Welcome Gear Trial Testers... Page 6 has names and faces for us to have as reference)

easyyy

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Phoenix for a week on a mini golf trip. Played at the Boulders yesterday and it looks like the Michigan weather followed me....50* and rain throughout the whole round. Ugly score but on the bright side, the driver looked good! Can't wait for this event

50* sounds awesome right now! Would be like shorts weather! Hahaha

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Yeah, I hope to play this weekend...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

If you're from a warmer climate, and you're worried about being able to handle the cold, you might want to think about investing in a Under Armour Cold Gear compression shirt and possibly pants. I wear those when I'm playing when temps are in the 30s, and I damn near start sweating a lot of the time. Honestly, though, if it's a reasonable day with temps around freezing, with the heaters they have at Miles of Golf, you'll probably be fine with a long sleeve undershirt or turtleneck, a normal golf shirt, and a sweater/pullover. A winter hat and a pair of cold weather golf gloves might also be a good investment. For those of us in the great white north, we have all of this stuff already!

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

If you're from a warmer climate, and you're worried about being able to handle the cold, you might want to think about investing in a Under Armour Cold Gear compression shirt and possibly pants. I wear those when I'm playing when temps are in the 30s, and I damn near start sweating a lot of the time. Honestly, though, if it's a reasonable day with temps around freezing, with the heaters they have at Miles of Golf, you'll probably be fine with a long sleeve undershirt or turtleneck, a normal golf shirt, and a sweater/pullover. A winter hat and a pair of cold weather golf gloves might also be a good investment. For those of us in the great white north, we have all of this stuff already!

I am from Mass, relocated to South Carolina. This time of year down here (50* and some good wind) is what I used to play most of the year in!

You're right. A nice warm compression layer combined with 1 or 2 warm layerings is perfect. Wind is always the killer though

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

I'm planning on heading to Miles of Golf tomorrow to hit some balls. I need to make sure I get my golf conditioning ready for next month.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

Supposed to be 48 degrees on Saturday. Hell, I might even go out and play golf if the rain holds off.

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates guys?

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

Guys, I host a Superbowl party every year. All of you are more than welcome to attend. I'll bring flyers. I'm about an hour from Miles of Golf.

Curious, how do you explain that to your normal crew?

LarryBud: "So guys...we're going to have a few newcomers this year."

Original Crew: "Yeah, how you know them?"

LB: "Well, I don't actually know them per say, but they're all internet golf nuts like me."

OC: *blank stares*........"So you're bringing over a bunch of internet friends you've never met before? Sounds like a plan"

In all honesty, if I were staying in town, I'd probably take you up on that, but I gotta get back Sunday am by the latest. Much appreciated for the offer though.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

Mods were getting pretty close to go time. Any updates for us at all?

How did the trial testing go?

Do we have a lineup of gear for Gear Trials yet?

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]

Everyone involved with this is at the PGA Merchandise Show and really busy there. Traveling back home today so expect to see some info posted in a few days.

Greg

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

Everyone involved with this is at the PGA Merchandise Show and really busy there. Traveling back home today so expect to see some info posted in a few days.

Greg

Thanks Greg

Sorry guys. Just got back from the show and trying to get back into the swing of things. Monday we will be in full force.

We (Zak, Aaron and Andrew) did a mock event at Miles of Golf weekend before last and everything looks good. They came out of it very confident. I was happy to hear that.

Callaway sent in 3,500 brand spanking new Chrome Softs for us to use. Wow. I better bring my bag. ;)

We have all the travel arrangements set for the out of towners.

We have all the rooms reserved here for those that are sleeping here in Dearborn Michigan.

We have procured good weather from the golf gods.

We are panicking a little about reservations for Friday and Sat night dinner. I will figure it out today.

Miles of Golf (MOG) team is very excited. Many of the other regional bigger stores I bet are watching with some jealousy. But the MOG team are getting ready as well.

We are all excited.

Richard

Richard,

This is all great news, thank you!

There's a chance I can help with reservations if you get jammed up.

Any ideas where you'd like to go?

Let me know if I can help. 248-444-0100

All the best,

Steve

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

So excited! Too bad it wasn't this weekend, as the weather is perfect today! If you need help with ideas for restaurants in Ann Arbor for Saturday, let me know--I know the scene pretty well, and would be happy to assist with the arrangements.

Sorry guys. Just got back from the show and trying to get back into the swing of things. Monday we will be in full force.

We (Zak, Aaron and Andrew) did a mock event at Miles of Golf weekend before last and everything looks good. They came out of it very confident. I was happy to hear that.

Callaway sent in 3,500 brand spanking new Chrome Softs for us to use. Wow. I better bring my bag. ;)

We have all the travel arrangements set for the out of towners.

We have all the rooms reserved here for those that are sleeping here in Dearborn Michigan.

We have procured good weather from the golf gods.

We are panicking a little about reservations for Friday and Sat night dinner. I will figure it out today.

Miles of Golf (MOG) team is very excited. Many of the other regional bigger stores I bet are watching with some jealousy. But the MOG team are getting ready as well.

We are all excited.

Richard

I wouldn't mind bring a few CS back with me, so thanks in advance..lol

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

Richard,

All the best,

Steve

Thanks Steve. I just finished it up. I wanted to go to Slows Bbq on Friday night and then a pizza/brewery called Jolly Pumpkin Pizzeria but Slows couldn't accommodate the large group and Jolly didn't take reservations.

So we made plans for a local pizza joint here in Dearborn called Buddies for Friday night at 7:00 and for Saturday we are headed to a cool edgy Italian/mexican fusion place in the hood of Detroit called El Barzon for Saturday at 8:30 post trials. If the timing allows we can go by a cool watering hole called Two James.

Saturday we have 20 guys so it is a lot.

Richard,

All the best,

Steve

Thanks Steve. I just finished it up. I wanted to go to Slows Bbq on Friday night and then a pizza/brewery called Jolly Pumpkin Pizzeria but Slows couldn't accommodate the large group and Jolly didn't take reservations.

So we made plans for a local pizza joint here in Dearborn called Buddies for Friday night at 7:00 and for Saturday we are headed to a cool edgy Italian/mexican fusion place in the hood of Detroit called El Barzon for Saturday at 8:30 post trials. If the timing allows we can go by a cool watering hole called Two James.

Two great choices!

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

Everything sounds great Richard, looking forward to meeting everyone from the board and staff, and seeing a few faces I already know again as well. It'll be a great event, that I know for sure.

EDIT: Was just looking at the weather and it looks like next weekend should be good. I'm seeing a high of 32 which is plenty warm for this I would think. I do see it's supposed to be a bit windy though. If I remember right, this place opens up to outside, right? Hopefully the range faces East so the wind won't be in our face or that could get a bit balmy.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

Richard,

All the best,

Steve

Two great choices!

Thanks. Glad we could get reservations!

Everything sounds great Richard, looking forward to meeting everyone from the board and staff, and seeing a few faces I already know again as well. It'll be a great event, that I know for sure.

EDIT: Was just looking at the weather and it looks like next weekend should be good. I'm seeing a high of 32 which is plenty warm for this I would think. I do see it's supposed to be a bit windy though. If I remember right, this place opens up to outside, right? Hopefully the range faces East so the wind won't be in our face or that could get a bit balmy.

I am excited as well. Really am.

LOL on the weather. I looked this morning also. I will take 32* all day. Could be an issue if it was super cold.

See you boys in less than a week!

Should be fun! Hopefully this event will se the bar ;) of GT to come

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

See you boys in less than a week!

Should be fun! Hopefully this event will se the bar ;) of GT to come

Hope so!

Tomorrow will be my third day in a row playing 18 holes. Took a week of vacation and have had some solid 50-60* weather. Wish I could bring it with me up to The Mitten

Good picks on the restaurants--wife and I were downtown today, and we were looking on Eater.com about some of the cool restaurants downtown, and we were talking about checking out El Barzon. Two James is a cool spot, too. Might be a little tight with such a big group, as it's not a big place.

Looking forward to hearing more details about the actual plans for how the Gear Trials are going to work. Super excited to do this whole thing with a bunch of people who are as nerdy about equipment as I am!

At this point I couldn't be more excited! I've been hitting balls a lot on Trackman the last few weeks, and thanks to being at the show this past week I've been able to play some outside golf and get back into the swing of seeing ball flight.

All of this is awesome, and a big thanks to the whole GolfWRX crew from setting this up.

Oh I envy you warm weather gamers. Off to my fake grass and simulator station this afternoon. Thank goodness for PGATSS.

I'm trying to be impartial as always but I have been trying a lot of the new stuff beforehand. I don't want to make any comments in here to sway the group. One of my favs has been in stores for awhile now but just wanted to ask about availability. I think pretty much everyone has released their stuff by now except for the Nike Flex. The thread says a March release.

Any chance we will be able to get one for the event?

Played today, Sanctuary Lake in Troy, 50 degrees to start played with a bunch of Carls golfland boys. Rained like hell after 9 holes.

Endured all the harsh weather to only take a nice spill in the parking lot after. All seems to be good.

heres a few photos for the out of towners of an exceptional warm day in the Detroit area. Lots of mud.