Jan 5th Update and general info...

easyyy

Sooooo... A little update

Rob (Hipcheck) and Zak have been busy this week sending out travel forms for the out of towners and getting some info from some of you we needed it from.

Getting more and more excited about the event!!! We have been ordering some last minute swag items and running down other odds and ends this week.

Just so you guys know this isnt going to be a crazy experience like some of the OEM's have done. No free car or driver. There will be no gamers built on sight by the OEM.... no surprise visits from Rory or Phil. No 36 holes at Pine Valley. Sorry about that. This is however our first time holding a true event. If you are reading this that means you are part of an elite group that was asked to come because we felt as if your record was one that is highly credible. Your opinions are un-bias and well respected. Ohh and also you are a 10 or better LOL. But we had hundreds of people that were interested and many more that could have been selected. So .... your special.

We hope to have all the info we need together by weeks end so we can arrange some of the travel, reservations and activities. Lots to do behind the scenes for us here.

1. Flights for the out of towners. We are looking at a travel agent to help out.
  2. Hotel for those that are staying. What nights for the out of towners. Some might leave late Saturday to get back for the Super Bowl Sunday and some will stay Saturday night.
  3. Transportation for the whole event.
  4. Dinner for those that will be in Friday and Saturday night for those that want to stick around.
  5. Meals for the test day to be brought in.
  6. Driver "gamers" to be shipped for the out of towners.
  7. Shafts for testing (we are working on some tricks) so gamer shafts can be available for all heads. Shhhhh.
  8. And the other 20 things I forgot at the moment.

So we are excited. We are planning to do a test run with 2-3 testers next week. Zak and Miles are coordinating it. They will simulate an actual test day to see what coordination or operational bugs need to be squashed. We ordered 3,500 new Titleist Pro-v's that we will be using for the testing. They are coming in now.

Let's see... what did I forget to mention.

Oh... we invited 15 guys and all accepted and that is awesome!!!! Thanks to all of you.

We will be putting together a final itinerary hopefully next week or the week after at the latest. Then you can see if your driving in if you want to stay over for dinner or not. I will start a new thread for that so I can get a count for a reservation somewhere cool.

That's all for now!!!

Richard

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait!

Will the PXG 0811 be available for testing? Curious if that is being included

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

BOOM! Excited on all accounts. Thanks to WRX again for the opportunity.

See y'all in 1 month gents!

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

Woah. Sick shirt. Gray is always best.

I love that no OEM's are directly involved. This will be great for the site since there can be no accusations of bias.

I agree. I'm excited to have the oppurtunity to try good shafts on all setups

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]

Nice shirt!!!!!, I am very excited for this...trying out new new/shafts with new drivers, can't wait to get fitted for the driver that works best for my swing...plus meeting my fellow WRXrs and the staff...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

I'll echo the others that the shirt looks cool.

As cool as it would be to try everything out there and walk out with the combo that worked best for free, I'm actually glad to hear that isn't the case. Since this is supposed to be an event where we gather data on the drivers that are out there, and the goal is to provide information that will help the WRX community with information about all of these clubs, any kind of giveaway like that can create a perception that the testing isn't completely unbiased. Just look at the blowback after some of the OEM events where the people that go to them are labeled as shills for the OEM that hosted it. I think this way, we'll have a lot of credibility with the results that come from the trials.

Plus, it does sound like we're all going to go through a fitting process, and having the opportunity to try basically everything that's out there will give those of us fortunate enough to be participating, a great way to really zero in on the absolute best driver combo for each of us. I know when I've done driver fittings before, even more in-depth ones, I have a nagging feeling that there were things I didn't try that might be better than what I ended up with, so this is a pretty unique opportunity.

Richard -- let me know if you want any recommendations on restaurants in Ann Arbor. I'm a food nerd in addition to golf geek, and I've been to a lot of the good spots in Ann Arbor, so I could help you out if you need any suggestions.

I can't wait for this! The anticipation is going to help me make it through the first part of the winter.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Really appreciate being invited to this. I'm very excited to be outside seeing ball flight and doing an unbiased test with a bunch of other GolfWRX members.

Plus I hear that Michigan has a pretty good craft beer scene :)

You heard correctly about the beer scene.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

...Original Post...

3500 ProVs? Dude. I don't know what else to say.

And the comment about us being special? Damn right I'm special ;).Looking forward to it gents.

Apologies on the tardiness of responding to this new thread. Fun fact....I had a baby due on the 29th, scheduled to come on the 22nd. She decided she was done growing, so we had her actually the day this thread was posted, on the 5th. Baby girl #3 for this guy. Long story short, she was a premie (born a hair under 5lbs, that's pretty tiny for those without kids), had some trouble breathing on her own at first and has been in NICU since the night of the 5th. All ventilators and tubes were taken out today, so we should have her back home in the next few days, end of the week for sure.

So...it's been a wild ride the past week, but all is well on the homefront here.

I know I only about 3 people on this thread personally, but I didn't want to be all, "hey awesome, I got selected for Gear Trials, now I'm done posting on the board."

See y'all in a few weeks. Oh, and that was a hell of a game tonight.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

...Original Post...

And the comment about us being special? Damn right I'm special ;).Looking forward to it gents.

Apologies on the tardiness of responding to this new thread. Fun fact....I had a baby due on the 29th, scheduled to come on the 22nd. She decided she was done growing, so we had her actually the day this thread was posted, on the 5th. Baby girl #3 for this guy. Long story short, she was a premie (born a hair under 5lbs, that's pretty tiny for those without kids), had some trouble breathing on her own at first and has been in NICU since the night of the 5th. All ventilators and tubes were taken out today, so we should have her back home in the next few days, end of the week for sure.

So...it's been a wild ride the past week, but all is well on the homefront here.

I know I only about 3 people on this thread personally, but I didn't want to be all, "hey awesome, I got selected for Gear Trials, now I'm done posting on the board."

Congratulations on the new addition. Hopefully everything continues to improve and you can take her home as soon as possible.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

I am hoping that our Saturday is a little less like this week and a little more like spring! Hate that drive to work when it is snowing and people driving 10mph, brutal. Hitting the indoor range again tomorrow to test out my new-ish irons and keep my swing endurance up!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

...Original Post...

Congratulations on the new addition. Hopefully everything continues to improve and you can take her home as soon as possible.

Very glad to hear everything is going well now! What a breath that must be my friend.

We will see you in February, stay warm

3,500 pro v1's!?

That, in itself will be a sight.

Looking forward to this guys

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

I know this might be under wraps until we get there, but I will ask anyway. How is the GT process going to go? Is it going to be closer to a driver fitting or will it be more like hitting a plethora of clubs and recording data on each one?

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

I know this might be under wraps until we get there, but I will ask anyway. How is the GT process going to go? Is it going to be closer to a driver fitting or will it be more like hitting a plethora of clubs and recording data on each one?

I would like to hear some more info if we can too!

Anything new to share? Seems like the mods have been kinda quite lately. Almost too quiet .. Hmmmmmm

Mizuno Fli-Hi #4

Anything new to share? Seems like the mods have been kinda quite lately. Almost too quiet .. Hmmmmmm ��

The wheels are spinning!

I am curious how the dry run went?

Still super pumped to be apart of this group... Thank you!!

So.... Where are we eating Friday??

I like golf and I like food.... So next weekend is going to be a big winner for me! :air_kiss:

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12