zakkozuchowski

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked great!

Felt great!

Beat my G30 LS by a few yards!

Winning formula for me... 9 degree (digital) already on order!

I have been fit for the G LS Tec with the stiff Tour 65 shaft, aqua grip... I am confused by a few things on their website as it says the swing weight is D4 at a stock shaft length of 45.75" but then it says the tour 65 and tour 80 shafts are cut to a std 45.25"

Do you know what shaft length your order is coming in ?

I suppose I could just order D3 swing weight at 45.25" to match my i25 but will the results be that different

aqua grip? That's a tiny thing. I know everyone's different but the white ping grip is darn small relative to most standards.

My i25 is std and that is perfect, my hand is 7" and finger 3.5", but guess if I go that way will get std (white)

Looked great!

Felt great!

Beat my G30 LS by a few yards!

Winning formula for me... 9 degree (digital) already on order!

I have been fit for the G LS Tec with the stiff Tour 65 shaft, aqua grip... I am confused by a few things on their website as it says the swing weight is D4 at a stock shaft length of 45.75" but then it says the tour 65 and tour 80 shafts are cut to a std 45.25"

Do you know what shaft length your order is coming in ?

I suppose I could just order D3 swing weight at 45.25" to match my i25 but will the results be that different

I play DI at 45.25 and ordered with D4 swing weight. Same way I ordered G30 and it came perfect.

Can you give us a more detailed review..or just post it on ATMG. I'm sure a few of us want to read about your findings :taunt:

2024 WITB: 

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 (@ 9.5) Diamana ZF 60S

TM MINI DRIVER??

Callaway Apex UW 19 deg MMT 70 Stiff

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour Rescue #4 AV Limited Blue 75 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Vokey SM10 48F, 56M, 60T (@61) DGS200

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

Which way would you go based on my nos below if I was buying either G LS Tec versus G Driver (I was fit for LS Tec)

I did an extensive test on my LM using both of my current Drivers.

SS when cold = 96 mph on XTD, 98 mph on Ping i25 Spin 2700 rpm +/- a few rpm

SS when warmed up = 102 max on XTD 105 max on I25, avg 100/103 respectively, carry 250 (XTD) 262 (i25)

BACKSPIN 2900 rpm +/- a few rpm (2800-3000 rpm range) on almost every swing of the 30 Drives I hit with each club once warm as per, my side spin avg = -200 rpm

CYnZlpmUwAAvh45.jpg

and overall

CYnZXpJUoAANaPY.jpg

Those numbers match my typical on course type numbers except I get a lot more roll with Ping than XTD

Question - will the LS Tec really lower my spin that much ?

Which way would you go based on my nos below if I was buying either G LS Tec versus G Driver (I was fit for LS Tec)

SS when warmed up = 102 max on XTD 105 max on I25, avg 100/103 respectively, carry 250 (XTD) 262 (i25)

BACKSPIN 2900 rpm +/- a few rpm (2800-3000 rpm range) on almost every swing of the 30 Drives I hit with each club once warm as per, my side spin avg = -200 rpm

CYnZlpmUwAAvh45.jpg

and overall

CYnZXpJUoAANaPY.jpg

Those numbers match my typical on course type numbers except I get a lot more roll with Ping than XTD

Doesn't the beginning of your post say you were fit for LS? I dropped a ton of spin instantly with the g30 LS, like 700+ rpms, but tough to say if the same will be true for someone else? Do you hit down on the ball? Your numbers look like mine did when I was inside out, closed face, but steep. I went from -3 to +3 AoA which helped with that launch number, your launch is too low.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Hit the new LS tec in the bay at the pgatour superstore monday. Love the new look of the head. It looked slightly smaller to me than my current LS tec g 30. Feel was great as well. Nothing huge in performance over my current gamer, played about the same as the stock LS tec g30 witht he same shaft but i'd buy it on looks and feel alone.

and overall

Doesn't the beginning of your post say you were fit for LS? I dropped a ton of spin instantly with the g30 LS, like 700+ rpms, but tough to say if the same will be true for someone else? Do you hit down on the ball? Your numbers look like mine did when I was inside out, closed face, but steep. I went from -3 to +3 AoA which helped with that launch number, your launch is too low.

I tee it higher by a bit on course when there is a tailwind or no wind but my garage monitor has fixed height tees. I have an AOA of -1 to 0 when I play into the wind but go all Patrick Rodgers ( as high as +3 AOA) when there is a tail wind or no wind but my best FWY % and avg nos are as shown.

I was fit for LS Tec but when I tinkered with their online PING fitting tool I could play any of the 3 Drivers.... SF TEC would be scary for me. I looked at the XR Pro 16 and the F6+ as well but am online now ordering the Ping LS TEC G in the exact numbers my fitting gave me.

The G LS interests me. It will be interesting to see how it performs up against my M1. Hopefully not as good, as having all TM clubs except for a driver would freak me out and throw my feng shui way out of kilter.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Had a chance to hit the 3 wood in both styles (reg and low spin) and while impressive, the club that grabbed me by the throat was the new driving iron. Hit the 3 iron equivalent and this club will be replacing my 5 wood very soon. Effortless and long!!!!

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

In regards to Ping shafts, just throwing this out there.

The Tfc419 looked a lot like the Tour Blue from Aldila (I believe most tfc419's had Aldila labels)

The Tour 65/80 looks eerily similar to the UST elements Chrome (I spoke with UST and they definitely confirmed they make the tour 65/80

For Ping and it's based on the Elements Chrome just a little lighter and softer.)

The Alta to me looks very similar to a Fuji Pro. Especially the blue paint color and the wide lettering down the shaft. Maybe this one is a Fuji made for ???

Ping G430 Max 10.5 Tensei Orange AV Raw 55 Reg

Ping G430 SFT 5w 19* Alta Black Reg

Ping G430 SFT 7w 23* Alta Black Reg

Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

The Alta is an Aldila variant which was confirmed by Ping Canada yesterday.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Ah cool. Did they say which Aldila it might be based on?

Ping 2023 Anser D

and overall

Nice. What launch monitor is that?

Ah cool. Did they say which Aldila it might be based on?

No, they said it was primarily the same as last years High Balance Point shaft.

Is this year's Ping tour 65 silver shafts exactly the same as the ones from the G30 line?

I'm curious about this as well. I would have hoped that they would have started offering more shaft options like the other manufacturers as well, but maybe that's why they keep the cost at $399 instead of $499?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Is this year's Ping tour 65 silver shafts exactly the same as the ones from the G30 line?

If you compare the specs on the ping site there is no difference.

Ping 2023 Anser D

To all the people proclaiming that the G is no improvement over the g30, what are you basing this off?

Ping G430 Max 10K digitally lofted 8.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue Velo+ 6X
Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 15 degree Diamana BF 70tx
Callaway Apex UW 19 GD AD TP-8x
Ping iCrossover 4 GD AD IZ-95x, Mizuno Pro 225 5 iron, Mizuno Pro 223 6-G Project X LZ Blackout 6.5
TM MG3 56 TW grind DG TI X100, TM MG4 60 SB C grind DG TI S400
LAB GOLF MEZZ1 LAB golf TPT shaft

Question for the veterans who have tried a bunch of the Ping drivers and checked on this before;

I have a Ping G25 and its been the best thing to ever happen to my game. I play the 9.5 turned down a little loft-wise.

I hit the G30 LS great last year on a trial run but my wife approved a new driver and I had the patience to hold off until the new G came out...

How accurate will the loft be when I order? I obviously havent hit it, but if I go with 10.5 LS will I need to be worried its lofted to 13 or 14 degrees? I don't really want to go with a 9 degree but I've never been fitted for a driver and its a lot tougher in Northern Canada as it is, hahaha.

Question for the veterans who have tried a bunch of the Ping drivers and checked on this before;

I have a Ping G25 and its been the best thing to ever happen to my game. I play the 9.5 turned down a little loft-wise.

I hit the G30 LS great last year on a trial run but my wife approved a new driver and I had the patience to hold off until the new G came out...

How accurate will the loft be when I order? I obviously havent hit it, but if I go with 10.5 LS will I need to be worried its lofted to 13 or 14 degrees? I don't really want to go with a 9 degree but I've never been fitted for a driver and its a lot tougher in Northern Canada as it is, hahaha.

I had a G25 10.5 and went to the G30 LS 10.5. The G30 LS launches lower for me than the g25, if that helps any.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

For a small upcharge, Ping will digitally loft the driver. Tolerances are very tight on that.

Ping G430 Max 10K digitally lofted 8.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue Velo+ 6X
Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 15 degree Diamana BF 70tx
Callaway Apex UW 19 GD AD TP-8x
Ping iCrossover 4 GD AD IZ-95x, Mizuno Pro 225 5 iron, Mizuno Pro 223 6-G Project X LZ Blackout 6.5
TM MG3 56 TW grind DG TI X100, TM MG4 60 SB C grind DG TI S400
LAB GOLF MEZZ1 LAB golf TPT shaft

Was told by ping that in addition to something like 23 different sole weights available, hot melt is also an order-able option for any head at no upcharge. The example they used was to take the draw bias out of an SF head if someone needs a higher loft

Ok, now THIS has my attention! I am going to order the LS in 10.5* with some hot melt in the heel to straighten it out and mute it a little. Heck, to me, the entire G line looks like a winner! I might be all in!!!

Anyone now of a decent place to buy only the head? I have absolutely no desire to switch shafts from my Tour65 from my G30LS. I love that thing.

Ping G430Max 10k - Ping G425Max 14* - Ping G430 19* - Ping G710 (4,5) - Ping i210 (6-U) - Ping S159 56* - Odyssey 7s - Chrome Tour

Digitally lofted the head is an $8.50 charge from Ping in Canada. At the launch on Tuesday they claimed accuracy of + or - .5 degrees on non-verified stock heads.

cozdog = "Nice. What launch monitor is that?"

It is a Golf Achiever LM..... it measures everything but uses the azimuth, ball speed, club head speed and club angles to calculate spin... One can also mess with temperature, course height, wind, club drag, ball types etc. I have had a lot of software problems using it for game play via the SIM but the basic LM I showed above works well and gets me very similar nos to my clubs on course. I do feel weird hitting indoors though and my swing never feels the same... feels really weird and when I video it I see that I am rushing and am not finishing my backswing which I rarely do on course... suppose in a few months when deep winter hits I may get more used to it but TBH I would not buy this LM again... should have gone for a good used GC2.

My Ping i25 avg for the last 4 months of rounds I logged into myroundpro.com shows 279 avg (hard fairways a lot of the time) and the other day in the cold and wet I was getting 251 avg.

I just did more tests today and I get such different nos with an i25 8.5* (launch 9* +/- 2*), Adams XTD 9* (launch 11* +/- 2*) and the old G30 Ls Tec 9* (borrowed my neighbours) at 13* +/- 1* and way different spin nos today with Red Tie Matrix similar shafts.

Adams was ball speed 141 mph avg and 252 yds +/- 11 yards backspin 2850 avg but best ball speed 146

Ping i25 was ball speed 148 avg and 272 +/- 12 yards backspin 2500 avg but best ball speed 155

G30 LSTec was ball speed 147 avg and 274 +/- 13 yards backspin 2222 avg but best ball speed 151

In fairness to the XTD I hit it last and was quite sore but my SS with the Ping clubs is 2-5 mph more consistently but on course this only seems to translate to 3-10 yards MAX over the XTD measured distances (I measure each shot on myroundpro etc).

When I tested Drivers at a professional LM I was getting the M1 at max 95 mph SS, the CGBB 103 mph (but ball was a duck hook), my i25 at 103, Adams at 101 etc and the LS Tec up to 105 consistently

The G LS interests me. It will be interesting to see how it performs up against my M1. Hopefully not as good, as having all TM clubs except for a driver would freak me out and throw my feng shui way out of kilter.

M1 is easily the lowest spinning head I've tried in 430. Too low for me as I have a +5AOA and and 5* inside out path with a spin axis of left around 15. Knuckle draw balls for sure.

I love the M1 460 but yesterday went back and tried the old trusted G30 vs my M1 and lone behold the G30 was 5 yards longer in Carry distance and about 8 in total.

The G30 10.5 with the tour 65x on flightscope had an Average clubhead speed around 106mph average carry was 265 and ball speed was around 158mph, ave smash for 30 shots was 1.49 with pretty good dispersion. Average launch was around 13.5 and spin around 2500rpm.

Not sure how much the new G spins less than the 30, so I don't know if I should order the LST G or standard. I've read that the LST is great for people that have left spin axis so I may just go 10.5 LST with the Tour 65x at Standard length.

M1 is easily the lowest spinning head I've tried in 430. Too low for me as I have a +5AOA and and 5* inside out path with a spin axis of left around 15. Knuckle draw balls for sure.

I love the M1 460 but yesterday went back and tried the old trusted G30 vs my M1 and lone behold the G30 was 5 yards longer in Carry distance and about 8 in total.

The G30 10.5 with the tour 65x on flightscope had an Average clubhead speed around 106mph average carry was 265 and ball speed was around 158mph, ave smash for 30 shots was 1.49 with pretty good dispersion. Average launch was around 13.5 and spin around 2500rpm.

Not sure how much the new G spins less than the 30, so I don't know if I should order the LST G or standard. I've read that the LST is great for people that have left spin axis so I may just go 10.5 LST with the Tour 65x at Standard length.

I've read its fade biased, hit a draw myself and loved it all year. Looking at some of my past numbers I see left spin axis of 8-10 myself. Speaking of numbers, this was the 10.5 LST in the big + setting last time I jumped on trackman, first swing in jeans and no warmup, I'm not sure they are beatable to be honest.

SS 102.9 Smash 1.52 BS 156.3 Launch 12.7 Spin 2350 Carry 267 Total 292 Landing angle 36*. I picked up so much yardage this year over the g25 due to spin and lowering the landing angle from 45 to 36.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link