Ping G, G LS Tec and SF Tec Drivers

zakkozuchowski

This may of been hashed out in the past 23 pages but what are everyone's thought on the Ping G30 vs Ping G.

I went to the store to check them out and was surprised that the Ping G30s havent dropped in price as much as I would of expected. I've been racking my brain comparing these clubs to the TM M1.

I sold my G and my G LS heads on the BST last night......Neither one could beat out or equal my G30 LS.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may of been hashed out in the past 23 pages but what are everyone's thought on the Ping G30 vs Ping G.

I went to the store to check them out and was surprised that the Ping G30s havent dropped in price as much as I would of expected. I've been racking my brain comparing these clubs to the TM M1.

I sold my G and my G LS heads on the BST last night......Neither one could beat out or equal my G30 LS.

What we're your specs on all these?

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

What we're your specs on all these?

Not sure what specs you want but G30 LS is 10.5........One G LS was 10.5....One G LS was 9.0.......G was 10.5........I hit them all with Tour 65 stiff......Tour 65 X stiff.............UST VTS SPX silver 7sx ( A shaft i happen to like a lot as I have 5 of them)..........I tinkered with setting but hit them all best in standard setting........I hit them all well, but hit the G30 LS the best......I wanted to like the new G, but did not work out for me.

I had my third indoor session with the the G LS. Last night it was with the Tour 65 R and it was a joy. Put it up against the M2 with stock reg. and stiff as well as the XR16 with stock reg. and stiff. Ping won by a landslide. I was surprised at how stable the Tour 65 R was. I won't say where my swing speed topped out because I'm a little skeptical of the monitor, but it never felt loose. The G driver and fw's really impress.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

I had my third indoor session with the the G LS. Last night it was with the Tour 65 R and it was a joy. Put it up against the M2 with stock reg. and stiff as well as the XR16 with stock reg. and stiff. Ping won by a landslide. I was surprised at how stable the Tour 65 R was. I won't say where my swing speed topped out because I'm a little skeptical of the monitor, but it never felt loose. The G driver and fw's really impress.

How was the G LS compared to the Z545 in you sig?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

One of my playing partners had the new G LS today. It sounds much better than the G30 (which he had previously).

Just my .02

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Can anyone comment, hopefully a few with different shafts as to their length, shaft, swingweight, and head weight? Is the tour shaft tip heavy, or tip light? I guess what I am saying is I have some shafts, both 75 grams, same length, that swingweight 3 points apart....

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

I'm probably in the rare minority here .... but the SF Tec 10 degree is a game changer for me. Most people here are playing the LS but the SF is a huge help to me. My miss is always an overspin cut and this has gained me distance just allowing me to turn it over more.

I've never cared for any of the stock shaft feels (standard or the Tour shafts) but the new Alta shaft is incredible for me.

The sound is much improved and the ball feels like it jumps off the face. Coming from a G25, I love the new G.

PING 430 Max 10.5 
PING G430 Max 18.5 
PING G430 Max 20.5 
PING i230 4-W DGS300 120
PING Glide 4.0, 50SS / 54SS / 58SS
Axis 1 Joey

I just ordered the G LS with an AD-DI6-S. It came down to the LS and the M1, and the Turbulators won me over.

Callaway Mavrik 10.5* HZRDS 6.0 55g
Cobra BioCell 3w PXi S
Callaway Mavrik 20* Catalyst 65 5.5

Callaway Mavrik 5h 23* Catalyst 65 5.5
Titleist DCI 962 2-PW DG S300
Cleveland 588 54*, Callaway PM Grind 58*
Cameron Mil-Spec 

I had my g30 snap at ferule and the head went 30mtrs into trees after bouncing down the gravel path.

Took to my shop and was swapped there and then by shop owner.

Ping replaced whole club as it had chipped the paint.

shop said they didn't want to but did anyway as I was a good customer (spend couple of grand a year at least in drummonds. )

Great service at the maroochydore store.

What's your SS?

Is there a shaft snap problem with the adapters in the G30s here? I've heard of another poster said they snapped their shaft at the ferrule as well & they redesigned the G adapter to prevent it...whats the real story here guys?

(sorry new to the G/G30 community since I own a G30LS and have a G driver coming in next week)....

95 but just about 100 if I chase it.

Shop said they've sent a few back but best selling drivers will have more faults due to numbers produced (he said).

I have the SF as well.. I am an eight capper, but my miss is a block that cuts too much...

I can still cut this one too...

I have an anser and a G30 LS

I love the look of this club.

I hit it a little higher than I would like, but I can always learn to flight it down... or just hit a punch shot into the wind...

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I finally had the chance to hit the G30 and the G both in 10.5 heads. My swing speed was high 90s. I didn't care for the Alta shaft at all but the tour shaft was amazing! I hit the G with a tour regular shaft and the G30 with a tour stiff shaft. Distance and numbers were very similar overall. Longest drive of the day came from the G30 but I think I liked the feel of the G driver better. I don't know how much feel was due to the tour regular vs tour stiff shaft. I'm probably leaning towards the G.

I'm going to go get fit at Ping here in Phoenix. The guy helping me at the local box store was very nice but I essentially had to fit myself. He handed me a 10.5 with an Alta shaft and after a few hits said "yeah, you're hitting that well". I had to ask to hit the tour shaft and once I did, I was getting about 15 more yards per drive on average. He told me as long as my spin was below 3000 that was good enough. He didn't even mention the G30 and I had to ask to hit that. I want to make sure my numbers are optimized if I'm going to spend a lot of money on a new driver.

How was the G LS compared to the Z545 in you sig?

Should have included that. The Z545 feels/sounds better but the G LS beats it in every other category: Significantly longer with less spin and more forgiving.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

I finally had the chance to hit the G30 and the G both in 10.5 heads. My swing speed was high 90s. I didn't care for the Alta shaft at all but the tour shaft was amazing! I hit the G with a tour regular shaft and the G30 with a tour stiff shaft. Distance and numbers were very similar overall. Longest drive of the day came from the G30 but I think I liked the feel of the G driver better. I don't know how much feel was due to the tour regular vs tour stiff shaft. I'm probably leaning towards the G.

I'm going to go get fit at Ping here in Phoenix. The guy helping me at the local box store was very nice but I essentially had to fit myself. He handed me a 10.5 with an Alta shaft and after a few hits said "yeah, you're hitting that well". I had to ask to hit the tour shaft and once I did, I was getting about 15 more yards per drive on average. He told me as long as my spin was below 3000 that was good enough. He didn't even mention the G30 and I had to ask to hit that. I want to make sure my numbers are optimized if I'm going to spend a lot of money on a new driver.

I'm not huge into numbers but that spin rate is too high right? You should be able to get much lower

[b][u]Driver:[/u][/b] Ping G30 LS Tec - Ping Tour 60X
[b][u]3 Wood:[/u][/b] Ping G - Ping Tour 80X
[b][u]3-PW:[/u][/b] Mizuno MP-15 - KBS C Taper X
[b][u]GW:[/u][/b] Titleist Vokey SM-5 52.08 F Grind - True Temper S400
[b][u]SW:[/u][/b] Titleist Vokey SM-5 56.10 S Grind - True Temper S400
[b][u]LW:[/u][/b] Titleist Vokey SM-5 60.08 M Grind - True Temper S400
[u][b]Putter:[/b][/u] Ping Anser Redwood

I'm not huge into numbers but that spin rate is too high right? You should be able to get much lower

3000 is high but it also depends on his swing speed, launch angle, and AoA. Some golfers need a bit more spin to keep the ball in the air longer.

I have a very negative AoA. I got my spin down in the 26-3000 range with the SFT. I'm talking up to 5* negative. And still on track man was hitting it 265-275 with crappy range balls.

That's with a GD tour addi 6s

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Speaking of AoA. What combo ping g series has anyone peaked data with a negative AoA, swing speed 100-105 and moderate to late transition? I could keep spin down with g30 and Ls in 10.5 and 9 degree standard stiff shaft. Might retry the g with the tour stiff 65.

At the gear trials, in general those with neg AoA's tended to do a bit better with the G LS Tec so you might want to try that as well.

I have a very negative AoA. I got my spin down in the 26-3000 range with the SFT. I'm talking up to 5* negative. And still on track man was hitting it 265-275 with crappy range balls.That's with a GD tour addi 6s

Wow the sft and not the Ls, what loft and did you adjust the loft +/-?

10 degree

adjusted to the 9.4 degree, but got better flight with the new one i got thats digitally lofted to 9.5 at the same setting, with it set to neutral, instead of set to the digitally lofted setting..

So 10.1 degrees....

but the Demo I was using could have been any thing 9 - 11 degrees based on the manufacturing tolerances...

Swing speed ranged from 104 - 108 most were 106.. as in almost all.. lowest was 104 highest was the 108...

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Anyone have a Ping custom order through Golftown in the last month? I ordered my G LS Tour 80x exactly a month ago, and its still not here.

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

The one I ordered from my club in January took 6 weeks

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Just tried the ping g 9 degree both stock stiff Alta and tour 65 and still launching 16-20 degrees with 3500+ spin. Even cranked down to 8 degrees. Then tried the m1 and m2 really not much different with fujikura and diamana d62, respectively. Ended up with GBB kuro kage 50s with launch in low teens and then spin 2300ish. I couldn't get ping in my favor.

The one I ordered from my club in January took 6 weeks

Ya that's a long wait.

Ended up getting a phone call about 30 mins after my post that it came in, so have it in hand now. Hopefully gonna hit some balls tomorrow...

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

Anyone have a Ping custom order through Golftown in the last month? I ordered my G LS Tour 80x exactly a month ago, and its still not here.

I ordered a G LS Tec from TGW on the March 1st, a lefty 9* with the Tour 65 stiff. I don't anticipate receiving mine until at least the end of the month. From past experience Ping isn't that fast for "custom" orders. The Tour 65 is their proprietary shaft and it's custom? I don't get it. I see you got yours recently. Congrats!!!

I ordered a G LS Tec from TGW on the March 1st, a lefty 9* with the Tour 65 stiff. I don't anticipate receiving mine until at least the end of the month. From past experience Ping isn't that fast for "custom" orders. The Tour 65 is their proprietary shaft and it's custom? I don't get it. I see you got yours recently. Congrats!!!

They can be fast when they want to be. I ordered through Morton's (can't say enough good things about their service) and received a driver on a Thursday that had several issues, wrong shaft, wrong hosel setting, etc. Contacted Morton's that afternoon and they took care of everything. I had a new driver built to my correct specs (including the tour shaft, hotmelt, digital loft) in my hands on Monday.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Golftown just called to say my G LS 9* w/Tour 65s @ 44.5, D2 was ready to pick up. I ordered it 12 days ago. Not bad.

PING G425 Max 9* @ 7.5* PING Tour 65s
PING G425 Max 3w PING Tour 75s
PING G430 Max 7w PING Tour 75s
PING G425 22 PING Tour 85s
PING iBlade 4-pw DG XP95 S300
PING Glide 3.0 50s, 54s, 58s
PING Sigma 2 Tyne 4

Just got back from the range with my new G sft. I have never hit an easier driver. This thing is crazy forgiving (which I really need). I was hitting the Callaway 815 Alpha (non-DBD). I struggled a bit, thought that that was forgiving but nothing like this G sft....wow!

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Callaway Mack Daddy 52/56 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Monterey