Ping G, G LS Tec and SF Tec Drivers

Is that a legit head.....I never saw one with the serial number where that one is? Everything about it looks off to me.

Yup. Purchased at Golfsmith. I am not sure where you have looked but all of the G series heads that I have seen look like that.

I just got off the phone with Ping. They will not warranty the head until they see it. I guess I will go buy the PXG driver instead of being out of a new driver for 2-3 weeks. First world problems

If it's a new purchase at a local store (instead of online), you might try and see if Golfsmith might replace it for you instead (and let them deal with Ping). Some stores are willing to do that. Certainly couldn't hurt to ask.

Golfsmith took care of me. Pings customer service, which I used to think was on of the best, disappointed me.

[size=3][b][color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM M3 440 - MCA Tensei Pro Orange 60TX[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Rogue 15 - [/font][/color][color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MCA Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Apex 20 - GD Tour AD DI Hybrid[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM P790 4-PW - Modus 120s[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FOURTEEN RM Tour Issue 50, 54, 60 - Modus Black 125[/font][/color][/b][/size][b]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SCOTTY CAMERON Custom Mid Slant 009 Tour[/font][/color][/b]
[b][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]IG: dphatt[/font][/size][/b]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a legit head.....I never saw one with the serial number where that one is? Everything about it looks off to me.

Yup. Purchased at Golfsmith. I am not sure where you have looked but all of the G series heads that I have seen look like that.

I just got off the phone with Ping. They will not warranty the head until they see it. I guess I will go buy the PXG driver instead of being out of a new driver for 2-3 weeks. First world problems

If it's a new purchase at a local store (instead of online), you might try and see if Golfsmith might replace it for you instead (and let them deal with Ping). Some stores are willing to do that. Certainly couldn't hurt to ask.

Golfsmith took care of me. Pings customer service, which I used to think was on of the best, disappointed me.

Good to hear.

Well glad you got it straightened out at Golfsmith. But I can't say I'm really surprised at Ping CS's response nor would I really expect different behavior. At least I've never run into an OEM issue that didn't require you to send in the club before they'd send you a replacement.

I bought a set of S55's from Morton's Golf a couple of years ago. They began to delaminate in the middle of tournament season so I contacted Morton's about the issue on a Thursday morning, and explained to them that I couldn't be without my clubs for 2 weeks. They immediately contacted Ping for me and had a completely new set built to my specs and sent to my door. They arrived on Tuesday the following week. They also told me to not worry about sending my clubs back until I had the new set in hand. The new set was sent with a return label for my old clubs, which I packaged up and sent back. I was never without a set for any period of time, nor did I have to send my clubs in prior to the replacement being sent out.

It may be more about the retailer that you are purchasing the clubs from in some instances than about the OEM themselves.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

I took my new G series to the course today. After hitting 2 drives this is what happened. I have never seen a crack in that part of a head.

Hello DoNDoN, we're sorry about that crack. We want you to know that we stand behind our product. Please send us a DM; we'd like to help get you back on the course with your G Driver ASAP!

Thanks

I took my new G series to the course today. After hitting 2 drives this is what happened. I have never seen a crack in that part of a head.

Hello DoNDoN, we're sorry about that crack. We want you to know that we stand behind our product. Please send us a DM; we'd like to help get you back on the course with your G Driver ASAP!

Thanks

Thank you for the response but Golfsmith already took care of me. It shouldn't have to take a post on Golfwrx to get this resolved through PING. I owned the driver for less than 24 hours and after two drives it cracks and Ping tells me that I will be out a driver for a few weeks?

[size=3][b][color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM M3 440 - MCA Tensei Pro Orange 60TX[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Rogue 15 - [/font][/color][color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MCA Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Apex 20 - GD Tour AD DI Hybrid[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM P790 4-PW - Modus 120s[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FOURTEEN RM Tour Issue 50, 54, 60 - Modus Black 125[/font][/color][/b][/size][b]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SCOTTY CAMERON Custom Mid Slant 009 Tour[/font][/color][/b]

Thanks

Thank you for the response but Golfsmith already took care of me. It shouldn't have to take a post on Golfwrx to get this resolved through PING. I owned the driver for less than 24 hours and after two drives it cracks and Ping tells me that I will be out a driver for a few weeks?

We are glad to hear that Golfsmith has helped to coordinate a repair with us. Once we receive your driver, we will do our best to expedite the process. Please know that our typical turn around time for a repair/replacement is 2-3 business days (assuming all components are in stock) once we receive the club.

Thanks

We are glad to hear that Golfsmith has helped to coordinate a repair with us. Once we receive your driver, we will do our best to expedite the process. Please know that our typical turn around time for a repair/replacement is 2-3 business days (assuming all components are in stock) once we receive the club.

Though I might not like the new ferrules route...

This post is why.... I ALWAYS will play PING!Top to bottom 14 clubs....

Internet board response straight from PING

Ping Sunday Bag
9 Clubs of Freedom

Thanks

I know your mad that your driver cracked and its unfortunate but rest assured what you think is the right solution is far from the norm. Why would a company ship you a brand new product without even seeing the damage of yours ands without having any credit info to charge you if you were to return a fake or a club that was damaged from user error. I'm not saying you are guilty of either but think about it.

I don't agree it should take 2 weeks for a new club either. Ping should next day or 2 day air it but if I had a club break and the store I bought it from couldn't rectify the issue faster I would expect to wait 3-5 days.

Each to his own I only one one Ping ckub but their customer service is top shelf. If you don't think so I suggest you see what Titleist, Taylormade, callaway, etc would have done. I expect most would give a similar response.

not to change the subject, but has anyone tried the G LS Tec with either the HZRDUS Black or the HZRDUS Yellow?

Driver: Titleist 915D3 Rogue 125 60TX
FW: Titleist 915F 16.5 degree Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 20 & 23
Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 KBS C-Taper
Wedges: Titleist SM5 54 & 58
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select NP2

not to change the subject, but has anyone tried the G LS Tec with either the HZRDUS Black or the HZRDUS Yellow?

I almost pulled the trigger on a HZRDUS but the tour shaft by Ping is just so worth the little cost in my opinion

I'll probably end up going with the Ping Tour shaft also cause I don't really want to spend another $260 for the uncharge on a HZRDUS. I was just curious if anyone has had a chance to hit this combo and what they thought about it.

Driver: Titleist 915D3 Rogue 125 60TX
FW: Titleist 915F 16.5 degree Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 20 & 23
Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 KBS C-Taper
Wedges: Titleist SM5 54 & 58
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select NP2

I almost pulled the trigger on a HZRDUS but the tour shaft by Ping is just so worth the little cost in my opinion

I'll probably end up going with the Ping Tour shaft also cause I don't really want to spend another $260 for the uncharge on a HZRDUS. I was just curious if anyone has had a chance to hit this combo and what they thought about it.

I would be interested as well.

Thanks to Ping for giving me a call and apologizing about the customer service issue. I will leave it at that and give my review of the driver after the weekend.

Btw last year Taylor Made was able to send me a new head no questions asked with a UPS call tag in the box in 2 days

Thanks to Ping for giving me a call and apologizing about the customer service issue. I will leave it at that and give my review of the driver after the weekend.

Btw last year Taylor Made was able to send me a new head no questions asked with a UPS call tag in the box in 2 days

Sounds like you should play Taylormade. You said you will give your review of the driver after the weekend. So Ping is getting you a driver within a few days?

Sounds like you should play Taylormade. You said you will give your review of the driver after the weekend. So Ping is getting you a driver within a few days?

Why should he play Taylormade and not what he pleases?? Your post is fairly pointless, isn't it? Here is someone who had experience with a diffeence OEM giving the board some useful comparative info, and you're poo pooing it?

FWIW, I've had the same excellent service from Taylormade. Sent me a new driver via UPS 2 day, and this was AFTER the SLDR loft up campaign when I called them to tell them I needed more loft, and wanted to trade in my old stick towards a new one with higher loft.

I'd also like to add that I am waiting on a G driver that I bought recently, and I hope my dealings with Ping will be even a fraction of that should it be needed down the road

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

You would have had to take it to a box store or regional rep to do so.

Any sympathy I had has gone out the window now. The sense of self entitlement is incredible.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

I see it as this..

He is upset that his new $400 dollar driver cracked after two swings.... He called Ping and wanted to get a new one, WHILE UPSET...

They did the obligatory, send it in, and we will get you a new one if you didn't break it thing... WHILE HE WAS UPSET.....

This creates a situation where he is more upset than he would have been otherwise.

Goldsmith took care of the problem, and yet he still feels he was let down....

Ping offers to take care of it, and he is still upset, so he tells them, no need, Someone else made it right, too late....

Ping calls to make it RIGHT, not just to take care of it, to make it right... there is a difference.

All things equal, it should work out... I just hope He is happy with the final outcome. I mean he did just buy a $400 dollar driver, and it was defective.. so he has every right to be upset... he is out time.. time=money...

My experiences with ping have all been above fantastic...

I hope in the end, it works out for him to be the same.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I see it as this..

He is upset that his new $400 dollar driver cracked after two swings.... He called Ping and wanted to get a new one, WHILE UPSET...

They did the obligatory, send it in, and we will get you a new one if you didn't break it thing... WHILE HE WAS UPSET.....

This creates a situation where he is more upset than he would have been otherwise.

Goldsmith took care of the problem, and yet he still feels he was let down....

Ping offers to take care of it, and he is still upset, so he tells them, no need, Someone else made it right, too late....

Ping calls to make it RIGHT, not just to take care of it, to make it right... there is a difference.

All things equal, it should work out... I just hope He is happy with the final outcome. I mean he did just buy a $400 dollar driver, and it was defective.. so he has every right to be upset... he is out time.. time=money...

My experiences with ping have all been above fantastic...

I hope in the end, it works out for him to be the same.

You're too polite.

There was a fault, fine. Ping would acknowledge that and make it right, within their own guidelines. There was no need to come on to a forum and whine because Ping wouldn't send out a new club immediately, without inspecting the old one first. It's perfectly reasonable to expect a replacement, but the manner in which he approached it was totally unreasonable IMO.

I had a TM M1 Rescue develop a fault. I didn't come on to this forum and say how rubbish TM were (lots of other people have that task in hand). I gave it to the shop who packaged it up, and a week later I had a new one, which I was very happy with. If your new car develops a fault, do they give you a new one immediately without inspecting the old one? No. If your TV develops a fault will the manufacturer send you a new one without inspecting the old one? No. Why should golf clubs be different?

Ping CS is really great, probably one of the best in golf, but they're not a charity.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

I had my g30 snap at ferule and the head went 30mtrs into trees after bouncing down the gravel path.

Took to my shop and was swapped there and then by shop owner.

Ping replaced whole club as it had chipped the paint.

shop said they didn't want to but did anyway as I was a good customer (spend couple of grand a year at least in drummonds. )

Great service at the maroochydore store.

I had my g30 snap at ferule and the head went 30mtrs into trees after bouncing down the gravel path.

shop said they didn't want to but did anyway as I was a good customer (spend couple of grand a year at least in drummonds. )

What's your SS?

Is there a shaft snap problem with the adapters in the G30s here? I've heard of another poster said they snapped their shaft at the ferrule as well & they redesigned the G adapter to prevent it...whats the real story here guys?

(sorry new to the G/G30 community since I own a G30LS and have a G driver coming in next week)....

Taylormade Sim Max, Fujikura Ventus Velocore Black 6-S, Top Golf All-Fit adapter

Callaway Epic Max LS, Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6-S, Top Golf All-Fit adapter
Fairway Woods: Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft, Taylormade M4 HL 16.5* 4 wood, Vizard Z 60S shaft
Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid

Irons:      Mizuno JP921 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW KBS TGI 95/100 shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48*, Cleveland FullFace 56* both with Catalyst 100 shafts
Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with BGT Stability shaft
#1 Callaway Chromesoft X LS, #2 Srixon XV 5/6

Moe Norman/Graves One Plane swing

What's your SS?

Is there a shaft snap problem with the adapters in the G30s here? I've heard of another poster said they snapped their shaft at the ferrule as well & they redesigned the G adapter to prevent it...whats the real story here guys?

(sorry new to the G/G30 community since I own a G30LS and have a G driver coming in next week)....

I haven't heard anything. I play the G30, 115 SS, and I haven't had any issues. I don't hit a lot of hard range balls though.

PING G400 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G410 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

This may of been hashed out in the past 23 pages but what are everyone's thought on the Ping G30 vs Ping G.

I went to the store to check them out and was surprised that the Ping G30s havent dropped in price as much as I would of expected. I've been racking my brain comparing these clubs to the TM M1.

[b][u]Driver:[/u][/b] Ping G30 LS Tec - Ping Tour 60X
[b][u]3 Wood:[/u][/b] Ping G - Ping Tour 80X
[b][u]3-PW:[/u][/b] Mizuno MP-15 - KBS C Taper X
[b][u]GW:[/u][/b] Titleist Vokey SM-5 52.08 F Grind - True Temper S400
[b][u]SW:[/u][/b] Titleist Vokey SM-5 56.10 S Grind - True Temper S400
[b][u]LW:[/u][/b] Titleist Vokey SM-5 60.08 M Grind - True Temper S400
[u][b]Putter:[/b][/u] Ping Anser Redwood

This may of been hashed out in the past 23 pages but what are everyone's thought on the Ping G30 vs Ping G.

I went to the store to check them out and was surprised that the Ping G30s havent dropped in price as much as I would of expected. I've been racking my brain comparing these clubs to the TM M1.

The G30 is very close to the g. Going from G30 to G is less of a leap than another earlier gen driver - thats the "general consensus".

You may be better looking at 3balls or other etailers for a VG used one. I picked my G30 LS 10.5 with a Tour 65, it was VG but the whole club was MINT for $209 but there are better deals to be had. The G30 LS just BLEW my M1 430 10.5 away...way, way more forgiving and doesn't penalize you for less than perfect contact and it's freaky long and low spin. Cant wait for my G to get here...yeah, I like to driver ho... :)

Taylormade Sim Max, Fujikura Ventus Velocore Black 6-S, Top Golf All-Fit adapter

Callaway Epic Max LS, Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6-S, Top Golf All-Fit adapter
Fairway Woods: Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft, Taylormade M4 HL 16.5* 4 wood, Vizard Z 60S shaft

Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48*, Cleveland FullFace 56* both with Catalyst 100 shafts

The honeymoon period continues. Just back from a range session where I couldn't have hit it better. 6 people stopped hitting their balls to watch me hit my driver... I now have an ego the size of Poulter as a result.

PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

The G30 is very close to the g. Going from G30 to G is less of a leap than another earlier gen driver - thats the "general consensus".

You may be better looking at 3balls or other etailers for a VG used one. I picked my G30 LS 10.5 with a Tour 65, it was VG but the whole club was MINT for $209 but there are better deals to be had. The G30 LS just BLEW my M1 430 10.5 away...way, way more forgiving and doesn't penalize you for less than perfect contact and it's freaky long and low spin. Cant wait for my G to get here...yeah, I like to driver ho... :)

I went for a driver fitting the other day and the fitter was really pushing me towards the M1. For some reason, I just couldn't hit the M1 very well. Then I went to another place and tried the Ping G with a tour 65 shaft and crushed it. The Ping G and even the G30 NEW, were a bit out of my price range so I picked up a used Ping G30 LS with Tour 65 shaft recently and going to give that a whirl.

I'll be interested in seeing how the Ping G with Tour 65 shaft will compare to the Ping G30 LS with Tour 65 shaft.

[b][u]Driver:[/u][/b] Ping G30 LS Tec - Ping Tour 60X
[b][u]3 Wood:[/u][/b] Ping G - Ping Tour 80X
[b][u]3-PW:[/u][/b] Mizuno MP-15 - KBS C Taper X
[b][u]GW:[/u][/b] Titleist Vokey SM-5 52.08 F Grind - True Temper S400
[b][u]SW:[/u][/b] Titleist Vokey SM-5 56.10 S Grind - True Temper S400
[b][u]LW:[/u][/b] Titleist Vokey SM-5 60.08 M Grind - True Temper S400
[u][b]Putter:[/b][/u] Ping Anser Redwood

I went for a driver fitting the other day and the fitter was really pushing me towards the M1. For some reason, I just couldn't hit the M1 very well. Then I went to another place and tried the Ping G with a tour 65 shaft and crushed it. The Ping G and even the G30 NEW, were a bit out of my price range so I picked up a used Ping G30 LS with Tour 65 shaft recently and going to give that a whirl.

I'll be interested in seeing how the Ping G with Tour 65 shaft will compare to the Ping G30 LS with Tour 65 shaft.

I would open a beer and quietly read this thread and also this thread:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1285826-official-ping-g-driver-thread/

My experience in the M1 was the 430 head. It's the lowest spinning of the M1 heads (more so than the R15 and SLDR) and while most M1 players prefer the 460, I liked the 430 better for the shape. Mine was optimized with the Elements Chrome 6F4T so it was long for me. Or so I thought. Right now, if I were in your shoes, go pick up a G30 LS cheap and enjoy it - if you like the G better and got a bit of cash to ho, go for it. Otherwise, coming from a TM guy (who still has a R15 430), the G30 LS cannot be beat - the hype is real and its sneaky long and forgiving.

..but yeah, do lots of reading if will help you understand better the difference between the G30 and G and the various heads (SF Tec, LS Tec and regular head).

And ping is not charging a stupid $499 for a new driver either and the Tour 65 is a classy, class UST shaft.