True Temper X7

KPH808

Sorry if this has been already covered, but has anyone tried both X7 and Modus Tour 130? I'm after a heavy and consistent shaft, not necessary stiffer shaft. I would very appreciate if anyone can share their experience between two.

I have played everything at this point (sans graphite) and these are by far the most consistent shafts I've ever played and by far the best shaft TT has made. I soft stepped them and they are perfect. have had 5 people get them after hitting mine. They shallow out the head and strikes thru the ball and doesn't dig. Unlike the X100 they don't have a tendency to "get stiff" or dig. My proximity ( no I don't measure just eyesight) is better and my GIR is up 1.3 greens per round. that is huge. Don't be afraid to play around with soft stepping or straight in. Heavy, consistent.

Sorry if this has been already covered, but has anyone tried both X7 and Modus Tour 130? I'm after a heavy and consistent shaft, not necessary stiffer shaft. I would very appreciate if anyone can share their experience between two.

I have played everything at this point (sans graphite) and these are by far the most consistent shafts I've ever played and by far the best shaft TT has made. I soft stepped them and they are perfect. have had 5 people get them after hitting mine. They shallow out the head and strikes thru the ball and doesn't dig. Unlike the X100 they don't have a tendency to "get stiff" or dig. My proximity ( no I don't measure just eyesight) is better and my GIR is up 1.3 greens per round. that is huge. Don't be afraid to play around with soft stepping or straight in. Heavy, consistent.

The weight is great on these. It cracks me up everytime I see people talking about being unable to swing them after 18 holes. Go to the gym, ya pansy!

The weight helps keep my swing on plane. I hate lightweight equipment.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

The weight is great on these. It cracks me up everytime I see people talking about being unable to swing them after 18 holes. Go to the gym, ya pansy!

I am in the same boat. I love weightier shafts for this reason. Also why I hate taking caddies. No matter how much I empty my bag, it's still heavy and they always comment on it. When I walk and carry my bag, it's how I like it. I actually feel like I'm getting exercise.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

Arent the X7's just a 132g? Thats only 2 more grams than the x-100. Or is the balance point different so that they swingweight heavier?

TSi3  10* Tour AD VR 7x

TSr2+ 14.5* Tour AD DI 9x

TSi3 20* Hybrid Tour AD DI 115tx

u500 4, t100 5-PW, GW Dynamic Gold x100

SM8 54s, 60d Dynamic Gold s400

Scotty Classic Newport 

Arent the X7's just a 132g? Thats only 2 more grams than the x-100. Or is the balance point different so that they swingweight heavier?

Correct. 132g. People are just weak. :bb:

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

Correct. 132g. People are just weak. :bb:

Bring back 90g driver shafts!!! :pimp:

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

^^^^^^^ YES! I'm playing 120g in my 850 at the moment... Good GOD, I'm handsome.

I still have one Speeder 1061-XXX flex new and uncut incase I feel the need to be manly in the driver again... :)

I still have one Speeder 1061-XXX flex new and uncut incase I feel the need to be manly in the driver again... :)

I'm going to google that bc I have no clue what the hell that shaft is, I might have to cover my eyes

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

I'm going to google that bc I have no clue what the hell that shaft is, I might have to cover my eyes

Retail version of the TGW-02-W prototype. 116g, 1.5 torque, bendpoint just under the right hand. I used to use the 1061-XX for fairway shafts. This is one of only two 1061-XXX shafts that I've ever seen.

I believe I acquired one from you years back for a Sonartec 3 wood, man that thing was stable. Had a fuji sapphire in a 425tp too

edit, that was the xx not the triple

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

I believe I acquired one from you years back for a Sonartec 3 wood, man that thing was stable. Had a fuji sapphire in a 425tp too

edit, that was the xx not the triple

Ah, the Fuji Sapphire. One of my all time favorite shafts ever. Had one in a BBD Type-H Proto but sold it because it was as long as my driver.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

What's your driver and 6 iron swing speed?

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

Thank you very much for the feedback!! I should definitely give a shot.

They are not fast. My driver is around 103-105 and my 6 iron is around 88-90. Would this be enough for X7 soft stepped once? I currently have KBS Tour 130X soft steeped, which I find to be perfect in terms of flex in relative to my swing speed.

My Driver swing speed is 110-112 on the money every time. No clue on 6 iron but I fly it 180 dead on off the turf.

I think anyone that plays X100's comfortably can use these with some variation of soft stepping or tipping etc. The ball comes off much more piercing and consistent than any other shaft. Also They don't feel as boardy and stiff. Don't get fooled by the smooth feeling. if you don't have them in properly fitted they will not release or you will hit them high and spinny on the low irons with a pull, of just dead right on an angle with long irons. If you can play the 130x soft stepped I am sure you can try these soft stepped. A lot of this depends on how you load a shaft as well. I have a good amount of lag and I can hold the load if that makes sense.

My Driver swing speed is 110-112 on the money every time. No clue on 6 iron but I fly it 180 dead on off the turf.

I think anyone that plays X100's comfortably can use these with some variation of soft stepping or tipping etc. The ball comes off much more piercing and consistent than any other shaft. Also They don't feel as boardy and stiff. Don't get fooled by the smooth feeling. if you don't have them in properly fitted they will not release or you will hit them high and spinny on the low irons with a pull, of just dead right on an angle with long irons. If you can play the 130x soft stepped I am sure you can try these soft stepped. A lot of this depends on how you load a shaft as well. I have a good amount of lag and I can hold the load if that makes sense.

Thanks again. I know I can use more lags but I think I do generate sufficient amount of laga so I should definitely give X7 a try. I was longing for new shafts for my blades some time alrady.

They are not fast. My driver is around 103-105 and my 6 iron is around 88-90. Would this be enough for X7 soft stepped once? I currently have KBS Tour 130X soft steeped, which I find to be perfect in terms of flex in relative to my swing speed.

88-90 ss is gonna need a VERY hard transition to get X7 to work for them. KBS tour is a extremely different animal to X7. Back when I was getting fit, I thought KBS tour X felt like a wet noodle. Maybe soft stepped X7 will work for you but I think that's alot of shaft for a 90mph SS with a 6i. To keep it in perspective, my 6i SS is similar to your drivers. Whatever you decide, good luck my friend.

Driver- Taylormade M2 10.5* set open 3* playing at 9* W/ Hzrdus Black 75X 44"
Fairway Metal- TEE XCG7 13* W/ Matrix Black Tie 7M3 X 42"
Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron W/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course and conditions)
Irons- Tour Issue Mizuno FliHi 3i with Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 465ct X
Ben Hogan PTx irons 23*-47* in 4* increments w/ PX 6.5 painted black
Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set. 50*, 56* bent to 54* and 58* w/ rifle spinner shafts
Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- ProV1X
Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

88-90 ss is gonna need a VERY hard transition to get X7 to work for them. KBS tour is a extremely different animal to X7. Back when I was getting fit, I thought KBS tour X felt like a wet noodle. Maybe soft stepped X7 will work for you but I think that's alot of shaft for a 90mph SS with a 6i. To keep it in perspective, my 6i SS is similar to your drivers. Whatever you decide, good luck my friend.

Thanks for chiming in. That's what I was most concerned about. I looked around a few places but I could not find any place around me who had a X7 shaft for a demo. I need to re-shaft my irons soon, but at the moment S400 looks like the safer option. Thanks!

how I figured it out was I got lucky honestly. 10 years ago someone was pedaling one 5 iron shaft on another website not to be named and I said wth...I bought it for like $40. I held onto it for years. about 3-4 years ago I softstepped into a 7 iron ( double soft stepped) and never really payed much attention to it. long story short on a whim I took it out to the trackman and spent an hour going thru different shafts and this one was actually the one that worked the best and was slightly every so slightly not stiff enough. I know I have talked about the weight of these and they are only 2 grams heavier than X-100's but what I think makes them feel "heavy" or "heavier" is the fact the butt diameter is a little thicker than X-100's and it feels beefier in your hands. It is also due to the different kickpoint in these shafts versus the X-100s that make them feel heavier but smoother. What the best part of the equation for me is that I have lost the left side of the green with these or the tendency to over draw one. Especially with my long irons. On the flip side of this equation, I have never once found a KBS shaft that I liked. none. not one. I can't compare the two for you. I felt like the C tapers were too boardy and not responsive enough. I had only found success with project X shafts but like all golfers I felt like I needed something different and something new. I wasn't able to work the shots like I had once use to do or maybe the shafts were "dead"...hell I don't even know if that is possible for a shaft to lose it's ability to react.

Thanks for chiming in. That's what I was most concerned about. I looked around a few places but I could not find any place around me who had a X7 shaft for a demo. I need to re-shaft my irons soon, but at the moment S400 looks like the safer option. Thanks!

Anytime.

I prolly should unload the 2-pw set I have but I want to wait until my New Hogans come in before I do anything I may regret.

Driver- Taylormade M2 10.5* set open 3* playing at 9* W/ Hzrdus Black 75X 44"
Fairway Metal- TEE XCG7 13* W/ Matrix Black Tie 7M3 X 42"
Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron W/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course and conditions)
Irons- Tour Issue Mizuno FliHi 3i with Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 465ct X
Ben Hogan PTx irons 23*-47* in 4* increments w/ PX 6.5 painted black
Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set. 50*, 56* bent to 54* and 58* w/ rifle spinner shafts
Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- ProV1X
Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Anytime.

I prolly should unload the 2-pw set I have but I want to wait until my New Hogans come in before I do anything I may regret.

Please let me know if you decide to unload.

I have tried these and they are way too strong for 99.9% of the guys on this site. I have 119 mph club head speed with the driver. I actually lost distance with this shaft. I think most guys need to understand this before wasting their money.

Driver: Callaway Paradigm 9.0+ Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
3 Wood: Titleist trs3 15* Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
5 Wood: Titleist trs3 18* Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Irons: Taylormade P790 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5 
Wedge: Vokey SM9 50, 54, 60 DG S400  
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

I have tried these and they are way too strong for 99.9% of the guys on this site. I have 119 mph club head speed with the driver. I actually lost distance with this shaft. I think most guys need to understand this before wasting their money.

I agree that there is a VERY limited market for these. That said, they aren't going to increase distance for a lot of folks that they are a fit for. They're meant to tighten up dispersion, reduce launch and spin. So while you lost distance, how'd your accuracy do?

I agree that there is a VERY limited market for these. That said, they aren't going to increase distance for a lot of folks that they are a fit for. They're meant to tighten up dispersion, reduce launch and spin. So while you lost distance, how'd your accuracy do?

To be honest I can't remember which makes me think there wasn't.

Driver: Callaway Paradigm 9.0+ Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
3 Wood: Titleist trs3 15* Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
5 Wood: Titleist trs3 18* Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Irons: Taylormade P790 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5 
Wedge: Vokey SM9 50, 54, 60 DG S400  
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

agreed. My decision to try these had zero to do with distance. holy hell that is the last thing I need. lower flight and tighter patterns were what I was after. it has helped tremendously. on a whim to make sure things always seem as normal I will switch to X-100's for a few rounds and then I swear the moment I go back to the Xseven shaft I can see that it was the right choice. As for having a fast enough swing, many things need to be considered when selecting a shaft. Speed is one component. I tend to play fairly stiff shafts in my irons and stiff but not overly boardy driver shafts. I agree that more than 99% of any golfers or this site would not be happy trying to put these in play. With that said they have a larger "Range" of fit than most realize with soft stepping hard stepping tipping, etc. Like I said previously these are smooooooth shafts but DON'T be fooled into thinking these are soft. They can get real hard to hit if you don't put them in right.

***when I say switch shafts I mean to a full set. I don't install and uninstall then reinstall like that. man that would be a task

This is a shaft if you are launching X-100 too high or spinning it too much. It's a solid step above X-100. This is not like going from S-300 to S-400. If you are not able to balloon X-100 or hit moon shots with them, I'd stay away.

If you want to have the "manly" label, try Nippon Modus3 120 TX. Even the S-400 players I know can handle them.

I've loved these since the first set I tried back around 2005. They lower the launch felt much better than trying to double hardstep X-100, which still resulted in softer short irons. I play X7 in wedges and do not have spin issues. They allow me to take as hard or as soft of a swing as I want and be able to hit shots with control. For those that fit into them, there is nothing better. But they were definitely designed for a very small percentage of golfers.

I have a set on sale in the BST if anyone is interested. Heads are tour issue RSI TPs. Pretty much a Jason Day replica. I loved these but I've been so busy with tournaments that I can't seem to put them into play quite yet and I'd rather see them go to a good home!

TM SIM - KuroKage 60XTX
TM SIM 15 - Blueboard 83X
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3 Iron - PXI 6.5
Srixon Z745 4,5 - Dynamic Gold x100

Callaway Apex Raw 6-PW - Dynamic Gold x100
Titleist SM8 - 52, 56, 60 - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Style 350 Newport 2