Callaway Apex CF16 - BEST. IRONS. EVER......

Ripken08

Just ordered a set of Apex black with px lz shafts! Can't wait

I ordered mine Friday evening with the PX LZ shafts but with the standard satin finish. It will interesting to see which of us gets their's first. Did you demo them with the LZ shaft? TT says they have a smoother feel than the PXi shafts and I am curious if that is true.

When do you expect yours to ship? By the end of the week?

I talked with Callaway earlier today and said they are being built today and should have them by the middle of next week. They build them in Mexico and truck them across the border to Texas for shipping.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

I ordered mine Friday evening with the PX LZ shafts but with the standard satin finish. It will interesting to see which of us gets their's first. Did you demo them with the LZ shaft? TT says they have a smoother feel than the PXi shafts and I am curious if that is true.

I talked with Callaway earlier today and said they are being built today and should have them by the middle of next week. They build them in Mexico and truck them across the border to Texas for shipping.

Darn. Ordered mine yesterday and was hoping to have them by next Wednesday for a golf trip next weekend. Satins with the PX LZ's.

Darn. Ordered mine yesterday and was hoping to have them by next Wednesday for a golf trip next weekend. Satins with the PX LZ's.

It will be close but you might get them by next Friday.

I am surprised that there have not been any comments or reviews by someone that already has them with LZ shafts. You are the third one that said they ordered them with LZ shafts in the past few days.

Callaway Chrome Soft

Yeah - suckered in by the no-upcharge option for the latest and greatest and the description sounded like exactly what I am looking for - a better feeling, slightly lighter version of the Project X. Maybe it is for the best as I will need some practice rounds with them to dial in the new mega distances. Treat the tournament as a farewell tour for my i20's!

Couldn't agree more with the poster. They were the only irons that could talk me off of the ledge from dropping money I don't have on the PXG irons. Just fantastic all around and great shaft options.

[size=3][i][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Today's Junk...[/font][/b][/i]

[color=#B22222][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: [/font][/b][/color][color=#696969][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Epic Subzero: [/font][/b][/color][color=#000000][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Grandura 510[/font][/b][/color]
[color=#B22222][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Woods:[/font][/b][/color][color=#696969][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif] Callaway Epic: [/font][/b][/color][color=#000000][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Kiyoshi Purple[/font][/b][/color]
[color=#B22222][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Irons: [/font][/b][/color][color=#696969][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Japan Legacy Forged[/font][/b][/color][color=#696969][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]: [/font][/b][/color][color=#000000][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Recoil Proto[/font][/b][/color]
[color=#B22222][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Wedges: [/font][/b][/color][color=#696969][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MD PM Grind[/font][/b][/color][color=#696969][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]: [/font][/b][/color][color=#000000][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Recoil Proto[/font][/b][/color]
[color=#B22222][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Putter: [/font][/b][/color][color=#696969][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Black Lab BL-1: [/font][/b][/color][color=#000000][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Fuji Ferrari[/font][/b][/color]
[color=#B22222][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Bag: [/font][/b][/color][color=#4b0082][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]BMW Motorsports Caddy Bag[/font][/b][/color]
[color=#B22222][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Ball: [/font][/b][/color][color=#4b0082][b][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Chromesoft[/font][/b][/color][/size]

Couldn't agree more with the poster. They were the only irons that could talk me off of the ledge from dropping money I don't have on the PXG irons. Just fantastic all around and great shaft options.

how are you liking the recoils?

Callaway Rogue Driver/FW/Hybrids
Callaway MD 4 Wedges 54/58
Taylormade Spider Tour/Red

Yeah - suckered in by the no-upcharge option for the latest and greatest and the description sounded like exactly what I am looking for - a better feeling, slightly lighter version of the Project X. Maybe it is for the best as I will need some practice rounds with them to dial in the new mega distances. Treat the tournament as a farewell tour for my i20's!

But we bought in true Golfwrx fashion. Who else but a Golfwrx'er would drop over a grand on new irons with a shaft that based on specs and video, we think will be a good fit for our game.

Callaway Chrome Soft

Black Apex beautiful for sure. But Callaway is offering 40% trade in bonus toward purchase of all their irons except Apex Black. That simplified my decision

They must have gotten beaten up a bit during the last trade in promo cause I got mine with a 50% trade bump (150% total)...

For you guys waiting on shipping. I ordered mine on a Saturday, 2*up and 1/4" long and they were in my hands that Thurs. I may have just been insanely lucky but that's pretty good in my book.

Titleist TSR 3 / Ventus Blue 6-X

Titleist TSR 3W 15* / Ventus Blue 7-X
Callaway Apex 20* / Tour AD DI 85x
Callaway X-Forged '18 4i-PW/ Modus3 Tour 125x

Cleveland RTX6 ZipCore Tour Rack 50.10 / 54.12 / 58.10 / DG TI S400

Odyssey Jailbird 380 WH

Black Apex beautiful for sure. But Callaway is offering 40% trade in bonus toward purchase of all their irons except Apex Black. That simplified my decision

They must have gotten beaten up a bit during the last trade in promo cause I got mine with a 50% trade bump (150% total)...

For you guys waiting on shipping. I ordered mine on a Saturday, 2*up and 1/4" long and they were in my hands that Thurs. I may have just been insanely lucky but that's pretty good in my book.

Yeah, I ordered mine on a Wednesday and had them by Friday of the same week. Two whole days! Mine were 1 flat and ungripped.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Better get em before that wall is built. ?

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

Received mine yesterday and took them out tonight to my home course. Didn't hit them on the range just straight to the first tee. Quick background, I've been playing I5 ZZ65 for about 10 years and I've noticed that I've been losing distance over the years. My typical shot from 150-160 was a 7 iron and so on.

I recently went to a fitting and the Callaway APEX Project X 6.0 was the best for launch, spin and distance. I actually gained 15 yards over the I5's because I launched the APEX 2 degrees lower and dropped the spin about 400 rpms.

I decided to order the APEX 4 Hybrid to be a 4 iron replacement and went 5-AW.

It was a little windy today, so it took some adjustments. On the first hole I was 158yds to the pin and I hit a standard 8 iron and flew the green. Next hole is a par 3 and I always hit a 6 iron with my I5. Slight wind in the face, so I hit the APEX 7 and was pin high.

The rest of the round was very similar, I would club up from what I would normally hit and have good results. I noticed that the APEX PX combo for me just had a better flight, ball took off and flattened out. 5,6 and 7 irons were next to the ball marks on the greens. I noticed that on approach shots to the green the ball stayed very close to where it landed and there wasn't much roll out, if any.

The APEX 23* Hybrid is really good. I've been playing the Adams Pro 20* VS Proto for 10 years and read that these were similar, so I ordered the APEX with the Kuro Kage X and it straight out performed. Very easy to hit and is long. I was on a par 5 and dropped a ball at 217 yds to the pin, slight downwind and flew pin high. On a par 4 I hit two tee shots one with the Adms Pro 20* and one with the APEX 23* and both were the same distance with the APEX 23* about two yards farther. I may end up ordering the APEX 20*, but it may be close to my fairway wood.

I know it was the first time hitting the clubs, but I'm impressed and I think once I really get them dialed in they will be in the bag for a long time.

Anyone cross shop these with the PING i E? Pros cons? Feel?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Anyone cross shop these with the PING i E? Pros cons? Feel?

I have both of these sets and would be happy with either set.

Looks like you are a ping fan, i had the i20s,i25s and loved the i25s, but they were a club short for me vs some of the other sets i had.

The ie1s do not have that problem, they are able to keep up to the newer distance clubs. They are like a game improvement blade, low offset, decent bounce numbers, soft feel, progressive offset, repeatable distances. The 7,8,9,pw,uw have very low offset and play like a factory built combo set.

I have only played a few rounds with the CF_16s and found them to be a fantastic club as well. As others have said they are long and soft. They have a great sole for diggers, more of a rounded contour front to back. Offset looks to be quite a bit more than the pings. I have trouble with the lefts sometimes but have had no issues with these. A combo set of apex/apex pro would be fun to try.

I will enjoy playing these against each other, can't seem to commit to one set. M2 tours are also joining the party.

Best of luck in your search.

Typo. 50% you are correct

I just finished another round with my combo set.

I hit 17/18 green today with them.

And, this is the very time in my life.

So easy to hit.

I managed the ball both directions well enough.

The ball stopped nicely.

The distance were pretty predictable.

So happy. lol.

Ping                       G430 10k Driver w/GD Tour AD VF 5S
Ping                       G430 3 Wood w/GD Tour AD UB 6S

Titleist                   Titleist u505 2 iron w/GD Tour AD IZ 95S

Titleist                   T200 4/T150 5-P Irons w/Axiom 105S

Titleist                   48F w/Axiom 105S 54S/60K Wedges w/Fujikura MCI 105 MILD

LAB                   Mezz 1 Max Broomstick w/Accra

Hit these on a monitor today! I must say they felt good! I play mp25s and have a set of the '14 apex. these definitely feel better than the original apex but to me not as good as my 25s! But who doesn't want to hit a 170 carry 7 iron! I was nailing these. I really have no use for a 170 7 iron, but then again why not?? I hate this site, and I hate golf clubs! Just started getting along great with my 25s and shot a low round 74 the other day! Now I'm pondering another purchase?? Damnit!! P.S. If they offered the black ones in lefty I would switch for sure!

Driver: 9* Callaway Rogue sub zero w/ hzrdus yellow 6.5
3w: 15* Callaway epic w/ aldila rogue 110 s flex
Hybrid: 19* Mizuno Jpx 900 w/ fujikura s flex
DI:  Adams dhy 21* w/ aldilla green S flex
Irons: Mizuno mp 18 sc 5-pw w/ Nippon modus 3 120x
Wedges: Vokey sm7 raw 50 F, 55 S, 60 M w/ dynamic gold black s400
Putter: Scotty Cameron newport 3 w/ super stroke

my Apex balck with PX LZ will be arriving tomorrow.....I'm like a kid on xmas eve!

My Apex Satin with PX LZ also arrive tomorrow. I keep on checking my UPS app to see where they are.

Callaway Chrome Soft

my Apex balck with PX LZ will be arriving tomorrow.....I'm like a kid on xmas eve!

My Apex Satin with PX LZ also arrive tomorrow. I keep on checking my UPS app to see where they are.

Awesome...we ordered at the same time right? I hit a demo 7i yesterday at golfsmith and was flying it 165.....love it! can't wait to hit the PX LZ shaft.

Ping G400 Tour S
Ping G400 14.5
Ping G 19*
Ping G 22*
Ping I200 5-P (PXLZ 5.5)
Power spec
Vokey 50,54,58

Odyssey 3T P2 GP Tour Snsr Stright

Awesome...we ordered at the same time right? I hit a demo 7i yesterday at golfsmith and was flying it 165.....love it! can't wait to hit the PX LZ shaft.

I think we ordered the same weekend so the orders were probably processed last Monday. After the way I hit my irons Sunday, they are coming at the right time. I was killing my M1 driver, FW, and Rescues, but I could not hit my irons. They need to be put away for bad behavior.

Callaway Chrome Soft

Can't wait to hear the reviews on the LZ!

I got PX 6.5s tipped .5 inches in mine

Drying overnight and I'll take them to the launch monitor tomorrow. Hopefully I don't break it

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

I think we ordered the same weekend so the orders were probably processed last Monday. After the way I hit my irons Sunday, they are coming at the right time. I was killing my M1 driver, FW, and Rescues, but I could not hit my irons. They need to be put away for bad behavior.

I'm still waiting for the call that my irons have arrived......btw steering at your cell phone doesn't work!

Ping G400 Tour S
Ping G400 14.5
Ping G 19*
Ping G 22*
Ping I200 5-P (PXLZ 5.5)
Power spec
Vokey 50,54,58

Odyssey 3T P2 GP Tour Snsr Stright