2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

King Cobra LTD

AzPGAPro

Fwiw, the guy I talked to today at Cobra told me the only difference between the regular and pro version is the adapter, and thus the available lofts. I had heard it both ways before that.

Handicap .5

Current Bag:
Big Dogs: G410 for Fades, G425 for draws

FW: Ole Blue but stays on the porch most rounds

Hybrids: G425, Cobra  King Tec
Irons: Srixon ZX5/7
Wedges: PM Grind 54/58

Moneymaker: Ping Heppler Tyne 3

Rock: Srixon Z-Star Divide

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TravAz' timestamp='1444788090' post='12453226']
Fwiw, the guy I talked to today at Cobra told me the only difference between the regular and pro version is the adapter, and thus the available lofts. I had heard it both ways before that.
[/quote]

I believe the Pro head is not only lower lofted (2*) it should have a slightly flatter lie angle as well which is where the Fade settings come into play. This should be very similar to the BCP.

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

Thinking the HZRDUS available as a no upcharge option will be a made-for, like the non-handcrafted LZ that was in the callaway drivers. If not, that will be a steal for a great shaft...true temper already said in the HZRDUS thread that there wouldn't be a retail version and the only version sold would be the handcrafted at an MSRP of 350

[/quote]

Really does not make sense seeing as though the pro is not available in Left Hand. If it was only the adapter, it would be.

[quote name='deeeep' timestamp='1444837097' post='12455158']
[/quote]

Really does not make sense seeing as though the pro is not available in Left Hand. If it was only the adapter, it would be.
[/quote]

Not sure I follow your logic. From what I can tell, they are making two essentially identical heads, save for loft and lie, in RH and one head in LH (the higher lofted "regular" head). They probably just figured that the demand in LH is not enough to warrant making an entire line of lower lofted heads as it is an expensive endeavor that probably wouldn't be worth it for them.

Callaway Epic Speed TD LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
Callaway Epic Flash 15* and 21* ACCRA CS1 70 M5
Adams Super 9031 23* Nunchuk Xi
Newl Level 902 Forged 5-P Nippon Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX4 50 and New Level M-Type 54, 58 Nippon Modus 125
Byron Morgan 612
Shapland stand bag or PING Moonlite
Snell MTB X

[quote name='rtraudt' timestamp='1444837598' post='12455194']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not sure I follow your logic. From what I can tell, they are making two essentially identical heads, save for loft and lie, in RH and one head in LH (the higher lofted "regular" head). They probably just figured that the demand in LH is not enough to warrant making an entire line of lower lofted heads as it is an expensive endeavor that probably wouldn't be worth it for them.
[/quote]

He said the only difference is the adapter. So you are saying that they did not come out with a LH Pro model because they didn't want to put Pro adapters in a Left handed Head? Why would they give up on sales, even minimal, if it is just an adapter change. Does that mean I can just buy a pro adapter and put it in the regular head and now I have a LH Pro version?

[quote name='deeeep' timestamp='1444840959' post='12455492']
[quote name='rtraudt' timestamp='1444837598' post='12455194']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He said the only difference is the adapter. So you are saying that they did not come out with a LH Pro model because they didn't want to put Pro adapters in a Left handed Head? Why would they give up on sales, even minimal, if it is just an adapter change. Does that mean I can just buy a pro adapter and put it in the regular head and now I have a LH Pro version?
[/quote]

I think the issue here is semantics. Yes, the adapter is the only true visual "difference" between Pro and regular (that, and the fact that the Pro says "Pro" on it), but the lofts achieved by the Pro are only made possible with a lower-lofted head. This is clearly evidenced by the different CG location in the Pro and regular models on "that spy site" (the Pro is lower, because of how CG is measured relative to the face angle). It would basically be akin to Taylormade having made two separate R1 heads. Those heads didn't have a loft listed on them because they were all supposed to be around the same (10*) and instead of using an adapter that said "standard," "+1," etc. they basically used the actual loft on the adapter. If TM had made a lower lofted R1 head, the adapter would be the only visual difference (because it would have loft ranges lower than the regular head) but the actual head would have to be a lower manufactured loft as well to allow for that range of lofts.

Therefore, given the ranges of the Pro and regular heads, think of the Pro as a 8.5* head with adjustability +/- 1.5* and a flatter lie angle and the regular head as a 10.5* head with adjustability +/- 1.5* with more upright lie angles.

Because of the additional manufacturing costs to make that additional head, Cobra must have decided it wasn't worth it financially (or worth it to explain to the average customer, who would be utterly confused by all this info).

Callaway Epic Speed TD LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
Callaway Epic Flash 15* and 21* ACCRA CS1 70 M5
Adams Super 9031 23* Nunchuk Xi
Newl Level 902 Forged 5-P Nippon Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX4 50 and New Level M-Type 54, 58 Nippon Modus 125
Byron Morgan 612
Shapland stand bag or PING Moonlite
Snell MTB X

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Beastmode Broker' timestamp='1440791100' post='12225790']
[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1440781987' post='12224908']
That's quite the toe hit on these "easy to hit irons." ;)
[/quote]

hahahahhah!
first thing I noticed too!!!
[/quote]

I believe that is merely grass from taking a deep divot. Shrapnel often gets caught in the grooves out on the toe when you hit the ball on the center of the face and take a lot of turf. Probably has deep and thin grooves that get packed with mud and grass. Still though, this is advertising. He should have at least taken a wire brush and cleaned the toe of the club off. I will not be buying these as a result of the company "possibly" using a total hack to demo and review their latest and greatest golf clubs. To be fair I would not have bought these things anyways. I do not buy irons that are not chromed. Further I do not buy cobras or any club for that matter until they are more than two years old and as a result both new and used irons have been depreciated in value more than 60 % in all retail stores and even more on ebay and other online stores. Well actually I do not buy Cobras. Somewhere along the line cobras lost their appeal. I think it was when they hired that Orange outfit wearing clown to be their main tour player.

[quote name='Cale' timestamp='1446435175' post='12538972']
[quote name='Beastmode Broker' timestamp='1440791100' post='12225790']
[quote name='MadGolfer76' timestamp='1440781987' post='12224908']
That's quite the toe hit on these "easy to hit irons." ;)
[/quote]

hahahahhah!
first thing I noticed too!!!
[/quote]

I believe that is merely grass from taking a deep divot. Shrapnel often gets caught in the grooves out on the toe when you hit the ball on the center of the face and take a lot of turf. Probably has deep and thin grooves that get packed with mud and grass. Still though, this is advertising. He should have at least taken a wire brush and cleaned the toe of the club off. I will not be buying these as a result of the company "possibly" using a total hack to demo and review their latest and greatest golf clubs. To be fair I would not have bought these things anyways. I do not buy irons that are not chromed. Further I do not buy cobras or any club for that matter until they are more than two years old and as a result both new and used irons have been depreciated in value more than 60 % in all retail stores and even more on ebay and other online stores. Well actually I do not buy Cobras. Somewhere along the line cobras lost their appeal. I think it was when they hired that Orange outfit wearing clown to be their main tour player.
[/quote]

Can I buy some pot from you?

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1441115900' post='12244700']
For any people that stand the wrong side of the ball, I've just been told today that both sets of Irons including the Forged TEC will be available in LH!
[/quote]

Jay-

How many sides does a round object have?

Stick out your right arm the next time you're on the tee.....

It isn't how...... it's [b]how many.[/b]

Is the Cobra MB not offered as a full set? I can't seem to find them on Cobra's website

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

[quote name='rex235' timestamp='1446525355' post='12544254']
[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1441115900' post='12244700']
For any people that stand the wrong side of the ball, I've just been told today that both sets of Irons including the Forged TEC will be available in LH!
[/quote]

Jay-

How many sides does a round object have?

Stick out your right arm the next time you're on the tee.....

It isn't how...... it's [b]how many.[/b]
[/quote]

I can see that it was 4.35am at the time of your post. Maybe explains a lot. :taunt:

i hit the regular version today with the stock Aldila shaft. It was carrying a bit longer to be honest than my normal carry of 260... up around 267. launch angle was around 12-13 degrees and spin was in the 2200 range. I liked the feel a lot and the numbers were there for sure, however i just picked up an R15 with a TS speeder shaft and the numbers were very comparable besides the bit of extra ball speed that created a touch more carry... The R15 makes up for it with extra roll out so the total distance is about the same.

Driver...TBD

3 wood... TBD

Ping G430 #3 hybrid with RDX red 80 

Srixon ZX MK 11 #3 Utility iron 

Wilson Staff CB 4-PW with DG mid 115 

Wedges... TBD

Scotty Cameron Champions choice Newport 2+ @ 34 inches

Pro V1 

Hit the LTD driver yesterday with the X-flex. I don't know if it may be little much for my swing speed but the results were great. The shaft just flat out works for me with the softer tip than the silver. I want to compare the stiff to the x-stiff before I make the decision. I swing low 100s but have a very hard transition with the driver (more of a hitter). I worry the stiff may be too high torque but won't know until I hit it. I want to try the fairway woods but haven't seen them in person yet and haven't really found any reviews on here. I prefer a low 80s gram rogue black over the 70s weight. TBD..

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 50.08F & 56M DG S200

Callaway Jaws Raw Face Chrome 60Z DG Spinner 115 Steel

Odyssey Dual Force OR  Odyssey Jailbird LE 380 Microhinge Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

• 2 weeks later...

Got out and hit the King LTD today, all I can say is WOW! I hit about 25 balls with it and 25 with my 915D3,. The feel of the LTD is amazing, powerful, yet soft if that makes sense, no tingy aluminum sound. I hit a few off center and they still flew fairly true. When hit flush it was a good 10 yards past where my D3 was landing. I love the way it looks, all black with the little Cobra logo, stealthy. The Rogue shaft really loads nicely, nice crisp feel to it. I probably won't play until spring, and I cannot wait to get this on the course. Cobra has a definite hit here.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

Looks like the Hzrdus is back ordered until 12/15, is that right?

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

Anyone compare an LTD to BC+ or FlyZ+?

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

[quote name='KPH808' timestamp='1447618000' post='12602360']
[/quote]

I ordered a Pro yesterday with Hzrdus and my estimated ship date is 12/2, so not sure which is correct. I may contact cobra tomorrow and see if the late December date is still accurate.

[quote name='t4t3r' timestamp='1447629250' post='12602872']
[quote name='KPH808' timestamp='1447618000' post='12602360']
[/quote]

I ordered a Pro yesterday with Hzrdus and my estimated ship date is 12/2, so not sure which is correct. I may contact cobra tomorrow and see if the late December date is still accurate.
[/quote]cobragolf.com is still saying backordered til 12/15

[quote name='Fade to Black' timestamp='1447619836' post='12602408']
[/quote]

I don't have any numbers, nor am I dialed in yet, but I would say it isn't even in the same discussion. Feels and sounds a LOT different than both. Notable difference to me was the weight...

I took the LTD driver out for a maiden voyage yesterday. Best sounding and feeling driver I've ever hit. I will say that the Bassara GG shaft in it may have to go because this thing feels just a bit too light for me so I don't really feel the club throughout the swing very well. Ultimately, I believe this driver will continue to see quite a bit of time in my bag. Looking forward to getting on the monitor with some other shafts to get dialed in.

WITB 2/3/16:
Driver - Golf club
3 & 5 Wood - Clubs
Irons - More Golf clubs
Wedges - Knives
Putter - wrench

I was the 1st one to hit the LTD at my local PGA SS :) Felt pretty good.
[quote name='Fade to Black' timestamp='1447619836' post='12602408']
[/quote]
I compared the LTD Pro to the Fly Z+. BUT I will say, [b]I did not hit enough balls with each to really get a good side by side comparison[/b]. But, I will do my best from what I did experience.

Feel: The Fly Z+ felt better for me throughout the swing. I'm not sure if it was due to the shaft or the head itself, but I felt it was more fluid. Both clubs get the ball moving off the face and have a similar feel off the face. However, I felt like there was slightly more feedback with the LTD. I like the more buttery feel. Again, this is me.

Distance: Very similar. Can't say there was much difference between the 2. On the launch monitors I was averaging ~280 carry and 295 with each. I believe I only hit 1 over 300 and that was with the LTD Pro, though.

Spin: I was getting higher than normal spin numbers with each club. With the Fly Z+ I was getting around 2800 and with the LTD Pro I was getting slightly lower around 2600 or so if I'm not mistaken. It seems to be a slightly lower spinning club than my Fly Z+.

I honestly don't remember which club launched higher. Is the shaft longer on the LTD Pro than the Fly Z+? It felt slightly longer & a bit heavier (could just be the length). Again, both great clubs. The LTD Pro is a great looking club with a Halloween-ish theme (should've released it ON Halloween :)), and the numbers were great. If you have a Fly Z+ already, I wouldn't say it's worth the upgrade unless you find you hit it much better. I didn't. Still a great club. Cobra is making some fantastic drivers. Hope this 'review' helps someone.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Just took the plunge and ordered the Pro driver with Chrome shaft, and 3W with stock Rogue Black from DD's. Never played a cobra wood in my life but going to give these a fair shot.

ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 

[quote name='MBBG' timestamp='1447906012' post='12618148']
Just took the plunge and ordered the Pro driver with Chrome shaft, and 3W with stock Rogue Black from DD's. Never played a cobra wood in my life but going to give these a fair shot.
[/quote]

I played S9 Pro fairwa wood and it was a monster

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

[quote name='sea-golfer' timestamp='1444840630' post='12455454']
Has anyone hit this yet ?
[/quote]

I did yesterday.

IMHO it was very dissapointing.
It felt too light and the spin numbers weren't impressive.

The FlyZ+ felt much more solid with better spin number.

Also I hate the stock grip they put on.

In the Bag:

Driver- M2 9.5° Aldila Rogue Black 60S
Mini Driver- X2hot Pro 12.5° Aldila Tour Green 70S
3 Wood- 915 F 15° Diamana S+ 70S
Hybrid- XR 19°
Irons- Nike Covert Forged 2.0 4-PW
Wedges- Cleveland CG12 50°, 58°
Putter- Oddy#7 White Hot 34"

[quote name='Ping_Ho' timestamp='1447948277' post='12619516']
[/quote]

I did yesterday.

[/quote]

Let's address this...

Spin numbers...ok, fair enough. May be a shaft issue, or just doesn't mix with you. I'm willing to accept this viewpoint for sure.

Feeling light: I agree, it does feel too light, so last night at Club Champion, one of the builders weighed the King LTD head and the Fly-Z+ head on the same scale. The King LTD came out five grams HEAVIER. I do think it "feels" lighter though. I'm sure related to the overall balance from the CG differences.

Stock grip is really a complaint? Such an easy change!

WITB 2/3/16:
Driver - Golf club
3 & 5 Wood - Clubs
Irons - More Golf clubs
Wedges - Knives
Putter - wrench

[quote name='wrbush31' timestamp='1447956170' post='12620148']
[quote name='Ping_Ho' timestamp='1447948277' post='12619516']
[/quote]

I did yesterday.

[/quote]

Let's address this...

Spin numbers...ok, fair enough. May be a shaft issue, or just doesn't mix with you. I'm willing to accept this viewpoint for sure.

Feeling light: I agree, it does feel too light, so last night at Club Champion, one of the builders weighed the King LTD head and the Fly-Z+ head on the same scale. The King LTD came out five grams HEAVIER. I do think it "feels" lighter though. I'm sure related to the overall balance from the CG differences.

Stock grip is really a complaint? Such an easy change!
[/quote]

I was really dissapointed because of the high expectation.

FlyZ+ came very close to being my main gamer and had hoped that King Driver will take that another step.
To me Flyz+ just feels better and performs better.

In the Bag:

Driver- M2 9.5° Aldila Rogue Black 60S
Mini Driver- X2hot Pro 12.5° Aldila Tour Green 70S
3 Wood- 915 F 15° Diamana S+ 70S
Hybrid- XR 19°
Irons- Nike Covert Forged 2.0 4-PW
Wedges- Cleveland CG12 50°, 58°
Putter- Oddy#7 White Hot 34"