Your Current Driver and Why?

Ping_Ho

Taylormade M2, why? My wife surprised me for my birthday with a fitting for the M2. Was fitted with a regular flex Mitsubishi tensei ck60 at 10.5. Launch monitor said I was gaining 15 more yards average then my R7, we will see about that.

Cobra fly z+ Aldila rogue black
TM aero burner mini driver aldila rogue black
TM R9 3&5 wood stock
2016 mizuno jpx ez 4-gw
Cleveland cg16 50,56,62
Odyssey black series #5

I carry 2 drivers about half the time (the rest of the time, I carry whichever one is not being punished).

My 'fade' driver (affectionately known as "fore left!") is a 9.5 Razr Fit Xtreme with the Aldila Trinity X shaft (does the 65 mean grams?). I set it open and put the heavier weight in the toe.

My 'hook' driver is an FT-9 (it says 'neutral, but it looks closed to me) with a Fujikura stiff shaft. I love this driver. I can hit it both ways (straight into the trees on the right AND straight into the trees on the left), I can hit a high slice off the fairway and I've even hit it out of divots. If I had to stick with just one, this would be it.

The first time I took both, with this strategy, I hit every fairway (and missed every green). It works pretty well until I start getting distance happy. I'd probably be better off if I just hit my 3H off every tee, but...it's just a hobby.

Mainly Bertha Mini, 12 degree with stock Kuro Kage shaft. I'm focusing on reliability in my full swing right now, and teeing low with the Mini is much more comfortable for me as it allows me to use the same swing as with all my other clubs. Since I am a high spin player who tends to have a negative angle of attack on the driver, I don't get a lot of extra distance on a standard driver vs the Mini for the average shot at the moment. Once I tighten up the swing overall I'll work on improving my angle of attack on the driver, but it is not particularly pressing given that I hit the Mini 260-270 yards.

Great Big Bertha 2015

half the spin of the 2016 XR series with the same shaft. its the longest head I have used to date and I like the crown at address.

playing int with the stock speeder evo 2 x stiff replacing the shaft with an Oban devotion from Callaway pre owned and if not happy trying the Kiyoshi white.

M2. Had been hitting a Cobra LTD Pro which is the best feeling and longest driver I have ever hit, but I would hit some extremely erratic drives every now and then and had a tough time turning it over and finding my high draw launch "window." Probably too low of spin for me. Just never felt comfortable. The M2 seems much more consistent in terms of ball flight and I really love the way it frames the ball, very confidence inspiring. It is the first Taylormade driver I have liked since my old faithful 07 Burner TP. I really think the M2 may end up in the Taylormade cult classic realm along the lines of the 510TP, Superquad TP 282, 07 Burner TP, etc.

Titleist TSR2 9* Black AD DI 6X
Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue Silver I/O 70S
Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X

Srixon ZXU 4 Recoil F5
Titleist T100 5-PW AMT White S300
Vokey SM6 Black 50F, 54F, 58S
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2

I did a fitting back in March, but my swing was a bit rusty so I decided to hold off because I hit nothing well. After going through 3 drivers in May (thanks to the Callaway Pre-Owned 30 day full refund test drive) I went to Golfsmith and tried everything again. This time there was a clear winner, it was the Cobra F6 with Matrix Red Tie 60 Q4 shaft. I tried several settings and did best at 9.5 degrees. Had a gift card to there and bought it (had to have one shipped since of course they don't have any left handed in store other than the demo). I got to take it out this past week, after a few shots at the range I got it dialed in on the course and could not be happier (for now).

Nike Vapor fly.Traded my SLDR in yesterday and bagged this thing.I bought it last season and up till now I just cannot hit the thing consistently.Really didn't like the way it felt either.

They gave me $50 for it so my Vapor cost $100 out the door.Budget Golf has a store nearby and their online warehouse is just down the road.They have great deals on clubs regularly.

Covert 2.0

Why?

Me and my buddy flew over to Florida for a golf trip and our first stop was the Blue Monster at Doral. I had decided not to bring my driver on the plane, as I was planning to go to a local golf store before our tee time and test a couple out before purchasing one.

After breakfast we strolled out with our golf gear to our car, which we had parked in an exceptionally convenient spot right opposite the hotel late at night on Ocean Drive. To our surprise, it was not there, instead a big empty space with a fire hydrant...

We ended up locating our car (which had obviously been towed) with about an hour to go before we were due to tee off at the Blue Monster. I still did not have a driver at this point.

Grabbed the car, a couple hundred dollars lighter, and made our way to Doral, pulling in at Miami Beach golf club where I bagged the first driver I could find in a stiff shaft, before checking in and teeing off.

I haven't got round to getting fitted properly yet!

Normal Gamer:

M1 430 10.5 set to 10 Diamana W60S 45" for normal play. I can draw it & cut it, it is VERY consistent/accurate & longer than anything but my "Scramble Driver".

Scramble Stick:

Aeroburner TP 9.5 Matrix Speed Rulz C-Type 60S 45.5". I'm not a long hitter by any means, most of my scramble friends use me for 140 in & putting BUT this is the longest driver I've ever owned. Absolute ROCKET launcher when nutted. There a reason DJ averaged 5 yards more in distance in 2015. The ABTP is LLLLOOOONNNG.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG2TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & MG2 Hi Toe 60/10 KBS HiRev 120
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

I flip between the M1 and the G30 - both have Diamana 70X cut to 44.5" and swing weighted to approximately D2

The G30 is my current one because it is a beast and lets me get a little squirely with my swing

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

My successor to the R510TP is the Ping Anser. I have the 9.5 degree head set to lower and the Diamana 'ahina 70X shaft. The driver has hot melt in the back weight and that makes it a little less loud and a little heavier. It measures 45" long and the 'ahina plays not as heavy/stout as I thought! But it's all about the driver's performance, I love the driver because it's lower spin and decently forgiving. Made my 510 look like a kids toy. I've hit the longest drives ever with this driver and for the most part it's just really straight (when my quick hands don't get in the way). I swing at 112 mph on avg and play off of a -4 cap.

[font=georgia,serif][size=3][font=times new roman,times,serif]​TaylorMade R9 460 (8.75) Diamana 'ahina 70X
TaylorMade R9 (16) Aldila RIP Alpha 70X
Mizuno MP-30 (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S300
Callaway MD2 (52S/58C) Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland Classic #6 (34in/350g) Winn AVS[/font][/size][/font]

Since 2012 I have played SLDR 9.5 with 2 shafts. I bought R15 and M1 for testing, but they never lasted much longer than a few weeks before I resold them..

It took a while to realize the heaver weight SLDR head is one of two key reasons. Secondary is having a steep AoA, the low spin COG forward fits me best. Since buying the club I've played two shafts... 1st - Project X6C12 Tour Issue, 2nd Project X7C3 Tour Issue, D3+

• TSR2 10° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Talamonti PD 80R
  • T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i to PW MMT 105S
  • SM9 F52/12 & M58/8, DG S200 127g
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

Cobra Fly Z. Why? It's a long, straight fairway finder and I just love the look of it. Something about the way they've stretched out the head gives me a lot of confidence.

So happy with it that I've stopped worrying about driver and have moved on to figuring out how to justify replacing a perfectly good putter.

Kind of sad, really. Replaced it almost a year to the day from this post. The love affair turned into a relationship full of disappointment and unfulfilled expectations. Towards the end, we couldn't stand the sight of each other.

Replaced the putter, too.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

R9 TP...not as long as the new ones. 420 cc head...not really the most forgiving. But I hit it well. Most of the time of course. I hit other new drivers about 20 -30 yds longer but smooth consistent drives with this thing. Thinking of experimenting with a new shaft for some extra distance but afraid to foul it up.

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

Two favorites...been hitting a SLDR 10.5 with a Penley ET2 mid stiff with a strong TBAR tip section and just got an m2 460cc, also with the same TBAR profile mid stiff Penley ET2....so far, the the M2 is slightly longer but not yet used to it. I'm inclined to give the nod to the M2 for feel. The shaft is the key...I've tried them all (my wife is an LPGA pro, have access to any shafts) but there is nothing like the Penley shafts.

M2 9.5* turned to 10.25* with a stiff Kuro Kage black. It looks so sexy and is brings a lot of confidence at address. I hit it straight with a very piercing flight and because of the low spin it just goes. I can play a draw if I really need to but if I want to move it I go with a fade. I am currently waiting on a new adapter so I can try out a Speeder Evo 661 that I have, which should give me a little better dispersion.

M2 9.5* turned to 10.25* with a stiff Kuro Kage black. It looks so sexy and is brings a lot of confidence at address. I hit it straight with a very piercing flight and because of the low spin it just goes. I can play a draw if I really need to but if I want to move it I go with a fade. I am currently waiting on a new adapter so I can try out a Speeder Evo 661 that I have, which should give me a little better dispersion.

I'd be very keen to hear your thoughts on that combo.

F6+ somewhere around 10*. Currently using a chrome element 6f5t. Teed up low, this thing carries 15 yards further than the rogue silver 60.

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

I'm playing a 905T with the stock "speeder" shaft.

Why? Because it's freaking sweet.

And also because the 915's haven't dropped enough yet. Those things are still going for about $200 right now. Maybe by fall.

TS4 8.5* RogueElite65-X

980F 15* EpicFwy-S

Hybrids - under construction

Irons - under construction

Cleveland 50,56* TTDG-W

Slotline ss385