2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2016-2017 NFL Thread

highergr0und

Might as well start it..... The big name cuts are about to start

RGIII gone

Manning all signs point to gone

Cousins might sign somewhere besides Washington (please don't go to Cleveland)

Kaep keeps his job in SF? Could be a fun year over there

And the big question is.... which team is going to massively overreach for a QB in this weak draft?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pey please retire, I don't want you to die on the field. Also if you don't retire I almost guarantee it that John will cut you. Ideally figure out a way to restructure Clady and shore up the oline, get as much of that d back as possible (probably gonna lose Tre and Malik) and lets go back-back.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Over/Under on offseason arrests? I'll say 24.5 and take the over. Last year it trended down think 2016 is prime for a rebound.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Pey please retire, I don't want you to die on the field. Also if you don't retire I almost guarantee it that John will cut you. Ideally figure out a way to restructure Clady and shore up the oline, get as much of that d back as possible (probably gonna lose Tre and Malik) and lets go back-back.

He's gonna get cut if he doesn't retire. Only way they'd have a shot to keep that D together would be to find a QB to play for a veteran minimum and try to Dilfer their way to another SB.

And now Kaepernick wants out of SF? Seems like Chip Kelly is already working his magic.

Seems to me that maybe he should try and win a SB with good players before trying to prove to everyone he can do it with bad ones....

I have a feeling Kaep wants out for being betrayed the last few years before Kelly was ever there.... Good try though.

I think the big reach of this years draft is Cleveland likely taking Jared Goff at 2. Yes, Cleveland NEEDS a QB and Goff has talent but not top 2 pick talent. They play in the AFC North which is a very offensive division with the Bengals and Steelers and the Browns have a big issue with their pass rush. I think a more beneficial pick for them is grabbing Joey Bosa and then going after someone like Chase Daniel in free agency.

@knock it close I think you are correct that Trevathan is gone (I think Chicago or Indianapolis) but I think they have a chance to keep Jackson if they are able to re work deals for Clady and Ware. They would also have to get him for less than what he could get in free agency but who knows maybe he takes a little less coin to stay with a great franchise?

For my Vikes I think it's simple this off season:

1. Lock up Harrison Smith he's too good to let him even think about testing the open market.

2. Find a #1 option at receiver at finding a replacement for Chad Greenway in the draft. I think best way to do this is to draft Darron Lee out of Ohio State with our first round pick and then maybe try to trade up in the 2nd round and hope to steal Cory Coleman or Josh Doctson.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | Aldila Tour Green 75TX

3 Wood: PING G425 LST | Diamana 'ahina 80X

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 | Project X 6.5

Irons: PING S55 | Project X 6.5

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 | DG TI S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour S CB

Hoping Johnny Manziel gets it all turned around.

Guy is extremely talented yet a train-wreck combined with a nuclear explosion off the field

Where do you think RG3 ends up? I say he could end up in San Fran or Dallas, allow him to mature behind Romo

Driver: Tour Issued TaylorMade M4, 9.1 Deg // Matrix VLCT 60g X flex
3 Wood: Tour Issued TaylorMade M1, 3HL 17.1 Deg // Diamana D+ 82g X flex
3 Iron: Adams DHY 21 Deg // Matrix White Tie 83g X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
Wedges: Callaway MD4, 52, 56 & 60 // TT DG Tour Issued S200
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 
Bag: Titelst StaDry

Grip: GolfPride MCC Team Red/Yellow (Calgary Flames colors)

And now Kaepernick wants out of SF? Seems like Chip Kelly is already working his magic.

Seems to me that maybe he should try and win a SB with good players before trying to prove to everyone he can do it with bad ones....

I have a feeling Kaep wants out for being betrayed the last few years before Kelly was ever there.... Good try though.

Lol right.

I'm torn on this one. The only reason I was on board with Chip was what he could do with Kaep at QB, but on the other hand I get why Kaep would want out dudes been cannon fodder for York/Paarag/Baalke and the organization is dumpster fire.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Yeah the 49er front office is a joke. Kaep pretty much out the door and lets not forget this team had the WORST offseason of any team in pro sports last year losing something like 11 starters. guys in their early 30's retiring after Harbaugh was canned. It's a mess over in Santa Clara these days.

Yeah the 49er front office is a joke. Kaep pretty much out the door and lets not forget this team had the WORST offseason of any team in pro sports last year losing something like 11 starters. guys in their early 30's retiring after Harbaugh was canned. It's a mess over in Santa Clara these days.

Bro, Just when I don't think you can outdo yourself with your Avatar, you DO!!!

Adorable!!!

Extremely Well Played :)

Have a great weekend!!

Stay Well My Friend,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

If Kaep has an IQ north of 95-100, he sits down across from Kelly and finds out his thoughts and plans before making a decision on his future.

Or, if the cupboard's bare and he's got zero weapons and no line to protect him or he's lost the confidence of those guys in the huddle....

If that's the case, then it's definitely time to move on down the road-

Just my .01 worth

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

If he wants to win a superbowl with bad players Kaep needs an extension.

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

WOW, those odds on the Stillers next season are scary, lol

They must be lookin at a team that I don't see, though I do only have vision outa one eye ;)

That defense will be hard pressed to Play up to this past year where they bent but didn't break~

I see em breakin much more and especially in the defensive backfield-

With Ben and his WR's, they'll always be a threat though I'm skeptical of them being able to mount any kind of consistent running game when needed.

Then ya have Coach T-

I used to be a big fan of his, and his mediocrity as a "game" coach wasn't a concern as he's no better, no worse than most because there are only less than a handful of "excellent" game coaches.

He's a straight shooter and his Bois believe in him, which is critical for the Big Dog-

He just had some "WTF" moments that I'd never seen before, especially when they were at critical times in critical games.

Sorta like some of the "old" Phil's bonehead decisions when he was staring victory right in the eyes.

I hope it was just a fleeting case of Intellectual Flatulence :)

Time will tell....

Have a nice weekend BroMeisters :)

My Best,

RP

I'm just screwed this year..... Been a Lions fan my whole life, and decided to become a Titans fan as well this past year.

Lions are losing weapons around Stafford and losing guys on defense. And the Titans, well they pulled an extra Lions move making Mularkey the coach. At least they have the first pick and should take Tunsil to give Mariota some decent protection opposite of Lewan.

I think the big reach of this years draft is Cleveland likely taking Jared Goff at 2. Yes, Cleveland NEEDS a QB and Goff has talent but not top 2 pick talent. They play in the AFC North which is a very offensive division with the Bengals and Steelers and the Browns have a big issue with their pass rush. I think a more beneficial pick for them is grabbing Joey Bosa and then going after someone like Chase Daniel in free agency.

@knock it close I think you are correct that Trevathan is gone (I think Chicago or Indianapolis) but I think they have a chance to keep Jackson if they are able to re work deals for Clady and Ware. They would also have to get him for less than what he could get in free agency but who knows maybe he takes a little less coin to stay with a great franchise?

For my Vikes I think it's simple this off season:

1. Lock up Harrison Smith he's too good to let him even think about testing the open market.

2. Find a #1 option at receiver at finding a replacement for Chad Greenway in the draft. I think best way to do this is to draft Darron Lee out of Ohio State with our first round pick and then maybe try to trade up in the 2nd round and hope to steal Cory Coleman or Josh Doctson.

yea I heard talks of trevathan to the Bears, makes sense with the Fox connection. I know Elway and co sat down with Ware and Clady today or yesterday, so hopefully some reworking.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

There is also a very good chance that Balke, York, Chip all want to trade Kaep and are talking him up to increase his value, or at the very least explore the option. If they can move up a few spots and get a QB that they really want than Kaep is useless to them. Of course all of this would not have been necessary if they didn't fire one of the best coaches or win their final game last year to drop back in the draft.

Hoping Johnny Manziel gets it all turned around.

Guy is extremely talented yet a train-wreck combined with a nuclear explosion off the field

Where do you think RG3 ends up? I say he could end up in San Fran or Dallas, allow him to mature behind Romo

Manziel has repeatedly proven he's an idiot, I think he's done in the NFL for a while. He could go to Canada if he gets his act together and prove to the big boys that he's matured and maybe come back.

I think the RGIII to Dallas is good in theory. The problem there is Jerry Jones. I can imagine Romo (I personally believe he's overrated) having a few bad games and see Jones calling for RGIII when he's still not really ready. Apparently RGIII also needs to learn some true leadership skills if you're to believe the stuff that's been written in the past.

The Leos! Now under the guidance of The Widow Ford, with an entirely new front office and scouting staff, who knows. And why should anyone care.

Went in doubt, draft a WR. Give the new HC, some tools to work with. Wait....What?.....He didn't get replaced?.....Nevermind.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I feel like RGIII would gain a lot by signing with a club like Denver. Be a back-up for a year, build up your confidence, and then seize the opportunity.

I get the sense RG3 won't want to settle for a strict backup role and would want a chance to start. Remember, he compares himself to Aaron Rodgers…

http://www.washingto...dgers/?page=all

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Wonder if Hue Jackson will kick the tires on RGIII or possibly LA for the irony that would be great they fleeced Washington for all those pics and still end up with RGIII.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Over/Under on offseason arrests? I'll say 24.5 and take the over. Last year it trended down think 2016 is prime for a rebound.

Hey we're off and running Jalen Strong arrested for possessing the weed.

Suggs last night a couple miles from my house lol

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

I am more than happy with what the raiders gm, reggie mckenzie has done so far this offseason. Outside of rodney hudson last year, most of his free agent pickups were lower tier guys that he would sign to 1-year prove it deals or cheap experienced guys that could lend some leadership and knowledge to the younger players. Getting two high-profile free agents to sign in oakland is just crazy to me since he's always expressed a desire to build the team through the draft. It doesnt hurt that the raiders had the 2nd most money available to spend and our last 2 drafts have basicaly been homeruns. I think the pressure is on them now to not only get into the playoffs, but also make a strong run. Time will tell since they still have huge holes in the secondary and i'm not sure what they're going to do about the LT spot (im hoping they get resolved through another FA or two and with their draft picks)