Jones Bag Users

[quote name='WVP' timestamp='1449281504' post='12682372']
^ looks awesome but a tight fit. How's it for getting clubs in and out?
[/quote]

Amazingly roomy. Middle pocket is huge. No issues with clubs tangling.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1449284443' post='12682592']
[/quote]

[/quote]
I would be grateful if you would share your experience with this bag once you played a round or two. It really does look amazing! Thanks for posting the picture.

G410 Plus 10.5
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 5 Wood
G410 19, 22, and 26 degree hybrids
G25 6 - UW
Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 56.14
SC Futura X 33 "

[quote name='shortgame85' timestamp='1449322591' post='12683580']
[/quote]

[/quote]
I would be grateful if you would share your experience with this bag once you played a round or two. It really does look amazing! Thanks for posting the picture.
[/quote]

On round on it. No issues with club fit at all. Easy to walk with, only thing I could not find a good place to put my towel. Not a lot of room if you carry slot of apparel, one jacket fits but not much more. I like it as I don't keep a ton of stuff in my bag. Today I carried 14 clubs, two sleeves of balls, jacket, and bag of tees. I put the phone in the mesh please Cher which is nice then I can check it without taking it out of the pocket.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1449346898' post='12684678']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

On round on it. No issues with club fit at all. Easy to walk with, only thing I could not find a good place to put my towel. Not a lot of room if you carry slot of apparel, one jacket fits but not much more. I like it as I don't keep a ton of stuff in my bag. Today I carried 14 clubs, two sleeves of balls, jacket, and bag of tees. I put the phone in the mesh please Cher which is nice then I can check it without taking it out of the pocket.
[/quote]
No club tangle? As for the towel, isn't there a ring or something to which you could attach a towel?

G410 Plus 10.5
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 5 Wood
G25 6 - UW
SC Futura X 33 "

To those of you out there who have their Rider Bag, do you walk with it? I'm a walker and currently have their stand bag but would still like a little more room for my clubs. The Jones site says it weighs over 8 lbs! That's heavy it seems like! More than Titleist's vinyl staff bag! Anyone have issues walking with it because of it's weight or is it negligible?

[quote name='coach2011' timestamp='1449343653' post='12684516']
How is the bag for weather?
[/quote]

It's not water proof - I can attest to that. I got caught in a rain storm with my original Jones bag, walked several minutes in pouring rain and my wallet which was stored in bag was wet once I got to the clubhouse. Love the bag, though!

Handicap:  3

[quote name='mrjumbie' timestamp='1449380229' post='12686210']
To those of you out there who have their Rider Bag, do you walk with it? I'm a walker and currently have their stand bag but would still like a little more room for my clubs. The Jones site says it weighs over 8 lbs! That's heavy it seems like! More than Titleist's vinyl staff bag! Anyone have issues walking with it because of it's weight or is it negligible?
[/quote]

I don't walk with it. Too bulky to walk with. The Rider is my staff bag.

[quote name='shortgame85' timestamp='1449354571' post='12684994']
[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1449346898' post='12684678']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
No club tangle? As for the towel, isn't there a ring or something to which you could attach a towel?
[/quote]

No club tangle . No towel ring either.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Blade Junkie' timestamp='1444169575' post='12419750']
[quote name='redhead' timestamp='1443592935' post='12388714']
If you don't mind me asking, did you buy directly from Jones' website? How much did you pay for shipping/custom/tax/etc?

Cheers!
[/quote]

I bought my green one on USA eBay in mint condition. Shipping was $57 ... I just checked and I actually got away with no customs fee (bag itself was $44)

The Original has no spine so the box is quite small (basically the bag folds in half :) )

The Black one was an early prototype that I had delivered to a relative in Arizona, and collected it when I was on vacation out there.
[/quote]

Update: I took advantage of the recent 40% discount Black Friday offer to add a red Original to the collection. This is the first one I've bought direct from Jones. I paid $83.97 for the bag itself and they charged $50 for shipping. On the exchange rate it worked out at £92.02.

I just paid the customs charge, which was £8.00 for the Clearance Fee and £22.60 for the Iimport VAT.

Jones marked the customs form at full retail unfortunately ($139.95), and this plus the postage is the value that customs use to calculate their VAT bill. They aren't using a great exchange rate either.

The box it comes in is 36cm x 24cm x 34cm, and the total package weight is 5 lbs.

Absolute rip off to have to pay VAT on the postage charge ... such is life in modern-day Britain I suppose ...

So all-in-all I've paid £122.62 ... just about worth it as they are really nice bags :)

[i]"Don't play too much golf ... two rounds a day are plenty" [/i]

[b]Harry Vardon[/b] (1870-1937)

[quote name='Blade Junkie' timestamp='1450352984' post='12730668']
[quote name='Blade Junkie' timestamp='1444169575' post='12419750']
[quote name='redhead' timestamp='1443592935' post='12388714']
If you don't mind me asking, did you buy directly from Jones' website? How much did you pay for shipping/custom/tax/etc?

Cheers!
[/quote]

I bought my green one on USA eBay in mint condition. Shipping was $57 ... I just checked and I actually got away with no customs fee (bag itself was $44)

The Original has no spine so the box is quite small (basically the bag folds in half :) )

The Black one was an early prototype that I had delivered to a relative in Arizona, and collected it when I was on vacation out there.
[/quote]

Update: I took advantage of the recent 40% discount Black Friday offer to add a red Original to the collection. This is the first one I've bought direct from Jones. I paid $83.97 for the bag itself and they charged $50 for shipping. On the exchange rate it worked out at £92.02.

I just paid the customs charge, which was £8.00 for the Clearance Fee and £22.60 for the Iimport VAT.

Jones marked the customs form at full retail unfortunately ($139.95), and this plus the postage is the value that customs use to calculate their VAT bill. They aren't using a great exchange rate either.

The box it comes in is 36cm x 24cm x 34cm, and the total package weight is 5 lbs.

Absolute rip off to have to pay VAT on the postage charge ... such is life in modern-day Britain I suppose ...

So all-in-all I've paid £122.62 ... just about worth it as they are really nice bags :)
[/quote]
You are without a doubt a fine sport. If that had happened to me, I would have been royally pissed.

G410 Plus 10.5
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 5 Wood
G25 6 - UW
SC Futura X 33 "

I love my Jones stand bag. No problem with 14 clubs tangling and enough room for balls, jacket, sunglasses, rangefinder and water bottle. I d-ring my towel to the ring on the top of the strap. Sweet simple bag.

Knuth High Heat Driver - 12
Callaway Big Bertha Driver -12.5
Callaway Big Bertha 5 and 7 Woods
Ping K 15 irons
Cleveland Halo 3, 4 and 5 Hybrids
Ping MB Wedges - 48, 52, 56 and 60
Edel Custom Wedges - 50, 55 and 60
SeeMore Black Gunmetal MFGP2 CS Putter
Edel Custom Putter

I have two Jones bags, one Players bag #001 in black and the Classic bag in grey and white. They are both sweet bags for walking or carting. I find there is FAR less bunching of the clubs in the bottom as compared to my other bags, and you have limited space, so you can't overpack. One strap is all you need. Sometimes I pack all 14 clubs and sometimes I pack 7 or so. Iy just depends on the mood, but these really are well-made bags that can last a lifetime if you take decent care of them. Two thumbs up here!

I just need a few Seamus headcovers for my woods. Those are sharp!

I have a Jones original in green and white
It's such a cool bag and gets great compliments
Would like to use it more but don't like laying it down up here in the NW

Callaway Epic Max LS Ventus TR Red
Titleist TSR3 15* Ventus Red
Titleist TSR2 Hzrdus
T100 KBS $taper 120 4-pw
Vokey SM9 S400 Raw 50-54-58
Scotty Cameron Newport

[quote name='tyro' timestamp='1450509606' post='12738620']
I have two Jones bags, one Players bag #001 in black and the Classic bag in grey and white. They are both sweet bags for walking or carting. I find there is FAR less bunching of the clubs in the bottom as compared to my other bags, and you have limited space, so you can't overpack. One strap is all you need. Sometimes I pack all 14 clubs and sometimes I pack 7 or so. Iy just depends on the mood, but these really are well-made bags that can last a lifetime if you take decent care of them. Two thumbs up here!

I just need a few Seamus headcovers for my woods. Those are sharp!
[/quote]
Do you mean power cart or push cart? That's the only concern I have, function of I need to throw it on a power cart.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Here's my new red Jones Original .. suitably attired for last weekend's Club "Xmas" competition:

[attachment=3073686:Jones Original - Xmas Style.jpg]

Note that a "hickory sticks" stand works fantastic with the Original.

[quote name='Blade Junkie' timestamp='1450707092' post='12746596']
Here's my new red Jones Original .. suitably attired for last weekend's Club "Xmas" competition:

[/quote]
Are those Cru headcovers I spy?

G410 Plus 10.5
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 5 Wood
G25 6 - UW
SC Futura X 33 "

[quote name='shortgame85' timestamp='1450736605' post='12748770']
[quote name='Blade Junkie' timestamp='1450707092' post='12746596']

[/quote]
[/quote]

They are vintage-styled covers as sold in my club (Golf At Goodwood, in UK). Synthetic leather and 'Made in China'. Brand is PRG, who do alot of golf acccessories http://www.prgolfonline.com/ and supply some pretty good clubs judging by the sample photos on their website.

So not quite the real McCoy but look good enough :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me how big the apparel pocket is on the original bag? I really only carry my rain gear. I have an RLX suit and both pieces roll up into little bags that are about the size of a half loaf of bread. Is the pocket big enough to carry 2 of those and maybe an extra towel?

Also, is he ball pocket with the 2 zippers divided or does it open up to one big compartment

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1540362-raholland71-witb/#entry16159836"]WITB[/url]
Titleist TS3 9.5*
Titleist TS3 15*
Titleist 818 H2 19*
Miura CB57 4-6
Miura MB001 7-PW
Vokey SM7 Raw 52*
Vokey V Grind 56*
Vokey Low Bounce K 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport Circle T

[quote name='raholland71' timestamp='1451757145' post='12792410']
Can someone tell me how big the apparel pocket is on the original bag? I really only carry my rain gear. I have an RLX suit and both pieces roll up into little bags that are about the size of a half loaf of bread. Is the pocket big enough to carry 2 of those and maybe an extra towel?

Also, is he ball pocket with the 2 zippers divided or does it open up to one big compartment
[/quote]

My Jones orginal apparel pocket will fit my rain jacket and pants with ease, i dont see why i couldn't fit a towel aswell. It is 2 separate pockets, one is large enough for me to put a score card holder, dozen balls, rangefinder, and a water bottle. The smaller pocket is perfect for my valuables pouch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I broke down and bought an original. Got out for 18 with it today, very easy walk, make me wonder why we ever moved to the ping type stand bags in the first place. This is much easier on the body for sure.

The only other bag I remember growing up lighter than a jones bag, might have been a vagabond. I always remember those being really popular before jones caught on.

I broke down and bought an original. Got out for 18 with it today, very easy walk, make me wonder why we ever moved to the ping type stand bags in the first place. This is much easier on the body for sure.

The only other bag I remember growing up lighter than a jones bag, might have been a vagabond. I always remember those being really popular before jones caught on.

I believe Jones made the Vagabond bag. I bought a Vagabond about 20 years ago, $2 at a yard sale. It was identical to the Jones, except no lettering on the molded bottom or the twisted handle, same pockets and hardware. Mine was in decent condition, twenty years old already. I think it was made with a synthetic material to look like canvas. My late father would hand sew it until it just disintegrated. A nice bag I used for years.

For $2, the bag didn't owe me anything. I threw it away sometime after Dad passed.

PS: The hardware of the Vagabond seemed extremely heavy and costly for a cheaper bag.

Love mine. People ask about it all the time. I also get a lot of 'why?'. Lightweight, simple, enough pockets for everything you ever need to carry. Only downside is on really wet and rainy days the bag and the clubs get soaked. The golf WRX bag tag completes the ensemble. :)

Ping G30 9.5*
Ping G25 4w, 3h
Mizuno MP 33 5i-PW
Mizuno MP T Series 53*, 58*
SC Studio Style Newport 2

They are vintage-styled covers as sold in my club (Golf At Goodwood, in UK). Synthetic leather and 'Made in China'. Brand is PRG, who do alot of golf acccessories http://www.prgolfonline.com/ and supply some pretty good clubs judging by the sample photos on their website.

So not quite the real McCoy but look good enough :)

For years, I've wanted to make a simple stand to place my Jones bag (or any Sunday bag) on. I've mapped out the measurements, gathered the necessary hardware from my junk boxes, and subsequently, haven't made one yet.

Will get to it some day.

If you have the (unstructured) Jones Original Bag, simply sticking an umbrella in its sheath will add enough rigidity so you can lean it against something without having it collapse. The umbrella's shaft also gives you something "handy" to grasp at the bottom of the bag so it is easier to remove from your car's trunk.

However, aside from all that... you probably really need an umbrella anyway...rain happens! :swoon:

:golfer:

[b]What's in Bobcat's Bag? (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)[/b]

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM Tour-iussue V-Steel 15* 3W - 43.25" Fujikura 757 Speeder Stiff
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM TP UDI's 16* (#1) & 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have the Players Series #003? I really like the color on that one but unfortunately it's sold out. Thinking of getting the #001.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]