• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tolmij

• Conrad1953

• scomac2002

• Reasonability

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already got my 5 bags of potato chips, couple gallons ice cream, 88, yes 88, pizza rolls and 18 cookies. Serious junk out for sure, hopefully trying not to start tonight. 

This guy was on the course the other day  

I am not really big on tooting my own horn, but feel a bit more comfortable doing it in this thread.    I really pushed myself last week with the walking. The weather was nice and I wanted t

Posted Images

Can't really comment on the driving distance versus handicap.  There maybe two guys that average 200+ off the tee in my extended group of senior players regardless of handicap.

What you're more likely to find is steady play from the middle of the fairway from the better players.  If you're rarely in trouble and have consistency in your game it's not all that difficult to score.

After a run of particularly retched play over the past few weeks that  took care of some earlier good scores I now find myself saddled with a deserved 23 handicap which has more than doubled from my pre injury nadir!  😖

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

WS D7 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 16°/22°

TM Speedblades 5-AW

TM ATV 56°

Odyssey White Hot RX #1

A good day today on the golf course.  Wasn't sure I was going to play until about and hour before my tee time as it was still pouring at home. 

As I hit the highway I was greeted by the welcoming view of clear skies to the west.  About 20 minutes down the road the rain stopped and the sun began to shine. 

When I got to the course it was a picture perfect fall day.  A bit nippy, but nothing a couple layers couldn't handle with no wind blowing.

I managed to find a little bit of magic in the old clubs that I brought with me and was well on my way to a very nice round until the 8th hole where a series of mishaps with my 3W lead to a triple.  Recovered nicely on 9 with a par to tie my low round of the year.  Not bad for playing different clubs cold without any practice whatsoever.  Maybe that's trying to tell me something. 🤔

[Added] Found out that one of my good friends from men's league, Walter, has had a stroke and a brain aneurism.  Things don't sound too promising.  I suppose when you're 87 every day is a bonus. 😨

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

WS D7 10.5°

TM Speedblades 5-AW

TM ATV 56°

Odyssey White Hot RX #1

I was just thinking:  my gawd I'm bored today!  I decided not to play in men's league as it has been drizzling all morning  and is quite cool to boot.  The combination of wet and below 50° make it a no go for my wonky back.  But, when you have regular schedule of activities and don't do them you find that you often lack and alternative, especially when sequestered indoors.

Well, I did a little on-line shopping looking at some more puzzles.  Found a couple of beauties, but they aren't in stock at this time.  The one that really caught my attention was entitled the weight machine.  It's done in a Norman Rockwell style which I always loved.

128281219_theweightmachine.jpg.b8a532d503e014c28fd934157e97f4ed.jpg

I guess it's just destined to be a lazy day today as no one else seems to be interested in chatting, at least those in the real world. 😕

• Like 4

WS D7 10.5°

TM Speedblades 5-AW

TM ATV 56°

Odyssey White Hot RX #1

I like breakfast. 2 eggs scrambled, ham, American Fries , Toast lightly buttered , prefer Sour Dough but any bread will do. With all this Biscuits and gravy, gravy full of sausage can be added, and some fruit in season like watermelon and cantaloupe. 

• Like 4

Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
3 Wood Epic Flash set to 16 degrees
3-5 Hybrids Epic Flash 18 20 23 degrees
6 hybrid Big Bertha 26 degree 
7-AW Callaway Mavrik Irons 
50 degree GW Vokey SM7
56 degree SW Vokey SM7
Odyssey White Hot V-Line Fang

Online Shopping

Speaking of inline shopping, I had a couple of eye opening moments this morning.  I may have mentioned that I had shipped off a handful of surplus clubs about three weeks back.  I had never received any sort of notification as to the clubs arriving at destination or that my account had been credited, so I went online to check this morning.

Sure enough the clubs were there and I had been credited, but they made an adjustment without reasoning dropping $5 off of the quoted price for the Cleveland chipper I sent them.  Not sure why they made the adjustment when it was exactly as described.  I guess I should ask?

I sent them a SeeMore putter too and it had already made it to the listing page for sale.  MY allowance was $65 and they were asking $153.50 online for it!  Times must be good for golf club resellers!  Now there's free shipping two directions, but I'm sure they get a much better deal than I would on a one off of ~$25 each way.  It really isn't as bad as it sounds because if I eBay it and pay commission and auction it or take a best offer from Kijiji I'm probably no better off than what I got from the reseller.  I just have cash rather than a credit.

It still strikes me strange that there was no correspondence about anything along the way.

------------------

Item 2

About a month ago I purchased some spring bulbs online that ship directly from Holland.  I got a confirmation of the order, but nothing more.  The confirmation stated that the bulbs would be shipped at the appropriate time for my area for planting.  Check online for your order status.

It took a while before I even had an order status to look up, but it was there eventually and the expected shipping date was to be 10/15.  

I had been looking for an email confirming shipment so today though I better see what was up as the pending date had passed.  Now the shipping date is October 26!  That's getting a bit late for bulb planting in this area especially if it takes a week to get here!  Time will tell...

------------------

Virtual retail maybe a wonderful way to facilitate business especially during a pandemic, but I'm finding that it's getting more and more automated with less recourse for dealing with delays and other problems due to a lack of human interaction.  WE didn't seem to have these issues in the spring when it was the only option available.  Perhaps times have been too good for them? 🤔

• Like 4

WS D7 10.5°

TM Speedblades 5-AW

TM ATV 56°

Odyssey White Hot RX #1