Mike Malaska - Getting the club in front of you. Made easy...

CrisPy3

I'm the snotty kid at the back of the class who raises his hand and says "Sir that's not correct, 1 + 1 can't equal 2 because 1 does not exist, its and imaginary object".

And i saw his vid where he says I don't want you to actually do it, its just that you try to do it to get your club in a "normal" position .

I'm the snotty kid at the back of the class who raises his hand and says "Sir that's not correct, 1 + 1 can't equal 2 because 1 does not exist, its and imaginary object".

And i saw his vid where he says I don't want you to actually do it, its just that you try to do it to get your club in a "normal" position .

Thanks for contributing

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Has anyone ordered his book? I got it as a Christmas present last year and I was surprised how big it was. It's nice in the sense that the photos look great in it. However the size of it doesn't make it easy to read on the go. The content in it is great don't get me wrong. It's just the size and weight of it is on the large side.

Has anyone ordered his book? I got it as a Christmas present last year and I was surprised how big it was. It's nice in the sense that the photos look great in it. However the size of it doesn't make it easy to read on the go. The content in it is great don't get me wrong. It's just the size and weight of it is on the large side.

I bought it and was greatly disappointed. Looks great, tough to read and seems all over the place. His videos are much more direct and informative IMO

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

I saw this thread and watched his videos and applied his concepts to my swing. My striking just keeps improving, so I bought his ebook and subscribed to his website. They both have great content.

Thanks for the link. Sure looks much the same to me. Duval even says like Mike that it is a feel or intention and that it may not actually happen but combined with the pivot it gets the club in the right place at the right time.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Take a look at these two videos. The split grip L To L drill he refers to is the "Hockey Drill" he mentions in another one of his videos. The second video is how the hands go in and the clubhead goes out. The L to L drill will teach you this and my practice sessions are pretty much nothing more than this drill and right arm only drills. My only thoughts revolve around levering and unlevering the swing using my right arm. Karate chop, axe chop, whatever you want to call it. It is very athletic and you can generate a lot of power.

Braid dead simple once you understand the concepts, but bringing the club down on the downswing with what seems like a wide open face (it isn't by the way) seems to make you want to try to close it and you will get big pulls.

BTW, I will also do L To L drills on one leg (flamingo drill). Split grip and right arm only. MIKE MALASKA is a genius if you ask me!! LOL!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6rdooTO1bnI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ig1w9JfmnFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

• 2 weeks later...

Now i think i get what people mean by "dropping the hands". Another video with the same student, he talks about dropping the hands along a line in front of you almost at your toes. That combined with this video, when i do the drill in the mirror my swing really looks on plane. even though the club feels outside/in from my first person perspective swinging the club.

Sim2 Max (9 Deg) w Hzrdous Smoke RDX 6.0 70g
-----------------------------
Sim2 Max 3 wood | Hzrdous Blue RDX 6.0
Sim2 Max 5 wood | Ventus Blue  

Titliest T 200 4 iron AMT Black S300
Titliest T150 5-PW AMT Black S300
TM P790 4-PW Modus 120s
TM MG2 54/58 wedges - Modus 130
SC Newport 2 / SC Phantom X 9.5

• 5 weeks later...

For me it really helped to learn how to strike the ball with more of an arm movement first, then learn how to incorporate the body hip turn etc into it. Otherwise it's really hard to understand what the body turn is supposed to do to a proper arm swing, although the two are not the same. A lower body driven swing is much more automatic to me. The problem I had with MM's swing is that I didn't realize I was getting disconnected. I was getting the momentum but my arms were disconnected, although it was still helpful to learn to use the momentum as that's the basis for any swing.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

I think this might be a cure for those of us that are pulling on the handle. I didn't really know what pulling the handle meant until I tried this drill or intent. It's very subtle, but I believe now that I've always have been pulling the handle and that this intent he's talking about helped me stop it. Somehow, after a couple of range sessions using this drill in the beginning, I'm starting to really smash the ball confidently with great compression and contact. And as a bonus, I think I'm more open at impact now as well. It just seems to work great for me, from SW to 3-wood. (haven't hit driver yet after trying this).

I believe now that pulling the handle is a huge swing flaw that makes it tougher to square up the club face without becoming steep. When pulling the handle it's as if the subconscious mind knows there's a problem with squaring up and doesn't really give a green light to swing freely through the ball. I've been patching this with a shut face in my backswing and almost bowing my lead wrist. But now I don't need any of that it seems. I can just go after it... Hope the golf gods don't take this away from me, feel like I've made a significant improvement to my swing the last week due to this.

Don't know why, but I seem to be more open at impact now too. I think this helps with accuracy, as there's less clubface rotation in the impact zone. Less flipping, more pivot. Possibly shaft lean as well. I'm getting all excited thinking about it :)

David Duval and tiger 2000 are perfect examples of this invisible feel that MM I is talking about... Here is tiger woods talking about it as well when he was at his best... Oh by the way, MM gets gives all the credit to Jack for this technique... So if it's good enough for the two best golfers to ever set for in this planet then... You know the answer

David Duval and tiger 2000 are perfect examples of this invisible feel that MM I is talking about... Here is tiger woods talking about it as well when he was at his best... Oh by the way, MM gets gives all the credit to Jack for this technique... So if it's good enough for the two best golfers to ever set for in this planet then... You know the answer

Why David duval? I thought he talked about releasing the right hand early

• 1 month later...

Why David duval? I thought he talked about releasing the right hand early

yes that is exactly what Mike is telling you. A golfer can't release early enough... Although you can have huge debates on what actually a release is...

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the Malaska method for wedges, irons, hybrids and 3 wood but struggling with the driver, everything is high toe, any tips?

Just a guess and take it for who I am, you might want to feel the heel end of the clubhead out more when the hands are going down. If I start pulling/hooking it using this feel it helps to feel the heel out more. If you start missing on the other end (heel) then I would say still do heel out, but get handle moving inward more towards the right hip. I also found that you can play around with how far in the handle goes to alter curvature and starting direction. These are only a peer's experience, I'm not an instructor.
In search of solid contact...