-Hybrid:  i25 22* 
Irons: i210 5-U
Wedges: SM8 54D, SM9 60M
Putter: Odyssey O-Works 2MCS 
Ball: -Pro-V1x 

915D2 with a Kai'li 70. It just flat out works. It's more forgiving than my 913 and 910 were and it's also a few yards longer on the carry distance and total distance side.

Titleist TS4 8.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X
Titleist 917F2 18* (turned down to 17.25*) Diamana S+ 80X
4 - 718 Titleist AP3 Project X 6.0
4-P 718 Titleist AP2 Project X 6.0
White Satin Mizuno MP T7 51-08 Modus 3 105X
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 55-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 59-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1436455301' post='11916702']
SLDR Mini 10.5 Tour Issue with Fuji Pro 73 TS X. I find the smaller heads easier to control for me for some reason, at this point in my game. I also have a retail 14* with Matrix 7m3 X that I do just fine with, but on some courses it doesn't go quite far enough, so I got the 10.5 recently.
[/quote]

I have Cally Xhot 2 Deep 12.5.
It goes almost as far as my driver and damn straight.

In the Bag:

Hybrid- XR 19°

An Aeroburner driver 9.5 with the ugly matrix shaft. Ugliest club I've owned but I get a great mid ball flight with some hang time for my wimpy golf swing. Also has a stiff flex and it is working with my 94 Mph golf swing with a driver.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

Callaway Razr Fit 10.5 w/ UST Proforce V2 77g stiff flex set to O-(I have the dual cog). It's just very consistent driver. It's hard to really say anything negative about it or justify changing. I am intrigued by some of the new stuff but haven't really took the time to test n see if its worth the change. I will say I have not been fit, but the shaft I use was a suggestion by a friend/pro and its been a great match ever since. So if I do finally decide I need an upgrade I'll go through a thorough fitting first.

Callaway Razr Fit 10.5° S+ Diamana Blueboard 63 Stiff Flex
Callaway Razr Hawk 3 wood TC 14° Diamana Kail'i 70 Stiff Flex
Adams D-hy 21° Aldila Tour Blue Stiff Flex
Callaway X-Utility Prototype iron 24° 6.0
Srixon i-506 irons 5-PW 6.0
Titleist SM5 F Grind 50°
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 58°
Wilson Staff 8883 Milled Putter

I went through a long Process to replace a Ping RaptureV2 w/ Diamana BB. I tried many offerings from multiple manufactures. I made sure I put everything through a complete test monitor/range/course. I thought I had settled on a Titleist 913D2 end of story, however I ended up sticking around a demo Day at my course and was Playing around with a Ping G30 W/Diamana S+ I was not expecting much going into it the Ping G25 was ok but I could never get the flight down enough for me, but with the Ping G30 I was striping it, medium high boring trajectory good carry with a solid amount of roll. I left the course and couldn't get the club off my mind I kept thinking about it. I didn't want to spend the money my daughters were leaving for camp and I would be writing a check for a couple grand for that so another four hundred + on a driver made little sense at the time. Finally that night I woke up and started figuring out how I was going to make it work. My wife and I have one rule for Golf and golf equipment CASH ONLY No credit card purchases. I had a Callaway 2014 BB that was a disaster for me (recommended by a friend who kills it, but not for me) I would trade it in on the Ping to get the order going, I had a 910D2 near mint head and multiple Titleist shafts I would post on BST to see what kind of interest I could generate and I was going to be missing one of my rounds that week to take my daughters to camp so I would put those green fees towards the driver. When it was all said and done I ordered the Ping G30 with the Shaft up-grade and after the trade in a the sell on BST and a friend robbing me..LOL for another one of my Titleist shafts I put $70.00 out of pocket. The Ping G30 showed up, it's the wrong shaft, but that's another story I posted about it in another thread. The Ping G30 is money I have not had as much confidence hitting a driver since my Ping Rapture V2 and I were in our prime together. I have a combo I love now, but looking back on my driver trials to find the Rapture replacement I don't think I gave the Ping G25 or the Anser enough time and shaft options, but it was hard to find shaft options for those Ping heads I am glad I stuck around the demo day and had a chance to hit multiple shafts in the Ping G30 it sold me.