2016-2017 NFL Thread

highergr0und

Almost 48 hours and not a single post on the NFL thread?

This must coincide with the NFL's ratings being quite a bit down. lol

For goodness sakes it is the Middle of The Season boys!

Damn skippy get on your horses and give us a take on something NFL.

As has been the case over the past couple of weeks, give us your strongest 3 predictions for the weekend.

If you have not been on this thread for a while let me tell you something.

Our member Commerce Tiger has been on fire with his picks. I think he was something like 75% + for Oct.

He was probably ordering Top Shelf for himself in the 3rd Quarter last night when he knew his Falcon's ticket would be cashing! I am sure he was loving what Matty and Julio were doing to the division rival Buc's.

He is quite the Falcon's fan.

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week, if Big Ben is unable to play, the Ravens will secure Landry Jones a starting job with another team in 2017.

The Giants have a chance to be the most unimpressive team in the history of the NFL to make the playoffs. I'm not sure how their coaches stay awake through their games.

The Dolphins continue their mini winning streak. Jay Ajayi does not rush for 200 yds, though.

The Vikings will continue to be inept offensively, but will probably find a way to win. The Lions' games have all been within 7 points, with 6 out of 8 being four points or less. Sound familiar? Blow out city.

Indy vs GB - running backs optional.

Thanks Crab for the post.

Here is a fun stat I just learned. The Vikings currently have the lowest AVG Rush Yards per attempt of 2.66 yds. in the league.

That is the lowest of any NFL team in 32 years ! The Vikings have only 503 yards on the ground this season. The Giants have

only 492 total yards on the ground for the season. You are right the Giants are THE snoozers in the NFC East.

The Ravens have the No.1 defense in the AFC. You do not see them rising up following a bye against the Steelers?

Crab, take a guess of the total combined passing yards in the GB/Indy game. 650+ ?

Here is a fun stat I just learned. The Vikings currently have the lowest AVG Rush Yards per attempt of 2.66 yds. in the league.

That is the lowest of any NFL team in 32 years ! The Vikings have only 503 yards on the ground this season. The Giants have

only 492 total yards on the ground for the season. You are right the Giants are THE snoozers in the NFC East.

The Ravens have the No.1 defense in the AFC. You do not see them rising up following a bye against the Steelers?

Crab, take a guess of the total combined passing yards in the GB/Indy game. 650+ ?

#1 defense doesn't mean what it used to, lol. Teams have needed 4th qtr scores to beat the Ravens the past 4 games, and the D has failed to stop them.

Hmm, I'll go 610. I could see both QBs throwing for 300, but Rodgers (246) and Ryan (288) were pretty effective without breaking 300 last week.

Jameis shows his toughness. He took a big hit in stride.

http://www.totalpros...utm_campaign=fb

For week 9 my predictions are

Miami has it tough to start against their division rivals, and then pulls away at home. 24 -16

Taking the 6 1/2 points with the Lions at Minny Vikings 17 Lions 14 close black n' blue rivalry

Carolina has a decent margin win in CA. Panthers 24 Rams 13

#1 defense doesn't mean what it used to, lol. Teams have needed 4th qtr scores to beat the Ravens the past 4 games, and the D has failed to stop them.

Defense looked pretty good today, but Rothlisberger was obviously not close to 100%. WRs made some drops, as well.

Lions 24- Vikings 17

Panthers beat Rams 31-14

Giants beat Eagles 24-21

heading for another 3 for 3 !!!! yahoo you !

For week 9 my predictions are

Miami has it tough to start against their division rivals, and then pulls away at home. 24 -16

Taking the 6 1/2 points with the Lions at Minny Vikings 17 Lions 14 close black n' blue rivalry

Carolina has a decent margin win in CA. Panthers 24 Rams 13

for me 2 wins and a push in Miami......just can't beat Commerce Tiger. Boy that man is hot with the picks, he is over 75%-80% weekly going on 5 weeks now. Play his picks and beat your man !

Don't believe me ? back track this thread and see for yourself.

What is the play for tonight in Oakland boys? Hot offense against a stingy D, so who you got?

Defense looked pretty good today, but Rothlisberger was obviously not close to 100%. WRs made some drops, as well.

We have a win for the Charm City in the NFL today.... Crab is happy !

Natty's for everyone gents ...........on Crab !

cc781be6d1804bd909ff859e3ee48c08.jpg

Watched a bit of the game today. Good thing that sticking out of Flacco's left knee was not a bone! lol

Raiders / Broncos is a PK'm and the total is 44 points.

Watched a bit of the game today. Good thing that sticking out of Flacco's left knee was not a bone! lol

Yeah! Flacco needs to get a Slip N Slide and spend his summer practicing! LOL! It doesn't look like he practices in training camp - the most awkward slider in the NFL. Get Machado to stroll over from CY to give a few pointers!

We have a win for the Charm City in the NFL today.... Crab is happy !

Natty's for everyone gents ...........on Crab !

cc781be6d1804bd909ff859e3ee48c08.jpg

Pittsburgh "special" teams:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000734584/Steelers-attempt-rabona-style-onside-kick-fail

yes this link ^ It is embarrassment on the big stage right there.

Yeah! Flacco needs to get a Slip N Slide and spend his summer practicing! LOL! It doesn't look like he practices in training camp - the most awkward slider in the NFL. Get Machado to stroll over from CY to give a few pointers!

Manny coming over from the Yard to teach ! love it

Hmm, I'll go 610. I could see both QBs throwing for 300, but Rodgers (246) and Ryan (288) were pretty effective without breaking 300 last week.

Luck 281 yds. Godgers 297 yds. Crab guesses 610 combined, solid prediction I'd say.

Godgers also rushed for 43 yds.

Indy rolls into Lambeau with nice weather and shuts the Pack down.

Get off Indy fans.

A. Luck is class too, good for him.

Broncos and the under 24-17

I have no idea on the score, but will take the Raiders by a field goal.

Broncos and the under 24-17

must be pretty cold up there in Alberta right about now

Antoher pitiful primetime performance, thankfully I had hockey so I missed most of the game eh.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

I would say the two teams from last night's game are heading in different directions.

But to be honest take out Aqib Talib and you are taking away a real difference maker on Denver's D.

Remember Raider's fans that Denver started a 4th and 5th string D Backs last night.

Broncos you still had a bad performance stopping the running game.

Nice to see the Raiders be relevant again.

signed NFC East fan

Don't look now but the Leo's are just a .5 game out in the NFC Central heading into their bye week. With winnable games against the Jags and Vikings, both at home in the next two. Road games @ NO, NYG, Dallas. Doubtful there will be any wins to be had. Holding serve at home may get them to 8-7 heading into the last game with the Pack at home for the whole enchilada. With tiebreakers in hand against the Vikings.

Who am I kidding with this nonsensical thinking? It's the Leo's were talking about. They"ll probably loose to the Jags to end all this rank speculation. With two weeks to rest and game plan, Caldwell and crew will blow it with some YTBD Lion'esque play. SOL.

Did I watch yesterday? Nope, not one minute. Didn't know the outcome till we returned to the clubhouse. To nice of an early November day to squander. There was golf to be played. Give Prater a raise. He bailed their a**** out big time yesterday.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Midway(-ish) through the season and...

Surprises (good): Oakland, Dallas, Minnesota (but heading in the wrong direction)

Surprises (poor): Carolina, Arizona

Best division: NFC East, maybe AFC West. 3rd place Broncos are 6-3, but all those teams look more "fragile", particularly on offense (except for San Diego, who may have figured out what to do with that 30 minute hole in their schedule known as the 2nd half, lol).

Worst division: AFC North 11-21-1, nuff said. Distant 2nd would be AFC South - Texans are really 5-3?! 1.5 games ahead of the Colts?!

Don't sleep on: Cards, Saints.

Rookie of the year: Dak Elliott. What a coup by the Cowpokes in this year's draft! I lean towards Zeke, though - strong run game making Dak's job easier..

Trend: Return of the feature back? Elliott, DJ, Gordon, D Murray, L Murray, Bell, Ajayi... A few years ago, there was AP and close to 30 RBCs (even the #1 RB would have weeks with only 10-15 carries).

All I got, for now...

I think the NFC East is grossly overrated, I mean Dallas' one "really good" win doesn't look all that great now that the pack just lost at home to the colts. The eagles have lost 4 of 5. The boys have the easiest schedule in the league and sooner or later will be exposed as pretenders.

I disagree on the afc north too, the browns being 0-9 are skewing the w-l record. I think the other three teams could win a playoff came on the road against anyone but the pats. No way I'd say that about anyone in the south.

Denver really has to figure out a way to stop backs, whether it be on the ground or in the passing game. Tom and Bill are probably just salivating right now.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Tonight's prediction. Seattle isn't all that great this year but they are at home so I think they win. I see a low scoring game. Something like 17-13

Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
Mizuno MP63 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1120495-commerce-tigers-odd-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Tonight's prediction. Seattle isn't all that great this year but they are at home so I think they win. I see a low scoring game. Something like 17-13

Yea, I think it all depends on how healthy and effective shady can be, if he's hobbled they won't crack double digits

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62