Thrift Store Jackpot

A standard fold bag is 34 inches tall. Go to Lowe’s and ge one ten foot long pvc piipe , widest the have, cut it into three pieces? Drill holes in it and bolt it together on line or in a triaNgle. Hold a lot of clubs cheap.

Trying to get a vision on this.

Cobra F9 Driver 10.5 UST ProForce V2 HL 5F4 46"

Tour Edge Exotic EXS 220 16.5* UST ProForce V2 HL 6F4 44"

Cobra Amp Cell 5-7 fairway (set to 20*) Fujikura Fuel 60g S 43"

Maltby TS3 4-P Elevate MPH 95 +1"

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 50*, 54* & 58* Apollo Matchflex Wedge 36.25"

Cleveland Classic Collection #10 35"

the pipe idea has merit if there was a rack of some type to fit them into.

twelve inch pvc pipe, twenty foot long is over a hundred dollars a section at Menards.

if I grouped three foot tall pieces cut from that, the difficulty is that clubs make them top heavy.

for now, I can place some old barbell weights into the plastic barrel for stability and use heavy gauge wire across the radius crosswise for dividers.

the staff bags will be fine on their own.

got the barrel for ten dollars. bags, slightly higher. picking them up later this week.

plus the bags can be resold at any time as my needs change.

I appreciate everyone ideas.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

twelve inch pvc pipe, twenty foot long is over a hundred dollars a section at Menards.

if I grouped three foot tall pieces cut from that, the difficulty is that clubs make them top heavy.

for now, I can place some old barbell weights into the plastic barrel for stability and use heavy gauge wire across the radius crosswise for dividers.

got the barrel for ten dollars. bags, slightly higher. picking them up later this week.

LIAR LIAR LIAR - you NEVER sell ANYTHING - so there!

With a bit of paint, an extra bag strap, and a bit of artistic creativity one might turn that old plastic barrel into the world's biggest staff bag. That'd be kinda neat! Well... it might be super-ugly too but hey - it's just an idea. Lol

LIAR LIAR LIAR - you NEVER sell ANYTHING - so there!

well, I did give away an eight iron that one time.

and if anyone needs an Eye 2 orange dot four iron, that could count, right ?

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

I saw a hard travel case last week for $5 and didn't buy it. I now need to send a full set to my brother in law, went back to pick it up and it's gone. Bummed.

You've run afoul of one of the principles of thrift store shopping.

That is, if you see something you even remotely think you might want, you'd better buy it today because it WILL NOT be there when you go back for it.

And that principle is proven by how often we see stuff that neither we nor apparently anyone else wants sitting there unpurchased until it is eventually scrapped.

I can't help but be amused by the customers of one of the thrifts I frequent. They have a "25% off sale" every Monday, and when I walk through that store on Saturday or Sunday I see all kinds of toys and shoes hidden on the shelves amongst the housewares, as well as all manner of things hidden at the bottom of the golf club barrel. Folks have made a trip to the store to hide things they want, and then will make another trip on Monday to purchase the items they have hidden at the 25% discount. The funny part is, most of the time the savings probably doesn't begin to cover their fuel costs for the two trips, not to mention the wasted time. If I am feeling particularly ornery I will take it upon myself to return things to their proper locations.

The store is crawling with visible cameras and there are signs posted everywhere that they consider the practice of moving merchandise for those purposes akin to shoplifting, but I'd have to believe that's next to impossible to enforce.

"You think we play the same stuff you do?"

--Rory McIlroy 

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

Read the article. More power to them, wish them continued success. But for dedicated scroungers, doubt there's any bargains to be found. They have to know the FMV of their inventory in order to make it a profitable endeavor. Would be fun to rummage through the implements though.

Still prefer to find choice items on the dirt cheap. When the sellers haven't a clue on what they have.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Heard about this place several years ago. I was playing with a fellow for the first time who sourced his entire bag there for the most part IIRC. He was a pretty good player to shooting in the 70's that day. He told me that FGO was the place to go if you wanted a deal on some really good used gear.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Read the article. More power to them, wish them continued success. But for dedicated scroungers, doubt there's any bargains to be found. They have to know the FMV of their inventory in order to make it a profitable endeavor. Would be fun to rummage through the implements though.

Still prefer to find choice items on the dirt cheap. When the sellers haven't a clue on what they have.

I agree. Thoguh I will say that 2ndswing some times has some really outrageous deals in their bins.

Before they changed ownership some years back I got a mint Dave Hicks out of one of their bins for $5.00. lol

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Yep read it while ago

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I saw a hard travel case last week for $5 and didn't buy it. I now need to send a full set to my brother in law, went back to pick it up and it's gone. Bummed.

That is, if you see something you even remotely think you might want, you'd better buy it today because it WILL NOT be there when you go back for it.

And that principle is proven by how often we see stuff that neither we nor apparently anyone else wants sitting there unpurchased until it is eventually scrapped.

I can't help but be amused by the customers of one of the thrifts I frequent. They have a "25% off sale" every Monday, and when I walk through that store on Saturday or Sunday I see all kinds of toys and shoes hidden on the shelves amongst the housewares, as well as all manner of things hidden at the bottom of the golf club barrel. Folks have made a trip to the store to hide things they want, and then will make another trip on Monday to purchase the items they have hidden at the 25% discount. The funny part is, most of the time the savings probably doesn't begin to cover their fuel costs for the two trips, not to mention the wasted time. If I am feeling particularly ornery I will take it upon myself to return things to their proper locations.

The store is crawling with visible cameras and there are signs posted everywhere that they consider the practice of moving merchandise for those purposes akin to shoplifting, but I'd have to believe that's next to impossible to enforce.

Sounds like some of the crap the retirees around here try to pull off---- What is so bad most of them have more money than God and act like they are broke------ I like the part about you feeling ornery I will look next time I am at GW and see if that goes on here

Sounds like some of the crap the retirees around here try to pull off---- What is so bad most of them have more money than God and act like they are broke------ I like the part about you feeling ornery I will look next time I am at GW and see if that goes on here

I think that you should "open up" your stash - probably make over $100K the first week!

Watched a guy hid a golf club behind the luggage at the local GW awhile back. Got curious and after he left, went and checked. It was a Ping Rapture driver in pretty good shape, but with an X shaft and a price tag of $4.95. He figured he'd come back the next day, when it was senior discount and get it. So naturally I grab it, planned to pull and replace the shaft and payed for it. As i'm walking to the door, he happens to see me with it and if looks could kill, I'd be dead 10 times over. So I'm sitting in my car getting ready to pull out, when he comes out and jumps in a brand new Lexus.

3-pw maxfli Australian blade

3-4-5 maxfli woods

Beat up but useable bag

$2.50 @ goodwill

You made one heck of a deal on those

[color=#000000][font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, EmojiFont,]The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Low Prices is Forgotten.[/font][/color]

Watched a guy hid a golf club behind the luggage at the local GW awhile back. Got curious and after he left, went and checked. It was a Ping Rapture driver in pretty good shape, but with an X shaft and a price tag of $4.95. He figured he'd come back the next day, when it was senior discount and get it. So naturally I grab it, planned to pull and replace the shaft and payed for it. As i'm walking to the door, he happens to see me with it and if looks could kill, I'd be dead 10 times over. So I'm sitting in my car getting ready to pull out, when he comes out and jumps in a brand new Lexus.

How do you think he funded that Lexus????

Good Job!!! Serves the a**hat right. I would have done the exact same thing. I would have shook it at him and said "you want it? come get it". If he had give me the looks could kill look I would have simply flipped him off as I laughed. Most of these people around here do not know how to handle me. I do not put up with their BS and will fly back at them in a heartbeat. Normally I am pretty laid back and sedate. Can tell you a funny one-- I was in Kroger one day and bought one of those flame thrower butane lighters to light my cigars on the course with. Caught this old hag staring me down with disdain. I looked at her and said whatcha staring at? I love to smoke crack on the golf course. Boy she quickly turned away and shuffled off as fast as she could. The one girl cracked up which she knows me because my wife works there.

Augie---- I have thought about that but these cheap SOBs around here would try to knock me down on a $5 Vokey wedge. I do go to the flea market once a year in the spring and do pretty good. Get some of the regular vendors howling. Have not done that in a couple of years now maybe that is why the hoard is so big now

Seems like some karma or poetic justice happening there, well played.

Not too familiar with this brand?

2ndswing? Or Dave Hicks? This is the \putter I got out of their bin (mine was a center shaft though) for like $5.00 as I recall. It was probably a $400 (or even $500) putter at the time:

s-l1600.jpg

For $5 bucks? I mean...

You really need it discounted more than that?

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Visited a couple of the local haunts earlier today and no one has any golf equipment out on display yet. They are all trying to move out the last of the winter sports equipment at a 50% discount; mostly hockey gear.

The one shop did have something interesting though and that was a fairly high end road bike being offered up on silent auction. The current bid was $600 with two weeks to go. The new equivalent is just shy of $3800, so it will be interesting to see where this bike ends up. Told my BIL about it. He seems to think that there's some potential to flip it for a profit depending upon the final price. Not your typical thrift shop item at the typical price though so I remain far from convinced.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

So i got my hopes up yesterday...hit up a local GW before i took the boys to baseball and sitting in the corner were a bag of clubs and some randoms propped up. I didn't see anything interesting until i looked down and saw a black triangle on a silver grey metal head...my first thought jackpot a set of 975's...guess what cheap clone junk...oh well the hunt continues...