[quote name='Ping_Ho' timestamp='1447970850' post='12621184']
[quote name='wrbush31' timestamp='1447956170' post='12620148']
[quote name='Ping_Ho' timestamp='1447948277' post='12619516']
[quote name='sea-golfer' timestamp='1444840630' post='12455454']
Has anyone hit this yet ?
[/quote]

I did yesterday.

IMHO it was very dissapointing.
It felt too light and the spin numbers weren't impressive.

The FlyZ+ felt much more solid with better spin number.

Also I hate the stock grip they put on.
[/quote]

Let's address this...

Spin numbers...ok, fair enough. May be a shaft issue, or just doesn't mix with you. I'm willing to accept this viewpoint for sure.

Feeling light: I agree, it does feel too light, so last night at Club Champion, one of the builders weighed the King LTD head and the Fly-Z+ head on the same scale. The King LTD came out five grams HEAVIER. I do think it "feels" lighter though. I'm sure related to the overall balance from the CG differences.

Stock grip is really a complaint? Such an easy change!
[/quote]

I was really dissapointed because of the high expectation.

FlyZ+ came very close to being my main gamer and had hoped that King Driver will take that another step.
To me Flyz+ just feels better and performs better.
[/quote]

Hopefully the F6+ will take that step for you. Supposed to be like the Fly-Z+ but WAY better.

WITB 2/3/16:
Driver - Golf club
3 & 5 Wood - Clubs
Irons - More Golf clubs
Wedges - Knives
Putter - wrench

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wrbush31' timestamp='1447971238' post='12621200']
[quote name='Ping_Ho' timestamp='1447970850' post='12621184']
[quote name='wrbush31' timestamp='1447956170' post='12620148']
[quote name='Ping_Ho' timestamp='1447948277' post='12619516']
[quote name='sea-golfer' timestamp='1444840630' post='12455454']
[/quote]

I did yesterday.

[/quote]

Let's address this...

Spin numbers...ok, fair enough. May be a shaft issue, or just doesn't mix with you. I'm willing to accept this viewpoint for sure.

Feeling light: I agree, it does feel too light, so last night at Club Champion, one of the builders weighed the King LTD head and the Fly-Z+ head on the same scale. The King LTD came out five grams HEAVIER. I do think it "feels" lighter though. I'm sure related to the overall balance from the CG differences.

[/quote]

FlyZ+ came very close to being my main gamer and had hoped that King Driver will take that another step.
[/quote]

Hopefully the F6+ will take that step for you. Supposed to be like the Fly-Z+ but WAY better.
[/quote]

I agree with Ping_Ho, Spin Numbers just weren't there ... I'm playing the Fly Z+ with a Tour Blue ... I had a Tour Green in there and it was just too low spinning. Super high expectations in the King LTD and the Spin numbers with both the Tour Green and Tour Blue were about 1000 RPMs higher than my gamer.... 3200 v. 2200 in the Fly Z+. I'm excited about the F6+ though. The more I read though the purpose of the King LTD wasn't supposed to replace the Fly Z+ .. they're different animals.

Dr: Ping G410 LST (9.0) - Aldila Tour Green ATX65-3.9s

3W: Callaway Epic Sub Zero (14.0) - Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ 6s

5W: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero JDM (17.0) - Graphite Design Tour AD-SZ 8s

4i: Titleist T200 - Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95s

5i-PW: Titleist T100s - Tour AMT White S300

GW: Vokey SM9 (48) - Tour AMT White S400

SW: Vokey SM9 (53) - Tour AMT White S400

LW: Vokey SM9 (58) - Tour AMT White S400

P: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally picked up a LTD Pro and decided to hit it off the deck a few times. Surprisingly, the PVD finish on the sole came off rather quickly after a few shots. The face had no wear, only the sole near the SmartPad. I have hit a D3 and D4 off of similar conditions and the PVD finish on the sole of the Titleist drivers were none the worse for wear. Even my 915Fd PVD finish has held up better against excessive sole wear.

Has anyone else experienced this type of wear with the LTD driver or fairway woods? I don't think it's a defect and ultimately I really don't care; the driver performs fine. Just curious I suppose. It's not going to stop me from trying the fairway LTD.

Haven't hit mine off the deck and don't intend to, but that's not good

ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 

• 5 weeks later...

How do you people compare this head to say a titleist 915. D3. 8.5* In terms of launch and spin. I have gamed the 915 d3 with 125 msi rogue. Curious about the Ltd or Ltd pro with a hzrdus shaft. Thanks.

Rogue ST ls 9 Ventus Blue tr stiff
Callaway Mavrik 15 Oban Kiyoshi White 65 Stiff
In search of Hybrid
Callaway apex 21 apex pro combo set 4-aw  $ taper stiff
Vokey SM8 52, 56, 60Tour V stiff
King Agera

Took it on Trackman vs some other clubs. A LTD Pro, that is.

Hit dozens of shots with LTD Pro, vs some other drivers, M1, D3, Aeroburner, etc.

The trajectory of the LTD Pro was mid to lower, super penetrating ball flight, and I can see how that could be good if your playing on hardpan desert courses or something. But if its wet, I think its terrible. No ground aside and just looking at trackman numbers, it was similar total distance to M1, D3, etc.. Even Aeroburner was really close, Aeroburner is super high ball flight, way different. D3 is mid.

All these new drivers, are similar distance if they are set right. In fact, I could not hit anything, no driver I tried, past the Cobra Bio Cell +, which is low spin, and just bombs it. Thats exaggerated of course, because when I say bombs it, that means like 3 yards more than some of the other clubs that I hit near perfect.

I thought the LTD Pro felt light, and when you hit the ball it felt dampened, very quiet compared to others, like the other guy said..soft. I felt like it was not as forgiving as some other offerings too, such as FlyZ+. My favorite club sound wise is the D3. That thing gives great feedback on good hits. TWAAACK.

Trackman is a good unit, it doesn't massively add carry when you hit a ball under ~2k RPM spin like the other launch monitor...Foresight. I still do not understand why people use that thing to test. The lowest spin driver is going to be WAYYYYYY longer than a driver that is say 2500 RPM, but then you go on the course, and wow..its just a few yards...not 20+ yards.

I loved the look of the LTD Pro. Cool piece of equipment though. Really cool looking, and sleek.

I hit a bunch of balls, and the face looked untouched. No wear at all. Impressive.

That's quite the toe hit on these "easy to hit irons." ;)

LOL Not mine!

I know your original post was about the LTD and I don't think Cobra had announced the F6 and F6+, but did the rep have those for you to try?

As regards the irons for an 8 caper would you be inclined to fit him into the CB or the Forged Tech?

Also, for the forged tech irons the loft gaps at the top end are really delisted and close together. Did you have any thoughts on that?

I was looking at the fly z+ irons how do these compare?

Appreciate your review.

I was the 1st one to hit the LTD at my local PGA SS :) Felt pretty good.

Anyone compare an LTD to BC+ or FlyZ+?

I compared the LTD Pro to the Fly Z+. BUT I will say, I did not hit enough balls with each to really get a good side by side comparison. But, I will do my best from what I did experience.

Feel: The Fly Z+ felt better for me throughout the swing. I'm not sure if it was due to the shaft or the head itself, but I felt it was more fluid. Both clubs get the ball moving off the face and have a similar feel off the face. However, I felt like there was slightly more feedback with the LTD. I like the more buttery feel. Again, this is me.

Distance: Very similar. Can't say there was much difference between the 2. On the launch monitors I was averaging ~280 carry and 295 with each. I believe I only hit 1 over 300 and that was with the LTD Pro, though.

Spin: I was getting higher than normal spin numbers with each club. With the Fly Z+ I was getting around 2800 and with the LTD Pro I was getting slightly lower around 2600 or so if I'm not mistaken. It seems to be a slightly lower spinning club than my Fly Z+.

I honestly don't remember which club launched higher. Is the shaft longer on the LTD Pro than the Fly Z+? It felt slightly longer & a bit heavier (could just be the length). Again, both great clubs. The LTD Pro is a great looking club with a Halloween-ish theme (should've released it ON Halloween :)), and the numbers were great. If you have a Fly Z+ already, I wouldn't say it's worth the upgrade unless you find you hit it much better. I didn't. Still a great club. Cobra is making some fantastic drivers. Hope this 'review' helps someone.

I have to revise my initial post. I've been hitting the LTD Pro more and more and it's fantastic!! It's the best feeling Driver I've ever hit and I think it's pretty forgiving. I hit it with the stock Aldila shaft in X and it felt great. It was very low spinning for me (I usually have a low spinning Drive despite my negative AOA) and just feels phenomenal off the face. I can't wait to try it in some of the no upcharge shafts (I don't think I can justify paying more than the sticker price!!). I will probably just Demo it throughout the winter and then buy it when it comes down in price.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

I compared the LTD Pro to the Fly Z+. BUT I will say, I did not hit enough balls with each to really get a good side by side comparison. But, I will do my best from what I did experience.

Feel: The Fly Z+ felt better for me throughout the swing. I'm not sure if it was due to the shaft or the head itself, but I felt it was more fluid. Both clubs get the ball moving off the face and have a similar feel off the face. However, I felt like there was slightly more feedback with the LTD. I like the more buttery feel. Again, this is me.

Distance: Very similar. Can't say there was much difference between the 2. On the launch monitors I was averaging ~280 carry and 295 with each. I believe I only hit 1 over 300 and that was with the LTD Pro, though.

Spin: I was getting higher than normal spin numbers with each club. With the Fly Z+ I was getting around 2800 and with the LTD Pro I was getting slightly lower around 2600 or so if I'm not mistaken. It seems to be a slightly lower spinning club than my Fly Z+.

I honestly don't remember which club launched higher. Is the shaft longer on the LTD Pro than the Fly Z+? It felt slightly longer & a bit heavier (could just be the length). Again, both great clubs. The LTD Pro is a great looking club with a Halloween-ish theme (should've released it ON Halloween :)), and the numbers were great. If you have a Fly Z+ already, I wouldn't say it's worth the upgrade unless you find you hit it much better. I didn't. Still a great club. Cobra is making some fantastic drivers. Hope this 'review' helps someone.

I have to revise my initial post. I've been hitting the LTD Pro more and more and it's fantastic!! It's the best feeling Driver I've ever hit and I think it's pretty forgiving. I hit it with the stock Aldila shaft in X and it felt great. It was very low spinning for me (I usually have a low spinning Drive despite my negative AOA) and just feels phenomenal off the face. I can't wait to try it in some of the no upcharge shafts (I don't think I can justify paying more than the sticker price!!). I will probably just Demo it throughout the winter and then buy it when it comes down in price.

"buy it when it comes down in price" why wait? you can find it cheaper. I got mine new for 349.

F9 driver
king LTD 3 wood
F6 hybrid. vts silver
Z565. recoil 95
Pur wedges
Piretti Matera

I've seen quite a few posts about a low ball flight for some with the driver. I normally hit the ball on the high side so thinking about going with the pro. I'm wondering if the people seeing a low ball flight think it's from the shaft they are using or maybe these heads have a loft closer to stated loft, or something else.

Yes the FW is a revelation for me.

I was familiar with the profile and feel so I just ordered it that way. Great fit for me.

so does the LTD pro set at 9.5 and 10 neutral still hit low bombs? the LTD to me is the best out there for folks in the 96-105 swing speed range. Not that bombers can't use it too... as golfbox proved.

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

I've seen quite a few posts about a low ball flight for some with the driver. I normally hit the ball on the high side so thinking about going with the pro. I'm wondering if the people seeing a low ball flight think it's from the shaft they are using or maybe these heads have a loft closer to stated loft, or something else.

I'm a high ball hitter (swing flaw) and the Pro flies low for me. I have the Rogue MSI 110 60x in mine and never tried the stock offering. The loft is set at 9.5* and originally thought I'd have to drop that down at least one degree. Surprisingly flies lower than my M1 460 9.5* with Rogue MSI 110 70s.

I'm a high ball hitter (swing flaw) and the Pro flies low for me. I have the Rogue MSI 110 60x in mine and never tried the stock offering. The loft is set at 9.5* and originally thought I'd have to drop that down at least one degree. Surprisingly flies lower than my M1 460 9.5* with Rogue MSI 110 70s.

I'm in the exact same boat except I have the Chrome in X. Have always had a high ball flight due to swing flaws.

At first when I hit it on the monitor set to 8.5 it seemed to be launching similarly to the M1 in 9.5. On the course however it was pretty low.

Ended up bumping up to 9.5 and think it's a nice ball flight.

so does the LTD pro set at 9.5 and 10 neutral still hit low bombs? the LTD to me is the best out there for folks in the 96-105 swing speed range. Not that bombers can't use it too... as golfbox proved.

I've read where a couple guys received their pro and the loft on it was lower than what it was supposed to be. The pro heads are supposed to be made with 8.5 degrees of loft. But sometimes heads will slip through the process that aren't correct. I don't know if it's this thread or another cobra one but someone's pro head was measured at like 6 degrees or something super low. My R15 was supposed to be 10.5 degrees and I had it measured and it was actually 11.5 degrees. Sometimes you just get a weird head.

So whatever driver you have, try to get it measured by someone with the right tools. But the pro head set at 9.5 and the regular head set at 9.5 should yield the same results. Only true difference would be the pro at 9.5 is more "upright" than the regular at 9.5. The smart pad is supposed to even all that out, but I don't believe it sits it 100% square when you move lofts. But take that with a grain of salt. I swing about 120 and pretty aggressive with a high ball flight, but I went with the regular head simply because I want to put low launch X flex shafts in it so I can swing super hard and not worry about ballooning. I figured I'll never set the head below 9* and if I get a low launch low spin shaft I may need to set the loft above 10. But that's my logic, might not be the case for everyone.

That being said, My experience with the LTD (regular head, Fuji pro 63 tour spec X shaft) has me believing that it is a low launch head. Not super low, but it's definitely lower than my R15 and it did launch lower than the M1 with the weight in the back. With the weight forward it was very similar. Obviously the shaft will make a bit of difference as well. I hit the F6+ today and it's a great head, but it's very similar to what the M1 was giving me. Lots of distance, but mis-hits were more punishing. Not to say it or the M1 isn't forgiving, most drivers out now are pretty forgiving I think (as far as dispersion goes), but the LTD continues to surprise me on how my ball speed stays so darn consistent across the entire face. That in my mind sets this driver apart from everyone else.

Cobra has a true winner right here.

Jeremiah 29:11

I got a pro ltd head, I am not a high ball hitter by any means, yet I have no problems getting this thing airborne, eespecially with the shafts I use. The great thing about the ltd, it does exactly what my swing does, meaning I think this driver more than any other I have hit gives me great feedback. even though it is really forgiving.kind of counter intuitive. Guess I can compare it to the stupid aero burner driver I hit in a rental set once which was really forgiving yet no matter what I did with my swing the ball did the almost exact same thing in the air. A totally annoying ball flight that I could not change. Ugh!!!

Cobra has a fantastic driver with the ltd. can't wait to hit the f6 plus.

F9 driver
king LTD 3 wood
F6 hybrid. vts silver
Z565. recoil 95
Pur wedges
Piretti Matera

Why would one buy a King LTD Pro vs. an F6+ Pro? Or, the other way around...

My 2 cents, from my experience with both (limited with the F6+, but I think I got really good feel for it in my limited time), and as simple as I can put it...

King LTD Pro - Long, super forgiving, amazing feel, great workability

F6+ Pro - Adjustable, Super long, forgiving, good feel, good workability.

Looking forward to experimenting more with the F6+ and different shafts, but I'm not sure it's an overall better head than the LTD.

My 2 cents, from my experience with both (limited with the F6+, but I think I got really good feel for it in my limited time), and as simple as I can put it...

Looking forward to experimenting more with the F6+ and different shafts, but I'm not sure it's an overall better head than the LTD.

Thanks! I was messing around at the store today and thought the black F6+ looked better (albeit pretty similar), but was also cheaper. Just wondering what the catch is, as they look so similar,

Thanks! I was messing around at the store today and thought the black F6+ looked better (albeit pretty similar), but was also cheaper. Just wondering what the catch is, as they look so similar,

No problem. Just been my experience with them and also what I'm deciphering based on the tech in each club. Granted my experience might be different than someone else's, but I feel the majority of golfers should experience similar results.

Although I've been wrong before...lol.

Have fun testing them both. They are both great drivers.

I did yesterday.

Let's address this...

Way better? Come on you guys Crack me up. Everyone likes new stuff but the differences are a few percent at most between generations and that's on high side. Nothing is going to be WAY better than someone from similar time unless it's a fitting issue

Way better? Come on you guys Crack me up. Everyone likes new stuff but the differences are a few percent at most between generations and that's on high side. Nothing is going to be WAY better than someone from similar time unless it's a fitting issue

My point must have not come as tongue in cheek as intended. I anticipate the difference between the Fly-Z+ and f6+ being very small.

WITB 2/3/16:
Driver - Golf club
3 & 5 Wood - Clubs
Irons - More Golf clubs
Wedges - Knives
Putter - wrench

"buy it when it comes down in price" why wait? you can find it cheaper. I got mine new for 349.

Where? I can't find it any cheaper than $449.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Where? I can't find it any cheaper than $449.

PM'ed you. Check your box.

F9 driver
king LTD 3 wood
F6 hybrid. vts silver
Z565. recoil 95
Pur wedges
Piretti Matera

F6+ Pro in 7.5* Fade.. tee it up really high and forward in your stance and even an old dog like me can get some distance... great club and for me >>>>> King Ltd and M1 etc (for me that is so YMMV)..... only F6+/Pro and the new G LS Tec are better for me than my i25 from limited tests... will see when I hit the course with the Cobra next week

I'm in the exact same boat except I have the Chrome in X. Have always had a high ball flight due to swing flaws.

At first when I hit it on the monitor set to 8.5 it seemed to be launching similarly to the M1 in 9.5. On the course however it was pretty low.

Ended up bumping up to 9.5 and think it's a nice ball flight.

Whats your thoughts about the Chrome 6F5T? Seems like a awesome shaft. Very into trying the F6+ with Chrome 6F5T