Thrift Store Jackpot

I had another great find today. I saw this bag sitting outside of a small thrift shop that I rarely go to as I was driving by. Needless to say I had to stop and check it out. It's a nice set of 78 Apex irons and woods. There's also an Apex II 1 iron, a MacGregor driver, a few random Tommy Armour 845's and this leather Tommy Armour bag, all for $10. I couldn't pass it up. I'm starting to feel a little greedy though, this is my fourth set of these, two frosted back and two shiny. I posted pictures of a set of the frosted backs a few weeks ago when I found them at Goodwill. I think I'm going to have to let one or two of these sets go, but that's hard for the hoarder in me.

WOW for $10 man you stole that--- But then again someone thought "well these are Uncle Harry's old clubs and that is a wood wood" See what some sucker will pay you for them.

You're exactly right. People have no idea what they have. The lady that runs the thrift store was more relieved to get rid of these things than I was to find them.

I got these from an estate auction house so I guess it's not exactly "Thrift Store", but it's either here or the "No new acquisitions?" thread, which is practically the same thing anyway. The bag was junk but at $3 a club I couldn't pass up the Hogan blades. Get this though: the set is 1 thru Equalizer but missing the 7, 8, & 9 irons. Hmmm... Oh, and they have AMF Apex Pro shafts in 4 flex. They feel quite stout.

The woods are serials matching 1, 4, & 5 Powerbilt Citations but are pretty beat and have soft shafts so I'm not that interested in them at the moment.

I'm not too sure what I'll do with the partial iron set but who knows, maybe I'll fill it out someday. At least I got myself a respectable Hogan blade 1 iron.

Let me look sometime today in my partial set of Cameos and see what I have I may be able to help. I filled out a set for Bear last year like that. He had a partial set and I had enough loose stuff to make a set. He had to have those Cameos since at the time I had acquired a set of Grinds.Let me look later today

That would be great Stu, thanks!

I looked and I have the 9 iron and Equalizer left they are the Apex Pro shafts but I can not tell the number. I have played the Equalizer some with the 54 Precisions and it hits like a regular shaft to me

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I had another great find today. I saw this bag sitting outside of a small thrift shop that I rarely go to as I was driving by. Needless to say I had to stop and check it out. It's a nice set of 78 Apex irons and woods. There's also an Apex II 1 iron, a MacGregor driver, a few random Tommy Armour 845's and this leather Tommy Armour bag, all for $10. I couldn't pass it up. I'm starting to feel a little greedy though, this is my fourth set of these, two frosted back and two shiny. I posted pictures of a set of the frosted backs a few weeks ago when I found them at Goodwill. I think I'm going to have to let one or two of these sets go, but that's hard for the hoarder in me.

WOW for $10 man you stole that--- But then again someone thought "well these are Uncle Harry's old clubs and that is a wood wood" See what some sucker will pay you for them.

You're exactly right. People have no idea what they have. The lady that runs the thrift store was more relieved to get rid of these things than I was to find them.

See a great ending to a great story everyone walked away happy--- Actually in that case I would paid her grabbed the goods and RAN or in my case moved as fast as a old fat man can :taunt:

See a great ending to a great story everyone walked away happy--- Actually in that case I would paid her grabbed the goods and RAN or in my case moved as fast as a old fat man can :taunt:

Stu, you're going to laugh.... when I took a quick glance at your post, before reading it, I thought you were saying something about Ram.

Not that I'm obsessed or anything. LOL

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Stu, you're going to laugh.... when I took a quick glance at your post, before reading it, I thought you were saying something about Ram.

Heck, even I laughed at that.

Heck, even I laughed at that.

So did I! :lol:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Grabbed a couple clubs (I don't need) today at $2.99/per.

38143466_2564228643802964_7182894114600386560_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3b52fecd6d422fe57dfdd6306487173c&oe=5BD117B5

Hogan "Special PW" and a Adams Tom Watson "Classic Grind".

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

:rofl: :rofl: We ought to change your name to RAM DADDY------ Nothing at all wrong with Rams-- especially if they are DODGE RAMS--- but then again that was good golf equipment too.

:rofl: :rofl: We ought to change your name to RAM DADDY------ Nothing at all wrong with Rams-- especially if they are DODGE RAMS--- but then again that was good golf equipment too.

For a while, I used "RamBro" as a nick on GEA LOL

Maybe I shouldn't have just said that....

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

For a while, I used "RamBro" as a nick on GEA LOL

Maybe I shouldn't have just said that....

I used to be on GEA as Big Stu M-3 which was my race car number when I quit racing. I got banned there for making a true comment about one of the courses here. One of the mods was friends with the owner---- Screw em I have more fun here and MGS

I got these from an estate auction house so I guess it's not exactly "Thrift Store", but it's either here or the "No new acquisitions?" thread, which is practically the same thing anyway. The bag was junk but at $3 a club I couldn't pass up the Hogan blades. Get this though: the set is 1 thru Equalizer but missing the 7, 8, & 9 irons. Hmmm... Oh, and they have AMF Apex Pro shafts in 4 flex. They feel quite stout.

The woods are serials matching 1, 4, & 5 Powerbilt Citations but are pretty beat and have soft shafts so I'm not that interested in them at the moment.

I'm not too sure what I'll do with the partial iron set but who knows, maybe I'll fill it out someday. At least I got myself a respectable Hogan blade 1 iron.

Let me look sometime today in my partial set of Cameos and see what I have I may be able to help. I filled out a set for Bear last year like that. He had a partial set and I had enough loose stuff to make a set. He had to have those Cameos since at the time I had acquired a set of Grinds.Let me look later today

I looked and I have the 9 iron and Equalizer left they are the Apex Pro shafts but I can not tell the number. I have played the Equalizer some with the 54 Precisions and it hits like a regular shaft to me

Thanks for looking into it Stu. When I get out from under all my summer projects I'll see what I can do with them. Perhaps the right thing to do is help someone else fill a set with these ones as I tend to get along better with regular shafts anyway. I can't see myself parting with that 1-iron though... lol

Thanks for looking into it Stu. When I get out from under all my summer projects I'll see what I can do with them. Perhaps the right thing to do is help someone else fill a set with these ones as I tend to get along better with regular shafts anyway. I can't see myself parting with that 1-iron though... lol

Naah do not give up the 1 iron--- It ain't like they made a bunch of them anyhow unless it was Ping--- I see more Ping 1 irons than I do any other one brand

I had heard tell of one of these, but, never seen one, so, I was beginning to think they were like that mythical Unicorn, until, I waltzed in to a local Goodwill this afternoon. Shamrock flange blade putter. Also, picked up a decent Sun Mountain bag with 2 Ping dual color balls inside.

It's a Dead ringer for the Armour IMG of old. That's the market Shamrock was hunting for with that putter

I had heard tell of one of these, but, never seen one, so, I was beginning to think they were like that mythical Unicorn, until, I waltzed in to a local Goodwill this afternoon. Shamrock flange blade putter. Also, picked up a decent Sun Mountain bag with 2 Ping dual color balls inside.

It's a Dead ringer for the Armour IMG of old. That's the market Shamrock was hunting for with that putter

Actually....the Wilson 8802.

Great differences between the 8802 & Ironmaster putters.....

Tee , pencil and balls ��

Walter,

What type of ball is that on the lower right hand corner of the group? dot pattern looks really Old.

Uncle Bob

High Uncle Bob , I'm just heading dor the driving range now, ( 5.30 a.m. Overhere But doing Some early bird golf �� ) I Will check out the golfballs When back Home !!!

Just checked iT out , on the other side of the ball i found the wilson 2 logo , on the other side k-28 + / and there is a dot in every dimple as you pointes out Uncle Bob ! I attatch the pictures.

Thanks, Walter. or rather, Danke.

The dimple pattern looked much older to me. I thought you had a hidden gem there.

Also, for your info, if somebody hasn't already posted this, Hubby Hubjan was the head professional at Onwentsia CC in Lake Forest, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. well-known. My guess is Xgolf, Charley Penna, might remember him.

Uncle Bob

You are right on both counts. I stand corrected. face depth is higher and toe more rounded

So I spoke with the goodwill employee today. He Saw me looking at the golf clubs and I ended up buying one. He asked me if I like the way he organized the golf clubs. He basically had them all grouped by club type. He told me that they typically don’t like grouping them together and bundling them as a set because they have a quota on how many units they put out on the floor each day. One set would be one unit. So that answers that question about why they don’t bundle clubs Together more often.

I passed on the busted (6,7,8,PW,GW) set of Cobra 3400s (wish the 5 and 9 would have been there, but oh well) and grabbed a 22* and 26* Nike CPR hybrids.

I also went "diving" lol at my spot and got the Burton bag and a fun little ladies set of old school Big Bertha woods (12*, 4, 7 and 9 woods) out the dumpster

38462827_2568797800012715_400135405451608064_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=18bc68969acd862104edf53746b2cc82&oe=5BCF269A

38481167_2568798136679348_8745270184568160256_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=783935ac532f2f8dd1786488fdcbb740&oe=5BD431CE

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

I passed on the busted (6,7,8,PW,GW) set of Cobra 3400s (wish the 5 and 9 would have been there, but oh well) and grabbed a 22* and 26* Nike CPR hybrids.

I also went "diving" lol at my spot and got the Burton bag and a fun little ladies set of old school Big Bertha woods (12*, 4, 7 and 9 woods) out the dumpster

38462827_2568797800012715_400135405451608064_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=18bc68969acd862104edf53746b2cc82&oe=5BCF269A

38481167_2568798136679348_8745270184568160256_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=783935ac532f2f8dd1786488fdcbb740&oe=5BD431CE

I love that heaven wood and the little 9 wood. My buddies make fun of me. :pardon:

Ram FX2 Forged 3-PW and a 60 and 56 Titleist SM5 wedges. $2.25 a piece. R300s on the Rams. The Vokeys, when I first looked at them, looked like fakes. But I don't know if they are.

38442317_2569535676605594_7875404067197943808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6ba8c9d132e37424c0e8716e2906fdfe&oe=5C008FB1

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

I love that heaven wood and the little 9 wood. My buddies make fun of me. :pardon:

Like that bag!!! Old School for sure

You are darn skippy on that statement--- But then again I was canning putts on the practice green yesterday with a Little David 8802 copy that I have a mid sized SS grip and LOTS of lead tape on--- May unseat the Armour and rusty Scotty. Yep the Shamrock was more like the 8802 and I am going to ruffle feathers here the Wilson 8802 was a refined copy of the 40s and 50s Ironmasters

I have a set of 1988 Redline also missing the 9 iron and the E wedge, why are all the short irons missing ?

I don't think this set has the wear and tear issue because all the other irons in the set looked very nice , so they couldn't have dump the short irons because of the grooves wore out.

Sun Mountain S-One bag for $6.99. I traded those SM5 Vokeys, Watson Adams wedge and an old Cobra II SW for the mint condition White Hot 2 CS today (and they threw in the leather Kenneth Harper HC for free)

38632939_493548737723854_1995236828407398400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=2dd9670ec6a9ede22382d1fb4fce6089&oe=5BD3B93C

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP