Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***)

For some golfers - the fellowship of this sport is a huge reason for playing it. That old clubhouse grille sort of atmosphere comes to mind. It can be the kind of energy where folks would prefer keeping it very positive and enjoyable for everyone's sake.

It's not the brand of banter for everyone - can be boring and almost pointless I suppose. But was wondering if a little grille room convo in the spirit of sincere fellowship with other golfers has online legs?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I smell what you're cookin' and I'm pulling up a seat so I can have a nibble or two. Pass me a Blanton's bourbon, a gin and tonic, or a Crown and Coke.

It's been a long week.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I smell what you're cookin' and I'm pulling up a seat so I can have a nibble or two. Pass me a Blanton's bourbon, a gin and tonic, or a Crown and Coke.

It's been a long week.

I'll partake in any of those, tho I think I'm partial to Four Roses Single over Blantons for the money (but blantons is my #2 I think)

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Love me a good cape hole, just seems to fit my eye.

Do they work a little better for you when the approach is surrounded by water?

It's been a long week.

Yes indeed. It truly has. Bending that elbow - now that might prove handy - might even help the old swing!

It's been a long week.

I'll partake in any of those, tho I think I'm partial to Four Roses Single over Blantons for the money (but blantons is my #2 I think)

I will add Four Roses to my 'must try' list. Discovered Blanton's when my mother purchased me two bottles for my 35th birthday. "Just in case I wanted to share with friends". She recalled that I had shared scotch with a few friends occasionally and thought bourbon was the same. I was happy that she had no clue what she was talking about. I also don't mind Elijah Craig.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Well, my favorite holes are par 5s that dogleg around water. Love 'em.

You can play safe or if you're having a good day with the big dog you can

grow a set and carry as much water as you dare and try and get home in 2.

I always love "heroic" holes cause I tend to like trying to pull off hero shots, lol.

I always love "heroic" holes cause I tend to like trying to pull off hero shots, lol.

Grow a set of what??.......oh.....OHHHH. ;)

A smooth Dark Appleton Estate Rum, in a snifter glass, would be nice.

Hey, guys! :taunt:

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

A smooth Dark Appleton Estate Rum, in a sniffer glass, would be nice.

You could write a book on what I don't know about booze. LMAO. So what exactly is Dark Appleton Estate Rum?

There just "may" have been a little Markers Mark bourbon I've occasionally sniffed. They say it puts hair on you belly! But I do believe it just relocates it form your head. (Rumor has it). LOL.

You good my friend? How's the wife?

I'm a sucker for those. And now, you know why I carry ±2 dozen balls. No words can describe the feeling, when the ball drops/plugs in the edge of a 200 yds carry, from the rough. I can easily get it across with my 5W. But of course, to be sure, I pull out the 12.5°, 3+W. All this time, I know full well that the ball wont lift high enough to make it. :cheesy:

Except for that, I'm not too bad. Actually, I think I'm OK. LMAO

A smooth Dark Appleton Estate Rum, in a sniffer glass, would be nice.

You could write a book on what I don't know about booze. LMAO. So what exactly is Dark Appleton Estate Rum?

There just "may" have been a little Markers Mark bourbon I've occasionally sniffed. They say it puts hair on you belly! But I do believe it just relocates it form your head. (Rumor has it). LOL.

You good my friend? How's the wife?

Appleton Estate is a 250+ yrs rum producer, located in Jamaica. They make White, Golden and Dark Rum.

10-12 yr/o Dark Rum is made to be savored from a snifter glass, like a good cognac. IMHO

Golden Rum is mixed for cocktails, like rum and coke and a gazillion other cocktails.

White Rum is also used in cocktails requiring light rum, the basic would be rum and 7up.

My wife has been better stabilized over the last 5 months, since I brought her to the hospital last September. That is until this May 2nd, when I witnessed a fainting spell, for the first time, across the room from me. In the past, whenever I heard that eerie thud, I always found her on lying her back.

Only this time, she fell forward, like a felled tree, face first. Twisted her glasses, a few scratches close to her eye. Checked her vitals, and rushed her to the hospital, by ambulance, for a scanner.

Since then, I go with her on her daily walk around the block. She thinks it's romantic, but she confessed that she insisted on going for a walk, to get away from ME, for 45 min. :rofl:

Golf, you ask? I've been to the range ~6 times, and I played the executive 11 hole course near by, three times. Then again, it's more golf than I've played in the last 4 years. I'm OK with it....Really!

Thank you for asking, it felt good to talk about it. :hi:

I had one like this:

I've never made one like this:

Closest I've come to gold teeth was a Gold Playboy Bunny in the front tooth of a local pimp. :cheesy:

Yeah, Reasy, can I get a menu? It's early and I was wondering what you serve for breakfast... I'm sitting here at work, just got in to my office, but wishing I was going to the Memorial Tournament today, which is about 45 minutes away.

I've always wondered scotee, ok, not recently like this week, so I've wondered twice and not lately, what happens to the gold teeth of people who die? Before they close up the casket I wonder (this will be three times now) does maybe one guy look at the other and say "hey, Fred, what about the teeth, I mean... I wonder what they're worth- we could, you know, take them?".. "I don't know Cecil, I can call my dentist and find out..." do you get a lot of calls like that.. maybe one.....................or never? :)

Peaking around the partially opened door, seeing if its "safe" to enter. Thx for the invite Conrad.

Played my customary mid-week round yesterday with the usual suspects. Course not particularly long at 6022 yards, but a number of narrow driving holes and well bunkered, challenging greens make it a good test of golf. Especially given my skill set. Opened with three pars. Thinking this was going to be my day. Can't remember, if ever, starting thusly. Then got a little sloppy. Trying to swing to hard, losing tempo, careless shot selection. The game has a way of penalizing one if they become over confident in their approach. Promptly carded a 7 and two 6's in a three hole stretch.

But managed to par the 9th hole, the #1 handicap hole on the course. Downhill drive, slight dog leg left, a green protected with a lake on the right (that I'm often in) and a stream in front and traps left. Drive was just OK, leaving a difficult 200 yard'er over the stream. Decided to lay up, because it was a 1/10 chance of carrying the stream and not in up the lake. Layup to 75 yards where I stiffed a SW to 4' and made the putt. Smart. Ended up with a 44, even with the substandard mid-side play.

The second nine starts with a par 5. Uphill off the tee, then downhill with a pond 100 yards out from the green. To much for me to carry, so always a layup just before the water. A not so good E wedge to just off the green a less than stellar chip and two putts for a bogey 6. But satisfied with that given its not a easy hole. Next is a 170'ish par 3 that I bunkered left. A tip-top SW to 5', perfect position straight up slope putt which was holed. So par and a 'sandy'. With confidence and game building, got on a run of par and bogey (a result of several missed putts) golf.

I don't have many GIR's these days, so the short game skill set is needed to play well. Pitching and chipping was spot on the back nine, allowing to make and/or save par. Ended with a birdie on 18, holing a 35' putt from across the green. Carded a 40 (+4) for the second nine, which is a very respectable score for my golf capabilities. Actually, the best nine holes of golf that I can remember ever playing. And very satisfying given the difficulty of the holes played. So a 84 overall and a round that I was reasonably satisfied with. But setting in the clubhouse with a burger and a beer after, the mind wandered to the half dozen or so shots that would best be described as 'stupid'. Throwing away shots and costing me the opportunity to maybe break 80 for the first time ever. The curse of being a average golfer, always lamenting the "should of, could of" that prevents one from posting a really superior round.

But all signs are trending in the right direction. The swing is serviceable and repeatable, course management is getting better and the heretofore bulky putter is rediscovering its mojo. With high anticipation do I await my next opportunity to venture forth.

Enough with the verbosity about my round. In celebration of the opening of the Clubhouse Grille (and I did after several fermented beverages post round):

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Peaking around the partially opened door, seeing if its "safe" to enter. Thx for the invite Conrad.

Played my customary mid-week round yesterday with the usual suspects. Course not particularly long at 6022 yards, but a number of narrow driving holes and well bunkered, challenging greens make it a good test of golf. Especially given my skill set. Opened with three pars. Thinking this was going to be my day. Can't remember, if ever, starting thusly. Then got a little sloppy. Trying to swing to hard, losing tempo, careless shot selection. The game has a way of penalizing one if they become over confident in their approach. Promptly carded a 7 and two 6's in a three hole stretch.

But managed to par the 9th hole, the #1 handicap hole on the course. Downhill drive, slight dog leg left, a green protected with a lake on the right (that I'm often in) and a stream in front and traps left. Drive was just OK, leaving a difficult 200 yard'er over the stream. Decided to lay up, because it was a 1/10 chance of carrying the stream and not in up the lake. Layup to 75 yards where I stiffed a SW to 4' and made the putt. Smart. Ended up with a 44, even with the substandard mid-side play.

The second nine starts with a par 5. Uphill off the tee, then downhill with a pond 100 yards out from the green. To much for me to carry, so always a layup just before the water. A not so good E wedge to just off the green a less than stellar chip and two putts for a bogey 6. But satisfied with that given its not a easy hole. Next is a 170'ish par 3 that I bunkered left. A tip-top SW to 5', perfect position straight up slope putt which was holed. So par and a 'sandy'. With confidence and game building, got on a run of par and bogey (a result of several missed putts) golf.

I don't have many GIR's these days, so the short game skill set is needed to play well. Pitching and chipping was spot on the back nine, allowing to make and/or save par. Ended with a birdie on 18, holing a 35' putt from across the green. Carded a 40 (+4) for the second nine, which is a very respectable score for my golf capabilities. Actually, the best nine holes of golf that I can remember ever playing. And very satisfying given the difficulty of the holes played. So a 84 overall and a round that I was reasonably satisfied with. But setting in the clubhouse with a burger and a beer after, the mind wandered to the half dozen or so shots that would best be described as 'stupid'. Throwing away shots and costing me the opportunity to maybe break 80 for the first time ever. The curse of being a average golfer, always lamenting the "should of, could of" that prevents one from posting a really superior round.

But all signs are trending in the right direction. The swing is serviceable and repeatable, course management is getting better and the heretofore bulky putter is rediscovering its mojo. With high anticipation do I await my next opportunity to venture forth.

Enough with the verbosity about my round. In celebration of the opening of the Clubhouse Grille (and I did after several fermented beverages post round):

[media=]

[/media]

Sounds very good Fella, I do the lamenting too with the coulda, shoulda, etc. but I guess the best thing is just to think of the positive parts of your game. Sounds like you are getting it together well, plus it's early in the season.

Hey, if y'all remember when my golf club burned down last year, they rebuilt, and had their grand re-opening over the Memorial Day Weekend. It has a wonderful clubhouse, and a nice restaurant/grill much like this new Clubhouse Grille right here.. :)

I don't drink anymore since I struggle with gout. I'll have some cherry juice and is there a hookah lounge in here somewhere?

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Excitement yesterday. Draining the water heater. Like a grizzled plumbing vet. Pulled it off without a hitch. Unlike in Kodak where I learned that I had a grundfos recirculating pump - boy are those thing quiet until you run them dry for an hour - they announce their presence - $250 dollars later we again have instant hot water through out the house and a more experienced handyman. Also went into food coma after the Mac & cheese app and a couple IPAs at Crave. To seabiscuit for sea breeze and breakfast

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

"for I think a law that is not just, is not actually a law" ("nam mihi lex esse non videtur, quae justa non fuerit")  Saint Augustine of Hippo

I'm gonna feel a little sheepish pulling up a chair and asking for a Natty Light after those orders... ?

Nice round overall 51!

Sorry for my absence lately. A guy gets behind a couple days with you guys and it becomes impossible to catch up!

Still using Matt's shoulders back putting tip. My league 9's so far are a pair of 37's, a 38 and a 39, and three of the four scores are from the tough nine!

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***)