The 2016 PGA tour is getting very interesting

With the resurgence of Adam Scott (yes, short red hot putter included), Rory McIlroy getting in a groove, Lefty reinventing his swing & focus, Speith starting to crank his game back up, and of course Ricky continuing to grind on a high level, man are we in for some interesting viewing. Tiger getting well and jumping in the mix will just be a bonus (however far down the road that is). Even if he is unable to return to superstar form, we will be entertained at a high level. Looks like win-win for us watchers of the PGA tour.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Taylormade 2017 M2 15°
Srixon U65 20° 3 iron
Srixon z565 4 thru PW
48° & 52° Cleveland CBX wedges
Cleveland Smart sole wedge 58°
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin  center shaft

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The state of the Professional golf game is great.

Hopefully it can filter down the line at least a little bit and charge up the everyday golfers as well. Some natural attrition has taken place over the last couple of years and I hope you will see a little bit better numbers in the upcoming years because of the competition at the highest level.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

I think the media remains loyal to the Frank Chirkinian model of promoting a small number of big name celebrity players. Simply isn't true on today's Tour, maybe wasn't ever true.

I think we're in an era where any one of 50 guys can win every week. Just look at some of the talent that was left off of your list of 5 or 6 players. Dustin Johnson? Currently he'd qualify as the top 4 Americans and play in the Olympics. Patrick Reed and Jimmy Walker have the opportunity to get hot most weeks and that's just on this side of the pond. I would consider Justin Rose and Henrick Stenson capable of winning on most any week they tee it up.

I agree with the popular sentiment, it's a great time to be a fan of professional golf.

It is bubbling nicely. The Masters will be white hot competitively

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

The Masters will be white hot competitively

This. I seriously can't wait for Masters week. It seems like everyone is firing on all cylinders right now.

Except Jason Day who doesn't seem much interested in golf this week, or the last 4 1/2 months for that matter.

I'm wondering if he has some kind of injury. He hasn't been his normal self.

This. I seriously can't wait for Masters week. It seems like everyone is firing on all cylinders right now.

Except Jason Day who doesn't seem much interested in golf this week, or the last 4 1/2 months for that matter.

I think it's between his ears. Too busy being daddy and patting himself on the back for achieving his two main goals. One is getting to #1 and the other is winning a major. I doubt we will ever see the kind of mental will we saw out of him last year. IMO when you have to consult someone on how to WANT it, and how to mentally compete, you just don't have what it takes to maintain. Great talent, but soft mentally, and too family oriented to make the sacrifices to be great.

Even goes back to McCormack promoting his Big 3, which was brilliant (but also accurate, which was also a little incredible).

Casper got short shrift on that, also, by the way.

That last sentence +1

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400 LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400 Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

I have to agree with the OP and others on here 110% it has gotten interesting so far and like others I can hardly wait for Master's week. No matter what the calender says spring officially starts for me Master's week

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400 LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400 Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

reached his dream so foot off pedal classic mistake?

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

You can tell golf is getting interesting when there's a fairly active tournament thread on here, despite the fact that Tiger isn't in the field.

PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
PXG Operator H - 34.5”
Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

Too family oriented to make the sacrifices to be great? wtf? I know Chicago is lonely cold depressing and ugly, but dude, don't inflict your embarrassing existence on someone who has achieved much higher in a day than you will in a lifetime.

You have no idea what I've achieved in life, so with all due respect, screw you. If you have any further excessively personal and inappropriate over reactions to a forum post, feel free to pm me your childish personal attacks. Sorry my statements hurt your feelings.

I knew that statement might be unpopular, but what are you, Day's brother? Talk about taking something overly personal. Lighten up man. It's a golf forum where opinions are shared. If you can't handle someone saying something you don't agree with, without personally attacking them, maybe you need to reevaluate some things.

With the resurgence of Adam Scott (yes, short red hot putter included), Rory McIlroy getting in a groove, Lefty reinventing his swing & focus, Speith starting to crank his game back up, and of course Ricky continuing to grind on a high level, man are we in for some interesting viewing. Tiger getting well and jumping in the mix will just be a bonus (however far down the road that is). Even if he is unable to return to superstar form, we will be entertained at a high level. Looks like win-win for us watchers of the PGA tour.

huh? rory has had 2 good rounds this week, missed the cut last week and shot 75 on Sunday 2 weeks ago. Lefty is interesting but still up and down all over map. Spieth is disturbingly off and not making putts. Ricky had a good win in dubai and strong effort in phoenix otherwise suspect. If anything this has been the year of the 30 somethings (Bubba, Dufner, Sneds, Scott, etc) and we are not seeing any consistency from the young crop. Any of the the young guys could just as easily miss the cut as they could top 10. If Tiger came back and played well it would be Everything to the tour not a bonus, it would put the tour back on the map again as an entertainment viewing choice that gets ratings, now its purely a niche interest that doesnt garner any mainstream buzz.

Nah. You got it all wrong. Golf is only interesting when one player completely dominates and makes every tournament a procession and every 4th round a victory lap.

I have read it on the internet (here), so it must be true.

If Tiger came back and played well it would be Everything

q.e.d.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.