My PGA show.....a lefty perspective ....

aue21

I have been to the show and demo day about 5 times in the past and being from the north , the wait is killer in getting down there to play/see/hit some balls off grass...

About myself, I am a scratch player that was a level one PGM guy until I had two kids, and that dream of retiring from my other career and work in the business went out the window..LOL.

I went down there as I am a tech rep for titleist in the spring and I am a club nut.I always tell myself that if I was righty I would be divorced!! I always try and hit things lefty and PUTT with the new stuff before leaving.

Here are my opinions

Putters

Directed force putters were a hit at the show, Yes it's not gonna win a beauty contest but it did have a great feel of of it and had some investing tech with the fitting process.

A great PGA club professionial who I know from playing in events bought one right in front of me....

piretti had not one lefty...

I bought a anser style from the guys at Carbon Putters....great milling and great finishes on the other RH models. Check them out

Seemore had mostly the same stuff except for the Giant ...great look but I could not make anything ...

Edel, I love their stuff and if you were Righty you were in heaven, the putters are a work of art, I have 2 and love them, I got the Laser fitting and bought a custom torque balanced one as we as lefties will never see this fitting cart again..Lol Matt Jones did the fitting and felt I got something I was truly fit for, the other 2 guys I knew there ( PGA pros )bought one as well

Demo day was a nice day, played before and was All warmed up.. The key is to play on site as you would have to park in Miami if you get there late...

m2 was awesome, easier to hit compared to my M1. My buddy who is long hit it 347 on the flightscope...jeez

Ping G felt great and looked easier to hit at address, it was straight but shorter in distance as compared to others there,

The Bridgestone driver was something that us lefty guys here in NY don't see.

It was the J model and it hit straight shot again and again,the shafts I tried made it better each one. And settled on a GD tour ad DI6x. Give it a try....

Wilson tour 3 wood was nice ,stiff only shafts but it has a nice classic look .People liked the driver a lot

Did not hit cobra and cally. I have a Cobra King driver and I tell you it is a very good club with a muted feel ...

In the gadget and gizmos section we all bought the DST training iron, I liked the concept and had one range session with it after purchase and can see its benefits , I saw the thread about this but I do have to say I saw ALOT of people with them.

Nexbelts were great

2undr was nice stuff and we bought a dozen pairs between us....

if you have the means the simulators they have now are unbelievable ....

The stuff I think will be a hot seller will be the M2 line, the Cally stuff were given great reviews as my buddies hit this as well and loved the woods.

I realize the grammar is not the best but I gave it a try...Be Well.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to demo day later then i wanted but....i tipped a guy in a golf cart to give me a ride so all was well :) Edel stuff is crazy cool and being a righty I loved what Piretti brought, they really surprised me this year and i did ended up grabbing a putter from them. Wish i would have tried the direct force putters but it was just too out there for me. If i have to use something like that I might just stop playing, not kidding.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS / Fuji Ventus Blue TR 6X               

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue TR 7X               

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 18*  / Veylix Rome 988X

Edel SMS irons / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Edel EAS 1.5

• 5 years later...