2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Packed leaderboard at the Masters.  With some still to finish their second rounds.  Scrolling, scrolling......Where 'Da Beast?  Way down there?  The chatter was BDC was gonna tear up ANGC with his 400+ drives.  OMP(hil) and OMT(iger) in contention.   B. Langer the oldest player to make the cut at 63 years old.  Is he playing from the forward tees?  

DJ & JT et. al. shootout on Sunday would be fun.  Add OMT and/or OMP into the mix and it would be really fun.  Recording today to skip through the highlights.  Positively miserable weather on Sunday, holing up.  Have announced my claim to the big screen TV (aka the Mrs. one) to watch live and unbothered.  Entertain me.  

• Like 4

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

1 hour ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Packed leaderboard at the Masters.  With some still to finish their second rounds.  Scrolling, scrolling......Where 'Da Beast?  Way down there?  The chatter was BDC was gonna tear up ANGC with his 400+ drives.  OMP(hil) and OMT(iger) in contention.   B. Langer the oldest player to make the cut at 63 years old.  Is he playing from the forward tees?  

DJ & JT et. al. shootout on Sunday would be fun.  Add OMT and/or OMP into the mix and it would be really fun.  Recording today to skip through the highlights.  Positively miserable weather on Sunday, holing up.  Have announced my claim to the big screen TV (aka the Mrs. one) to watch live and unbothered.  Entertain me.  

Going out then, the Mrs that is. 🤨

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

49 minutes ago, tolmij said:

Going out then, the Mrs that is. 🤨

Doubtful.  The weather tomorrow is forecasted to be dreadful.  Falling temps during the day, 25 - 35 mph winds (with possible gusts of 40+), 100% chance of precipitation up to .5", changing to a rain/snow mix in the afternoon.  She doesn't like driving in these conditions.  

Our power seems to go out often in high winds.  Possibility the generator may be used.  Which reminds me.  Need to check the supply of ethanol free gas.  Might as well fire up the generator today also and let it run for a couple minutes.  Preparedness to minimize Masters downtime.  

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Doubtful.  The weather tomorrow is forecasted to be dreadful.  Falling temps during the day, 25 - 35 mph winds (with possible gusts of 40+), 100% chance of precipitation up to .5", changing to a rain/snow mix in the afternoon.  She doesn't like driving in these conditions.  

Our power seems to go out often in high winds.  Possibility the generator may be used.  Which reminds me.  Need to check the supply of ethanol free gas.  Might as well fire up the generator today also and let it run for a couple minutes.  Preparedness to minimize Masters downtime.  

We installed a generator six months ago, two days after the power went out for a full day.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

3 hours ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Would love to see OMT and OMP paired up in a shoot out.  Doesn't even have to be for the win, just for bragging rites.  I seem to recall them engaging in a wonderful display of shot making a number of years ago while paired up for the final round.  Probably 10 years ago by this juncture. 😎

• Like 4

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

AS an aside; went over and joined the PGS group on FB.  Didn't take long for some familiar pictures to appear as in a van full of persimmon woods courtesy of @teevons 👍

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

18 minutes ago, scomac2002 said:

AS an aside; went over and joined the PGS group on FB.  Didn't take long for some familiar pictures to appear as in a van full of persimmon woods courtesy of @teevons 👍

Kool.  Yeah, not the first time I've seen a pic of Teevons' ride loaded up with golf clubs.  

Takes some deciphering on who's who in the groups.  Real names being used rather than our nom de plumes here.  Recognize only a handful of the usual suspects.

Another FB group that may be of interest.  Checking out the stuff others are picking and gathering.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/255089844540763/?multi_permalinks=3513143215402060

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Kool.  Yeah, not the first time I've seen a pic of Teevons' ride loaded up with golf clubs.  

Takes some deciphering on who's who in the groups.  Real names being used rather than our nom de plumes here.  Recognize only a handful of the usual suspects.

Another FB group that may be of interest.  Checking out the stuff others are picking and gathering.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/255089844540763/?multi_permalinks=3513143215402060

Thanks.  Sent in my request.  Should have lots of golf related diversions to fill what might turn out to be a long and lonely winter.

Been looking around trying to source some more 1000 piece puzzles, but those are still in short supply.  May just have to settle for what's available rather than being fussy. 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure that once the new year arrives DW will want to be knee deep in redecorating the third bedroom... 🙄

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

4 minutes ago, SixtySomePing said:

We had a whole house generator installed a year ago this month (Generac). So glad we did that, I had been pondering it for years. It has kicked on twice for short power outages in that time, but with the windy weather Fella speaks of for tomorrow, which we are in line for as well, I expect some outages around here as well. It's a nice peace of mind to have too as I get older, heck, next March I may have to consider becoming SeventySomePing...may need a generator for some internal outages 🙃

Our generator is not an auto start because the solar panels have to be isolated before the generator is used, so we are there with a pull start🤬

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Now above..................below 5 years ago in the preliminary round

Edited by Conrad1953
  • Like 2

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Yesterday we purchased two single induction cooking units, they were $50 each from our favourite discount store as opposed to the cheapest on line at $130 each for the same unit. Purchased them as part of our bit to save the planet, we now use them instead of gas and the solar panels give us free use of them. Did not realise how efficient they are, DW placed a pan and started to heat it for the oil to be added and within 30 secs the pan was at burning point. We now have to alter how we prepare and cook but other things we have cooked today took far less time and cost to heat.

looking forward to our next power bill to see how efficient the panels have been, our initial estimate was they will pay for themselves in two years, heres hoping.

Edited by tolmij
  • Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

4 hours ago, Conrad1953 said:

Now above..................below 5 years ago in the preliminary round

Brilliant pianist, a pleasure to listen to.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

11 hours ago, NoTalentLefty said:

I’m a island after eating chili for 3rd day. No one wants to get near me. 

Warning do not light a cigarette or cigar

Edited by BIG STU
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

I guess I'm like you @Fellaheen51; keeping my comments to myself for the most part.  There was one posting by a picker asking if he had anything of value, which he did, but didn't have the background to know.

I haven't picked in a long time now.  Ironically a 58° BeCu RAM Tom Watson wedge just happened to show up yesterday and in very nice shape too.  I've been looking for one of those for 5 years!  There was also a nice Cashin putter from the same vendor. 

Should probably consider taking the vintage kit out for a spin or two next summer.  Been longing for years to do a Stanley Thompson tour playing vintage short sets exclusively as a sort of cross-country heritage course road trip.  Would probably need to acquire some softer and lighter shafts to play them on a regular basis.

AS an aside; I noticed that Louisville Golf is offering hickories in both ladies flex and senior flex.  A pricy option but could be encouraged to go that route a la Old School Rocker (Randy) from the Classics section.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Masters Musings:

Hoping for a little drama today.  Boring to watch a runaway.  DJ does have a history of final round missteps.  Maybe he falls back to the pack.  Maybe someone makes a run.  

Imagine Tol is pulling for fellow Aussie, Cameron Smith.  Someone put a bend in bill of the young man's cap.  Maybe I'm just old, but the first thing one did with a new ball cap was wet it and bend it.  

Abraham Ancer sure hit's the ball a long ways for being a short feller.  Never have heard of him before.  He's got game.  Will it hold up in the final round?  Pick for Cinderella Story if DJ falters.  

'Da Beast and Bernhard Langer is an interesting paring.  OS & NS.  Likely will not see any of their play.  

Am I late to observing that JT can sure spray it around at times?  Bolo slices like I'm capable of hitting.  

ANGC looks really nice for the middle of November.  Although thought I noted what looked to be aeration marks on a green yesterday.  Like a common muni that I play in the fall.  Couldn't have been.  Sure looked like it.  

Jon Rahm and Patrick Reed paired together.  Thereby minimizing the time spent seeing them on the screen versus separately.  

Kinda like watching golf without a gallery (patrons).  A vague similarity to how we play.  No one around when we whack one into the pines.  

And the ever popular speculation when it's Master's time.  What do you think you could shoot at AGNC?  IDK.  From the members tees for sure.  Fairways look generous.  Keep the bag minimalist as to not invite trouble.  Say 5w, 9w (or hybrid), 7i, 9i, GW, SW, P.  Keep the ball in play. Lay up. Pitch and putt.  Break 100?  Doable.  Maybe.  As long as there's no green jacketed members around glaring at the proceedings.  Making me nervous.  Just a couple of the buds and myself, doing our thing.  

Edited by Fellaheen51
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Masters Musings:

Hoping for a little drama today.  Boring to watch a runaway.  DJ does have a history of final round missteps.  Maybe he falls back to the pack.  Maybe someone makes a run.  

Imagine Tol is pulling for fellow Aussie, Cameron Smith.  Someone put a bend in bill of the young man's cap.  Maybe I'm just old, but the first thing one did with a new ball cap was wet it and bend it.  

Abraham Ancer sure hit's the ball a long ways for being a short feller.  Never have heard of him before.  He's got game.  Will it hold up in the final round?  Pick for Cinderella Story if DJ falters.  

'Da Beast and Bernhard Langer is an interesting paring.  OS & NS.  Likely will not see any of their play.  

Am I late to observing that JT can sure spray it around at times?  Bolo slices like I'm capable of hitting.  

ANGC looks really nice for the middle of November.  Although thought I noted what looked to be aeration marks on a green yesterday.  Like a common muni that I play in the fall.  Couldn't have been.  Sure looked like it.  

Jon Rahm and Patrick Reed paired together.  Thereby minimizing the time spent seeing them on the screen versus separately.  

Kinda like watching golf without a gallery (patrons).  A vague similarity to how we play.  No one around when we whack one into the pines.  

And the ever popular speculation when it's Master's time.  What do you think you could shoot at AGNC?  IDK.  From the members tees for sure.  Fairways look generous.  Keep the bag minimalist as to not invite trouble.  Say 5w, 9w (or hybrid), 7i, 9i, GW, SW, P.  Keep the ball in play. Lay up. Pitch and putt.  Break 100?  Doable.  Maybe.  As long as there's no green jacketed members around glaring at the proceedings.  Making me nervous.  Just a couple of the buds and myself, doing our thing.  

Cameron Smith used to play at my home club.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

31 minutes ago, miamistomp said:

I hate the flat billed caps too

Would like to see more  straws and newsboy caps out there

Most guys just look like  Nascar with all the ads on them

Im or Ancer could do it - I think they have the advantage playing together with no crowd

I'd have my golf uniform plastered with logos if someone wanted to pay me to do it.  Show me the money.  

• Like 3

Wow, he wasn't in the hunt but still...............a 10 on the par 3 12th....Tiger is probably wanting to just

go home now, lol.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)