Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

We've been looking for an artificial tree for a couple of years now.  DW thought she found one earlier this fall when the Christmas stuff first went on display.  It was a little big for our space, so we continue to look.  Instead we got a real one once again from our local garden centre.  They donate all proceeds from Christmas tree sales to six local charities.  They've been doing this for 25 years now!

This year's tree is currently sitting outside in a bucket of water.  We'll bring it inside after the 1st and decorate it then.

• Like 3

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

59 minutes ago, scomac2002 said:

We've been looking for an artificial tree for a couple of years now.  DW thought she found one earlier this fall when the Christmas stuff first went on display.  It was a little big for our space, so we continue to look.  Instead we got a real one once again from our local garden centre.  They donate all proceeds from Christmas tree sales to six local charities.  They've been doing this for 25 years now!

This year's tree is currently sitting outside in a bucket of water.  We'll bring it inside after the 1st and decorate it then.

Our previous long term tree had branches that had to be bent into position, so over the years some of them came off and we rejoined them with strong tape.

This tree has every branch properly jointed for ease of setting up, made it really quick to assemble. We used to have live trees but they were too messy.

Our new tree is 7ft tall, 2 inches lower than the ceiling.

Edited by tolmij
  • Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

3 hours ago, tolmij said:

Christmas is almost with us, new tree this year, retired the old one after 29 years of faithful service, still in excellent condition in our shed, looking for a suitable recipient that cannot afford one. We try to help this time of the year as we as a family are so blessed. No decoration or presents, they are the rest of the days jobs.

DDBCAC83-90D2-4416-A8E9-ED6BA22C4BFE.jpeg

Looking good Tol. 

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Sitting here lonely after finishing my chores for the day. It must be a very busy time for Grillers as they are no where to be seen. Ah well back to my cup of tea and homemade cheese and chilli biscuits.🌶🧀🧇

• Like 4

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

17 hours ago, tolmij said:

Sitting here lonely after finishing my chores for the day. It must be a very busy time for Grillers as they are no where to be seen. Ah well back to my cup of tea and homemade cheese and chilli biscuits.🌶🧀🧇

The weather here has turned c...o...l...d. 40s F during the day and mid 20s for lows at night. This is

COLD for us down here in Dixie. Good time of year to have a surgery I've put off.  Getting 2 hernias

repaired Thursday. One is an Inguinal hernia and the other an umbilical hernia.

Had to do pre op screenings today and a covid test. It'll be good to be pain free in the affected areas

once I've healed up from the surgery. Probably no golf for 4-6 weeks. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

SLED Gemini

On 12/1/2020 at 8:21 AM, Conrad1953 said:

The weather here has turned c...o...l...d. 40s F during the day and mid 20s for lows at night. This is

COLD for us down here in Dixie. Good time of year to have a surgery I've put off.  Getting 2 hernias

Had to do pre op screenings today and a covid test. It'll be good to be pain free in the affected areas

Hope the ops go well, I know DW freaks out at the smallest ones as she has been poked and prodded for many years. Golf back on soon.

• Like 4

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

12 hours ago, scomac2002 said:

First accumulation of snow greeted me when I got up this morning.  Looks to be somewhere between 2"-4".  I didn't think that we were supposed to get much of anything down here by the lake, but there was supposed to be plenty further north in the snow belt.

Have nicely settled into the winter routine.  The one thing that I will miss is our weekly bridge game.  Haven't played since New Years Eve, so that has been gone longer than the pandemic.  Probably won't get back to playing again until this is over.  I never really got comfortable playing on Bridge Base Online.

DW finished off the Christmas cards complete with my annual Christmas letter.  They were posted yesterday along with the Christmas package for the kids that was supposed to fly out with us last week.

Going with BIL and SIL on Thursday to the drive-in Christmas lights display in Niagara Falls on Thursday evening.  I remember going once before years ago with the kids when they were young.  There's about a 45 minutes loop that you drive through with various displays done up in the Christmas spirit.

WE had a very impressive display here in our neighbourhood last year.  It was called Christina's Lights and was put on by a couple in memory of the daughter who passed 19 years ago.  They moved this past summer.  They dispersed the light collection prior to the move, so this local focal point is no longer with us.

20191221_221403.jpg.1331e54e666f36f956a59bfa09a185c7.jpg20191221_221436.jpg.80f8bcaff9e70c9b04896058d37d817a.jpg

Good display Sco, pity they have moved. Not much outdoor stuff in our area.

• Like 4

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

1 hour ago, tolmij said:

Hope the ops go well, I know DW freaks out at the smallest ones as she has been poked and prodded for many years. Golf back on soon.

I had to laugh at the covid test they gave me. I had the nasal swab and ahead of time people were

telling me it feels like they stick that swab all the way up into your brain. Meh, I'm used to my ENT

doc sticking all sorts of instruments up my nose and I've had a few sinus procedures....so the nasal

swab covid test was a breeze for me.

They said they would call me today if I was positive. No call today so I guess I'm good to go.  

Thanks for the well wishes.😀

• Like 4

SLED Gemini

On 11/30/2020 at 5:21 PM, Conrad1953 said:

Getting 2 hernias

Good luck with the procedures @Conrad1953.  Had a visit to the doc's yesterday afternoon myself, but of a less serious nature.  Went in for my Shingrix booster shot and got the flu shot at the same time.  Sure glad I shoveled my drive in the morning because my arms were pretty darned sore by nightfall!

I'll be laying low today.  The initial shot of Shingrix hit me with a wallop.  Hopefully the booster won't be as bad.  I wasn't keen on piggybacking the two together as I usually have a bit of a reaction to the flu shot -- body aches and lethargy -- but I had been looking at pharmacies for over a month and none had any shots available.  Soon as my doc found out I hadn't had one yet, she told me I was getting one!

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

1 hour ago, scomac2002 said:

Good luck with the procedures @Conrad1953.  Had a visit to the doc's yesterday afternoon myself, but of a less serious nature.  Went in for my Shingrix booster shot and got the flu shot at the same time.  Sure glad I shoveled my drive in the morning because my arms were pretty darned sore by nightfall!

I'll be laying low today.  The initial shot of Shingrix hit me with a wallop.  Hopefully the booster won't be as bad.  I wasn't keen on piggybacking the two together as I usually have a bit of a reaction to the flu shot -- body aches and lethargy -- but I had been looking at pharmacies for over a month and none had any shots available.  Soon as my doc found out I hadn't had one yet, she told me I was getting one!

Thanks Sco. I had the 2nd and final pneumonia shot on Monday and Cobi is having hers tomorrow

while I'm in surgery. We haven't had flu or shingles vaccines thus far and don't plan to but plans can

always change.

During this whole covid thing we heard doctors say to take copious amounts of vitamin D and zinc

and we have. Apparently having large amounts of these in your body makes it so the covid virus

can't replicate if you get exposed to it. So far so good. Not sure if we will get the covid vaccine

when it becomes available.

• Like 4

SLED Gemini

We will be getting the COVID vaccine when it becomes available.  There is rumour that some for frontline workers will arrive in the early new year.  After those folks the LTCF residents will be next in line.  I wouldn't expect that I'll be vaccinated until late summer to fall.  Not a terrible thing because that allows for some time to see if there are unforeseen consequences that didn't come out in the trials.   In the meantime we just keep on keeping on...

• Like 3

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

5 hours ago, scomac2002 said:

We will be getting the COVID vaccine when it becomes available.  There is rumour that some for frontline workers will arrive in the early new year.  After those folks the LTCF residents will be next in line.  I wouldn't expect that I'll be vaccinated until late summer to fall.  Not a terrible thing because that allows for some time to see if there are unforeseen consequences that didn't come out in the trials.   In the meantime we just keep on keeping on...

It seems the virus vaccine will be available in the UK next week, it was cleared yesterday.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

21 hours ago, scomac2002 said:

I am going to hold off and see how the vaccine shakes out before getting it. I did get the pneumonia and flu shots this season. 

• Like 3

On 11/30/2020 at 5:21 PM, Conrad1953 said:

Good luck to you--- I have had a umbilical hernia for some time now---- They do not want to fix it because of my weight and size. It has never bothered me though

• Like 4

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

On 11/25/2020 at 8:58 PM, Sean2 said:

Well, you don't have Plymouth Rock either. I have seen it. It is most unimpressive, lol. 

You think I was not a Mopar fan at an early age? When I was in grade school I thought the Pilgrims landed on the rock in a Plymouth. BTW slang for a Plymouth car back in the day was a Mayflower

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Sean2 said:

Bought a new truck last Friday. Toyota Tacoma...the mid-level model. I can't believe all the features it has and had to spend quite a bit of time with the manual. The Apple Car Play is really very nice, as well as all the information one has access to. 

Don't feel bad old buddy--- When I bought my 2001 S-500 last year it has stuff on it I have not learned to work yet and it is darn near 20 years old now!!!  Yep luckily the manuals are all with it. It even has a built in GPS and cell phone in it. One day the phone rang and it was a call from someone looking for the original owner. I thought the phone was disabled. I explained to the caller who I was and according to all the paper work I was the 3rd owner. And no I have not tried to use the phone do not want to be arrested for fraud or something. Yep it has the gadgets

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

You think I was not a Mopar fan at an early age? When I was in grade school I thought the Pilgrims landed on the rock in a Plymouth. BTW slang for a Plymouth car back in the day was a Mayflower

Talking about cars from back in the day; I was watching a piece on Discovery channel about the Dodge Fire Arrow line from the 50's.  Pretty slick rides as they had body designs by an Italian design house fitted on a NA chassis.  The one car in a museum struck quite a chord with me as it was a fire engine red convertible with black and white Argyle leather interior.  Picture that if you will with understated chrome and those broad white sidewall tires.  It made for quite the looker with its clean lines versus the highly sculpted, highly chromed look of typical 50's era NA body styles.

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Yesterday was a day with several parcel deliveries.  That worked out quite well as we took turns answering the door.  I just happened to be upstairs when my latest impulse golf buy showed up -- the Taylormade Pittsburgh Persimmon Original 1 metal driver.

I guess that's what I get for responding to an offer from an eBay vendor after I've had a couple of glasses of wine.  I really don't know what the heck I was thinking about?

The club is in very so-so shape.  Someone did a really good job of hiding blemishes when they took pictures including the rusty shaft.  Live and learn I guess.  I could refurb the club, but for what point?  Posterity?  I won't be using it because the shaft is like rebar.  Probably wouldn't be able to get the ball 4 feet off the ground even if I did make contact with a head that is actually more compact that a PowerBilt Citation persimmon driver that I have!  Perhaps it will have a future as a swing trainer...🙄

• Like 3

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Get the vaccine. I had covid it was not fun. Slept 15 to 16 hours a day and still tired in afternoons. Felt like poop the whole time. 

• Like 4

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

6 hours ago, scomac2002 said:

Talking about cars from back in the day; I was watching a piece on Discovery channel about the Dodge Fire Arrow line from the 50's.  Pretty slick rides as they had body designs by an Italian design house fitted on a NA chassis.  The one car in a museum struck quite a chord with me as it was a fire engine red convertible with black and white Argyle leather interior.  Picture that if you will with understated chrome and those broad white sidewall tires.  It made for quite the looker with its clean lines versus the highly sculpted, highly chromed look of typical 50's era NA body styles.

I know about those. Plymouth brought back the Arrow line in the 70s but it was a far cry from those you described. The ones in the 70s were actually made by Mitsubishi in Japan for Plymouth. Those are the ones I raced in Modified 4 cylinder classes. They even had a Fire Arrow which was peppy for what it was. It weighed about 2100 lbs had a 2.6 litre 4 cylinder engine @ 125 hp. Also had 4 wheel disc brakes and a special decal package.

• Like 3

Hot again today, in the mid to high 30s c, desperately need rain, been going all round us and missing us by around a mile. Have to start watering tomorrow or we will start losing our trees and shrubs. Hottest ever start to summer.

Edited by tolmij
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

14 hours ago, NoTalentLefty said:

Get the vaccine. I had covid it was not fun. Slept 15 to 16 hours a day and still tired in afternoons. Felt like poop the whole time. 

I am glad you are feeling better NTL. I already have had the pneumonia and flu vaccines, but I may wait a bit to get the one for Covid just to see how it initially shakes out. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I know about those. Plymouth brought back the Arrow line in the 70s but it was a far cry from those you described. The ones in the 70s were actually made by Mitsubishi in Japan for Plymouth. Those are the ones I raced in Modified 4 cylinder classes. They even had a Fire Arrow which was peppy for what it was. It weighed about 2100 lbs had a 2.6 litre 4 cylinder engine @ 125 hp. Also had 4 wheel disc brakes and a special decal package.

Exactly. I had a Plymouth Arrow (yellow) and saw that it was made by Mitsubishi. I used to drive and occasionally yell, "Banzai!" as Mitsubishi made Zero's during WWII. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tolmij said:

Hot again today, in the mid to high 30s c, desperately need rain, been going all round us and missing us by around a mile. Have to start watering tomorrow or we will start losing our trees and shrubs. Hottest ever start to summer.

It's in the low 40s here, which for us is quite chilly, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

In the spirit of socially distanced holiday activities, DW and I went out last night to take in the sights at #Glow Niagara.  This is a 45 minute tour (in car) of Christmas lights on display at Safari Niagara.

20201203_193338.jpg.6c4c957ae3ac638faa2f54daef36fbdc.jpg

20201203_194247.jpg.3f38e65e25836f3cf6069f1b39caa9c1.jpg

20201203_195621.jpg.30c95bc0749374f53adfdfd9777d20db.jpg

There are a number of other Christmas light displays through the Niagara region some of which can be viewed on foot while others are of the drive through variety. 

Edited by scomac2002
  • Like 3

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

41 minutes ago, Sean2 said:

Exactly. I had a Plymouth Arrow (yellow) and saw that it was made by Mitsubishi. I used to drive and occasionally yell, "Banzai!" as Mitsubishi made Zero's during WWII. 

Slang for them around the race track was Japanese Mopar--- They also had the Mitsubishi Challenger and Plymouth Shapiro we also ran those too. Dodge had the Colt which looked close to a Toyota Corolla at the time. All of those cars shared the same chassis and drive train combos. Strip the sheet metal off and you could not tell one from the other. At the time I quit I was running a Challenger and because sheet metal was getting hard to find I was building a down sized version of the Le Baron on a Arrow chassis. 

• Like 4

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)