Ping G Tour Shaft

I'm playing the Tour 65 and Tour 80 ping shaft in my G LS Tec driver and G fairway. I'm looking for something that launches lower in each. I'm not sure what would compare with these shafts and give a lower launch? I'm coming from a Cobra Bio Cell+ with a Kuro Kage Tini in the driver and a ahina in the fairway that was perfect combo for me. Any help is appreciated.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KK Tini, Rogue Silver, Oban Black or White, Matrix Black Tie, and Diamana Whiteboard should all launch lower than the Ping tour shafts.

Callaway Fusion 9º •• Matrix 75M4 X
TM 2016 M2 3HL 16.5º •• Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 65X
Callaway Apex 20º •• PX Evenflow Black 80HY X
Adams CMB 24º–46º •• DG TI S400
TM MG 50º •• PX LZ 5.5
Vokey SM5 54º/S •• DG S400
Vokey SM5 60º/K •• DG S400
TM Del Monte 35"

No idea because I haven't hit it.

Callaway Fusion 9º •• Matrix 75M4 X
TM 2016 M2 3HL 16.5º •• Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 65X
Callaway Apex 20º •• PX Evenflow Black 80HY X
Adams CMB 24º–46º •• DG TI S400
TM MG 50º •• PX LZ 5.5
Vokey SM5 54º/S •• DG S400
Vokey SM5 60º/K •• DG S400
TM Del Monte 35"

Gotcha. Any idea who makes the tour shaft for ping?

UST

People say it feels like the chrome, but it's bend profile is nearly identical to the AD DI (which is similar to the chrome).

Where did you see a bend profile for the Ping shaft?

I got the Kuro Kage Tini installed in my Ping G LS Tec driver and it lowered the launch a bunch. So, I've went from high to low. What would be a shaft candidate in between stock tour 65 shaft and KK Tini?

Cheap and easy is to buy a used Diamana S+, just tip it .5" or 1" works wonders for me in the G series. I switched to the Limited Edition shaft now because I like the feel more and it lowered my spin about 400RPMs as well.

Rocking the Matrix Prototype U11-D02 shaft in my Fw3 since yesterday (tipped 1.5") and I am absolutely in love with that shaft, might pick one up for my driver aswell (lower spin/launch then my Tour 80X)

And yes, the Ping 65 shafts are almost identical to the AD-DI 6 shafts with a bit more stout feeling to them.

Would it be worth tipping the tour 65 and trying it?

Its already tipped 1" from the factory I think

Taylormade M5 8.5 Aldila 2KXV Green 65 Tour X
Titleist 917F3 15* Diamana D+ 80X
Titleist 818H2 19* Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718TMB 4, 718MB 5-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 50.12, SM6 56.14 @ 55*, 60.08 S400
Ping Vault Dale Anser 
- Pro V1X Left Dash

Would it be worth tipping the tour 65 and trying it?

I am at 110MPH avrage with the Tour 65X in the driver @ 45.25" and I tipped mine .5" and it felt better. Now moved to after market shaft just for the fun part of fooling around with shafts. I love Ping Tour shafts.

There are some good discussion on the Ping Tour 65 in the G vs G30 or the G threads, do a search. I talked with a SPX dealer, the Tour 65 is made by UST in Bangladesh and, while officially unconfirmed, its like the Chrome "Launch Control". I have the Elements Chrome 6F4T and the Ping Tour 65 is very, very close in feel and control to the mega expensive 6F4T. I do not have or hit the DI to compare so I can't comment on those posts.

Its an amazing shaft for the price and I have no intention to change it in my G LS, even for a KK Tini which I totally luv in my R15 430 head.

Cobra Pars & Stripes Speedzone with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-S Velocore
Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft

Taylormade M4 HL 16.5* 3 wood with UST Elements Chrome 7F4
Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid

Cobra Speedzone irons 4 - PW Recoil ESX F4 shafts
Cleveland CBX2 48* wedge & Cleveland FullFace 56* wedge with Catalyst 100 shafts
Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with BGT Stability shaft
Ball: Srixon XV, 2019 Taylormade TP-5x, Snell MTB-X

Graves One Plane swing

I'm close to my G LS purchase. Been testing a 10.5 turned down to 9.5 w/tour green 75X, BB7X, whiteboard. Really like all 3 but I think the tour 65x with a .5 tip in a 9 deg head on neutral will be pretty perfect. Luckily our local shop is shaft pull HEAVEN and they love me!!! Have a whiteboard 72x in G 3 wood....Absolute bombpiece. Have a tour 80 x as well that I like if I want to tinker. Never thought I could replace my 07 burner TP after 10 awesome years, but the G 3 wood is bad to the bone.

Ping Tour 80x is a low launch/low spin, it was one of the best performing shafts for me at the Gear Trials, it was installed on a G LST 10.5*, lovely combination...

Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Tour 65X, tipped 1", 44.25"
Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
Ping G 19*, GD Tour AD-DI 105X
Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 33.25" with Scotty Custom Black Pistolero grip, Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour 32.75", built up blacked out Pingman Grip
Bridgestone Tour XS (Tiger Edition) and new Pro V1