Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

15 minutes ago, Conrad1953 said:

I'm sitting here watching the LPGA as I've typed up posts.  45 degrees F and windy making the wind chills

down into the 30s. They are all bundled up with jackets and sweater hats, gloves and some even wearing

their face masks while playing. Scores are up. Tough day in DFW.

Sean, I see your girl Megan Khang had a good round though. She must be used to cold weather golf

playing up there in Mass. Heck, 45 degrees F and wind is not even a big deal to y'all up there, LMAO.

I watched her play a tournament with wind chills in the low 30s and occasional bursts of sleet going sideways. Some of those ladies looked like they were on Antarctica, lol. 

Yes, she had a good 1st round. I hope she can keep it going. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Conrad1953 said:

Surgery went well. I'll avoid posting boring details except for one thing. Had 6 small incisions; 5 of

which were closed back up with glue......GLUE! When did that start? Pretty cool, though, if you ask

me. Only have stitches where my belly button is. 

Stu, the umbilical hernia bothered me far less than the Inguinal hernia.  Unless the hole gets large

enough for your intestines to poke through you can get by without having the surgery to fix it. The

inguinal hernia, on the other hand, is a bee itch! Mine was on the right side and made it painful to

walk and even get dressed and put on shoes and socks.

Good to hear all went well, rest and recover whilst dreaming about your next golf  game.

• Like 3

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

hot again today tomorrow around 40c, out bush some areas were 47c 116f. Hottest for many years.🥵

Edited by tolmij
  • Like 4

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

21 hours ago, Conrad1953 said:

Surgery went well. I'll avoid posting boring details except for one thing. Had 6 small incisions; 5 of

which were closed back up with glue......GLUE! When did that start? Pretty cool, though, if you ask

me. Only have stitches where my belly button is. 

Stu, the umbilical hernia bothered me far less than the Inguinal hernia.  Unless the hole gets large

enough for your intestines to poke through you can get by without having the surgery to fix it. The

inguinal hernia, on the other hand, is a bee itch! Mine was on the right side and made it painful to

walk and even get dressed and put on shoes and socks.

Exactly what they told me on the umbilical hernia. From what I have been told the "glue" you described is a cyrogenic type glue or basically a high grade of Super Glue. Rest up and heal up

• Like 4

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

10 hours ago, tolmij said:

hot again today tomorrow around 40c, out bush some areas were 47c 116f. Hottest for many years.🥵

That is some serious heat. Do you get the humidity to go along with it, or is it more a dry kind of heat? I once played golf...I took a cart...and the heat index was 122º. It was sunny, but the humidity was 85%. Just sitting in that kind of temperature works up a sweat, lol. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sean2 said:

That is some serious heat. Do you get the humidity to go along with it, or is it more a dry kind of heat? I once played golf...I took a cart...and the heat index was 122º. It was sunny, but the humidity was 85%. Just sitting in that kind of temperature works up a sweat, lol. 

Humidity is reasonable at present but as soon as the summer rains appear it will be up to 100% on somedays, it's always in the 90’s though, like walking through water.

• Like 4

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

4 minutes ago, scomac2002 said:

Attended a reverse Christmas parade tonight in town.  Instead of the annual Christmas parade due to the pandemic the organizers came up with the idea of a reverse parade where the floats are stationary and the spectators drive around town on a preset route to view the displays from their vehicles.  It took us about an hour and a half to follow the route accounting for hold ups at certain locations.  Along the route we saw plenty of private light displays too which added to the holiday spirit.  They also incorporated a scavenger hunt where you scanned a QR code at each location to reveal a clue to help solve a puzzle.

This was all part of an annual food drive sponsored by the police and fire departments with firemen stationed along the route collecting donations at a couple of different locations.  Judging by the traffic jam if was a huge success!

Good for you Sco, seems your area has the Christmas spirit despite the difficulties, happy you enjoyed it and could also help out those less fortunate.🎅🏻

• Like 4

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

First full power bill since installing the solar panels. New air conditioner is more efficient, solar panels keep the house cooler keeping the sun off.

We have millions of items in the house run on electricity so our power bills are usually high, around the $800/$1000 depending on the time of year. Todays full bill is $154, had to look several times as we did not believe it. Decisions have paid off big time.

Edited by tolmij
  • Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

It has been kinda quiet in here lately.  One wonders if the unexpected appearance of a moderator has a side effect of cat got your tongue?  

So this morning I went back to the very first page of this thread, some 1020 pages ago!  Found a bunch of fellows discussing drinks and golf and just life in general.  4 years later not much has changed, even the names of the participants has had continuity.  Some come and some go, others make an appearance from time to time. 

So let's kick this off once again with a salute to the past.  Beverage of choice gentlemen?  Have things changed for you since this thread began?  Should be plenty of fodder in those two simple questions.

I'll start with coffee.  It's the appropriate time of day as this is morning.  WE get our beans from a local roaster and grind them fresh everyday.  If it was mid afternoon, I might answer with a cocktail or a beer.  Dinner would be wine or sparkling water.  Later in the evening I might suggest brandy or port or tea.  I guess it's safe to say that I don't really have a beverage of choice, more of a case of which ever way the wind blows.

AS for the second question, much of what has changed is well documented within these pages.  It would be a tomb to recite it here and way beyond the TLDR limit.  To summarize might go something like this:  top-of-the-world; injury; recovery; move; renew; turn the page; begin again. 

• Like 4

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I had no idea the subject mentioned by the mod had become taboo, lol. 

This thread is full of historical markers for many of us. I had not thought about it in that way before

you mentioned it Sco.

Cobi and I decided to keep our calendars because without them we lose track of when things

happened. Just the other day we could not remember when something happened and had to resort

to Wild A** Guessing until one of us decided to go back and look at a calendar.

You can trust your memory if your life is full of historical markers. Without those markers though, I

could not tell you if something happened in 2012 or 2014. The past just becomes a blur without

frames of reference.

I might have a glass of red wine every 5 years or so. It didn't make it onto the calendar so I'm not

sure when I last had a glass of wine. Coffee in the morning, Yuban Instant doctored with sugar

free french vanilla creamer. Rest of the day I drink Clear American flavored 0 calorie water.

• Like 4

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I probably drink 6 or 8 cups  ( 4oz)  of Cuban coffee per day

A Rolling Rock beer ( tip of the cap to Arnie although no longer brewed in Latrobe) with dinner every now and then

Occasional scotch and soda in the evening ( never have been much of a drinker)

Used to be bourbon but not  spending money on Kentucky

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, billh17 said:

A lot has changed for me since this thing got started. As you guys are aware, i  had some medical issues, as others

have. My golf is about as good as it has ever been. I haven't lost too much yet, tho i keep expecting to wake up and 

be hitting 7 irons 125 yds, any day !  I do not do much other than iced tea and hot chocolate in the winter. Other than that

it is mostly water.  Never was into the hard stuff.   Saw enough on duty to make me never go there !

My best times now are sitting on the deck, early morning  , with that cup of hot chocolate and watching the sun come up

over the hills. Makes for a grand start to the day ! Plan on 18 tomorrow. Mid 50's this time of year has to be taken

advantage of ! Hope all you guys get out this break in the weather.

Have fun out there tomorrow Bill.

I've been watching golf's greatest rounds the past couple nights. Watched Michelle win the 2014

US Open in Pinehurst last night. Tonight watching the final round/group of the 2007 Women's US

Open. 

I watched both of these in real time at the time so it's deja vu for me. I was such a fan of Lorena

Ochoa back in 2007 and was really pulling for her to win this one.....and, frankly, was disappointed

when Christie Kerr won. Nothing against Christie but for me Lorena was a much more exciting

player to watch. 

A month later Lorena did win her 1st  major; winning the inaugural Ricoh Women's British Open

at St. Andrews; wire to wire. 27 LPGA Tour wins in 7 years as a pro and retired at 28 years old

as the #1 ranked played for 158 consecutive weeks. That was a mic drop retirement if there

ever was one.

• Like 4

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

No idea where to start, this year has really been written off, art has suffered to an extent but still moving, get up most days now and could not tell you which day it is. Apart from that we are moving along in the same fog we were when I first started in the grille, as we are in our dream home and think back to where we started 45 years ago, we do not want much to change.

We used to have a drink of wine during the afternoon, just one small glass, somehow that has morphed into 2/3 glasses in the evening sitting up reading in bed eating crispy rice crackers covered in a lovely creamy blue cheese. Do not do this every day but 2/3 evenings, where we then sit and talk until midnight.

During the day DW loves plain water and coffee, I am a tea drinker, spend time most days cooking,  art painting , garden requires massive amount of work but I will get to that soon. DW is a fantastic cook so we have a good variety of meals, with the spice and herb cupboard nothing is out of range.

Golf has been forgotten due to my bout of Polymyalga, think thats the spelling, causes intense pain all over the body and is a condition where the bodies immune system attacks the body, long term steroids should fix it.

When I first came across the grille I instantly thought this is my sort of place, good friendly chatter about golf or anything else that takes your fancy, don’t move far from here now as I consider this my safe place, full of friends from all over. I agree there are a few who used to be regulars but for a mixture of reasons are no longer here, hopefully they will return. Today was busy, up late, shopping for cat and dog flea treatment, water the plants, help cook lunch, cook some peaches and answer the grille.

Mid PM now getting ready to feed the chickens, load the dish washer then lie back in the armchair and take it easy until bedtime.

Stay safe Grillers. 

Edited by tolmij
  • Like 4

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

10 hours ago, NoTalentLefty said:

Got to golf here in Central Illinois today. Was supposed to be 54 got up to 60. That’s Fahrenheit. Had a golf sweater on and a wind breaker and by the first tee the breaker came off. Took a double and triple bogey on the first two holes but settled down with a bogey and then a birdie that  required a 1 foot putt on a 143 yard par 3. Ended up with 43 front 41 back. Took money on 4th hole, closest to pin and birdie got me in to that pot as well. All in all it was a little oasis  by 19 retirees in the middle of the desert called covid . 

Gotta love it my kind of action now

• Like 4

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

One of my Favs won last week Angela Stamford she is an battle ax never gives up--- I have said for years I would take her for a partner any day in a big money match. 

It's a good thing you added in a big money match STU.  With all this talk of who married whom I was beginning to wonder ...

😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

1 minute ago, billh17 said:

what was the issue with the MODS here in the grille ?  i was surprised that our little cubbyhole got the attention !

We may mention an event or a news item in here but i have never seen any arguments in here, and seldom any 

really disagreements on anything.....except for bounce....but thats another story !

Usually here, if someone doesn't agree with a statement or post they simply don't respond to it. Which is showing respect

for the poster and choosing not to fall into the normal discord found in other areas... i  like the way we handle things here, hope they dont

try to close it down.

I don't think that there's really any danger of that.  When management decides to make a change they're always pretty black and white when it comes to enforcing it.  Easier for multiple mods to do the job consistently if there are no grey areas.

• Like 3

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)