2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Life of a Conditional Web.com Member

GolfingBro

> @GolfingBro said:

> Thank you for all the comments and posts. Its interesting to read everyones thoughts on the matter as I'm guessing the majority are older and wiser than I. I'm glad to have shared an insight to the ups and downs of the past 4 years. Golf will always be in my life. Who knows, I could play a Korn Ferry Monday qualifier and get in and play great in the next few years and golf will be back on the forefront. Golf can have unexpected results. Worst case I will get my amateur status back one day. My swing coach actually wished he could be a teaching pro and play amateur golf but alas thats not possible. He said its the easiest way to play in the Masters...if there is such a thing...but the Mid am is a good route for that.

>

> In other news I was pursuing a real estate salesperson license this past year. Today I went into the DRE and officially passed and am now a California Licensed Real estate salesperson. It will most likely be a side gig until I start getting some clients and then referrals. Finding housings and finding buyers for homes will be fun! So all y'all come to California and buy a house with me. lol

Congrats on making your decision and getting licensed so quickly. As others have said, your work ethic will certainly transfer into the "real world" and I think you'll find great success in RE. I made a career change last year into real estate as well (exporting business took a dive in 2016...) and I can't recommend enough to invest in a website and google/adwerks advertising. Just $1k/month has netting me a $70k return this year and we still have 3 months left. Real estate does take time to begin paying off, give it a year at least. Good luck to you and feel free to DM me if I can help in any way.

• Like 2

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Have been a silent reader for years now (from argentina).

Glad you found a job and already got a promotion. After reading your posts through the years, I m convinced that you ll be fine.

Thanks for sharing your pro-golf journey and hope to see your name again in some leaderboard!!

best wishes for the future! maybe you can write a book with the stories and ups and downs of your pro-golf career!

• 1 month later...

Maddie & I just want to give a shout out to Matthew for an Incredible Achievement, having recently been selected for his University’s, University of California, Davis Aggies, Sports Hall of Fame!!

A Fantastic acknowledgement and honor for an Outstanding Amateur & Collegiate career️!!

He carried himself as a Player and a Gentleman both on the course and off!!

Very Very Nicely Played Brother?

Also, a tip of the hat? to your Parents, for the Love, support and Patience to allow you to chase your dream!!

Oh yea, and for those genes???

Stay Well, Stay Healthy and All The Best to You & Your Better Half?

Madison & Richard

533A420XCDEH.jpeg

CD6I9F04R8AZ.jpeg

K630DLC8PXOJ.jpeg

• Like 4

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I’ve somehow managed to miss the last three months of posts. A lot happened.

Congratulations Matt on the new job. You sound excited and that is a really good thing.

And you never know what turns life will take. Sometime take a look at Nate Lashley’s journey. He gave up the grind and took a real estate job for a short time, then decide to give it one more shot.

No matter what, best of luck. I bet mom is glad to have you around more often.

• Like 1

Congratulations! I've enjoyed reading your posts immensely. I hope you and your fiancée have the best life imaginable!

Question: On the pro golf side of life, would you do anything differently? If so, what would that be? Thanks!

• Like 1

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much. There is only one thing I would've done different. The year I had conditional Web.com membership I decided to do a couple PGA tour mondays and a couple Web mondays and then head up to the Mackenzie Tour for the summer. Given what I know now and how 1 monday qualifier and 1 good event can change a season, I would've chased every single Monday across the country. Other than that my team and I had a great game plan.

• Like 2

Congratulations Matt! Best of luck in the future!!!

• Like 2

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Matt, congrats on new job and engagement :)

and i would say good timing on career change with CV virus around........... it's going to be a much bigger pain for guys trying to climb the golf ladder now.

2 technical questions,

1) can you monday qualify pga tour/web and then play web/canada that week? or does monday qualifying tie u to the higher level event for that week?

2) how do you become eligible to enter monday qualify?... i have definitely seen pre-qualify for pga and maybe KF events too........ is the criteria being a member of a pga tour?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

First off, Happy Belated Brotha?

Thats great that you got your real estate license as that gives ya some flexibility professionally!!

Lord only knows what the "new normal" is or is going to be, however you all will most likely be able to have a wedding more to what you both want by July '21.

I was talkin to your Mother and we can't wait till March 2021 rolls around so we can start a Mid-Am thread, lol?

Nathan remembers meeting you and your Mother at the Am, he said to say hey and congratulations on your engagement and he can't believe that you're approaching 30 and hittin the "ole Man's Tour," lolol.

Stay well, stay healthy and continued success Brotha?

My Best,

Richard 

Edited by Forged4ever
  • Like 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

• 4 months later...

I followed your journey for a while and recently stumbled back on it. I am glad to hear everything is going well with you. I have a buddy on the Korn ferry tour and he even made the pga for one year. I know how difficult of a life that is and glad you were able to make the decision you did and be happy with it. 

On 9/14/2019 at 11:20 AM, kcsf said:

> @GolfingBro said:

> Thank you for all the comments and posts. Its interesting to read everyones thoughts on the matter as I'm guessing the majority are older and wiser than I. I'm glad to have shared an insight to the ups and downs of the past 4 years. Golf will always be in my life. Who knows, I could play a Korn Ferry Monday qualifier and get in and play great in the next few years and golf will be back on the forefront. Golf can have unexpected results. Worst case I will get my amateur status back one day. My swing coach actually wished he could be a teaching pro and play amateur golf but alas thats not possible. He said its the easiest way to play in the Masters...if there is such a thing...but the Mid am is a good route for that.

>

> In other news I was pursuing a real estate salesperson license this past year. Today I went into the DRE and officially passed and am now a California Licensed Real estate salesperson. It will most likely be a side gig until I start getting some clients and then referrals. Finding housings and finding buyers for homes will be fun! So all y'all come to California and buy a house with me. lol

Congrats on making your decision and getting licensed so quickly. As others have said, your work ethic will certainly transfer into the "real world" and I think you'll find great success in RE. I made a career change last year into real estate as well (exporting business took a dive in 2016...) and I can't recommend enough to invest in a website and google/adwerks advertising. Just $1k/month has netting me a $70k return this year and we still have 3 months left. Real estate does take time to begin paying off, give it a year at least. Good luck to you and feel free to DM me if I can help in any way.

I am in Florida and have been looking to get into real estate.   I can get a web site done.  Do you gain listings or clients by using adwords or just get interested buyers?  Thanks for any help.  I tried to get a job at a local club and muni course but they were not hiring.

• 1 month later...

Matthew got some great news as the USGA has reinstated his amateur status!! I know that you've gotta lot on your plate right now, however when the day comes, I can't wait to follow your Mid-Am journey!!

I know that your biggest fan, @agatha, is very excited😄

Congratz on your reinstatement Brotha & Continued Success👊

My Best,

Richard 

36E0F90F-EA98-428E-BCAF-2DE8D420C767.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @Forged4ever.

I am looking forward to competing again in amateur events. I have the US Junior Am and US Amateur on my resume. Next up is the US Mid Am!

The good news is I can find time between my real estate job out here in Northern California as well as my accounting job.

Edited by GolfingBro
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

A big shout-out and congratulations to Matthew for picking up as a Mid-Am where he left off as a collegiate Am, medaling in his first tourney out of the gates since being reinstated, the NCGA Mid-Am Championship Qualifier!! On the bag was his Lovely Fiancée, Christy, who I have no doubt, kept him calm, in the present and with just a smile, let him know that it's just a game and to just have some fun. 

Not to speak for Matthew, however I'm guessin that it was a pretty fun day😉😃

It's nice when my starred "Favorite" also happens to be at the top of the Leader Board, lolol😂😂🤙

Also a shout-out to Mama Bear @agathaHansen, as I have missed our intra-tourney exchanges and tryin to calm your nerves, of which I have been a massive failure😂🤗😘

Great job Brotha👊

Continued Success🏆

RP

EC66485C-B5B5-44BB-A7E1-E407168279AD.jpeg

Edited by Forged4ever
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...