Nike 2016

Mattpgolf15

Went to go buy the VFP driver today at golfsmith. I was real excited to walk out with it today until I hit it in the bay. My launch angle was good but i was spinning it way high. Consistently spinning it between 3200-4000. We even changed the shafts around and it didn't help. So I grabbed the M1 and the Ping G LS (not a fan but I know they're both very low spinning). My ss is about 110-112. I hit the M1 and G LS very well. I was getting about 280-295 carry with spin rates between 1900-2500. Then I went back to the VFP with the same shaft and still was spinning it too high. Anyone else have the problem with the VFP spinning too high? They were sold out of the flex so all I had to test was the VFP. Anyone have any advice? I really want to hop on this deal lol

What shaft?! My blue board X is low launch low spin for me. Everyone is different though. I definitely launch lower and with way more ball speed than my previous G30 LST.

I'm currently gaming a 70g Blueboard in x flex. I also have a kuro kage tini 60g x flex and a rogue black 60 g xflex. Tried all of them in the VFP and was still spinning a bit too high. Same shafts in M1 or G LS and I was getting optimal numbers. I was disappointed cuz I'm a Nike guy and I realllllyyyyy wanted to walk out with the VFP

What's your AoA? That sounds like the cause of this to me

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to go buy the VFP driver today at golfsmith. I was real excited to walk out with it today until I hit it in the bay. My launch angle was good but i was spinning it way high. Consistently spinning it between 3200-4000. We even changed the shafts around and it didn't help. So I grabbed the M1 and the Ping G LS (not a fan but I know they're both very low spinning). My ss is about 110-112. I hit the M1 and G LS very well. I was getting about 280-295 carry with spin rates between 1900-2500. Then I went back to the VFP with the same shaft and still was spinning it too high. Anyone else have the problem with the VFP spinning too high? They were sold out of the flex so all I had to test was the VFP. Anyone have any advice? I really want to hop on this deal lol

What shaft?! My blue board X is low launch low spin for me. Everyone is different though. I definitely launch lower and with way more ball speed than my previous G30 LST.

I'm currently gaming a 70g Blueboard in x flex. I also have a kuro kage tini 60g x flex and a rogue black 60 g xflex. Tried all of them in the VFP and was still spinning a bit too high. Same shafts in M1 or G LS and I was getting optimal numbers. I was disappointed cuz I'm a Nike guy and I realllllyyyyy wanted to walk out with the VFP

Yep.

I had same problem as you with the new vapor fly driver line. Both drivers even with the whiteboard 70x were super high spin numbers for me too. I was averaging 3000-3200. Hit the new G ls with the stock tour S shaft and instantly my numbers went down to the 1700-2200 range. Optimal most would say. Driver swing speed during fitting was 105-110. 105 is my controlled swing and 110 was me going after it. The vf drivers just didn't work for me.

I'd rule out AOA too. If you hit the vf line and had high spin numbers but then hit the M1 and G LS line just fine. I wouldn't think your AOA is off.

Same probably as me. Could be the shaft - could be my swing. Swing speed was 110 but was creating so much spin with original blueboard 60x w/ VFP. Spin was a ridiculous 3600. Switched to fujikara shaft 70x with 915D3 and spin was 2200. Distance went from 255 to 295 with one swing.

I was not pleased because I'm straight Nike and would prefer to look down at photo blue.

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5: Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR2 4-16.5: Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade Stealth+ 5-20: MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
Titleist T200 4: DG AMT X100
Titleist T100 5-PW: DG AMT X100
Titleist SM8 50, 54, 60: DG Tour Issue S400
Odyssey Ai Jailbird Mini DB 34" 

Grips Lamkin Full Cord; logo down 

Somewhat similar here.. I was sad to see the M1 flying a good 20 yards further. Still playing with my vapor flex and hoping to find the right fit, or a big m1 price drop...

Driver - Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5˚ AD-DI 6s
3W - Taylormade 2016 M1 15˚
3H -Nike Sasquatch Sumo 2
4-P - Nike Vapor Pro Modus 120 Stiff
Wedges - Nike Engage Square 52˚ 56˚ Dual Sole 60˚
Putter - Nike Method 001
Ball - Nike RZN Platinum
Bag - Nike Vapor Air Hybrid Carry

Twitter - @CoreyMilstein
Instagram - @CoreyMilstein

Sounds like the driver head not performing to me. Try the flex or go with something other than Nike.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

I found that the Fly/Fly Pro spun too much, and I'm a high speed/low spin player (body release vs. hand release). My buddy is a Nike rep and I spent an hour messing with heads and shafts between the two, ranging from high launch stiffs to low launch x's. Nothing worked.

I tossed a stock Diamana stiff in a Flex (set at 9* and neutral I believe), and just started hitting missiles. Just because you "fit" in a particular head/shaft doesn't mean it will work the best.

Try some odd combinations, you may be surprised with the result!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ w/ Hzardus Smoke
TM UDI 20* w/ RIP Tour 90
Callaway Apex Pro 19 4-PW
Mack Daddy 4 52/10 S Grind
Mack Daddy 58/10 PM Grind
Taylormade Spider X

AoA was averaging out to around -0.9 ish. It's not the best AoA but should be decent enough. It was frustrating because as soon as I hit an M1 or a G LS, spin rates dropped dramatically even with the same AoA.

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

AoA was averaging out to around -0.9 ish. It's not the best AoA but should be decent enough. It was frustrating because as soon as I hit an M1 or a G LS, spin rates dropped dramatically even with the same AoA.

I know I need to flatten out my AoA but I had the same issue with the VFP. I really wanted to bag it because I actually loved the way it looked but it was spinning around 4000. Being a lefty, I could never get my hands on a flex so I stuck with my LST that spins around 2000 with almost 20 yds carry difference. I've had the same issue with Titleist heads in the past, hoping Nike brings a low spinning head/adjustability to the line.

Customer: that spin is way too high. You need to cut it.

Nike person: your angle is all wrong. You need to cut it.

Customer: the m1 not too high. You need to cut it.

Just because it should work, doesn't mean it will work.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ w/ Hzardus Smoke
TM UDI 20* w/ RIP Tour 90
Callaway Apex Pro 19 4-PW
Mack Daddy 4 52/10 S Grind
Mack Daddy 58/10 PM Grind
Taylormade Spider X

Just got word that there will be no update of the Nike 360 app coming. This news sucks as the updated version looked promising but there were too many issues and kept crashing.

Damn.. Started using Hole19 for the additional stats, was really hoping Nike would have added that.

Driver - Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5˚ AD-DI 6s
3W - Taylormade 2016 M1 15˚
3H -Nike Sasquatch Sumo 2
4-P - Nike Vapor Pro Modus 120 Stiff
Wedges - Nike Engage Square 52˚ 56˚ Dual Sole 60˚
Putter - Nike Method 001
Ball - Nike RZN Platinum
Bag - Nike Vapor Air Hybrid Carry

Twitter - @CoreyMilstein
Instagram - @CoreyMilstein

can someone help me with the adjustment specs on the Vapor Fly 3w?

looks like there are two different set's of stamps and I'm not sure what adjusts what...I know it'll adjust the loft angle. what is the other stamping for? Does anyone know what the loft adjustments happen to be?

Both sets of adjustments are for loft, up or down 1 degree. One set is for a standard lie angle and the other is for an upright lie angle.

Just got word that there will be no update of the Nike 360 app coming. This news sucks as the updated version looked promising but there were too many issues and kept crashing.

That sucks...but the way you worded it makes me wonder if there is just a delay until they can fix bugs to stop the issues and crashing? Or did they scrap the app altogether?

That really sucks to hear. I like this app and use it everytime I play. Would have liked to see updates on it and use with Apple Watch.

I too was hoping to have apple watch support with this app. the app was easier to use, but lacked features that I was looking for.

Damn.. Started using Hole19 for the additional stats, was really hoping Nike would have added that.

that's what I'm using currently mainly for the gps and watch support.

looks like there are two different set's of stamps and I'm not sure what adjusts what...I know it'll adjust the loft angle. what is the other stamping for? Does anyone know what the loft adjustments happen to be?

Both sets of adjustments are for loft, up or down 1 degree. One set is for a standard lie angle and the other is for an upright lie angle.

will it go flat 1 degree also? I'm not in a place to look at it currently. thanks for your help!

No Nike360 update.. BOOOO.. Is it just in the short term or ever?

No more NG360. It'll be Nike Golf club app. Was supposed to come out but postponed.

I think comes out later on in the fall.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

I had my worst driving round of the summer on Saturday and (with some ongoing back issues) had not picked up a club until today. I decided to take my old Vapor Pro (not VFP) and put the stock Tensei in it. My goodness, this thing was putting me in places I hadn't been with the Vapor Fly Blackout. The launch was slightly lower (and I had the VP maxed out on loft whereas the Vapor Fly is at 11.5°) BUT it was getting out there. Now, I'm debating the whole Vapor Fly LE Blackout and whether it was worth it LOL!! BTW, the feel of the Vapor Pro is (in my opinion) so much better than the Vapor Fly. That being said, I LOVE my Vapor Fly Pro irons. I guess I'll let my OCD come out next year with some acetone and orange paint to make everything match up with the rumored color change :)

PXG Black Ops 10.5* w/Fujikura Motore F3
PING G425 Max 3 wood w/ALTA CB 65 Slate

Taylormade Stealth 15* w/Hzrdus RDX 75

SRIXON 3 (22°) Utility Iron w/Recoil Dart F3   
PXG 0317T (5-W) w/Recoil Dart F4

PXG Sugar Daddy II 56* w/Recoil Dart F4

VOKEY SM9 50° & 60° w/Tensei AV
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 w/Accra Shaft (Black on Black)
PRO V1x

will it go flat 1 degree also? I'm not in a place to look at it currently. thanks for your help!

No it won't, the other setting is 2 degrees upright.

This has probably been covered 10000 times in here but can you not swap wood heads from vapor fly to original vapor wood shafts?

Vapor speed woods are glued. Vapor fly has a new adapter.

Can't miss and match shafts to head.

This has probably been covered 10000 times in here but can you not swap wood heads from vapor fly to original vapor wood shafts?

You can swap with drivers but not the fairway woods.

Yes on hybrids too? I didn't check, but I'm sure ok on hybrids as well.

Looking for a 2016 staff bag, anybody know of where to get one for a better price than NDC?

[color=#696969]TaylorMade M2 8.5* w/ Matrix Black Tie M4 60TX[/color]
[color=#696969]Titleist 917 F2 w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo 757 TS TX[/color]
[color=#696969]Titleist 915 Hd 2 Hybrid[/color]
[color=#696969]Titleist 714 CB 3-PW DG X100[/color]
[color=#696969]Titleist Vokey SM6 50,56[/color]
[color=#696969]Scotty Cameron Newport 2[/color]
[color=#696969]Taylormade TP5X[/color]