IN HAND: TaylorMade M1 Driver 460cc and 430cc

[quote name='altess27' timestamp='1442671603' post='12335080']
Had a chance to hit this driver yesterday and it is really impressive. I hit the 9.5 460 head with the Kuro Kage TiNi and it gave me really nice results. I started with the weights at standard to start just to get a feel for the driver. I'm not a high ball hitter by any means so I had a little trouble getting the ball airborne at first but I actually really liked it, nice low controllable bullets. After I did a little tweaking I ended up with the first sliding weight one notch towards draw and the other weight all the way back this is where it really got good. Ball flight was very nice and it flew very straight, like others have said it is very forgiving for such a low spinning driver. Unfortunately I wasn't on a trackman or simulator so I don't have any numbers for you guys but the driver was flying about 5-10 yards farther that my 913 D2 (my 913 has been the best set up I've ever used). The sound and was really nice too, not too loud and gave really good feedback when struck. All in all a very good driver but I don't know if it's enough for me to make the switch.
[/quote]

Go on! You know you want to! :taunt:

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ripken08' timestamp='1442678669' post='12335484']
Can you say Callaway Fusion technology with weight tracks?
[/quote]

Were you trying to make a point, or were you just making an attempt at snark?

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

[quote name='Interpol' timestamp='1442683684' post='12335750']
[quote name='Ripken08' timestamp='1442678669' post='12335484']
Can you say Callaway Fusion technology with weight tracks?
[/quote]

Were you trying to make a point, or were you just making an attempt at snark?
[/quote]

Making a point. FT was so good that's it's making a comeback. Way ahead of it's time.

[quote name='Ripken08' timestamp='1442686931' post='12335874']
Making a point. FT was so good that's it's making a comeback. Way ahead of it's time.
[/quote]

The presence of carbon composites in a driver clubhead is nothing new, it's existed for over 10 years now. It's got nothing to do with the FT, the C4 was Callaway's first composite driver. Would you say the C4 was "so good that it's making a comeback"?

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60

[quote name='Interpol' timestamp='1442688378' post='12335936']
[/quote]

The presence of carbon composites in a driver clubhead is nothing new, it's existed for over 10 years now. It's got nothing to do with the FT, the C4 was Callaway's first composite driver. Would you say the C4 was "so good that it's making a comeback"?
[/quote]

I said nothing about it being the first or about the C4 being the best. Fact is, Callaway began and later perfected the technology with the FT3, FT5, FT9, Razr Hawk and so on. They have lead all OEMs in technology advances using carbon fiber. Period.

[quote name='Ripken08' timestamp='1442691172' post='12336066']
I said nothing about it being the first or about the C4 being the best. Fact is, Callaway began and later perfected the technology with the FT3, FT5, FT9, Razr Hawk and so on. They have lead all OEMs in technology advances using carbon fiber. Period.
[/quote]

I guess it remains to be seen if TM surpasses Cally in this area after the M1 goes mainstream.

I never thought I'd buy a driver with a CF crown because of the sound the old school composite drivers made. Then the Cobra Fly-Z+ came out and I'm hooked.

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60

Can't wait to try this. Won't buy it now but if it performS I'll keep my out in the BST!

I specially love the Fuji PRO. In fact I have like 5 of them from my driver to woods to hybrids. It's not a high launching shaft for me though so I wonder if it's a slightly looser version?

Driver - Titleist TSi2 8* - Mitsubishi Tensei Raw White 6s

4w Cobra F6 Baffler - Evenflow RED 6.0 75g

DI - Cobra One Utility - Paderson SLS 110 shaft

5-GW PXG Gen4 XP - Elevate 95g Stiff

50* Cleveland Zipcore full face - TI S400

56* Tmag Big Foot - TI S400

Taylormade Tour Spider Silver  

I had th opportunity to hit the M1 430 at the range today. No launch monitor, but the outdoor eyeball test.

Launched lower/ more of a flat ball flight compared to my R15 430. The feel was more lively and a little more ting sound, I like it

Callaway Triple Diamond LS 9* | Diamana D Limited 60tx

Titleist TSi3 15* | Ventus TR 7x

Titleist TSi3 18* | Ventus TR 8x
Srixon ZX7 4-p | DG x100
Vokey SM8 50|54|58 - DG x100
Scotty Newport 2
TP5x 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Actually Yonex had a carbon driver in the 90s.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

Sadly I think I'll have to stop reading most of the Tour and Pre-Release Threads. No matter what the product is all people can say is that product looks too much like what company x did five years ago. That Scotty looks like an Odyssey that Odyssey copied from Ping x years ago.

Sorry I'm not directing this at any one person at all. Its in every thread and its something that has got old to me. I don't get why it matters as long as it works for you. Sorry for the small rant guys. Disregard my post and carry on haha. Cheers guys!

Optiforce 440 9.5* w/ B-Series BlueBoard 60X
913H 18*& 22* w/ iRod 85F4
Ping s55 (4-PW) w/ Recoil 95 Prototype
Engage 50sq, 54sq, 60ds w/ Recoil 110 Prototype
Bettinardi Signature Series 7

Played 18 today with M1 driver... unfortunately did not have a shaft that fit (was a demo, not many options) and the stock grip felt like a girls grip. Excuses aside, this is the best TM head I have hit. Feel is great, sound is great. Played Fly Z+ previously and will say the M1 launches lower than 9* FlyZ+ ... After one round, the FlyZ may be a bit more forgiving, which not comparing apples to apples as M1 did have different shaft. From other sites info, FlyZ+ weight forward is about 4000 MOI / weight back about 4500 and M1 is about 4500 - not sure weight forward or back on M1 tho...

Played the lefty in 430 and 460 today. I have skipped on the R15, I liked it, but wasn't taking the G30 out of my bag
My personal opinion, these look great, feel great! and are simply great. I think the 430 might be one of the best looking drivers I've ever seen in person.
Was it better then my G30 LS? Yeah it was. So, I bought the 460 M1 (I dont know if I have the game for the 430, and as many people like to joke, once the price comes down, or goes on Ebay, I will get a 430 as it looks that good to me, but I know the 460 works!
The fairway woods as well, personal opinion, I dont own any TM products, is just SO good looking. I didn't hit it though, I am pretty spot on with my current gamer.

I also tried the new irons (just 7iron). Again, not a big TM fan here, I personally love their advertising/marketing and non-stop new products, keeps it fun and interesting....these irons I'm buying 100%. I think they look better then my Nike VPC (which I love!), but these are truly nice looking, feel great, better sound (hated previous model TP irons, and these aren't even the Forged set). Really impressive looking and feeling and performing.

Hate TM, or not I dont understand why people do, and dont understand if you hate them...why open up TM threads on here and bash them...just dont open or read TM threads on here! But this line has impressed me greatly, to the point of buying the M1 on the spot, and going to order the irons.

[quote name='lacosteguy' timestamp='1442721578' post='12337680']
Played the lefty in 430 and 460 today. I have skipped on the R15, I liked it, but wasn't taking the G30 out of my bag
My personal opinion, these look great, feel great! and are simply great. I think the 430 might be one of the best looking drivers I've ever seen in person.
Was it better then my G30 LS? Yeah it was. So, I bought the 460 M1 (I dont know if I have the game for the 430, and as many people like to joke, once the price comes down, or goes on Ebay, I will get a 430 as it looks that good to me, but I know the 460 works!
The fairway woods as well, personal opinion, I dont own any TM products, is just SO good looking. I didn't hit it though, I am pretty spot on with my current gamer.

I also tried the new irons (just 7iron). Again, not a big TM fan here, I personally love their advertising/marketing and non-stop new products, keeps it fun and interesting....these irons I'm buying 100%. I think they look better then my Nike VPC (which I love!), but these are truly nice looking, feel great, better sound (hated previous model TP irons, and these aren't even the Forged set). Really impressive looking and feeling and performing.

Hate TM, or not I dont understand why people do, and dont understand if you hate them...why open up TM threads on here and bash them...just dont open or read TM threads on here! But this line has impressed me greatly, to the point of buying the M1 on the spot, and going to order the irons.
[/quote]

Are you ordering the regular version on the tour version in the irons?

Regular version! I venture the tour are going to "wow" me if these did!, but these just really were nice. Not thick, clean, I think looked nicer then my loved Nike VPC.
My mind could change of course if I see the tour version the same time during the demo day next week. But, these just look great and why make the game harder if you dont need too.

[/quote]

Hold on......the 430 DOES come in left hand?

[quote name='awr_84' timestamp='1442782276' post='12340278']
Not according to their website... I don't think it will be available to retail customers unless you stumble across one at a demo day. Just like the R15 TP, I've seen a few guys selling a tour issued 430 but I was told by the TM reps on the live chat feature of their site that it is not an option
[/quote]

That's what I've read/heard/seen......so for the guy up top to throw that out there .....messin with my head!

[quote name='ckay' timestamp='1442702021' post='12336564']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Actually Yonex had a carbon driver in the 90s.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure every manufacturer has experimented with carbon fiber at some point. I didn't see the Titleist 909D Comp bashing thread when they "stole" the idea from Callaway, when in fact, that's far closer to the design of the M1 than any of Callaway's offerings. If Callaway had perfected it, wouldn't they be doing it in all their drivers?

Then again, maybe Top Flite perfected it with the Thunder Heat driver with the carbon fiber face. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spalding-Top-Flite-Thunder-Heat-10-5-Driver-MRH-TH-Medium-Graph-T7728-/271978680772?hash=item3f533151c4

Or maybe Wilson did with the Killer Whale Composite [url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilson-The-Whale-Graphite-Driver-Firestick-3-5-graphite-shaft-right-handed-/221887229517?hash=item33a9826e4d"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilson-The-Whale-Graphite-Driver-Firestick-3-5-graphite-shaft-right-handed-/221887229517?hash=item33a9826e4d[/url]

You know what they say about haters...

M3 9.5* - Fujikura 757TR
M5 15* - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
M1 5W - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
P760 3i - KBS $ Taper Black
P730 5-PW - KBS $ Taper Black
Milled Grind 50 & 55 DG TI Onyx
Hi-Toe 60 DG TI Onyx
Spider X Navy

Meanwhile in the TaylorMade product logoing department kitchen:

300.JPG

Whoa... that's a blatant ripoff. They both use an M!

M3 9.5* - Fujikura 757TR
M5 15* - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
M1 5W - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
P760 3i - KBS $ Taper Black
P730 5-PW - KBS $ Taper Black
Milled Grind 50 & 55 DG TI Onyx
Hi-Toe 60 DG TI Onyx
Spider X Navy

Meanwhile in the TaylorMade product logoing department kitchen:

300.JPG

Whoa... that's a blatant ripoff. They both use an M!

:lol:

It's a very similar font, you have to admit.

It was a joke. The M1 driver looks great, the Logo is not going to go down in the annals as one of there best.

All designers use inspiration. Jet planes, exotic cars, designer furniture. They may have used Mio, who knows? :P

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

[quote name=' SwooshLT' timestamp='1442772295' post='12339610']

[/quote]

[/quote]
Not according to their website... I don't think it will be available to retail customers unless you stumble across one at a demo day. Just like the R15 TP, I've seen a few guys selling a tour issued 430 but I was told by the TM reps on the live chat feature of their site that it is not an option
[/quote]

http://taylormadegolf.ca/M1-430-Driver/DW-WZ440.html?lang=en_CA#lang=en_CA&start=2

I see the 430 listed in 9.5 and 10.5 for LH.

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

[quote name='hbear' timestamp='1442965584' post='12352912']

[url="http://taylormadegolf.ca/M1-430-Driver/DW-WZ440.html?lang=en_CA#lang=en_CA&start=2"]http://taylormadegol...g=en_CA&start=2[/url]

[/quote]

So the Kuro Kage is TINY Silver huh?!?!?

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

The Cleveland Launcher Comp had a role in creation of this great forum. Composite tech has that going for it, which is nice :)

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='hbear' timestamp='1442965584' post='12352912']
[quote name=' SwooshLT' timestamp='1442772295' post='12339610']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

http://taylormadegolf.ca/M1-430-Driver/DW-WZ440.html?lang=en_CA#lang=en_CA&start=2

[/quote]

You most be looking at a different site than you posted. It clearing says "No" for lefty 430's.

G430 LST 9°  Autoflex505x
SIM 15° RDX Blue 70TX

Cobra King Tec 19° hybrid RDX Black 9-6.5
Mizuno 245 Modus120x
Vokey SM6 50,55,60
Tank Cruiser #1