Your Current Driver and Why?

Ping_Ho

Ping G30 SF tech with Tour 65 shaft. Ping fitting told me I had right shaft but wrong head (I had regular G30 head). He was right and it is the best driver I have ever hit even if my swing isn't up in WRX territory!

Titleist TSi1 10 degree driver 

TM Stealth 4 and 7 woods
M6 hybrid
PXG 0211 irons (5 to G)
Vokey 54 D grind 58 D grind
Scotty Newport 2.5 Special Select

TM Tour Response balls

H2NO stand bag

I have been playing a ladies Bio Cell head with a White Tie stiff shaft for the last couple of years. My fitter put me in it since I launch the ball so low, it has just been the best driver I have ever owned. Long and forgiving, It looks pretty sweet too with the pink head and white shaft. I have tried the newer stuff since I just love trying new clubs, but nothing has been able to make me kick the bio cell out of the bag.

Cobra Bio Cell 11*
F6 Baffler 17.5
Hibore Hybrid 22*
850 Forged 5-GW
MP-T10 54, EYE 2 61
Odyssey 7

Titleist 915 D2 with Speeder 757 Tour spec shaft... Titleist drivers continue to be the overall best performer for me and has been the one driver to maximize my confidence in "hitting the fairway" instead of "just hoping I keep it in play".

Titleist TSR2 10 deg with Ventus TR Blue 6

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 deg 3 wood with Ventus TR Blue 7

Titleist TSR2  18 deg 5 wood with Ventus TR Blue 7

Wilson Staff CB 4-PW with DG mid 115 

Wedges ?? 

Scotty Cameron Champions choice Newport 2+ @ 34 inches

Pro V1 

Taylormade M1 7.5 degree Tour Issue

Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White Prototype 80TX

Tipped 1 inch

44.5 inches, D3

I play this combo for low spin and control. The slightly shorter shaft allows me to square the club up at impact easier, and the weight allows me to stay in tempo for consistency. Spin has always been an enemy of mine, and this combo is the first one that put me in the 1900-2000 rpm range. My ball speeds, when swinging well are mid 180's, and I do give up a couple mph with the shorter and heavier driver. That said, the ball tends to roll further down a fairway than in the trees.

That sounds like such a solid setup!! I'd love to try that combo out but it'd be a expensive experiment if it didn't work....

It really has been a revelation. I've always struggled with getting my spin down enough and this combo is perfect. I tried a couple M1 set ups early on and just couldn't find the right one. When I was able to get ahold of the 7.5 head, 7.1 true loft, finally the spin rates were decent and launch angle still was about 14 degrees. I messed with Kuro kage, hzrdus, on and on and on, until I was able to get a few Tensei White Prototypes in a variety of weights to try. Once I hit the 80 in the M1 head is was true love. Haha. Spin rates down around 2000 rpm, no left miss, and the ability to absolutely stand on the accelerator whenever the need arises. For high swing speed, high spin players, I would highly recommend the Tensei Pro White combined with an M1 or M2 head.

Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna have to look into the Tensei White. I'm currently playing the M2 with GP 7x and it's good but I'm always for searching for something better...

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

Taylormade M1 7.5 degree Tour Issue

Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White Prototype 80TX

Tipped 1 inch

44.5 inches, D3

I play this combo for low spin and control. The slightly shorter shaft allows me to square the club up at impact easier, and the weight allows me to stay in tempo for consistency. Spin has always been an enemy of mine, and this combo is the first one that put me in the 1900-2000 rpm range. My ball speeds, when swinging well are mid 180's, and I do give up a couple mph with the shorter and heavier driver. That said, the ball tends to roll further down a fairway than in the trees.

That sounds like such a solid setup!! I'd love to try that combo out but it'd be a expensive experiment if it didn't work....

It really has been a revelation. I've always struggled with getting my spin down enough and this combo is perfect. I tried a couple M1 set ups early on and just couldn't find the right one. When I was able to get ahold of the 7.5 head, 7.1 true loft, finally the spin rates were decent and launch angle still was about 14 degrees. I messed with Kuro kage, hzrdus, on and on and on, until I was able to get a few Tensei White Prototypes in a variety of weights to try. Once I hit the 80 in the M1 head is was true love. Haha. Spin rates down around 2000 rpm, no left miss, and the ability to absolutely stand on the accelerator whenever the need arises. For high swing speed, high spin players, I would highly recommend the Tensei Pro White combined with an M1 or M2 head.

Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna have to look into the Tensei White. I'm currently playing the M2 with GP 7x and it's good but I'm always for searching for something better...

For ultra low spin, the white is for sure the best I've hit. Great feel too, and not a rebar like most ultra low spin shafts.

Callaway XR16 Pro because it's as forgiving as my previous 915 D2 but 10yds longer.

Cobra LTDx LS 9 Fuji Ventus Black 6X

TM Stealth+ 13.5 HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.5 70

TM SIM UDI 2i HZRDUS RDX Black 6.5 100

Mizuno Pro 225 4-PW C Taper Lite X 115

Vokey SM10 50.12F/56.12D/60.08M S400

SC Newport 2 Tei3

M2. 10.5 with HZRDUS 75 gram stiff shaft. I have always been a Taylormade hater because of their product cycles and advertising, but this driver is off the chain good!!! I could probably have went with x-stiff for my swing speed but the numbers I got with that shaft are just about perfect. The misses with it are considerably better than with my old gamer too. Glad I read all the reviews about it and demoed it. Probably the best driver I have ever gamed...

Because it offers the best 'BLEND' of the (4) things you need for great performance off the tee: Distance, Accuracy, Forgiveness and Consistency! It's easily the best blend of those (4) attributes that I have ever found, plus it feels very good and looks great too!.. :wub:

You can always spend more, (and likely get less), but with the right loft, and a fitted premium shaft, my driver is as good as it gets!... :yes:

If your goal is to increase your average driver distance, AND your percentage of fairways hit, you will find this driver very hard to beat!.. :good:

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

NIKE Vapor Flex - because it's the suits my eye so well and has amazing sound and feel

NIKE VR Tour - the best driver head I had played until I hit the Flex. Distance is as good as anything I've played

Flex - Diamana S+ 60

VR Tour - Tour AD DI 7

Update:

Putting a Vapor TW - Whiteboard combo in play. The TW head may he my favorite head to date. Stay tuned.

Taylormade - M2 10.5* / Motore F3
Taylormade - Jetspeed 15* / Diamana D+
Nike - VR Pro 2, 4 thru PW / RIP Tour, PX
Nike - Engage 54*
Cleveland - 588 Custom 60*
Taylormade - Ghost Tour Daytona 62

NIKE Vapor Flex - because it's the suits my eye so well and has amazing sound and feel

NIKE VR Tour - the best driver head I had played until I hit the Flex. Distance is as good as anything I've played

Flex - Diamana S+ 60

VR Tour - Tour AD DI 7

Update:

Putting a Vapor TW - Whiteboard combo in play. The TW head may he my favorite head to date. Stay tuned.

Taylormade - M2 10.5* / Motore F3
Taylormade - Jetspeed 15* / Diamana D+
Nike - VR Pro 2, 4 thru PW / RIP Tour, PX
Nike - Engage 54*
Cleveland - 588 Custom 60*
Taylormade - Ghost Tour Daytona 62

Bio cell with the stock + red tie stiff. Got it mint at GS for $36. Every now and then they mess up and let a deal out the door. It legitimately added 15-20yds on avg over the gamer I had while having equal forgiveness and better feel. Wish I would have tried one earlier.

F6 baffler
MP54
T7/S18/eye2XG Lob
Classic #3

Because it offers the best 'BLEND' of the (4) things you need for great performance off the tee: Distance, Accuracy, Forgiveness and Consistency! It's easily the best blend of those (4) attributes that I have ever found, plus it feels very good and looks great too!.. :wub:

You can always spend more, (and likely get less), but with the right loft, and a fitted premium shaft, my driver is as good as it gets!... :yes:

If your goal is to increase your average driver distance, AND your percentage of fairways hit, you will find this driver very hard to beat!.. :good:

Which driver is this? Haven't seen it before!

Which driver is this? Haven't seen it before!

Oh no!

So your saying it's an M2, that doesn't look as good, IMO, doesn't have free upgraded shafts, and absolutely zero re sale value??? Sorry, I'm disliking a club from the same manufacturer of driver I have.... I would steer most people away from Taylormade, except for M2. Best thing they made since ole 08 burner! That was a classic!

So your saying it's an M2, that doesn't look as good, IMO, doesn't have free upgraded shafts, and absolutely zero re sale value??? Sorry, I'm disliking a club from the same manufacturer of driver I have.... I would steer most people away from Taylormade, except for M2. Best thing they made since ole 08 burner! That was a classic!

Not at all, and not sure why you even said that! I think a lot of people love the look and performance of the the multi-material, 2-tone M-Family! A lot of people also like all-white drivers such as the R15 and AeroBurner too!

I happen to prefer the 'gloss black classic look' myself, along with a driver that offers great all-around performance! (The right blend of distance, accuracy, forgiveness and consistency). Now, granted, what is considered a 'classic look' and the best blend of performance attributes for any particular player will always be highly subjective, but I am obviously content and confident enough with my personal choice that I am very willing to recommend it to other players!

I agree with you that the shaft choice is very important, but I must say I dislike the way TM tips some of their upgraded M-Family premium shafts. I much prefer having an even wider range of choice and installing shafts in a way that fits my swing. (I like mine tipped 1/2" rather than a full inch like TM currently does it). A full inch can be too much tipping for certain premium driver shafts like mine that have a very stiff tip to begin with! Of course, YMMV!.. :D

:golfer:

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

I have been playing a ladies Bio Cell head with a White Tie stiff shaft for the last couple of years. My fitter put me in it since I launch the ball so low, it has just been the best driver I have ever owned. Long and forgiving, It looks pretty sweet too with the pink head and white shaft. I have tried the newer stuff since I just love trying new clubs, but nothing has been able to make me kick the bio cell out of the bag.

Exact same story here. Except for the ladies pink head...not that it is wrong...or that I couldn't pull it off if I wanted...mine's silver...

But it is a cannon!

Titleist TSr2 w/ HZRDUS Smoke

Cobra BioCell+ 3W Aldila Tour Green

Cally Razr Hawk 7W Aldila Tour Green

Wilson Staff C200 w/ KBS 115’s
Cleveland DSG 52 & 58
TP Hydroblast Chaska
...all subject to “adjustment” per WRX societal norms...

I have the R15 and now I want the M2, but I am waiting until the price drops.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

I share this story for the sole reason that I was proven dead wrong...we had a thread going here a couple weeks back about users who switched from the SLDR to another driver and why. I had a SLDR for about six months, hit it ok, but kind of low and inconsistent. Followed the trend, went out and got a G30, with a couple aftermarket shafts. Hit it ok, but the flight always seemed a bit off. BTW, sold the SLDR on eBay shortly after getting the G30. Finally got on a LM and guess what driver was BY FAR the best performing for me? SLDR. So, naturally, I went out and got another SLDR. My wife just laughed at me, it was the ho-est of ho moves.

Issue for me with the SLDR previously was that the shaft was too stiff for me. With the proper shaft I'm now hitting my (new) SLDR better than ever, and the G30 is going up on eBay.

If you're struggling to bring the spin down on your driver and haven't tried the SLDR, you may be missing out.

Kind of missed the look of the white SLDR also, glad to have it back.

My story is exactly the same. Loving the SLDR now that I have it back. The look sound and feel is second to none IMO and the 460 is just as forgiving as any driver out there no matter what people say.