2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Life of a Conditional Web.com Member

GolfingBro

Well dang.. So here is what went down, the double on hole 16 was just a tee shot too far left it was headed to hazard but he got a good break and it didn't go it, but he had a brutal shot to green that he needed to draw and I am guessing he over drew it, had to bend around trees and this time it went in hazard.

But great bounce back with birdies on hole 17/18 and almost on 1 and 2 as well. Just missed. He got in tree trouble on hole 3 first right then the punch out was left tree trouble so he had to punch out again, but he managed to hit his 4th shot close and make the putt to save par.

The bogey on hole 7 was a brutal 4 putt. He had an insane long lag putt that I think he thought would break left and it did not, it broke right.. Missed the second putt which was probably about 8-10 feet and was close but that small putt lipped out.. Brutal!!!

I think that is why he 3 putted hole 9, had that lip out in back of mind unfortunately.

After the round he shared that he feels very run down, we talked and think that the travel, the uncertainty and the stress of not knowing where he will play next is affecting him. It is not an excuse, just a fact and that is something he just has to deal with. When we looked back at his schedule over the past 6 weeks it was pretty tough with lots of time changes and lots of travel time and lots of rounds. He will have to just dig deep and do the best he can tomorrow. I think he needs to shoot -3 to make the cut.

Of course as the mom, it concerns me, I worry about his overall health. He isn't one to complain either so if he says he is rundown then he is really rundown.

Lets hope he can muster the mental and physical strength to get it done tomorrow..

Its going to be close to cut line after today. Not looking good at the moment. I probably will miss the cut by a shot. If I miss a cut it seems that I miss cuts by a shot. And that is never fun. I have been struggling with extreme fatigue this week. My muscles are activating and I feel as if I have played 6 weeks in a row. This is technically kind of true since I haven't had a true break in the last two months.

June 6th is the US Open sectionals and I play in Daly City. Olympic Club Ocean first at 830 and then Lake Merced at 150.

Dang that was a nail biter day for sure.. His buddy Tyler Light was scored wrong and then when it got fixed the cut moved back to even, therefore causing immense heartbreak to the +1's.. It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow with the heaviest around noon so an early tee time will be good I think.

He rested all day, won't be 100% but he can dig deep, he did today, and see what can happen.

Fantastic final round -5 to finish in the top 25. Too bad that doesn't get you in next week, but it sounds like rest and recovery are needed more than golf.

Rest up and go qualify for the US Open!

Good luck.

It will definitely help in the reshuffle and should get him a couple of starts down the road!!

Super Job Matthew, low man final round!!

Very Nicely Played :)

Continued success!!

Relax, Recharge and Enjoy the Holiday :)

Always,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Was a pleasure watching and meeting you both.

Welcome to the board :)

Have a Great season!!

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

Richard

Was a pleasure watching and meeting you both.

Welcome to the board :)

Have a Great season!!

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Below is a picture from this last event, that is Scott MacDonald, he was the assigned caddy for him this week. Super nice man and was so patient with all the crazy rain delay on day 3 and not a bit of complaint being out there till 830 pm. It's guys like him and the boatload of volunteers who make these events so great.

So we arose at 310am and got back to our home at 12:30 pm.. Matthew gets a text from the tour at 3:30 pm saying he is in Victoria if he wants. He is choosing to rest (which he really needs) but we are hopeful he will get the text for the 3rd event which starts the week of June 6. I suggested he pack for a week and be ready to go since he is headed to SFO for US Open Sectionals anyway. If he gets the nod, he can make arrangements last minute. He is not a fan of the uncertainly.. Neither am I, it is a pain and it is more expensive and honestly why do players wait to sign up at the last minute and then decide to w/d when things are underway? Its not ideal for anyone really.

Anyway, hopefully he gets another start before the reshuffle. Although he may be fine with his winnings from Vancouver. Hard to say.

With qualifying at Olympic Club, have you ever played there? If you're in the area and want to see the course early I can send a text to see if i can get you on. Not sure if they let you play early because of qualifying

I have. I'm actually a member out at the club. So I've seen it a few times ;)

Great finishing round and great weekend in general!! And my fiancé just told she went to high school with Brad Caldwell. I think his first even was this weekend.

Thank you.

So I just finished watching the national championship and it bugs me so much that it is at Oregon's home course. Can you shed any light on this:has it always been like that and are you ok with it or should it be neutral field? I have little knowledge so my opinion may be ignorant, hoping to get more insight

Taylormade RBZ Tour TP 9
Taylormade RBZ Tour TP 14.5
Callaway Apex MB 2-PW
Titleist SM7 52, SM5 58
Taylormade Spider Tour

So I just finished watching the national championship and it bugs me so much that it is at Oregon's home course. Can you shed any light on this:has it always been like that and are you ok with it or should it be neutral field? I have little knowledge so my opinion may be ignorant, hoping to get more insight

Courses are selected in advance, the NCAA have already selected courses for the 2017 and 2018 Championships -- http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2015-01-15/future-di-mens-womens-golf-regional-championship-sites-announced. This year it just happened to be that Oregon had a good enough team to reach the National Championship from there they happened to be the best team on the selected course this year. It doesn't always work out that the home team wins every time they are on their home course.

“He that can have patience can have what he will.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course – the distance between your ears.” ~ Bobby Jones
“A good player who is a great putter is a match for any golfer. A great hitter who cannot putt is a match for no one.” ~ Ben Sayers

Courses are selected in advance, the NCAA have already selected courses for the 2017 and 2018 Championships -- http://www.ncaa.com/...ites-announced. This year it just happened to be that Oregon had a good enough team to reach the National Championship from there they happened to be the best team on the selected course this year. It doesn't always work out that the home team wins every time they are on their home course.

Ok that's good to know, but why select any schools' home course in the first place? Just in case?

Taylormade RBZ Tour TP 9
Taylormade RBZ Tour TP 14.5
Callaway Apex MB 2-PW
Titleist SM7 52, SM5 58
Taylormade Spider Tour