Video Games

mwink822

I heard in Fortnite you can play against pc/xboxone/ps4 players all in the same game, is that true?

Since yesterday yes, i believe they are fixing that mess though. There’s some cross platform errors right now and I’m pretty sure I played with some PC players yesterday on my Xbox. Building like they were isn’t possible on Xbox.

I heard in Fortnite you can play against pc/xboxone/ps4 players all in the same game, is that true?

Since yesterday yes, i believe they are fixing that mess though. There's some cross platform errors right now and I'm pretty sure I played with some PC players yesterday on my Xbox. Building like they were isn't possible on Xbox.

Yep, I've run into some gun fights where it seems like I get melted wayyyy to fast for the double sticks, and had people build massive structures right infront of me before I can even switch to build mode.

Hope they get it fixed. K&M is totally unfair when used vs a controller.

G430 LST 10.5* - G430 Max 15* - Cobra Baffler 17.5*- Sub 70 Pro 20* & 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58*  - F22

i cross platform play a lot. My best friend plays on pc. But if you look on your main screen it says same platform. I don't think they put pc guys in with PS4 or Xbox. They might but there's some pretty dang good builders on PS4.

I know a few guys that use keyboard and mouse on their ps4, but I can attest that there are some wizard builders with a controller.

i cross platform play a lot. My best friend plays on pc. But if you look on your main screen it says same platform. I don't think they put pc guys in with PS4 or Xbox. They might but there's some pretty dang good builders on PS4.

I know a few guys that use keyboard and mouse on their ps4, but I can attest that there are some wizard builders with a controller.

Oh absolutely, I mean I'm 100% sure about 90% of the people who play it play more than I do, so its not surprising if I'm a bit slow on it comparatively.

One thing that I do think they should change is the whole pump shotgun stuff, including the double pump. I just don't love the idea of a one hit close range weapon, nothing should kill in one hit minus a sniper headshot, but thast my personal opinion by someone who played for an hour and literally never died to anything but being shotgunned, lol.

I was being ramp rushed and built up 3 to 4 high to cut him off and he dropped, the guy just ran behind my ramp base when I was shooting at his buddy, and pumped me from the ground and killed me at 125 hp in one shot. And that was the end of my night (and almost the end of my Xbox Elite controller). I know the gunplay in the game isn't super high skill, but its more the building that separates the skill gaps, but I also get super frustrated when a green pump destroys me at 200hp faster than you can kill them with almost anything else.

G430 LST 10.5* - G430 Max 15* - Cobra Baffler 17.5*- Sub 70 Pro 20* & 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58*  - F22

My son has cut back on e-gaming since he started university. He ranked pretty high worldwide in LoL and had some thoughts on trying his fortumes as a professional, but no. He has spent a tremendous lot of time in 1st and 3rd person shooters from the days of Halo and Halo 2. Following e-sports too. I guess it was my ”fault” in a way, I was fascinated with doom and quake when the first shooter games came along, and that was when he was tiny. My wife has never forgiven me.

I lost interest in shooter games quickly and now I see them as a curse, hindering creative gaming development. Back before the shooters there was a tremendous creativety in computer gaming, starting from the still wonderful game Zork, which I guess all of you generation x+ :ers with at least some early computer contact came across. And then as time went on sports games, golf games, adventure games of all sorts, puzzle games, card games and leisure suit larry were developed. But the shooter concept took over completely. You have to run around looking left and right no matter what the game is all about. And that ruins creativity. That there is a urge gor other concepts became extremely obvious when Pokemon Go exploded like no game before a few years ago. The first really creative concept in ages.

Lets hope more games without the shooter concept comes along.

The shooter thing ruined my preferred gaming area, the adventure games. Zork vas great as text based games goes, but a series that really captivated me with the inventiveness and even more the beauty was the Myst series, especially Riven, which still, even though developed for stone age computers by far is the most beautiful game developed. And that was a lot since you did NOT run around in a 3D world but came to specific ”rooms” which was beautifully rendered. But the 1st person concept was inevitable and that ruined that game genre. I actually bought Syberia 3 recently, a new title with roots from the good ol days. It was heavily flawed when released, mostly due to the need for maneuvering around. But when fixed, its definitely not too bad. I play it together with missus and my daughter, all are fascinated. But the 3rd person concept really do not add much.

What I hope for most is that here will be nice spinoffs from the Pokemon Go success, but with a more intelligent gaming idea. And if you really wanted to do a follow up to Riven, what beauty could you not produce with 20 years of computer graphics development. If you could skip the running around.

My son has cut back on e-gaming since he started university. He ranked pretty high worldwide in LoL and had some thoughts on trying his fortumes as a professional, but no. He has spent a tremendous lot of time in 1st and 3rd person shooters from the days of Halo and Halo 2. Following e-sports too. I guess it was my ”fault” in a way, I was fascinated with doom and quake when the first shooter games came along, and that was when he was tiny. My wife has never forgiven me.

I lost interest in shooter games quickly and now I see them as a curse, hindering creative gaming development. Back before the shooters there was a tremendous creativety in computer gaming, starting from the still wonderful game Zork, which I guess all of you generation x+ :ers with at least some early computer contact came across. And then as time went on sports games, golf games, adventure games of all sorts, puzzle games, card games and leisure suit larry were developed. But the shooter concept took over completely. You have to run around looking left and right no matter what the game is all about. And that ruins creativity. That there is a urge gor other concepts became extremely obvious when Pokemon Go exploded like no game before a few years ago. The first really creative concept in ages.

Lets hope more games without the shooter concept comes along.

The shooter thing ruined my preferred gaming area, the adventure games. Zork vas great as text based games goes, but a series that really captivated me with the inventiveness and even more the beauty was the Myst series, especially Riven, which still, even though developed for stone age computers by far is the most beautiful game developed. And that was a lot since you did NOT run around in a 3D world but came to specific ”rooms” which was beautifully rendered. But the 1st person concept was inevitable and that ruined that game genre. I actually bought Syberia 3 recently, a new title with roots from the good ol days. It was heavily flawed when released, mostly due to the need for maneuvering around. But when fixed, its definitely not too bad. I play it together with missus and my daughter, all are fascinated. But the 3rd person concept really do not add much.

What I hope for most is that here will be nice spinoffs from the Pokemon Go success, but with a more intelligent gaming idea. And if you really wanted to do a follow up to Riven, what beauty could you not produce with 20 years of computer graphics development. If you could skip the running around.

Nice perspective here and great post. Although I am a huge fan of shooters (Doom I and II, Duke Nukem 3d, and Quake II are still some of my faves), I agree there is an over-emphasis on them that has somewhat ruined other types of games. I loved Zork for my Commodore 64 and yes it was an excellent game despite being fully text.

Also Civilization was a type of game that was revolutionary at the time which was a departure from shooters. When it came out I was blown away by the scale of it and the simple turn based mechanics. And although it is 3d and has shooter elements to it, I thought Minecraft brought artistic creativity and online collaboration to the 3d genre.

To your point I'm hoping that the shooter has become ubiquitous and has saturated the market to the point that developers move to other types of games as a focus. It's supply and demand out there and as the supply of shooters gets too big, hopefully the demand will go up for the other types and genres. I don't know if a remake of text Zork would be in demand, but the same thinking and problem solving required to play it could be incorporated in a 3d looking game.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Oh absolutely, I mean I'm 100% sure about 90% of the people who play it play more than I do, so its not surprising if I'm a bit slow on it comparatively.

One thing that I do think they should change is the whole pump shotgun stuff, including the double pump. I just don't love the idea of a one hit close range weapon, nothing should kill in one hit minus a sniper headshot, but thast my personal opinion by someone who played for an hour and literally never died to anything but being shotgunned, lol.

I was being ramp rushed and built up 3 to 4 high to cut him off and he dropped, the guy just ran behind my ramp base when I was shooting at his buddy, and pumped me from the ground and killed me at 125 hp in one shot. And that was the end of my night (and almost the end of my Xbox Elite controller). I know the gunplay in the game isn't super high skill, but its more the building that separates the skill gaps, but I also get super frustrated when a green pump destroys me at 200hp faster than you can kill them with almost anything else.

I would like to double pump gone as well. I'm actually trying to run it right now and it's wildly difficult. I'm ok with the power of it as it is a shotgun at close range. I have noticed that rockets seem to be less effective, which if you get crushed by a shotgun you should be crushed by a damn ROCKET LAUNCHER!

I would like to double pump gone as well. I'm actually trying to run it right now and it's wildly difficult. I'm ok with the power of it as it is a shotgun at close range. I have noticed that rockets seem to be less effective, which if you get crushed by a shotgun you should be crushed by a damn ROCKET LAUNCHER!

I absolutely agree. Sure the pump should be the most powerful of the shotguns, but I just think maybe max a pump at 150 hp (with most range, but slowest shot), then the heavys, at like 125 (with more range) and then the tac at 100 hp maxes maybe.

I know everyone loves watching Ninja rush a base and crap on guys using the pump, but personally, its slowly killing the enjoyment of the game for me. I either get shotgun rushed or get shot in the back with an AR, very rarely do you get sniped or have a legit AR fight it seems anymore. And using a SMG/Minigun/LMG/Pistol good luck, only way any of those get used is for 3 kills for achievements then they get ignored.

I absolutely agree. Sure the pump should be the most powerful of the shotguns, but I just think maybe max a pump at 150 hp (with most range, but slowest shot), then the heavys, at like 125 (with more range) and then the tac at 100 hp maxes maybe.

I know everyone loves watching Ninja rush a base and crap on guys using the pump, but personally, its slowly killing the enjoyment of the game for me. I either get shotgun rushed or get shot in the back with an AR, very rarely do you get sniped or have a legit AR fight it seems anymore. And using a SMG/Minigun/LMG/Pistol good luck, only way any of those get used is for 3 kills for achievements then they get ignored.

Hmm ? I understand your point but I’m not sure I agree. I took the “if you can’t beat them join them approach” and embraced the pump. Also, I’m taking a Purple SMG over almost anything, any day, any time. Purple LMG is boss too. They all have their own strengths, just have to adjust your playing style to each one. I definitely wouldn’t say any particular weapon is ruining the game. Just my opinion.

Totally respect that. I guess being 34 I just don't have the reflexes needed to play some of these FPS anymore, lol.

When I used to play a lot of COD I wasn't one of the Adderall fueled quick scopers running around like a mad person, so maybe its just not in my blood with how much I play anymore.

And I do agree, the purple SMG is LEGIT. I'll always pic that up, love pairing that with a blue pump, but you still just feel like it doesn't hold a candle to the pump in any situation. Miss the pump shot then try to make some space and get that out and just mow guys down as they bunny hop all over the place.

Totally respect that. I guess being 34 I just don't have the reflexes needed to play some of these FPS anymore, lol.

When I used to play a lot of COD I wasn't one of the Adderall fueled quick scopers running around like a mad person, so maybe its just not in my blood with how much I play anymore.

And I do agree, the purple SMG is LEGIT. I'll always pic that up, love pairing that with a blue pump, but you still just feel like it doesn't hold a candle to the pump in any situation. Miss the pump shot then try to make some space and get that out and just mow guys down as they bunny hop all over the place.

I wish I could create space. I just buckle down and hope I land my next shot, which happens about 1 out of every 50 attempts. Being in my 30s might be a factor as well, but I usually think it has more to do with the whiskey.

I wish I could create space. I just buckle down and hope I land my next shot, which happens about 1 out of every 50 attempts. Being in my 30s might be a factor as well, but I usually think it has more to do with the whiskey.

This.

Don't know how many times I've died and my buddy asks what happened, and say "oh he surprised me and pump shotgunned me for 250" when I am really 5 beers deep and just missed my first 3 shots.

This.

Don't know how many times I've died and my buddy asks what happened, and say "oh he surprised me and pump shotgunned me for 250" when I am really 5 beers deep and just missed my first 3 shots.

Wait, you mean you aren't crushing 2-3 redbulls per session like Ninja? Haha

It's tough... My first intuition is always to fight, but the better players seem to build up first, gain the height advantage, then switch to gunning me down.

This.

Wait, you mean you aren't crushing 2-3 redbulls per session like Ninja? Haha

It's tough... My first intuition is always to fight, but the better players seem to build up first, gain the height advantage, then switch to gunning me down.

If I crushed 3 redbulls the next thing my team mates would hear would be the paramedics trying to bring me back...

My favorite loadout right now is a pump/lmg combo. I'll even take that over an AR right now. The pump 1 shot kills suck but it gets better as you start to get faster at building and better with aim. The best piece of advice i got was to stop zooming in with the pump. There is no point as the hit box is the same size and it speeds up your shot.

Ping G430 Max 10k
Ping G430 2 Hybrid
Ping I230 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite S+
Ping Forged 50* 54* 60*
Ping D60

I need something to play now and looking for suggestions, sorry to derail the conversation...

I am only into single player games and no first person view. I love action/RPG and story driven games. I am an obsessive about getting all trophies/achievements. Favorite games of the last few years is bloodborne,horizon zero dawn, evil within and final fantasy 15. The new god of war looks interesting. Have I missed anything? Suggestions? I have PS4, switch and PC.

Thanks!

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* Matrix 8M3
3 Wood: TM 16 M2 13* Diamana Thump 75
4-7 Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler 19* PX Evenflow
4 Iron: TM RSI TP UDI Aldila Rip'd VS Proto
5-PW: Bridgestone J15DF KBS C-Taper
50,56,60: Callaway MD3, Vokey TVD, Mizuno T7
Putter: Method 003, Bettinardi Queen B7

I need something to play now and looking for suggestions, sorry to derail the conversation...

I am only into single player games and no first person view. I love action/RPG and story driven games. I am an obsessive about getting all trophies/achievements. Favorite games of the last few years is bloodborne,horizon zero dawn, evil within and final fantasy 15. The new god of war looks interesting. Have I missed anything? Suggestions? I have PS4, switch and PC.

Thanks!

Sounds like you missed Fortnite

Fortnite buddy.....

3 20v20 games this evening. 1 kill. Why do I do this to myself??

20v20 is chaos and I refuse to play it! LOL

The thing about 20 is I can usually get find someone not paying attention and get a few shots and get lucky.

20v20v20v20v20 is solely based on if your entire team lands in a place that isn't tilted towers, lol.

I've had times where everyone lands at like Pleasant Park and stays together for the most part, and we won with like 14 people left alive. Had other times flying into Tilted and no one makes it out alive.

I tried not to like Fortnite lol but I think there are two great things about BR mode. One, if you get offed, you're back in a new game in 60 seconds. No waiting around. Second, when you restart a new game, everyone is back to zero loadout. I love that.

A lot of the things I like about it are the opposite of the way that WoW got for me once you started really moving up. IE I'm not into teaming up at all, not my thing. Still no wins but lots of top 3s. Need to spend some time just off in a corner practicing quicker builds.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Man. If y’all need some good laughs watch me try to build when I get shot. There is ramps and walls and tops every where. I really wish there wasn’t those roof top things. I will slap one down in a heartbeat sometimes.

I’m devinh821 on PS4. Couple guys on here know how funny it is to play. I should be on 430 eastern time.

I tried not to like Fortnite lol but I think there are two great things about BR mode. One, if you get offed, you're back in a new game in 60 seconds. No waiting around. Second, when you restart a new game, everyone is back to zero loadout. I love that.

A lot of the things I like about it are the opposite of the way that WoW got for me once you started really moving up. IE I'm not into teaming up at all, not my thing. Still no wins but lots of top 3s. Need to spend some time just off in a corner practicing quicker builds.

What platform are you playing on? The way I got better at building is I would just land in wailing woods, harvest a bunch of wood and just start building, editing and getting comfortable with the process. If you are on a console you have to switch to builder pro setting on your controller. Total game changer.

Man. If y'all need some good laughs watch me try to build when I get shot. There is ramps and walls and tops every where. I really wish there wasn't those roof top things. I will slap one down in a heartbeat sometimes.

I'm devinh821 on PS4. Couple guys on here know how funny it is to play. I should be on 430 eastern time.

What controller layout are you using? If not builder pro then you need to switch ASAP!

Ping G430 Max 10k
Ping G430 2 Hybrid
Ping I230 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite S+
Ping Forged 50* 54* 60*
Ping D60

What platform are you playing on? The way I got better at building is I would just land in wailing woods, harvest a bunch of wood and just start building, editing and getting comfortable with the process. If you are on a console you have to switch to builder pro setting on your controller. Total game changer.

Man. If y'all need some good laughs watch me try to build when I get shot. There is ramps and walls and tops every where. I really wish there wasn't those roof top things. I will slap one down in a heartbeat sometimes.

I'm devinh821 on PS4. Couple guys on here know how funny it is to play. I should be on 430 eastern time.

What controller layout are you using? If not builder pro then you need to switch ASAP!

Agreed, builder pro is the only way to do it.

I'd also recommend doing one of the LTM, like in the 50v50 you harvested more materials and you weren't constantly worried about being shot in the butt the entire time. so maybe the 20v20v20v20v20 mode would be good to practice on.