Jacks House

vitaminsteve

Rosaforte reported top 40 were invited. Justin Thomas sitting at 45th right now. I think this may be some motivation for JT thus week. Keegan Bradley is 42nd so why was he invited?

How is JT at 45? Does his win from the wrap around not count?

Good question. A better question might be how is Vaughan Taylor well inside the top 20.

Top 40 in Ryder Cup points, not 15-16 money list

Not sure what your point is? Nobody said anything about money lists. Justin Thomas is 45th in the Ryder Cup points standings while Vaughan Taylor is 13th. Makes no sense to me.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosaforte reported top 40 were invited. Justin Thomas sitting at 45th right now. I think this may be some motivation for JT thus week. Keegan Bradley is 42nd so why was he invited?

How is JT at 45? Does his win from the wrap around not count?

Good question. A better question might be how is Vaughan Taylor well inside the top 20.

Top 40 in Ryder Cup points, not 15-16 money list

Not sure what your point is? Nobody said anything about money lists. Justin Thomas is 45th in the Ryder Cup points standings while Vaughan Taylor is 13th. Makes no sense to me.

I don't think Justin got Ryder Cup points for his win.

He didn't but Taylor didn't have status on Tour for a few years. How is he 13th? Seems the point system itself may need some adjusting.

Ryder Cup points in off years are only given out in the majors, Players, and maybe WGCs. A win in '16 vaults Taylor past a lot of guys.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I understand the process, just think it's flawed. Thomas has 11 top 10's and 19 top 25's since cycle began. Taylor has only played in 10 Tour events in same period.

You don't want to put people on the team who were hot 1.5 years before the Ryder Cup is played. Happened to Jimmy Walker last time and the US team missed out on Horschel.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

The Euro bois don't need all the meetings, team building and photo ops with fake smiles, lmao

They just pick the team, show up, pound the s*** out of any 10 of these smiling Chaps and drink Bubbly till they pass out-

It's amazing what winning does for comraderie :)

Bevacqua....

Okey dokey then, lol

Cheers :)

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

The European mindset is more of a team one where we as Americans are brought up with a more individualistic self centric environment. I've always thought it's a fundamental part of why we can't beat them consistently anymore. It's a basic mental programming. Plus, Americans are in general more uptight and take things too seriously this we need a "task force" to figure out how to win? Relax, have more fun and pound the crap out of them. Also, get a better clothes designer....hard to win when you look like a bad 80s movie every year.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

The European mindset is more of a team one where we as Americans are brought up with a more individualistic self centric environment. I've always thought it's a fundamental part of why we can't beat them consistently anymore. It's a basic mental programming. Plus, Americans are in general more uptight and take things too seriously this we need a "task force" to figure out how to win? Relax, have more fun and pound the crap out of them. Also, get a better clothes designer....hard to win when you look like a bad 80s movie every year.

Great point on the clothes!!!

If you can't even coordinate a friggin shirt and slacks combo, HowITF are you gonna put a winning team together?

On a more serious note, the Leadership has to come from within, fom the Players-

I don't care the age or the experience-

You think Jack Lambert had a problem smashin Stiller Legend Ray Mansfield© in the mouth pre-game in the play-offs as a rookie when he saw him laughing and playin grab-a**?

How bout Michael?

Think he gave a s*** about his tenure on the team???

These guys are too worried about be "nice" guys, bein liked by their buds and all this team building bulls***, lol

On a much, much, much Smaller scale, we had what was called the DeBolt Cup, which was a Ryder Cup Format that had all the clubs field 10 Players and Play season long inter-club matches with the top two game squaring off in September.

Well, by the cap board, Oakmont should have never ever lost, EVER!!

Their frigginn team had AT LEAST 4 former DI AA's along with at leat two former Tour bois who got their status back and then the rest were no less than +1, and he was one of the former Tour bois.

We beat em 2/3 years that we met em in the Cup-

We cared about each other and we Played for each other, not for ourselves-

THAT'S the difference-

The Euros Play for each other and with the Americans, it's every chump for himself-

If you can't come out fightin, clawin and grinding as the dog, you got zero business bein on the field/course!!!!!

Look at that picture.....

Half those guys have a deer in the headlights look, lmao

Yea, they're gonna get it done-

If I'm Bevacqua, I bring back Zinger, GetTF outa the way and tell everyone else to STFU!!

DLove???

I like him as a Person though as a Leader???

HaHa, yea right ;)

Soory to deviate :)

Nice pic and beautiful house, Barbara looks Lovely!!!

Go Team!!!!

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I understand the process, just think it's flawed. Thomas has 11 top 10's and 19 top 25's since cycle began. Taylor has only played in 10 Tour events in same period.

You don't want to put people on the team who were hot 1.5 years before the Ryder Cup is played. Happened to Jimmy Walker last time and the US team missed out on Horschel.

True, but 1 good week does not equal hot. With all due respect to Taylor, while he may have been on form for a week, he's simply not in the same class as Thomas. Any point system that suggests otherwise is flawed.

Exactly what I'm saying! Play for the TEAM not for YOURSELF and you'll win. It doesn't help that I'd probably want to have a cold one with most of the guys on the Euro team but can't say the same for the USA team....too uptight.

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

True, but 1 good week does not equal hot. With all due respect to Taylor, while he may have been on form for a week, he's simply not in the same class as Thomas. Any point system that suggests otherwise is flawed.

Why Thomas has 6 months to get things right

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Exactly my point. Individual achievements over team. Funny though, hunter and duval both said the same thing and got crap for it but both changed their tune after actually playing in one.

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

I don't think the RC is that big of a deal to a lot U.S players. I think it means more to the Euros to topple the big brash Americans. If I was a top tier tour player the RC would be behind the majors, the players, Wgc events and most likely the tour championship.

I agree with your priorities 100% and mine would be the EXACT same-

I just don't see it as an either/or situation~

Do you think ANY guy in that Picture has a greater individual Ego, Pride and Drive than the blonde haired Gent sittin in the front?

That they want to win a Major any more than he did?

Than Ben?

Than Loyd Mangrum?

Hell, I know Sam's ego and it was HUGE but he LOVED the RC and they owned the Euros back then but those Guys Loved comin together as a team and Playin for their partners and the Team~

In my Eyes it has Absolutey nothing to do with focusing on Majors or WGC's and I think Blondie in front would agree with me on this-

It's about character and being able to put the individual's ego, goals and needs in the back seat for the good of the team, their partners and the group-

When the first three words in a kid's vocabulary and mind are Me, Myself and I that's damn near impossible~

Just my .01 worth :)

Nice post!!

Stay Well My Friend & have a great week!!

All the Best,

Richard

No Bubba. Disrespecting the Ryder Cup, Jack, and Sir Phil.

Outraged.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

From the WRX front page article (Jack agrees with you Jasonic):

"And while it’s unrelated to the Woods’ matter, this line from Nicklaus was too fantastic not to include here. Asked how the dinner might positively influence the U.S. side’s chances at Hazeltine, Nicklaus said, “I can’t imagine how them coming over to have dinner at an old man’s house is going to help any.”"

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

From Jack -

“Yes, it’s a great honor to represent your country. And a great honor to be part of an international team. But it’s supposed to be fun. I asked them if they knew who won and lost in the last Ryder Cup. No one knew. Then I asked who won the last four majors. They all knew.

“So it’s not that big a deal. I know they all want to play their best, but they also need to take it as a game that they prepare for and have fun in when they go play. It’s for bragging rights. I told them to try to not make it more than what it is.

“People talk about the pressure. Are you telling me there is more pressure in the Ryder Cup than coming down the last fairway at Augusta or the US Open with a major on the line? Crap.”

I don't think the RC is that big of a deal to a lot U.S players. I think it means more to the Euros to topple the big brash Americans. If I was a top tier tour player the RC would be behind the majors, the players, Wgc events and most likely the tour championship.

I agree with your priorities 100% and mine would be the EXACT same-

I just don't see it as an either/or situation~

Do you think ANY guy in that Picture has a greater individual Ego, Pride and Drive than the blonde haired Gent sittin in the front?

That they want to win a Major any more than he did?

Than Ben?

Than Loyd Mangrum?

Hell, I know Sam's ego and it was HUGE but he LOVED the RC and they owned the Euros back then but those Guys Loved comin together as a team and Playin for their partners and the Team~

In my Eyes it has Absolutey nothing to do with focusing on Majors or WGC's and I think Blondie in front would agree with me on this-

It's about character and being able to put the individual's ego, goals and needs in the back seat for the good of the team, their partners and the group-

When the first three words in a kid's vocabulary and mind are Me, Myself and I that's damn near impossible~

Just my .01 worth :)

Nice post!!

Stay Well My Friend & have a great week!!

All the Best,

Richard

I agree, I don't think it is ego. I don't think they care. Its almost like a allstar game, do the players really care if they win

So I just glanced back at this photo. It must be playing tricks on my eyes but there is no way Jamie Lovemark and Brian Harman can be standing on the same surface. :pardon:

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
(will swap 58 for 60 and a Vokey for the 2-iron as needed)
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R

It's a conspiracy photoshop job to appear to have "camaraderie"

???

Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

This is a testament to the American points system being flawed for some of these guys being in the top 40 and Thomas not being in the top 40. There'have been too many guys that got hot for a year, possibly not even winning a tournament, and being on the Ryder cup team then disappearing.

Thank Phil Mickelson and the big dogs

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I have used Justin Thomas in this thread as an example of how flawed I believe the point system is. I can now use Justin Thomas as further example. Thomas moved up 20 spots from 45 to 25 based on a T-3 finish at the Honda. Blayne Barber moved up 71 spots based on a T-3 to 41st. Barber has played 10 events in 2016, missed 5 cuts and has one top 25...........yesterday!

There has to be a better system!?!?!

http://www.rydercup.com/usa/2016/team/team-usa-points-standings