2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bandon Winter/Spring Reviews - When did you stop raining so much Oregon?

duffer987

Ah, the greens, thank you I'd forgotten. We played the Preserve our first morning, and I couldn't get a putt to the hole, which was probably terrible preparation for Pacific. After the Preserve, Pacific played lightning fast for me. On the first hole I had a 15 footer uphill and thought I put a conservative stroke on it and ran it 6 feet by. They weren't lightning fast, but they got away from you quickly if your pace was off. There are certain greens complexes that I tend to struggle with, and Pacific has those. Every putt has some sort of undulation change, and often both uphill and downhill come into play on the same putt. I like quick greens but these felt like I had to lag every putt outside 6 feet to be safe. Trails had great greens for what I like, plenty of break but more straightforward than the typical Doak style, if that makes sense. They rolled pretty true and just about the right speed, neither too fast nor too slow, perfect for being aggressive if you wanted. Bandon's greens were pretty good but you could see the poa taking hold and some moss in a couple of spots. A little more bumpy than the rest but again pretty straightforward despite plenty of break. Greens on all courses were firm in receiving shots. The quick checking chip does not play out there.

All the greens I found to be pretty good considering where they are. If I were a country club guy or a greens snob I might give them something of a side eye here and there, but I found them to be perfectly playable and I was simply too happy being there to consider it a negative.

I play greens that are pretty quick most of the year, but I've always aspired to have a low handicap that I can play to everywhere. If I can't adjust to the green speed I take full credit. I think it seems foolish to go to a links style course, play it in reasonably good weather, and complain about the speed of the greens. If you're out there in a squall do you really want them to run at an 11 so you can't finish your round? I aspire to be the first group out at one of the Bandon courses this winter to really see how bumpy they are after being mowed. I've never taken issue with them, but there's not a lot to compare them to.... in this region we only have a limited number of true links courses that aren't on that property. Having just come from Pebble Beach and Chambers Bay in the last few weeks, I'd say they the two links courses at Bandon I've played, PB, and CB are all commiserate as west coast links putting surfaces. Oh, and Pacific Grove, too.

No offense, but I think you're reading too much into what I said or a choice of words that wasn't quite to your liking. I'm on cloud 9 right now from this trip but I guess I need to be called out somehow. Maybe it came off differently but I wasn't complaining or upset at all, just commenting on how I couldn't find the speed at Pacific; I was flummoxed. I stated they were fast in comparison to the Preserve, opposite ends of the spetrum for the resort IMO. An unless I missed it, Pacific doesn't have its own putting green aside from the Punchbowl, which isn't exactly a traditional putting green for dialing in your speed before the round, so I was adjusting as I went. Much like you say about yourself, I take full ownership of that and I thought I conveyed that pretty well stating that I struggle with those kinds of greens complexes but perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully so to not be a fool in your eyes. Nothing of what I wrote was meant to be a criticism at all, just replying to a question as it's been a topic many have chimed in on in this thread; in fact I thought I was being more complimentary than a lot of the comments I've read in the past few months leading up to this trip, comments like greens playing slow or being sandy and bumpy. They were none of those, all I said was that I saw more poa on Bandon Dunes' greens and that made them a little more bumpy. In my experience that's just what poa does, if saying that is some sort of insult that was not the intention. All I was trying to say is that they were perfectly fine, but every time you say something like that somebody with different standards comes along and questions you.

Ah, the greens, thank you I'd forgotten. We played the Preserve our first morning, and I couldn't get a putt to the hole, which was probably terrible preparation for Pacific. After the Preserve, Pacific played lightning fast for me. On the first hole I had a 15 footer uphill and thought I put a conservative stroke on it and ran it 6 feet by. They weren't lightning fast, but they got away from you quickly if your pace was off. There are certain greens complexes that I tend to struggle with, and Pacific has those. Every putt has some sort of undulation change, and often both uphill and downhill come into play on the same putt. I like quick greens but these felt like I had to lag every putt outside 6 feet to be safe. Trails had great greens for what I like, plenty of break but more straightforward than the typical Doak style, if that makes sense. They rolled pretty true and just about the right speed, neither too fast nor too slow, perfect for being aggressive if you wanted. Bandon's greens were pretty good but you could see the poa taking hold and some moss in a couple of spots. A little more bumpy than the rest but again pretty straightforward despite plenty of break. Greens on all courses were firm in receiving shots. The quick checking chip does not play out there.

All the greens I found to be pretty good considering where they are. If I were a country club guy or a greens snob I might give them something of a side eye here and there, but I found them to be perfectly playable and I was simply too happy being there to consider it a negative.

Just noticed the other question, yes there were nets down on maybe 5-10 holes throughout the weekend. I don't recall seeing any on Bandon Dunes, but there were a few spots on Trails and Pacific Dunes that were clearly heavily found collection areas that they were trying to keep from getting over-used.

Thanks for the info :)

It can be tricky between the different courses to suss out the pace. And as you say the slopes really make a big difference, as far as whether it's a nudge or a proper thump.

One year - I've forgotten which - Pacific greens were poor to the point of golfers at the resort bringing it up unsolicited in conversation, but otherwise they've been fine, especially when it's late November.

Now of course the question becomes when can you get back again, ha? ;)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Leave for Bandon in 10 days. Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated!

1st trip

Finished reading dream golf a few weeks ago

Going as a single. My friends didn’t want to spend the $

Staying at lily pond

Changed Sunday night hotel & rental to 75% points/25% cash to save $220. In turn I switched from a caddy on 2 rounds to all 4. Should be single bag. I’m happy to tip a lil more. )$120/ round or $220/day?

No dinner reservations. Going as a single & it’s thanksgiving weekend. Reservations said the resort shouldn’t be crazy busy

Thurs:

Nonstop to eugene

Drive to Bandon

Thanksgiving dinner at the resort?

Friday:

Old Mac 8 am

Sheep ranch 2pm

Sat:

Bandon Dunes am

Trails pm

Sun:

Pacific Dunes am

Sunday afternoon is free. Options are don’t play if I’m tired, preserve, shortys or pick my fav from the 4 championship courses to replay

Sun pm:drive to eugene

Mom am: fly home

Rain/cold gear bought:

2 Long Johns (i Don’t have a ton of golf pants, i live in az wear shorts most of the year). Might just wear Long Johns & rain pants?

Blister pads

Kirtland wool socks

One cheap rain suit from amazon

One good foot joy rain jacket

3 regular but comfortable worn in golf shoes (not waterproof)

Winter hat

Plan on buying hand warmers at a pro shop there

Recommendations on what to do in the evenings besides? Sunset is around 445pm. I may have a beer or 2 but I’m not a drinker

I’ve been trying to hike & walk my rounds to prep

Is the meatloaf at McKee’s beef or pork?

How far of a walk is the labyrinth from lily pond? Sounds cool

Address for sheep ranch? Not on google maps lol

Should i book any dinner reservations?

Suggests for Sunday afternoon?

Any caddies that specifically know more about the architecture of the courses?

Very excited to see how I’ll rank the courses

My guess:

Old Mac: I’m into crazy greens, architecture & template holes

Trails:sounds like it’s the consensus #1 on this forum, I’m kind of Love/hate with the coore Crenshaw courses I’ve played

Pacific: ranked so high, doak, on the ocean

Dunes: really execited to play my 1st DMK design

You will love it, going by yourself is a treat. On your way in drive past the resort and stop in to the grocery store and buy some basics.

Bring swim trunks, enjoy the jacuzzi.

I would recommend spending the money and finding some gore-Tex outerwear. Look online for sales, it will last you years. Also maybe look into a pair of water proof / resistant shoes. And ALWAYS change socks between rounds.

For your hands I like the nfl style hand warmers, the ones that look like fanny packs, you can get them for $20. Throw in those little packets and your hands are golden.

2 pairs of rain gloves.

Use the fireplace to dry your stuff overnight, including your bag and club grips.

EDIT... Take in the tranquility of Trails. Makes me feel like that was how golf was truly intended.

You will love it, going by yourself is a treat. On your way in drive past the resort and stop in to the grocery store and buy some basics.

Bring swim trunks, enjoy the jacuzzi.

I would recommend spending the money and finding some gore-Tex outerwear. Look online for sales, it will last you years. Also maybe look into a pair of water proof / resistant shoes. And ALWAYS change socks between rounds.

For your hands I like the nfl style hand warmers, the ones that look like fanny packs, you can get them for $20. Throw in those little packets and your hands are golden.

2 pairs of rain gloves.

Use the fireplace to dry your stuff overnight, including your bag and club grips.

EDIT... Take in the tranquility of Trails. Makes me feel like that was how golf was truly intended.

I bought a very good FJ waterproof jacket. Good call on the fireplace & Hot tub. Are rain gloves & nfl have warmers essential? I live in Phoenix. Gotta look and see if I have winter gloves I’m saving on greens fees & lodging by going in nov but I don’t want to spend a lot of $ on stuff I’ll never use again. It’s rained here for about 10 secs the last 80 days ha

I play greens that are pretty quick most of the year, but I've always aspired to have a low handicap that I can play to everywhere. If I can't adjust to the green speed I take full credit. I think it seems foolish to go to a links style course, play it in reasonably good weather, and complain about the speed of the greens. If you're out there in a squall do you really want them to run at an 11 so you can't finish your round? I aspire to be the first group out at one of the Bandon courses this winter to really see how bumpy they are after being mowed. I've never taken issue with them, but there's not a lot to compare them to.... in this region we only have a limited number of true links courses that aren't on that property. Having just come from Pebble Beach and Chambers Bay in the last few weeks, I'd say they the two links courses at Bandon I've played, PB, and CB are all commiserate as west coast links putting surfaces. Oh, and Pacific Grove, too.

No offense, but I think you're reading too much into what I said or a choice of words that wasn't quite to your liking. I'm on cloud 9 right now from this trip but I guess I need to be called out somehow. Maybe it came off differently but I wasn't complaining or upset at all, just commenting on how I couldn't find the speed at Pacific; I was flummoxed. I stated they were fast in comparison to the Preserve, opposite ends of the spetrum for the resort IMO. An unless I missed it, Pacific doesn't have its own putting green aside from the Punchbowl, which isn't exactly a traditional putting green for dialing in your speed before the round, so I was adjusting as I went. Much like you say about yourself, I take full ownership of that and I thought I conveyed that pretty well stating that I struggle with those kinds of greens complexes but perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully so to not be a fool in your eyes. Nothing of what I wrote was meant to be a criticism at all, just replying to a question as it's been a topic many have chimed in on in this thread; in fact I thought I was being more complimentary than a lot of the comments I've read in the past few months leading up to this trip, comments like greens playing slow or being sandy and bumpy. They were none of those, all I said was that I saw more poa on Bandon Dunes' greens and that made them a little more bumpy. In my experience that's just what poa does, if saying that is some sort of insult that was not the intention. All I was trying to say is that they were perfectly fine, but every time you say something like that somebody with different standards comes along and questions you.

I wasn't intending to criticize you. I was more pontificating on what has become a common complaint in these Bandon threads. I think the courses at the resort are difficult to score on and it's easy to blame a few putts and the greens.

+1 on mallrat's suggestions.

Going as a single is fantastic. You almost don't need to make a tee time, especially this time of year. You may want to check to see if you can switch to a room in the Lodge, if for no other reason than you can ride the elevator down to the jacuzzi in your bathrobe.

The Labyrinth is probably a half mile total from the Lodge. It's a nice walk, worth the effort.

Depending on your arrival time, you may have time to play the Preserve or Shorty's after you get there. Eugene is 2.5 hours to the resort.

I wouldn't think of going out in winter without a set of handwarmers in my jacket pockets, especially if it's raining. Rain gloves offer zero insulation. You should be fine with long johns under rain pants.

You can spend your evenings posting daily trip reports, so the rest of us can get revved up for our trips later in the winter....

"take that, you miserable little white swine!"

@BUCKEYE - what Spud and Mallrat said, although for me personally I do not like the hand warmers as they dry out my delicate palmolive hands, which for me is way worse than just being a tad cold. Bring some mitts or since you have a caddy, just keep them in your pocket between shots. I bring my Clicgear winter mitts.

It's easy enough to pop up to Coos Bay to check out a movie and definitely get into Bandon town one night or drive down to Port Orford at eat at Redfish, the owner is one of Bandon's rare members.

Also stop in Florence for a Dutch Bros coffee on the way - not that it's super awesome or anything, but you got to sample the regional services.

It'd likely be 6pm-ish when you get to the resort, so just grabbing dinner at the Gallery or pop your head into the restaurant.

If the weather is nice Sunday afternoon, definitely definitely definitely get back out for an afternoon round. It'll likely be pretty quiet as people start heading home after their morning round. When I used to live in Oakland and drove there and would play in the afternoon, I always found getaway day afternoon (either Thanksgiving Sunday or Presidents Day Monday) the quietest time of the trip.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert after just one trip, but I will suggest purchasing a Goretex rain jacket and/or pants. I know you say your FJ one is very good, but if you get caught in a solid rain the FJ might just fail you after a while. If you end up not needing it you can always sell it. Buy Footjoy rain gloves, the more wet they get the better they grip, an absolute must in the rain. Get true waterproof shoes. I saw very little rain while I was there but there was some overnight and a few times the courses were wet in spots, you'd hate to have non waterproof shoes have water seep in. If it looks like rain will be an issue, get the rain hat from the pro shop, it's specially made to be longer in the back so water doesn't flow off into your top or jacket.

Have fun.

@BUCKEYE - what Spud and Mallrat said, although for me personally I do not like the hand warmers as they dry out my delicate palmolive hands, which for me is way worse than just being a tad cold. Bring some mitts or since you have a caddy, just keep them in your pocket between shots. I bring my Clicgear winter mitts.

It's easy enough to pop up to Coos Bay to check out a movie and definitely get into Bandon town one night or drive down to Port Orford at eat at Redfish, the owner is one of Bandon's rare members.

Also stop in Florence for a Dutch Bros coffee on the way - not that it's super awesome or anything, but you got to sample the regional services.

It'd likely be 6pm-ish when you get to the resort, so just grabbing dinner at the Gallery or pop your head into the restaurant.

If the weather is nice Sunday afternoon, definitely definitely definitely get back out for an afternoon round. It'll likely be pretty quiet as people start heading home after their morning round. When I used to live in Oakland and drove there and would play in the afternoon, I always found getaway day afternoon (either Thanksgiving Sunday or Probably esidents Day Monday) the quietest time of the trip.

Thx!

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert after just one trip, but I will suggest purchasing a Goretex rain jacket and/or pants. I know you say your FJ one is very good, but if you get caught in a solid rain the FJ might just fail you after a while. If you end up not needing it you can always sell it. Buy Footjoy rain gloves, the more wet they get the better they grip, an absolute must in the rain. Get true waterproof shoes. I saw very little rain while I was there but there was some overnight and a few times the courses were wet in spots, you'd hate to have non waterproof shoes have water seep in. If it looks like rain will be an issue, get the rain hat from the pro shop, it's specially made to be longer in the back so water doesn't flow off into your top or jacket.

Have fun.

Thanks. Is it a waterproof bucket hat? Should i but those little hand warmers in advance or just at the resort? Flying allegiant gotta watch my checked bag weight. Max is 40 lbs/bag instead of the typical

50lbs on southwest

Went to a couple golf stores here in Scottsdale. Nobody sells waterproof shoes lol. Any suggestions to buy waterproof, spikeless shoes online for around $80 or less? Also need them to deliver b4 thanksgiving.

What’s ur fav course? I can play 1 course 2x.

Have fun.

Thanks. Is it a waterproof bucket hat? Should i but those little hand warmers in advance or just at the resort? Flying allegiant gotta watch my checked bag weight. Max is 40 lbs/bag instead of the typical

50lbs on southwest

Went to a couple golf stores here in Scottsdale. Nobody sells waterproof shoes lol. Any suggestions to buy waterproof, spikeless shoes online for around $80 or less? Also need them to deliver b4 thanksgiving.

What's ur fav course? I can play 1 course 2x.

Go to REI and buy some waterproofing spray and spray the crap out of them. I wear Footjoy Contour Casuals (the older ones) and just spray 'em. In a down pour the feet are getting wet, but in showers they will be fine. You can get the hand dealies there too.

If you don't get around to it before you go, The Cobblers Bench in Bandon Town sells spray.

I used to fly Allegiant when I lived on the West Coast, such a joy they make things. Good luck ;)

F.T.

If flying into Eugene, look up and stop into Fiddlers Green. Probably the best golf shop in the region and seems to have some good deals on shoes.

EDIT... Remember it’s better to bring too much rain/cold weather gear than to need to buy it at the resort. Needing to pick up something at the resort will cost you 3x as much. Also anything you pick up at Fiddlers you can ship back home from the resort.

50lbs on southwest

Yes, hat is waterproof bucket hat. I got one with the Preserve logo on it. I think it's available in all the shops.

Shoes, just find somebody online. I wore Ashworth Cardiffs and Footjoy MProjects, nice walking shoes but nothing too pricey in case they got wrecked in rain and mud.

No idea on hand warmers, they weren't necessary for me but going there was a warmup compared to what I'm used to, not the same for you. I will say the Pacific climate and dampness made the temps feel warmer than they actually read, if that makes any sense. Guys playing in shorts in 50 degree temps.

Are you sending your clubs on the plane? Otherwise you can sneak some extra stuff in with your bag if you're shipping via shipsticks or something.

As to the course, I'll leave that up to you and what you want to play. I liked Bandon Dunes the best, Trails second and Pacific third, but if I had to play another again I'd want another shot at Pacific as I found that one to be a little more tricky where experience would help.

Rain/cold gear bought:

2 Long Johns (i Don't have a ton of golf pants, i live in az wear shorts most of the year). Might just wear Long Johns & rain pants?

Blister pads

Kirtland wool socks

Winter hat

I know you are from Phoenix so you do not need rain gear on a regular basis but you should really invest in a good set of Gore Tex jacket and pants.

You will be absolutely miserable if you are caught in the rain there. It is not just only the rain but the wind driving the rain sideways.

I am from Vancouver so I am an expert in playing in the rain !!!!

This is my favourite rain gear - Galvin Green

http://www.galvingreen.com/mens-collection

I have two sets and they keep me very dry.

It may be hard for you to find locally.

If you cannot get them locally Bandon sells Adidas Gore Tex rain gear.

I know this is a contentious issue but IMHO Gore Tex is the only way to go.

I have purchased in excess of 30 rain jackets over the last 20 years and you have to spend the $$$ to get Gore Tex.

If you're trying to minimize additional spending, here's how I'd prioritize things..............1) speedo for the hot tub, trunks are for sissies. 2) footjoy rain gloves, $20 a pair 3) water proof shoes, spikeless on closeout for $70 or less 4) bucket hat from resort if necessary 5) buy a few sets of hand warmers now, will save you a few bucks and they're nice for the mornings

If you're like the obsessed (those who have responded, myself included), you'd have two $700+ gore tex suits, Nike Bandon shoes, a sun mountain H2No water proof bag. and a flask full of whiskey. :)

G400 LST 8.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 14.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 19, 22, Tour 85 stiff
T100s, 5-gw, AMT White S200
Vokey, SM7, 54S, 58M
Never Compromise Portofino

Rain/cold gear bought:

2 Long Johns (i Don't have a ton of golf pants, i live in az wear shorts most of the year). Might just wear Long Johns & rain pants?

Blister pads

Kirtland wool socks

Winter hat

I know you are from Phoenix so you do not need rain gear on a regular basis but you should really invest in a good set of Gore Tex jacket and pants.

You will be absolutely miserable if you are caught in the rain there. It is not just only the rain but the wind driving the rain sideways.

I am from Vancouver so I am an expert in playing in the rain !!!!

This is my favourite rain gear - Galvin Green

http://www.galvingre...mens-collection

I have two sets and they keep me very dry.

It may be hard for you to find locally.

If you cannot get them locally Bandon sells Adidas Gore Tex rain gear.

I know this is a contentious issue but IMHO Gore Tex is the only way to go.

I have purchased in excess of 30 rain jackets over the last 20 years and you have to spend the $$$ to get Gore Tex.

When I was at Bandon earlier in the month there was Galvin Green gear at the Old Mac pro shop.

Ping G410 - Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff
915F 3w
913H (19) - Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY
Titleist AP3 4-PW - Project X 6.5
Vokey SM7 (48, 54 & 60)
Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 (2012)

50lbs on southwest

Yes, hat is waterproof bucket hat. I got one with the Preserve logo on it. I think it's available in all the shops.

Shoes, just find somebody online. I wore Ashworth Cardiffs and Footjoy MProjects, nice walking shoes but nothing too pricey in case they got wrecked in rain and mud.

No idea on hand warmers, they weren't necessary for me but going there was a warmup compared to what I'm used to, not the same for you. I will say the Pacific climate and dampness made the temps feel warmer than they actually read, if that makes any sense. Guys playing in shorts in 50 degree temps.

Are you sending your clubs on the plane? Otherwise you can sneak some extra stuff in with your bag if you're shipping via shipsticks or something.

As to the course, I'll leave that up to you and what you want to play. I liked Bandon Dunes the best, Trails second and Pacific third, but if I had to play another again I'd want another shot at Pacific as I found that one to be a little more tricky where experience would help.

Oh I can't wait to see the bucket hat. You never, ever, will be able to give me grief about being an old man!

And what's wrong with shorts at 50 degrees???

I only wear my bucket hat at Bandon.

Though it does look better than most bucket hats, as the brim is longer. Almost like a Greg Norman style hat, but waterproof and black.

But it's still a bucket hat....

The Bucket Hat is the best!

post-113894-14171358349509_thumb.jpg

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

If you're trying to minimize additional spending, here's how I'd prioritize things..............1) speedo for the hot tub, trunks are for sissies. 2) footjoy rain gloves, $20 a pair 3) water proof shoes, spikeless on closeout for $70 or less 4) bucket hat from resort if necessary 5) buy a few sets of hand warmers now, will save you a few bucks and they're nice for the mornings

If you're like the obsessed (those who have responded, myself included), you'd have two $700+ gore tex suits, Nike Bandon shoes, a sun mountain H2No water proof bag. and a flask full of whiskey. :)

Lol nice!

I appreciate all the advice guys!

Are the courses in decent shape right now?

Will it rain all day?

I found on Zappos Columbia granite ridge waterproof hiking shoes for $65. Would that work? I’ve heard of some people just wearing tennis shoes on links courses. This way my feet will be dry at Bandon & i can use them for hiking here in AZ. Just not sure if hiking shoes will be comfortable/too heavy for 36 a day.

Found these products online. What do you think?

GolfDiscount.com

FJ Contour Series Spiked Waterproof shoes white/navy $70

1 pair FJ rain gloves $20

Titleist waterproof bucket hat $30.

Amazon:

20 pack hand warmers $14 (probably would have to go to multiple stores here in Phoenix to find these. Its 85 and partly cloudy.

nfl style handwarmer pouch $14 (patriots was the least expensive ha, im embarassed to wear my hometown browns ha).

GolfDiscount.com

Amazon:

20 pack hand warmers $14 (probably would have to go to multiple stores here in Phoenix to find these. Its 85 and partly cloudy.

nfl style handwarmer pouch $14 (patriots was the least expensive ha, im embarassed to wear my hometown browns ha).

I say do it. You can always use the spineless as range shoes. The rain gloves can be a necessity (if not too cold I play gloveless). Remember with the rain gloves once on and wet they stay there.

One BIG thing we have forgotten is bring 5 or 6 Zip-Loc baggies. If it does start raining it is pretty much the only way to keep the valuables dry. 1 for phone, 1 for wallet and I keep a separate with cash for the turn stands (which are awesome).

If available bring a flask with warming beverage of preference

GolfDiscount.com

Amazon:

I say do it. You can always use the spineless as range shoes. The rain gloves can be a necessity (if not too cold I play gloveless). Remember with the rain gloves once on and wet they stay there.

One BIG thing we have forgotten is bring 5 or 6 Zip-Loc baggies. If it does start raining it is pretty much the only way to keep the valuables dry. 1 for phone, 1 for wallet and I keep a separate with cash for the turn stands (which are awesome).

If available bring a flask with warming beverage of preference

Footjoy rain gloves def better than Wilson?

I just bought at REI:

Waterproof Bucket hat

Hand warmers

Waterprooing shoe spray

Cool store!

• duffer987 changed the title to Bandon Winter/Spring Reviews - When did you stop raining so much Oregon?