2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

2 hours ago, Conrad1953 said:

Wow, 1000 yards is a big difference in 9s from the same tee box. 3400 is pretty long for us 

older guys for sure. I guess there's a good reason the course is set up that way; there usually is.

I think that maybe a feature of how Stanley Thompson designed 100 years ago.  The course is built into the side of the escarpment, so there's a lot of elevation change.  It actually plays longer than the stated yardage.  It's also linksy in style with no water hazards but a lot of rolling topography so there can be a lot of challenging lies depending upon where you hit the ball. 

We were fortunate that the single we were paired up with carried a GPS so he would tell us the yardage to the pin, but I was often taking a club or two more to get it there once I got onto how the course played and how the ball was carrying.

Perhaps the most startling thing about the day was that I had forgotten what it was like to play with someone who could actually hit the ball.  My son would be anywhere from 30-60 yards ahead of me off the tee.  The height and length are something to behold, especially off the tee.  The apex he hits with almost any club is probably double of what I would achieve.  The group in front of us had a younger guy as well and he could hit the ball a mile, but he was all over the place.  There was a 240 yard par 3 on the front nine and I remember him hitting a hybrid off the tee!

• Like 4

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

3 minutes ago, scomac2002 said:

I think that maybe a feature of how Stanley Thompson designed 100 years ago.  The course is built into the side of the escarpment, so there's a lot of elevation change.  It actually plays longer than the stated yardage.  It's also linksy in style with no water hazards but a lot of rolling topography so there can be a lot of challenging lies depending upon where you hit the ball. 

We were fortunate that the single we were paired up with carried a GPS so he would tell us the yardage to the pin, but I was often taking a club or two more to get it there once I got onto how the course played and how the ball was carrying.

Perhaps the most startling thing about the day was that I had forgotten what it was like to play with someone who could actually hit the ball.  My son would be anywhere from 30-60 yards ahead of me off the tee.  The height and length are something to behold, especially off the tee.  The apex he hits with almost any club is probably double of what I would achieve.  The group in front of us had a younger guy as well and he could hit the ball a mile, but he was all over the place.  There was a 240 yard par 3 on the front nine and I remember him hitting a hybrid off the tee!

Playing with the young guys is pretty humbling. I know the feeling.......kinda gnatty and midgety.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

On 10/21/2020 at 8:34 AM, scomac2002 said:

I've gone back and forth on posting about this today as I was in the wrong.  That said, usually there's a reason behind a person's actions other than pure cussedness.  But, in this day and age, that doesn't seem to matter and recriminations flow...

AS you have gathered by now I was the recipient of some COVID rage earlier today.  I was in a local grocery store that I don't normally go to.  I only had a few things to pick up and I was there because the kitty litter was on sale.

I sanitized before I enter the store as per request and then head to the produce department.  Took me a while to sleuth out the romaine lettuce.  I usually buy heads in a package.  After a bit of time I spot them and dig them out from behind some other packaged lettuce.  Both packages were a week over their best before date so I put them back.  I continue to look at some other options.  Obviously I'm not going to get what I'm looking for.

When I settle on a fresh head and am struggling to get the produce bag to separate with my dried out sanitized hands this generation Xer in her leggings and neon hair loses it.  She proceeds to dress me down for touching every package in the display and contaminating them with my germs when the sign clearly states that don't touch if you don't intend to buy.  She threatens to call the manager to which I thought; let's do that because I had a thing or two to say to the manager.  Needless to say I was taken aback, but I had to concede that she did have a point.

I never responded to her, just looked at her with a certain amount of disbelief.  I didn't think of it at the time, but I seem to recall that I saw her full face as she was talking down to me which means that she didn't have her mask on, but maybe I misremembered.  I think my silence only aggravated her even more as she stormed off to the bakery as I continued on my way.

I have said it before and I'll say it again.  It's not the virus that going to be the real tragedy of this pandemic; it's how we treat one another, especially strangers.  Pretty clear that the trend is we're all enemies now... 😟

For some reason there are people who think its their responsibility to make sure everyone adheres to their interpretation. We have similar but different thing going at present.

We are members of an amateur art gallery, where paintings and all different craft are produced and sold. It is donated by the local council and we have to make it pay for the running costs. Part of the deal is we all do volunteer work in the gallery and craft shop, we have not been since the pandemic started and in fact it was closed until recently. Some members have now started it up. 
We used to enter our names on a monthly calender in the gallery and then you would be reminded two days before, Saturday I received a call telling me to turn up to my duty on Tuesday which was always our volunteer day, after a terse discussion where I reiterated our stance, we go when we can be sure its over, someone put our name down, I was then very rigidly lectured on the need to turn up as if we did not with many others it would have to close down. As far as I was concerned it was a blatant attempt to make me feel guilty and go anyway. 
He said do you know if you do not all do your duty it will close, I responded, better you close than me be dead. The conversation ended there but I was annoyed at the shaming tactics employed against members of a completely voluntary organisation that in the greater scheme of things is not important.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

47 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Some people especially in volunteer organizations think they are self appointed dictators. I have seen it too much in the Volunteer Fire Department, motorcycle organizations, car clubs and even church. One of the reasons I do not join any organizations now except church. At the church I am now at I made it plain up front I am there to worship and run sound only. Trust me I have been asked to join committees et but decline. The only way I get involved in special events is if sound is required

DW and I volunteered at a care home for the elderly, we used to go four to five days a week and spend several hours amusing the residents, I used to play the fool to make them laugh, take them shopping, play games, read to them and many other activities. There was a staff member who's only job was to provide all types of entertainment and hobbies, but she was up herself big time and took great pleasure in making my life difficult, she liked to abuse me in front of others, I only stood it because  I was there for the residents. I finally had enough and at a staff meeting I resigned and gave my reasons outlining all the abuse I had received. Coincidentally there was a new facility manager at the meeting and asI walked out he asked me to meet with him and discuss the problems. I did meet him and explained but nothing changed and five years later she is still there.

I have done this many times during my life but that was my very last volunteering, and I would not ever do it again.

Edited by tolmij
  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

7 hours ago, scomac2002 said:

I know exactly of what you speak.  I am on the reopening committee for our church.  There are about 10 on the committee, but only half ever play a role.  There's also the person who is always right and when she didn't get her way, resigned from the committee.  COVID has only exacerbated these sorts of people issues.

The thing is that organizations are continually looking for volunteers, but these sorts of interactions that take place only ensures the need for replacements as folks move on.  WE got services started again in early August using an outdoor model for several weeks.  We have been indoor for a month now, so I consider my role in this story complete.  I continue to serve as an usher on alternate weeks.  With all the restrictions and modifications due to the pandemic it doesn't really feel much like church anymore...

I think we shut down for 2 weeks around the time of my accident I am still foggy on that period of time Then we started the first service in the parking lot and the second one inside with Covid restricted seating. I do know it rained last week and we did the first service inside with restricted seating and ran the low power FM hook up for those in their cars. On those programs our board of deacons and pastor set things up. We have a strong smart board of deacons and pastor. On the AV end of which I am involved the guy who is over the AV department was elected to the board of deacons last term so we have it covered

• Like 4

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

3 minutes ago, tolmij said:

Given you a like but no idea who you are talking about🤷‍♂️

World Series.  The LA Dodgers are champions for 2020.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

And in further news, Justin Turner tests positive for COVID and is removed mid game.  WTF?  You would have thought that the results would have been returned before a player took the field.  I have a feeling that this story will have some legs.  In years to come we may find out that positive tests were suppressed in order for athletic events to continue or be completed.  Money, money , money... 🙄

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

23 minutes ago, scomac2002 said:

And in further news, Justin Turner tests positive for COVID and is removed mid game.  WTF?  You would have thought that the results would have been returned before a player took the field.  I have a feeling that this story will have some legs.  In years to come we may find out that positive tests were suppressed in order for athletic events to continue or be completed.  Money, money , money... 🙄

That is irresposible to the extreme, I wonder how many will sue if he has passed it on, both him and the organisers.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

5 hours ago, scomac2002 said:

World Series.  The LA Dodgers are champions for 2020.

Shows what I know I did not know they were even playing the World Series--- And BTW what is this feedback thing posted under our names???

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

23 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Shows what I know I did not know they were even playing the World Series--- And BTW what is this feedback thing posted under our names???

Its new thing designed to make you think they know what they are doing, ignore it and it may go away.😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Just a guess on my part, but I think it might have something to do with BST.  I noticed that both @Conrad1953and @Sean2 have feedback.

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

7 hours ago, tolmij said:

That is irresposible to the extreme, I wonder how many will sue if he has passed it on, both him and the organisers.

No one will sue.  They won the World Series.  You've got to get your priorities right...🙄

The cycling grand tours are being completed with riders testing positive periodically.  They just send them home and hope for the best.  Is it reckless or are they just accepting the fact that the pandemic can't be stopped and life must go one as best it can?

Depending upon where you live the response has been greatly varied.  Media has an agenda to present the information in a certain light depending upon their biases.  Politics are playing out not only in responses but how much hysteria is being created within society.  10 years from now there will have been plenty of analysis and editorializing done with regards to responses and results.  Will we learn anything from this?  Scientifically yes, but in terms of the psychology of it, probably not.

• Like 3

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

9 hours ago, scotee said:

Congratulations to the Boys In Blue. 32 year wait.

How bout dem Dodgers. I didn't even watch, lol. I was such a die hard fan back in the day but

barely pay attention any more.

2020 has been some year. We actually have another hurricane heading our way. I better

go outside and secure some things. Only supposed to get 40-50 mph winds at our house

but that's enough to blow some things around. 

Edited by Conrad1953
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I'm like Conrad.   I grew up playing baseball, with the last four years i played being at a higher level .  And i did  not even watch 

a single inning of this years so called world series. played 1/2 a season, with almost 1/2 the teams postponing games, fake fan

noise, announcers yelling , trying to make every game sound like a huge crowd of fans were there. Even fake fans in the stands. 

Wonder who thought that was a great idea?  lol  . cannot believe they didn't stop that.

And  then, to cap off all the silliness, almost 1/2 the teams made the playoffs, and the series played in one stadium, in a state

where neither team really has more than a few fans.  Weird ending to a weird season. Maybe next year will be better.

If they try to do the same thing again, there may be a lot of fans that will never return to watching the games. Will be interesting !

• Like 4

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)