Jersey Golfers

wrayner

any of you boys playing sometime soon? playing flanders valley today at 4:30 -- anyone want to play?

How was Flanders playing?

greens were a bit bumpy/sandy -- needed a good week or two to get back to completely healthy i think - otherwise the rough and fairways looked like they were cut with a mower from the 30's. uneven fairway cuts, and the rough was borderline US Open Bethpage length.

I played Black Bear up in Franklin on Saturday, and the fairways were excellent, greens needed another week or so to fully heal, but man the rough. It was THICK and Lush. US Open like. I suspect it's because of all the rain we've had and they didn't mow.

I suspect it's the same situation with Flanders. One of these days I'll have to go back and revisit that place.

played Wild turkey on friday --- whole course was gorgeous shape except the greens. still need at least 2 weeks of healing...

Got a buddy who joined golfmission.com a few years ago and now plays a lot of golf with them! May join myself next year, but trying a few events as guest this year.

Lately been playing Neshanic and Quail Brook... We have a 4 ball that usually missing a person lately (golfmission!) so let me know and can reach out if interested in playing Somerset Co courses...

Somerset county...

Me.

I play all the 5 county courses, plus Flanders, quite often.

I also branch out a bit, I played East Orange 3 times last fall.

I cut my teeth on the Flanders courses. How are they looking these days? I had heard a few years ago it had fallen on some hard times, but now that Bill Casper owns the course now, it has had a rebirth? Also the niners were reverse? No longer White to Blue, but blue to White and Gold to Red?

any of you boys playing sometime soon? playing flanders valley today at 4:30 -- anyone want to play?

Was up there the other w/e.

You are correct they did reverse the nines. Up the hill, is 1st hole.

2017 changes, mostly remove batch of trees for sightlines, better grass growth and better drainage.

Know one of the greenskeepers. His aeration is done in way to maintain playability. Played 2days after the punch, greens were still consistent and rolled pretty well as if no aeration.

a Cobra KingLtd 9* Black Smoke 6.5 45"
b Ping g400 9* SpeederPro TSx84 45"
c TM 17M1 460 9.5* Matrix BlackTie X 45"

Titleist TS2 15* Hzrdus Green S 1"tip
Cobra BafflerPro19* SpeederProS .5"tip
Cobra Baffler RailH23* SpeederProS

a Callaway Apex 5-pw ProjectX 6.0 +.5"
b Callaway x20 Tour 5-pw ProjectX 6.0 +.5"
Vokey Sm7 raw aw51*, sw56*, lw60*
Cameron FuturaX SuperStroke Fatso5.0

Anybody in GAP - Golf Assoc of Philly??

I got my handicap through it one year to check it out and was hoping to play in some of their Member days, but nobody from my regular group was interested.

A bit late this year since they do a lottery process, but would be interested in trying again next year if had enough guys to get a 4 ball team in a few events...

https://www.gapgolf.org/eventplay.asp?id=206&pid=5

I got my handicap through it one year to check it out and was hoping to play in some of their Member days, but nobody from my regular group was interested.

A bit late this year since they do a lottery process, but would be interested in trying again next year if had enough guys to get a 4 ball team in a few events...

https://www.gapgolf....sp?id=206&pid=5

I just did the Ridge at Back Brook member play day and it wasn't a four ball event... it was net stableford.

I just did the Ridge at Back Brook member play day and it wasn't a four ball event... it was net stableford.

You're right - I thought needed group of four but read it wrong. May join next year - Ridge at Back Brook is close worth a day off!

You're right - I thought needed group of four but read it wrong. May join next year - Ridge at Back Brook is close worth a day off!

it is worth a week off... awesome course

Somerset county...

Me.

I play all the 5 county courses, plus Flanders, quite often.

I also branch out a bit, I played East Orange 3 times last fall.

I cut my teeth on the Flanders courses. How are they looking these days? I had heard a few years ago it had fallen on some hard times, but now that Bill Casper owns the course now, it has had a rebirth? Also the niners were reverse? No longer White to Blue, but blue to White and Gold to Red?

Was up there the other w/e.

You are correct they did reverse the nines. Up the hill, is 1st hole.

2017 changes, mostly remove batch of trees for sightlines, better grass growth and better drainage.

Know one of the greenskeepers. His aeration is done in way to maintain playability. Played 2days after the punch, greens were still consistent and rolled pretty well as if no aeration.

Did you happen to use the new chipping area before the round? From what I understand you can have a 70 yd wedge shot in the practice area?

Re: Q on new range

No, I'm on IR. Did see it and watched a bit. Range is on the other side of the practice green and has seats to watch.

It goes 10yds from the green to the trees and is in the space between two holes. It might be longer than 70yds but not that more.

Players on the range are using some optic yellow/lime ball from a small mesh bag.

• 2 months later...

Is this still alive? I live in Hoboken and would like to play within an hour on a weekend. Possibly August but more like September. Ballyowen or Wild Turkey?

Been on IR most of this year. Was busy last 3wks inside the ropes @USWO @Trump National in Bedminister.

Do need to use my Crystal Springs membership sometime and especial the rounds. It would be good practice before playing Trump National.

Chiming in here. I'm in Barnegat and split my time between Ocean Acres and Sea Oaks.

Also was looking for some insight picking between Seaview and ACC for a round on my birthday. Familiar with the history of both, got married at Seaview, just not sure if one really is that much above the other in terms of experience, etc.

Thanks

Is this still alive? I live in Hoboken and would like to play within an hour on a weekend. Possibly August but more like September. Ballyowen or Wild Turkey?

turkey is in phenomenal shape right now.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Chiming in here. I'm in Barnegat and split my time between Ocean Acres and Sea Oaks.

Also was looking for some insight picking between Seaview and ACC for a round on my birthday. Familiar with the history of both, got married at Seaview, just not sure if one really is that much above the other in terms of experience, etc.

Thanks

Sea Oaks is awesome... but I would personally choose ACCC if you're going to pick one or the other - Seaview is good, but for your birthday you should definitely treat yo self.

Thanks

Sea Oaks is awesome... but I would personally choose ACCC if you're going to pick one or the other - Seaview is good, but for your birthday you should definitely treat yo self.

Sea Oaks is a pretty great track. I'm always amazed by all the contours in the fairways. Rarely do you get a flat lie except for a couple holes and the par 3s.

Now you've kind of swung me the other way since ACCC does seam a bit more of a special occasion than Seaview. But is that just the price? Maybe we should set up a day to do 36 between the two and take a poll to help settle things.

Thanks

Sea Oaks is a pretty great track. I'm always amazed by all the contours in the fairways. Rarely do you get a flat lie except for a couple holes and the par 3s.

Now you've kind of swung me the other way since ACCC does seam a bit more of a special occasion than Seaview. But is that just the price? Maybe we should set up a day to do 36 between the two and take a poll to help settle things.

ACCC and Seaview are top10 public courses in NJ. ACCC or Ballyowen are most people's/ rating sites #1 public course.

ACCC used to be a private course and all past celebrities/ golf pros played there. Place oozes golf history.

John McDermott was the long time pro.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McDermott_(golfer)

The Sr. PGA tour was started there. Multiple common golf terms were created there. Awards, citations and major tournaments list is long.

Seaview also has a long storied history. It has hosted a PGA championship and many pro tournaments.

Comparing the courses is apples & oranges. Both Seaview Bay and ACCC have sizeable exposure to the Atlantic shoreline. Otherwise there's not much similarity architecturally.

Seaview Pines is an interior course close to a Carolinas course.

• 6 months later...

I'm down to play either of those. Not sure if you're looking to go soon, I just won't be around for the next 3 weeks

Wish I had seen this last yr. Crystal Springs courses are where I play. Crystal Springs, Ballyowen, Black Bear, etc..

Hey everyone, recently moved back to NJ and joined the Bedens Brook Club, looking for people to play with
Where is that? Have clubs, will travel. Lol

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Hey everyone, recently moved back to NJ and joined the Bedens Brook Club, looking for people to play with
Where is that? Have clubs, will travel. Lol

It's near princeton

WITB
Taylormade SIM2 10.5* Ventus Black 6X
Taylormade SIM 19* AD-DI 7X

Taylormade Stealth 3h Ventus Blue 9X
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW Modus 120 S
Vokey SM9 50 - 55 - 60 DGTI S400 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 6

South Jersey crew......E A G L E S EAGLES!

Titleist Ts2 10.5* GD DI 6x
Titliest 915 5w 18* GD DI 7x
Callaway Apex 23*h Oban Devotion 
Callaway Apex 26*h GD DI 85x
Srixon 785 6-PW Nippon 105 Modus
Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58* Nippon 115 Modus 
Odyssey #7 Plumber Neck 
2018 Taylormade tp5

https://www.instagram.com/benzoducky/ 

Everything was great, 2 of the par 3 greens were always burnt, the rest were very nice. This year they said their going to put new yardage markers. The food and new bar were amazing, for a small golf club.

I will definitely be putting that into my rotation this year. When Crystal Springs owned it, I played there a lot. But when I saw them charging $80 I passed on it.

South Jersey crew......E A G L E S EAGLES!

As a Giants fan, that was the one and only time I rooted for the Eagles. I seems that Bill and Tom have difficulties with the NFC east! Now hopefully they will both retire and the Pats will return to being a bad team in a bad division.

And since they (Pats) were dopes and traded their future QB to the 49ers for a bag of shag balls (thank you , says the 49ers fan) once those two go away, it will be over.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....