Jersey Golfers

wrayner

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, golfer07840 said:

So have any of your courses put the rakes and ball washers back out yet? Or they still acting like it's April 2020? 

I played Bowling Green last week and rakes were out, can't remember about ball washers because I use my own towel for that.

What I'm most excited for is courses ditching raised cups / noodles in the hole!

1 minute ago, GMN_02 said:

I played Bowling Green last week and rakes were out, can't remember about ball washers because I use my own towel for that.

What I'm most excited for is courses ditching raised cups / noodles in the hole!

Some courses haven't had those types of holes since last fall. But once in awhile I find a few and it's very annoying. 

I also started taking the flag out this year. The look of horror I received the first time I did was amusing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 11:55 AM, charli said:

Honestly no. 

Agree  it’s a shorter course where you get killed by wind and pretty sloped quick greens. Oh yea  and the f****** green heads on the back 9  lol    It’s an excellent course but not worth the $$$$$    Ballamor harbor pines and twisted dunes are way just as good and way less $$

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All- new to the forum and recently moved to Monmouth County from MA.  I’m 36 and have two kids under 4 but still

manage to get out at least one morning a weekend and one weekday evening after work.  I have a few buddies I usually play with on the Monmouth county courses but looking to expand my golfer friend network down here!  

I’ve been playing my whole life but have recently been really dedicated to getting better (8 handicap now from 12 last year).  Looking forward to meeting some people who are just as addicting to golf as I am!  Let me know if anyone wants to play!

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 8:18 PM, Griswold said:

Hi All- new to the forum and recently moved to Monmouth County from MA.  I’m 36 and have two kids under 4 but still

manage to get out at least one morning a weekend and one weekday evening after work.  I have a few buddies I usually play with on the Monmouth county courses but looking to expand my golfer friend network down here!  

I’ve been playing my whole life but have recently been really dedicated to getting better (8 handicap now from 12 last year).  Looking forward to meeting some people who are just as addicting to golf as I am!  Let me know if anyone wants to play!

Welcome to Monmouth County.

I generally play the county courses on weekends. If you wanna join, Dm me.

if you are looking for private club info, I can provide info.

On 6/28/2021 at 8:18 PM, Griswold said:

Hi Griswold - I play the county courses in Monmouth pretty much every weekend. My wife generally plays with me but she is going to be stopping for the season due to some unexpected events, so I will be riding solo quite a bit. Always willing to partner up on the tee times since I will mostly be playing as a single myself.

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2021 at 1:01 PM, K9Life said:

Agree  it’s a shorter course where you get killed by wind and pretty sloped quick greens. Oh yea  and the f****** green heads on the back 9  lol    It’s an excellent course but not worth the $$$$$    Ballamor harbor pines and twisted dunes are way just as good and way less $$

Shore Gate would be on my list with Twisted Dunes and Ballamor

• Like 1

Can anyone comment on Twisted Dunes recently? Played it a bunch of times when I was still living in NJ which was over 5 years ago. The layout is great but always found the conditions to be underwhelming with bunkers literally filled with huge rocks. It made it on the recent Top 100 Value Courses in the country along with Architects and Knoll West so I was curious if Twisted stepped their game up recently and made some nice improvements. 

Knoll West was one of the few public courses I haven't played but it's interesting to see Twisted and Architects make the national list. Always thought they were great courses but for my personal opinion there are a few others in the state I would rank higher (Neshanic Valley, Ballyowen, Heron Glen).

Callaway 2015 Great Big Bertha | Srixon Z-Star | Cleveland Launcher DST | Mizuno JPX-825 Pro | Titleist Vokey SM5 (54S, 58K) | SC Studio Select Newport 2

Taylormade R9 | Nike SQ Dymo | Srixon AD | Ping G10 | Titlelist Vokey SM (54, 60) | Yes! Callie 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 8:58 AM, Kay_Jay said:

Can anyone comment on Twisted Dunes recently? Played it a bunch of times when I was still living in NJ which was over 5 years ago. The layout is great but always found the conditions to be underwhelming with bunkers literally filled with huge rocks. It made it on the recent Top 100 Value Courses in the country along with Architects and Knoll West so I was curious if Twisted stepped their game up recently and made some nice improvements. 

Knoll West was one of the few public courses I haven't played but it's interesting to see Twisted and Architects make the national list. Always thought they were great courses but for my personal opinion there are a few others in the state I would rank higher (Neshanic Valley, Ballyowen, Heron Glen).

Played it last year and thought conditions were good, but it was with more spread out tee times and less play.  Heading there Thursday am on my way down to Williamsburg, so I will report back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 8:00 AM, roadtripper said:

Played it last year and thought conditions were good, but it was with more spread out tee times and less play.  Heading there Thursday am on my way down to Williamsburg, so I will report back.

Twisted Dunes is in pretty good shape imo.  Course very green and lush.  Tee boxes solid.  Fairways were a touch wet, but understandable with the amount of rain recently.  Greens rolled well but a bit slow, again I chalk that up to the rain. 

One comment I have to make.  When sand is provided on carts, use it...when you cause damage to a green with an approach shot, repair your ball marks.  That is the only issue I had with the conditions.