Nike 2016

Mattpgolf15

[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1438977643' post='12097328']They made a big push with the rzn's with the Rory headcover package, which didn't really go over well, we ended up discounting them twice then breaking down the packages and selling the balls separate.
Hope to god they #releasethedot[/quote]

And they should call it the dot. With a dot on it

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1438978384' post='12097408'][quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1438977997' post='12097362'][quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1438977643' post='12097328']They made a big push with the rzn's with the Rory headcover package, which didn't really go over well, we ended up discounting them twice then breaking down the packages and selling the balls separate.

I bought four of those packages. Went well for me.

Haha.[/quote]
Oh me too, I must have bought 8 of them total. They kept going down, and when we got the volt balls in that's when I bought the most of them.[/quote]

I bought them in like a 2 day span. $91 each.

Now I have balls to hopefully last me the whole year. Haha.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1438979805' post='12097532'][quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1438978384' post='12097408'][quote name='Lesmond' timestamp='1438977997' post='12097362'][quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1438977643' post='12097328']They made a big push with the rzn's with the Rory headcover package, which didn't really go over well, we ended up discounting them twice then breaking down the packages and selling the balls separate.

I bought four of those packages. Went well for me.

Haha.[/quote]
Oh me too, I must have bought 8 of them total. They kept going down, and when we got the volt balls in that's when I bought the most of them.[/quote]

I bought them in like a 2 day span. $91 each.

Now I have balls to hopefully last me the whole year. Haha.[/quote]
I bought two at a time, they kept going down, finally at 68 each plus my discount I had to buy a bunch! Sold the headcover a on eBay!

Taylormade Sim 2 Graphite design AD GP 6
Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7
Titleist 716 CB 3-9 Dynamic gold Tour issue S400
Titleist SM7 Vokey 46.50.54.60 DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron T22 fastback Murdered out

IG _Flagrant

Interested to see the new offerings for 2016

What in the Bag
Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero Driver HZRDUS X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3w HZRDUS X
Callaway Rogue 5w HZRDUS X
Callaway X Forged 4-7 KBS Tour C-Taper X shafts
Callaway Apex MB 8-PW KBS Tour C-Taper X shafts
Engage 52, 56 and 60 Wedge KBS Tour C Taper X
Nike Method 001

Take it with a grain of salt, but I heard from a buddy who plays on tour, that the next line will be blue with volt accents. The guys from Nike are all pretty tight lipped and I don't really ask them for inside info. My hopes would be for a Flex version of the Pro with Flex ball speeds and spin, but Pro forgiveness. I think the Vapor line was a huge success for Nike and made steps towards a perception of legitimately good clubs.

I would like to see a line that is more classic with Nike flair in addition to some of the flashier models they have. I have seen a few Nike clubs in play at competitive AM events, but still not [i]that [/i]many. I have been full Nike for a while up until recently where I went back to Titleist for a little experiment. The 915 D4 has beat out my Flex for sure. If I were to put a Nike driver back in now for tournament play, it would probably be the Pro just for the forgiveness. The irons and wedges have been great. I would like to see a more nimble version of the Pro Combo's.. maybe something between the AP2 and CB, for some reason I really didn't like this year's VPC's and the soles.

Keep in mind, Nike is #1 in golf apparel, and with each club line gradually picking up steam, and Rory and Tiger, I don't see them going anywhere but up.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1438373082' post='12055858']
[quote name='GGMUFrost' timestamp='1438356125' post='12054054'][quote name='Kylekoz17' timestamp='1438355581' post='12053958']
[quote name='Mattpgolf15' timestamp='1438311329' post='12051594']
Anyone switched from vokeys to engage? If so, what are the pros and cons of both when being compared?
[/quote]

Better look at address to me, the toe sweep is my ultimate bunker club. Just nothing bad to say about them.
[/quote]

I second this, more bite than my sm5's and better performance for me around the greens. I did love the k grind vokey out the sand though. May have performed a touch better than the toe sweep but not much.[/quote]
I'm on the edge of replacing all my vokeys with the nike engage's, anyone else have anything to add? I need info, stats, please add! Help me spend lol
Plus,negatives of different grinds?
[/quote]

Alright here's my two cents on my Engage TS (60). I'm often hesitant to get caught up in product reviews on this site only because you never really know the skill level of the person doing the review. Tai's review put my mind at ease as he's a better player and really liked the TS. I loved it the look of it at set up so I took a shot and picked one up. The grind did take a bit of getting used to for full flops and tight lights, but it was a winner out of the bunkers from day 1. Now that I've had it in play for a couple of months I wouldn't do anything differently. I liked my SM4's before, but nothing about them really stood out to me. The Engage series looks better at address than the Vokeys (to me anyway) and has a better looking leading edge. I still have plenty of life left in my VR Pro 52 and 56, but might look at putting the Egage DS in for next year.

To sum up, the TS is quite versatile but took a little getting used to because it's such a different grind than what I was used to. Although I'm more used to it now, it's still not my favorite wedge to hit full shots with. That's the only thing that I think I would prefer with a 60 DS.

Hope that helps...

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

[quote name='mmack067' timestamp='1439213692' post='12109416']
[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1438373082' post='12055858']
[quote name='GGMUFrost' timestamp='1438356125' post='12054054'][quote name='Kylekoz17' timestamp='1438355581' post='12053958']
[quote name='Mattpgolf15' timestamp='1438311329' post='12051594']
Anyone switched from vokeys to engage? If so, what are the pros and cons of both when being compared?
[/quote]

Better look at address to me, the toe sweep is my ultimate bunker club. Just nothing bad to say about them.
[/quote]

I second this, more bite than my sm5's and better performance for me around the greens. I did love the k grind vokey out the sand though. May have performed a touch better than the toe sweep but not much.[/quote]
I'm on the edge of replacing all my vokeys with the nike engage's, anyone else have anything to add? I need info, stats, please add! Help me spend lol
Plus,negatives of different grinds?
[/quote]

Alright here's my two cents on my Engage TS (60). I'm often hesitant to get caught up in product reviews on this site only because you never really know the skill level of the person doing the review. Tai's review put my mind at ease as he's a better player and really liked the TS. I loved it the look of it at set up so I took a shot and picked one up. The grind did take a bit of getting used to for full flops and tight lights, but it was a winner out of the bunkers from day 1. Now that I've had it in play for a couple of months I wouldn't do anything differently. I liked my SM4's before, but nothing about them really stood out to me. The Engage series looks better at address than the Vokeys (to me anyway) and has a better looking leading edge. I still have plenty of life left in my VR Pro 52 and 56, but might look at putting the Egage DS in for next year.

To sum up, the TS is quite versatile but took a little getting used to because it's such a different grind than what I was used to. Although I'm more used to it now, it's still not my favorite wedge to hit full shots with. That's the only thing that I think I would prefer with a 60 DS.

Hope that helps...
[/quote]

Could not have said it better....

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1439173393' post='12107852']
Take it with a grain of salt, but I heard from a buddy who plays on tour, that the next line will be blue with volt accents. The guys from Nike are all pretty tight lipped and I don't really ask them for inside info. My hopes would be for a Flex version of the Pro with Flex ball speeds and spin, but Pro forgiveness. I think the Vapor line was a huge success for Nike and made steps towards a perception of legitimately good clubs.

I would like to see a line that is more classic with Nike flair in addition to some of the flashier models they have. I have seen a few Nike clubs in play at competitive AM events, but still not [i]that [/i]many. I have been full Nike for a while up until recently where I went back to Titleist for a little experiment. The 915 D4 has beat out my Flex for sure. If I were to put a Nike driver back in now for tournament play, it would probably be the Pro just for the forgiveness. The irons and wedges have been great. I would like to see a more nimble version of the Pro Combo's.. maybe something between the AP2 and CB, for some reason I really didn't like this year's VPC's and the soles.

Keep in mind, Nike is #1 in golf apparel, and with each club line gradually picking up steam, and Rory and Tiger, I don't see them going anywhere but up.
[/quote]

Again, I totally agree with you. I have to say, I don't miss with the Flex that often, but when I do I lose way more distance than I would like to. I actually am thinking of switching to the 915 D2 as the spin numbers were not bad with that club for me. I think the Nike clubs are very improved from years past and this should make it very interesting to see where they go from here.

Taylormade M1 460 - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 fairway - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 hybrids 4&5 - Aldila Rouge 110
Taylormade PSi Tour irons - KBS Tour
Taylormade EF Wedges ATV Grind - KBS Wedge
Nike Method Mod 60

[quote name='prhiam' timestamp='1439314368' post='12117646']
[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1439173393' post='12107852']

[/quote]

Again, I totally agree with you. I have to say, I don't miss with the Flex that often, but when I do I lose way more distance than I would like to. I actually am thinking of switching to the 915 D2 as the spin numbers were not bad with that club for me. I think the Nike clubs are very improved from years past and this should make it very interesting to see where they go from here.
[/quote]

If you can get Flex type numbers in the D2, go for it. The D2 is way more forgiving. The Pro would be great, but for me it spins a lot and ball speeds aren't close to the Flex. It's really bad in the wind too (for me). The Flex is amazing when my swing is, when it's not, I like the extra forgiveness in the Pro or D3/D4 head. Titleist's 716 line looks REALLY good, interested to see what Nike does. Despite all of the "rumors", I see them having a bright future in golf.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

New Nike staff bag is a huge disappointment IMHO. Its literally alllll black. Ugly to me. The LC4's look really nice. They remind me of the Mercurial Soccer cleats how the swoosh is on the toe!

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]Callaway Rogue Sub-Zero 9°[/b] Graphite Design Tour AD-GP 6s[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]Callaway Rogue 3W-15°[/b] Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7s[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]Callaway Rogue 3H-19°[/b] Graphite Design Tour AD-HY 85s[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 4 & 5 [/b]KBS C-Taper Lite S[/font]
[left][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][background=transparent][b]Mizuno MP18 MMC 6-PW [/b]KBS C-Taper Lite S[/background][/font][/left]
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]Vokey Wedgeworks Custom SM7 RAW 50[/b][/font][background=transparent]° [/background][b]54° 58° [/b][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Project X[/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]Scotty Cameron Custom [/b]009 Masterful [/font]
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b]Taylormade TP5X[/b][/font]

[quote name='sallyboy7153' timestamp='1439321309' post='12118290']
New Nike staff bag is a huge disappointment IMHO. Its literally alllll black. Ugly to me. The LC4's look really nice. They remind me of the Mercurial Soccer cleats how the swoosh is on the toe!
[/quote]

That actually sounds cool. I wish they had a 100% leather offering with all the Nike tech built in with a lower more stable foot platform, that would be sick and I'd love to wear those in place of my FJ Icon's. I love Nike stuff, but I'm more on the traditional/sport end as opposed to the flashy sport side they have out now. I don't want the flashy/sporty stuff to be replaced by my wishes above, I would just like a more traditional/tech offering in addition. Selfish reasons :)

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='sallyboy7153' timestamp='1439321309' post='12118290']
[/quote]

Are there pics of these online yet? Or have you just seen them?

Too soon to tell. I believe Nike is buying Taylor Made from Adidas and they are going to dump their club line. Rumor has it that Adidas will then buy Nike Golf to maintain a presents in equipment to help drive apparel.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1439329284' post='12119176']Too soon to tell. I believe Nike is buying Taylor Made from Adidas and they are going to dump their club line. Rumor has it that Adidas will then buy Nike Golf to maintain a presents in equipment to help drive apparel.[/quote]
There's an entire thread devoted to rumors, please leave it there. Can't stand the hear say garbage.

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

^^^ If you read that, I am pretty sure it is ridiculous from a business standpoint haha....

As for Nike 2016, I do hope they move away from the Volt color. I understand that they want to grab attention on the course, but highlighter yellow was not the right color. I still like the red from the Covert line, personally.

[quote name='ucmike11' timestamp='1439342021' post='12120402']^^^ If you read that, I am pretty sure it is ridiculous from a business standpoint haha....

As for Nike 2016, I do hope they move away from the Volt color. I understand that they want to grab attention on the course, but highlighter yellow was not the right color. I still like the red from the Covert line, personally.[/quote]

Oh I know, I read the thread, it was a lot of laughs.

I have to say I like both the red and volt colors

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='sallyboy7153' timestamp='1439321309' post='12118290']New Nike staff bag is a huge disappointment IMHO. Its literally alllll black. Ugly to me. The LC4's look really nice. They remind me of the Mercurial Soccer cleats how the swoosh is on the toe![/quote]

The Nike staff bag is exactly the same just all black, looks perfect! Sure nice without the loud branding!

Not a fan of the lc4's, because they look like soccer cleats, the Rory id's on the other hand are sick! I think those might have to get purchased!

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

Volt is gone from what I am told and at least from the catalogs. Rumor is something with blue. Not sure if that is head or graphics.

What in the Bag
Nike Method 001

[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1439346971' post='12120948']I've seen the apparel catalogs, everything but equipment, I haven't seen any blue or volt.[/quote]

Footwear? Bags? Tons of blue

What in the Bag
Nike Method 001

Will they come out with new clubs next year? Or is it more 2017-2018?since they just released them. I'm volted out now, let me save my money for a few years before I go buy more :)

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=3]TM M6 9 deg.w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX[/size]
[size=3]TM SIM Ti 15deg w/ Tensei Pro White 80TX[/size]
[size=3]​TM P790 3i w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX[/size]
[size=3]TM P790 4i w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]Srixon 765 5-PW w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Milled Grind 50deg, 54deg, and 58deg High Toe w/ Nippon 125X[/size]
[size=3]TM Spider X Copper[/size][/font]

[quote name='edryer3' timestamp='1439348862' post='12121172']
Will they come out with new clubs next year? Or is it more 2017-2018?since they just released them. I'm volted out now, let me save my money for a few years before I go buy more :)
[/quote]

Same boat as you, need to work some overtime to feed my golf addiction. Lol

[quote name='NGstaff' timestamp='1439348499' post='12121134'][quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1439346971' post='12120948']I've seen the apparel catalogs, everything but equipment, I haven't seen any blue or volt.[/quote]

Footwear? Bags? Tons of blue[/quote]

My mistake, The apparel has a lot of photo blue which is good for me cause I like that color.

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='hilife' timestamp='1439349431' post='12121224'][quote name='edryer3' timestamp='1439348862' post='12121172']
[/quote]

Same boat as you, need to work some overtime to feed my golf addiction. Lol[/quote]

They had the mm protos perfect! Color and graphics wise, I'd live the vapors if they just had a softer feeling face!

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant