IN HAND: TaylorMade M1 Driver 460cc and 430cc

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any feedback on the shaft offerings other than High, Mid & Low? All pretty solid options or?
[list]
[*][b]High-launch:[/b] Fujikura Pro 60 (X-, S-, R-, M-flex)
[*][b]Mid-launch:[/b] Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 (X-, S-, R-flex)
[*][b]Low-launch:[/b] Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (X-, S-flex)
[/list]

following

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Looks a little familiar at address...

[attachment=2950280:erc-fusion_2.png]

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

[quote name='driverwedge' timestamp='1442003882' post='12300966']

[/quote]

If by that you mean they both have metal and carbon fiber, then I agree. Then again, many clubs have those materials.

M3 9.5* - Fujikura 757TR
M5 15* - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
M1 5W - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
P760 3i - KBS $ Taper Black
P730 5-PW - KBS $ Taper Black
Milled Grind 50 & 55 DG TI Onyx
Hi-Toe 60 DG TI Onyx
Spider X Navy

[quote name='blav28' timestamp='1442004049' post='12300976']

[/quote]

If by that you mean they both have metal and carbon fiber, then I agree. Then again, many clubs have those materials.
[/quote]

Nah. Meant that it had a shaft.

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

[quote name='driverwedge' timestamp='1442004333' post='12301000']
[quote name='blav28' timestamp='1442004049' post='12300976']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nah. Meant that it had a shaft.
[/quote]

In that case, I agree 100%.

M3 9.5* - Fujikura 757TR
M5 15* - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
M1 5W - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
P760 3i - KBS $ Taper Black
P730 5-PW - KBS $ Taper Black
Milled Grind 50 & 55 DG TI Onyx
Hi-Toe 60 DG TI Onyx
Spider X Navy

I saw the M1 commercial and Rick's review and love the impact sound.
If the Rogue I/O RIP is available as a no upcharge I might have to pick one up. The M1 hybrid looks pretty good as well.

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

Zx5 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

[quote name='TravAz' timestamp='1441986294' post='12299396']
[quote name='Brent1' timestamp='1441939421' post='12297342'] Agreed. Interesting. 32-47 yards offline on half the shots. And he hits drivers considerably more than most. The M1 460 was much more consistent in both distance and spread. [/quote]

If you look at the face impact figures, the 1st shot (315 carry) was the only ball he hit significantly above the center of the face (7mm Toe/11mm High). He got 293y of carry hitting one 11m heel and 3mm low. Thats phenomenal! Long story short, Rick stated many times he is converting to a fade. He obviously wasn't swinging great on the 430, but yes, the 460 looks way more forgiving.
[/quote]

His dispersion and length with the LS TEC and the GBB are perfect (very tight and absolutely consistent).
This reminds me of the Benross or JPX850 ...goes half the time but sprays like a dog in heat.
I would take anyone on playing the 430.
The mistakes and just them constantly thinking about hitting this consistently would take them out of the rest of the game.
The shot pattern should be a lot better with this club considering the spin rates.
I do not see any benefit in regard to distance over the others.

I even took in account the fact that he is leaner, stronger, more flexible and more likely to pull left.

I do think the 460 version with the right shaft, right LA and the right position (not all the way forward) of the center weight should produce some good results.

[quote name='Ed Settle' timestamp='1441983886' post='12299178']
[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1441983202' post='12299102']
[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1441967834' post='12298184']
Saw somewhere there are 28 shaft options, I see three. What are the other models? Or are they just using the same three with flex options.
[/quote]

I counted 22 right now for the R15 and AB, not counting different weights....there is plenty on their custom site that should be no charge, like Speeder 6.0 and 7.0
[/quote]

This was posted in one of the other threads.

[attachment=2949910:image.jpg]
[/quote]
Nice thanks guys.

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

High handicapper 3 months deep in my latest obsession after 25+ year hiatus(played for a few years as a kid mainly driving range). Got my hands on this driver and just wanted to give it a go just to see how bad it was and I freaking loved it. Hated all previous Taylormades that I got my hand on in particular the r15 and SLDR drivers. Just didn't have a good positive feel with them, always had a harsh feeling to me. Coming off a ping g30 SFTEC and absolutely loved the thing. Felt completely different at impact than any other Taylormade and from my ping. The ping always feels good at impact but my drives seemed to lose oomph as it goes to its peak height where the M1 seemed to keep driving through on decent. More importantly though was how much more consistent my drives were in regards to dispersion. Nice thing was I was able to demo the GBB and my Ping back to back. Started with the M1 and then the GBB and Ping and thought that maybe it was a fluke so I went back to the M1 and it was still good. No launch monitor but felt and ball flight looked great (relatively for me). Went with the Fujikura Pro 60 which is a different shaft that the 63. It's weird cause i felt like I had a lower ball flight on the Fujikura than I did with the Kurokage. Regardless I don't really buy into hype or brand loyalty but when something feels good it feels good. Take it as a grain of salt just my personal experience from a newbie hack =)

[quote name='GolfyGolfy' timestamp='1442167274' post='12307912']
High handicapper 3 months deep in my latest obsession after 25+ year hiatus(played for a few years as a kid mainly driving range). Got my hands on this driver and just wanted to give it a go just to see how bad it was and I freaking loved it. Hated all previous Taylormades that I got my hand on in particular the r15 and SLDR drivers. Just didn't have a good positive feel with them, always had a harsh feeling to me. Coming off a ping g30 SFTEC and absolutely loved the thing. Felt completely different at impact than any other Taylormade and from my ping. The ping always feels good at impact but my drives seemed to lose oomph as it goes to its peak height where the M1 seemed to keep driving through on decent. More importantly though was how much more consistent my drives were in regards to dispersion. Nice thing was I was able to demo the GBB and my Ping back to back. Started with the M1 and then the GBB and Ping and thought that maybe it was a fluke so I went back to the M1 and it was still good. No launch monitor but felt and ball flight looked great (relatively for me). Went with the Fujikura Pro 60 which is a different shaft that the 63. It's weird cause i felt like I had a lower ball flight on the Fujikura than I did with the Kurokage. Regardless I don't really buy into hype or brand loyalty but when something feels good it feels good. Take it as a grain of salt just my personal experience from a newbie hack =)
[/quote]

So you going with the m1 over the other 2?

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

[quote name='2zlinks' timestamp='1441931384' post='12296580']
Thx Ed! Curious as to the head weight as well vs the SLDR. I would think that while the carbon will reduce weight they would just redistribute in the head as reducing it 10 grams (iir that was the weight reduction) would be very noticeable.
[/quote]
R15 is deffo lighter than the sldr, and the M1 is lighter again for sure!

[quote name='2zlinks' timestamp='1442177333' post='12308354']
I think the saved weight in the crown has been used in the add'l track on the sole. I'll bet the head weight is the same.
[/quote]

Makes sense. The other thing is going back to one weight in the front track. And hot melt port to adjust SW. I would like to see if two 8 or 10 gram weights would be too much. Spread apart would help forgiveness

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

[quote name='boycer11' timestamp='1442172825' post='12308154']
[/quote]

So you going with the m1 over the other 2?
[/quote]
Yes sir, getting rid of my Ping and put that towards the M1. I'm new and am going to go with what feels good...I know rookie maneuver. Live and learn

I've never been the biggest TM fan until the SLDR came out which has worked very well for me. Personally I think they have hit this release out of the park. I've alway been interested in their putter line with the black/ white color scheme but have the putter in my avatar so that isn't an option. Haha I think it is a great idea to bring that scheme to the driver market. Hybrid looks great too.

[quote name='Ed Settle' timestamp='1442178276' post='12308402']
I think the saved weight in the crown has been used in the add'l track on the sole. I'll bet the head weight is the same.
[/quote]

Makes sense. The other thing is going back to one weight in the front track. And hot melt port to adjust SW. I would like to see if two 8 or 10 gram weights would be too much. Spread apart would help forgiveness
[/quote]

The 430 head is lighter..confirmed with TMag.....
You will get used to it quick.

[quote name='Ed Settle' timestamp='1442178276' post='12308402']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just wait, that will be the M2

[quote name='TheLarch' timestamp='1441839290' post='12289916']
Quite an innovation......
[/quote]
Congratulations!!!
Your the 3 thousand 4 hundred and 17th person (this hour) to compare the m1 to the Callaway fusion).
Great job!
So creative. Guess you missed the 100k of similar comments before you.
Scrolling up a few posts is hard I understand.

I guess your the guy posting how much of a copycat Scotty is after every ripoff of a ping design.

Sheesh!

[/quote]

You are definitely on the right Forum! Two drivers in three months of play, good on you. Welcome to the fold!

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

[quote name='ZBigStick' timestamp='1442336105' post='12317104']
[/quote]

You are definitely on the right Forum! Two drivers in three months of play, good on you. Welcome to the fold!
[/quote]

Haha second set of irons too...and wedges well have a few+ of those as well. And all before I found the forum. Gonna get off of here soon though cause itll make you chase your tail... Ive already done that with surfboards, trying to find that magic board. Im happy with my irons, putter, fairway woods, and wedges, just needed to dial in a driver and call it good. Didnt give a s*** about any of the hype or videos until I actually hit the damn thing. I think im just frothing cause it feels like christmas this week. Cant wait to pick it up!

[quote name='BigHook25' timestamp='1442353918' post='12318594']
I can't wait to see how many used TM M1 drivers there will be on Ebay or used rack at any of the golf stores about 2 months after this is released. I'm not saying it won't be a good driver and work for some people, but you know many will buy thinking this is "revolutionary" and then be disappointed.
[/quote]

Do you just paste and copy this comment every year and plug in the new name because I see it every year. (Not a personal shot because I know it's not just you that post this comment every year) ....simple business.....the more new items you sell the more used items you will see at a later date good or bad.

[quote name='BigHook25' timestamp='1442353918' post='12318594']
I can't wait to see how many used TM M1 drivers there will be on Ebay or used rack at any of the golf stores about 2 months after this is released. I'm not saying it won't be a good driver and work for some people, but you know many will buy thinking this is "revolutionary" and then be disappointed.
[/quote]

And this bothers you because...?

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2