Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

I must live in the chicken capitol of the world. Here a chick there a chick everywhere a chick chick.

The fastest chicken fingers in the south; quick draw McGraw Guthrie Jack Bruce Bob et al. Who has

the best coating and dipping sauce?

Frankly, I wish we had an El Pollo Loco around here. It's so much better than this deep fried stuff.

Naked chicken breasts marinated in some kinda pineapple/chile concoction and grilled, not breaded

and deep fried.

Sixty, KFC no longer has double downs on their menu. Ask Gus to make me one. 2 boneless skinless

grilled chicken breasts serve as the "bread" and then add what you want between them as the "meat".

KFC would put spicy cheeses and sauce/peppers between them and wrap it up like a sandwich. Very

messy to eat but good!

You got me started on chickens Tol.

Ok Radro, Gus is thinking about fixing Chicken Cord on Blue for lunch tomorrow.... He needs you to sample it first to see if it will pass the chicken expert first....

So, here you go, Chicken Cord on Blue....

That works. Looks like a reduced taper as well so the naked chicken breasts don't slide off

as easily. May have to employ a 10 finger grip just this once to further ensure against slippage.

I have my dog on standby for when I get to the chewy part.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I must live in the chicken capitol of the world. Here a chick there a chick everywhere a chick chick.

The fastest chicken fingers in the south; quick draw McGraw Guthrie Jack Bruce Bob et al. Who has

Frankly, I wish we had an El Pollo Loco around here. It's so much better than this deep fried stuff.

Naked chicken breasts marinated in some kinda pineapple/chile concoction and grilled, not breaded

and deep fried.

Sixty, KFC no longer has double downs on their menu. Ask Gus to make me one. 2 boneless skinless

grilled chicken breasts serve as the "bread" and then add what you want between them as the "meat".

KFC would put spicy cheeses and sauce/peppers between them and wrap it up like a sandwich. Very

messy to eat but good!

Ok Radro, Gus is thinking about fixing Chicken Cord on Blue for lunch tomorrow.... He needs you to sample it first to see if it will pass the chicken expert first....

Nice looking meal, I may just have that for lunch as I go back through our 600 pages to make sure there is not something I missed.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Was going to post something pithy about 600 pages. But really no need. Spooky summed it up quite concisely. Amazing what transpires when individuals have simple respect for one another and the contributions proffered. We're all proceeding through these "vale of tears" in our own respective manner. Good for the psyche to have a spot where one can stop by and chat it up periodically with other like minded individuals.

Here's to 600 pages. And many more yet to come.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

And Grille page number 600.

600 pages??? Not sure if that's something to be proud of or it's a sad fact.....

Impressive either way!!!

600 is awesome. I think it’s a testament to some quality individuals having the smarts to carve out a niche in the largest most successful golf based message board on the planet. I’ve been a golfwrx member for years and have never felt a sense of community until I happened to post in this thread.

I have never seen such a welcoming attitude, nor have I found another thread on this site that has the thoughtful/insightful posts found here. Here a post may be multiple paragraphs that read clearly and contain well formed thoughts. There is no drama. The guys here have made something that has legs and I see 1k pages in their future.

I don’t see it as sad....I see it as winning.

So the goal is to surpass 1000 pages right?

I think the goal is to continue talking to the posters we enjoy talking to. I know personally my online experiences have never been so friendly. I have had several PMs from Grillers helping me with personal issues, never had that before. Also Gus cooks a mean meal and the waiting staff brighten the day.

On having a brighter day Grillers, painting was yesterday, went well new work will be posted soon I hope, a bit fidley as it is a parrot and the feathers are fussy to paint, today is wood cutting day and laying mulch day. Working well through the four large piles of mulch after the tree removal. Today Friday used to be my main golf day, working back to starting up again, giving the driving net a work out this PM.

Solstice day for us was yesterday so DW is happy again summer is on its way, since being in Australia we are not cold weather people, we acclimatised quickly and there is no going back.

Have a good day Grillers stay safe.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

And Grille page number 600.

600 pages??? Not sure if that's something to be proud of or it's a sad fact.....

Impressive either way!!!

600 is awesome. I think it’s a testament to some quality individuals having the smarts to carve out a niche in the largest most successful golf based message board on the planet. I’ve been a golfwrx member for years and have never felt a sense of community until I happened to post in this thread.

I have never seen such a welcoming attitude, nor have I found another thread on this site that has the thoughtful/insightful posts found here. Here a post may be multiple paragraphs that read clearly and contain well formed thoughts. There is no drama. The guys here have made something that has legs and I see 1k pages in their future.

I don’t see it as sad....I see it as winning.

Well said spooky.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

If y'all see a post from me that just has pl in it just ignore it. The only way I can get a new page to

load is to post something. Haven't figured out the problem yet.

SLED Gemini

and deep fried.

messy to eat but good!

That works. Looks like a reduced taper as well so the naked chicken breasts don't slide off

as easily. May have to employ a 10 finger grip just this once to further ensure against slippage.

Ok, here's some, I dunno, kinda look more like implants to me... is this what you were talking about? No clothes that's for sure. Up north they have to be wrapped in plastic or something until you cook it.... :mellow:

Whoever did that loves some booty. Had to be Gus. No way Tammy or Cyndy did this.

SLED Gemini

Was going to post something pithy about 600 pages. But really no need. Spooky summed it up quite concisely. Amazing what transpires when individuals have simple respect for one another and the contributions proffered. We're all proceeding through these "vale of tears" in our own respective manner. Good for the psyche to have a spot where one can stop by and chat it up periodically with other like minded individuals.

Here's to 600 pages. And many more yet to come.

Very well said... by ALL who said it.

The spirit of fellowship seems to have been abiding 99.99% of the time. Post #1 asks the original question. I'm not too saddened by 600 pages worth of answers. But it's not for everybody I suppose and that's OK. There's no contractual obligations here. Have a seat and have fun.... or... not. It's all good.

You know what I learned today? This is a hoot. There's a new meaning to the the phrase "crop dusting". If you go look, you'll see it in videos and such. Totally gross - and equally (in my book) hilarious.

The Grille can handle a little crop dusting now and then. Maybe the "pilot: was just a little confused and made a mistake. It happens. All is well at the end of the day.

If y'all see a post from me that just has pl in it just ignore it. The only way I can get a new page to

LMAO - I saw that and wondered if maybe you'd drifted off to slumber as your hand hit the post button.

Came really close to replying with. "wr rn po ee rrh elr vm woooooo." lol.

New term to go with "TOOL'd" (totally out of likes). PL now means "PLEASE load"

Must have been asleep through all the excitement, never seen it, which page was it 601 to choose from :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

and deep fried.

messy to eat but good!

Ok, here's some, I dunno, kinda look more like implants to me... is this what you were talking about? No clothes that's for sure. Up north they have to be wrapped in plastic or something until you cook it.... :mellow:

They............................well........it just......what......oh ........oops........wow.....i was gonna say.......never mind....

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I was going to post that my One Lengths and i are talking to each other now...i really seem to think they may stay in the bag...

Question: Switching from an overlapping to a interlocking....all of a sudden the irons straightened out....aim became good.

and the flight was again very satisfactory to me......where they had been offline...(both ways)...and several times a round

a chunk or worm burner. Changed immediately with the grip change. WHY?

That was what I was gonna post ....then I saw 60's never mind....

Anyhoo...about the grip change and improved ball striking>????

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I was going to post that my One Lengths and i are talking to each other now...i really seem to think they may stay in the bag...

Question: Switching from an overlapping to a interlocking....all of a sudden the irons straightened out....aim became good.

and the flight was again very satisfactory to me......where they had been offline...(both ways)...and several times a round

a chunk or worm burner. Changed immediately with the grip change. WHY?

That was what I was gonna post ....then I saw 60's never mind....

Anyhoo...about the grip change and improved ball striking>????

My answer is... well... uhhh;;;;;ya know....I was gonna say... (LMAO).

Bill I don't know why Buds. No clue. The grip is a monster in golf - that much I'm sure of. You know me by now - I'd spew some techno-swing-babble if I could but why one grip style gets your clubs to listen more than the other is beyond me. Maybe interlocking helps give you that feeling that both hands are "unitized" and working together and married to that handle perfectly at all times from address to the finish? Maybe? If it makes you feel any better, I've heard other golfers who reported a grip change did wonders for their game. So you're not dreaming - that much is for sure. Things like this are the real deal.

Hey - GLAD you got the sticks to pay attention. WELL DONE!

Funny that this comes up now. I used to interlock and then went to overlap but lately have been

picking a club up and hands want to interlock again. I was just thinking today that I'm gonna go

with it. I'm glad to hear it's working for you Bill.

SLED Gemini

This is pretty individual. As Fella often says...YMMV.

There's a school of thought that says interlocking is a little easier to hit straighter shots and controlled fades while overlapping is a little easier in terms of the draw. I've done something I'm not sure I'd recommend... Old Reason has been known on occasion to drive with one style grip and chip/pitch with the other. Not so sure that's a great plan but I've been known. (Hey I've got zero hole-in-ones so don't listen to me!)

Tiger and Jack - interlocking.

Tried both grips over time, neither were comfortable so now I use the standard baseball grip, easier for me because of my right hand injury, right hand is not very flexible and the hands do not talk to each other, result , hand conflict so I now keep them separated.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Son is going skiing for a week starting Sunday, thought we would feed him up with this 2lb steak. Served with mushrooms and red onion cooked in butter then a celery stock with red wine, thickened. Baked potatoes and pan cooked grape tomatoes.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Yesterday, the Mrs. hounded me to take her golfing. She learned some swing thing tips from a gal pal the previous day, and was all pumped to "practice" them out while they were still fresh. (She wouldn't tell me exactly what.) I'm more than behind in mowing the yard, other yard work obligations. But I'm easily persuaded. So we head out to the local goat track close by for 9 holes. Anyways, she seemingly was striking the ball better. The hot tip, standing closer to the ball. Swinging more upright, prior she was reaching for the ball at address. I've told her this before, but everyone here that golfs with their SO knows that we cannot offer much in the way of advice. Has a real nice draw shot when she hitting the ball decently. We had a nice time, didn't argue at all. She even took some advice about opening and closing her stance a bit. The theory, hitting a fade or draw. Even mentions that she would like to go to the driving range and practice. Heretofore, the only comment has been "that's boring". They remain a mystery.

Anyhow. As I was grabbing the bag in the garage, decided to take the i20's out for one last fling. Just for old times sake, before trying to sell them off. Wouldn't you know, hit them pretty darn good. To good actually. Now I'm once again conflicted. Play or peddle? Had made up my mind that they were goners, now having second thoughts. The real problematic club with them has been the GW. When used for chipping and pitching, not co-existing with the bounce sole very well. Maybe, as I sit here composing, should contemplate replacing the GW with one more suitable and keep the remainder of the set. Not sure if they're just making nice temporarily before reverting back to being temperamental. IDK. Color me confused.

Any of you Ping grillsters have experience hitting the Glide wedges? Don't recall ever having tried one. Hard to evaluate wedges at the LGS off of mats.

After reading the grip change Bill posted about, went to the garage to grip a club. Have used an overlap forever. No particular reason, other than that's the grip my father instructed me to use way back when. And never have thought about it a whole lot. Other than gradually changing to a stronger position with the right hand. To fight the fade/slice. But you know what, the interlock does have a sense of being more "unitized" (as Reason put it) vs. the Varden. Another one of those IDK's. But the seed has been planted. And now requires some additional trial and evaluation. Maybe Bill and Jack are on to something.

You know what I learned today? This is a hoot. There's a new meaning to the the phrase "crop dusting". If you go look, you'll see it in videos and such. Totally gross - and equally (in my book) hilarious.

The Grille can handle a little crop dusting now and then. Maybe the "pilot: was just a little confused and made a mistake. It happens. All is well at the end of the day.

Ha! The key to a properly executed "crop dusting" is to maintain a brisk POP. Enabling one to dust and exit the area before anyone realizes what has occurred. Thereby remaining undetected as the duster by the dustee's. Or someone else takes the fall. Win win.

CD'd the buds the other day while standing on the tee. Due to being audible as well as olfactory, was immediately identified as the culprit. Damn Mickey D's breakfast burritos.

Thinking further on this grip thing. And as I've taken a few practice swings out in the yard. Perhaps its a function of a decline in hand strength as we've gotten older. I've noticed it, trying to open a jar lid is more problematic than it once was. Been noticing a tendency towards gripping the handle really hard with my left (upper) hand of late. When cognizant, try and relax that tendency. But all those times when I'm not cognizant?

This morning, with the practice swings and interlock, noticing that I'm not gripping the club so tightly. Both hands are feeling relaxed. Furthermore, the pressure seems to be evenly distributed between the two . Where both are working in tandem to hold on to the handle. Rather than left hand "death grip" emphasis.

Something as basic as the golf grip. Hadn't really thought about it much, to the point of changing the method. Light bulb on moment? Maybe.

Just to really confuse the grip question I interlock with everything but the putter and use a double overlap for that club.

Ex-boss no longer ex-boss asked me to teach her how to play golf last year. She's a southpaw... Started with the grip suggesting interlock as that's what I use keeping in mind everything would have to be mirror image. Ended up something akin a Chinese puzzle for her. Plan B was the overlap. Success! That's about as far as we got. Suggested she ask a proper teacher for lessons; she didn't seem to interested... :rolleyes:

Worked a shift at the course for the regular Thursday guy while he is on holiday. I had previously suggested that I would do fill-in duty when required. Thursday used to be my regular day until I switched to Fridays last year. I thoroughly enjoyed being there for the day as I got to meet with a great many folks who I haven't seen I quite some time. It was a really good day. The strange part about it was that my men's league plays on Thursday mornings so everyone naturally assumed that I was there to play. I said that I wasn't but I would be back next month.

Before I left to come home my ex-no-longer-ex says to me that if I want it I can have my old day back as the regular guy is already working two days a week. I was tempted, but said that I'll think about it depending upon whether I can get back to playing enough to justify it. The worst thing about it is that it's taking upwards of 50 minutes to drive up there due to all the road construction that is on-going along the most direct route. Felt good to get back to a comfortable spot and routine. They're a good group on the Thursday leagues with nary an issue over the years. as always is the case when dealing with groups of seniors there will be some sad news almost every season. I learned that the couple that ran the early mixed league had both suffer major health problems with the husband having a heart attack last fall and then his wife suffering a stroke early in the winter. I think that I have mentioned them before as they were from South Africa and she was a tennis professional in her younger days. She always played with the men and from the blues so this is going to be extremely difficult for her to come to terms with I suspect. I was saddened by the news. You just never know... :(

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Can't resist a "coaches corner" moment here. And will totally confess to parsing down a mega-rant to far fewer words in this post.

Perhaps others have experienced this along the way. On the journey the hands and that handle sometimes just plain find each other and it's right. When it does, you KNOW it's right. So much so, you're almost afraid to take hands off the handle after the shot. The whole feeling and sense and shape of it from the elbows and forearms down through that handle and on down the shaft is perfect and grip pressure feels unchanging from start to finish. There's even some sort of angle formed from the hanging arms at address as the shaft leaves the hands down to the ball that's just as perfect. Revisiting it from time to time and awareness of it doesn't have to consume us - but we should never settle into constant "close enough" mentality, either. It leaks into other things in the swing and suddenly we're settling for "close enough" across the board - to which we find ourselves coming home after a round feeling beat up more so than feeling excited to get back out there soon.

From the bottom of my soul - that good feeling from a good grip is worth chasing. Even when that feeling of magic isn't quite as vivid and real, provided you discovered it at least once, you'll know there's some little short list that's yours and yours along - you can own. And you'll find ways to come very close to that extraordinary "feel" repeatedly, in your own way and your own time.

The grip has this way of leaking into a better setup - setting the stage for a better, more relaxed, simpler, motion. There's a certain angle of the shaft and hanging arms born in the grip as mentioned. That in turn makes how far we stand from the ball, ball position, how bent over or how upright our posture is... yadda yadda. The reverse is true. A poor grip leaks into a very long list of troubles once we go into motion that no amount of drills or tips can solve. So it's a really BIG deal.

Folks talk about owning your own swing. Fine - that's a conceptual "thing" that's awfully hard to remotely express right out loud. The good news is, we don't have to verbalize it or even remotely describe it.

What we can do though, is marry our hands with that handle very nicely and fall in love with just that. To hades with side-hill lies, from the rough, in the bunkers, and all the extraneous crapola where tweaks to the grip might come in handy. If we can just find some brand of routine that gets both hands and the handle beautifully married... we've won more than half the battle. Some bad shots and bad streaks for periods of time will still come - but it WON'T be the grip that brought it on.

It's a BIG deal. If there's a so-called genie in the bottle, the only way of lifting the top off the bottle to peek inside is through the grip.

Last proclamation.... When the grip is right, it changes how we experience golf. TRULY! There's so much less tension, so much more flow and ease to the swing, so much more relaxing fun and tempo and confidence to be had - once that grip is right about where it needs to be. So Old Reason implores himself and any golfer to do whatever you want in terms of practice, play, which ball to hit, and what brand of clubs to hit it with. But the good fight, the best and most relaxing golf comes from that silly-arsed grip. It's a MONSTER.

Not to condescend here. Hope it's received in the spirit given. You're all big boys and have played this game before. You all can think for yourself without my help. Just venting off what I see as something very real and honestly has impact on how we experience the game in HUGE ways. Heck if you score only slightly better - you're still going to enjoy it more and feel so much joy in it once this animal get's managed.

The cool thing about Snell balls is they ship here in about a week lol. Other brands like Vice can't even ship to an APO address. I'm currently playing with ProV1s, a gift given to me by a semi-pro when I scored for their group in New York about a year ago. Just now getting to them. First time playing ProV1s, and I'm not all really that wowed by them. I'm more wowed by the price by thinking "Wow people are willing to pay that price for them". Off base ProV1s go for about 60 bucks a dozen, along with Bridgestone balls. On base their price tag is 45 bucks. Hell chrome softs aren't much cheaper either. 6 dozen Snell balls for 27 a dozen is a great deal to me. There isn't a golf ball here in the premium category that I can get for 27 a dozen. Even e6s if I can find them on base usually go for 30 bucks lol. I used to get Bridgestone B330S for 25 a dozen if I bought 4, and then bridgestone quit selling them at 31 a dozen and the shop I got them from cut the deal as well lol.

When it comes to lie angles I tend to believe in a +/- 3 rule. In statistics 3% in either direction is considered a margin of error. So for me any lie angle within 3 degrees is in a margin of error. If you go outside of that, you'll probably notice a difference, but not within in. It is also so minute of a change, the body wouldn't be able to know the difference, unless your some super human that can tell the difference down to a degree.

You do realize that + or - 3° is one helluva lot more than + or - 3%? I would expect 3° lie angle differential to be very noticeable and 6° differential to be unplayable.

Well to be honest it depends on ones eyesight and feel. I was blessed with both. I could tell the difference off the bat. I can pick up a club off a rack and set it at address and tell if it is too flat or upright for me. Can't tell you the exact lie angle except on a wedge by eye. I can also feel by swinging a club most of the time if it is tip weighted or not. But that is just me I will concur that some folks can not and it may not make one iota of difference to them

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Funny that this comes up now. I used to interlock and then went to overlap but lately have been

picking a club up and hands want to interlock again. I was just thinking today that I'm gonna go

with it. I'm glad to hear it's working for you Bill.

That tells me one thing that the interlock is natural for you. I am a big proponent of getting a grip on the club whether it is a regular grip or putter that feels natural and good to you. Then you are not forcing things and are comfortable gripping the club. No tension involved-- tension has ruined a many golf shot.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Interesting comments on the grip. I've now had the opportunity to hit a half dozen balls into the back woods with the interlock. Can't tell anything about ball flight as I'm only observing about 50 yards. But. There is now no doubt that the grip feels more comfortable in hand, like I have more control of the handle. Noticed in two spots. One, relaxed pressure in my left hand, can actually grip the club in my fingers and still feel like I have sufficient grip pressure to hang on to it during the swing. Two, increased feel of my right hand on the lower portion of the grip. In other words, equilibrium. Automatically.

I've tried interlock and overlap on successive swings and there is no doubt of what I'm experiencing. Feels quite different, to the better. That my right (lower) hand is better engaged with the handle.

Not sure where all this will lead. But based on your comments, may have a positive impact towards improvement. Even a stroke or two over a round would be nice. Once I can get out and hit some balls and observe and see what happens. Creeping incrementalism towards learning how to play better golf.

Additional note. Been fooling around with trying to add a more pronounced wrist c0ck and release during the swing. Not real a c0ck in the Hogan sense, more of a cupping ala Nicklaus. Heretofore, avoided doing this. Preferring a flatter wrist (actually not thinking about it a whole lot). But I've been trying different swing things as a means to recapture a few of the lost yards due to age. If I overdue the c0ck, turns into ugly snap pulls. But have seen some positives with trying to set and release the wrists during the swing. Now its become something of a timing issue. Trying this mostly with driver in hand. I've realized some longer than norm drives while trying to consciously adding some "cup and release" into the swing. Much to early to say its become routine, and only have been trying this while playing with the Mrs. But worth further trial and practice, once I can get back out to the range.

Described in my best language of swing that I can muster. Continue to lack in the fine points of explaining what I'm trying to do or words to describe it. Flying by the seat of my pants. Watched a couple of vids. Found the posts a couple of days back interesting relative to this wrist c0ck thing. Wish I was more interested in delving into the theory of methodology of golf swing to enhance my understanding. Alas, have to go about the process of trying to improve by small bits and pieces of swing mods. Otherwise, I become confused, lost and bored.

Well I've experienced a first. The mail lady delivered a long narrow package from eBay that was supposed to contain my used Cleveland RTX-3 CB 54° wedge with graphite shaft. The box was empty! :huh: No club, no paperwork?

It appears as thought the box may have been carefully opened on one end so as to remove the contents, but not appear as though the packaging was damaged. I thought it was awfully light when the mail carrier handed it to me!

What a rigmarole to try and open a request for settlement with eBay when they don't even want to deal with something that they believe to not have been delivered due to out-of-date tracking, basically saying call back in two weeks if you haven't got it. Do they think that the thief is going to gain a conscience in the mean time and send the club along on his/her own dime? :rolleyes:

Sent an message to the seller eventually after I figured out how to work around their system to get them involved and maybe speed the process along the way. Very disappointing! :angry:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Holy crapola!! That sucks big time. Anticipating the arrival of a new implement, and all you receive is a box of air.

Probably steps that you're undertaking. I would contact eBay by phone, TT a customer service rep. They were quite helpful on an incident I had while selling an item a year or so ago. Contact the postal service, notifying them of the situation. Advise the seller, as you've already mentioned. Take some pictures of the box end where you suspect the pilfering. The more parties involved, the faster you can reach a conclusion to the situation.

Doesn't get you the club that you were waiting for. But at least it may speed up the process of getting your funds back.

I was on the phone on hold for an hour with eBay. Eventually hung up and went back to attempt to contact seller which I managed to get an e-mail sent. I sent along a couple of pictures.

Didn't think about postal service, but maybe I'll just drive up to the office and see what they have to say about it. Thanks for the heads-up.'

[Added] Good job I did that as the post master examined the packaging and then stamped the package tampered with. He indicated that the package was insured for the value and his mark should aid in settlement with insurance as that is where we're at now. It's likely that the package was emptied somewhere along the shipping chain.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Interesting comments on the grip. I've now had the opportunity to hit a half dozen balls into the back woods with the interlock. Can't tell anything about ball flight as I'm only observing about 50 yards. But. There is now no doubt that the grip feels more comfortable in hand, like I have more control of the handle. Noticed in two spots. One, relaxed pressure in my left hand, can actually grip the club in my fingers and still feel like I have sufficient grip pressure to hang on to it during the swing. Two, increased feel of my right hand on the lower portion of the grip. In other words, equilibrium. Automatically.

I've tried interlock and overlap on successive swings and there is no doubt of what I'm experiencing. Feels quite different, to the better. That my right (lower) hand is better engaged with the handle.

Not sure where all this will lead. But based on your comments, may have a positive impact towards improvement. Even a stroke or two over a round would be nice. Once I can get out and hit some balls and observe and see what happens. Creeping incrementalism towards learning how to play better golf.

Additional note. Been fooling around with trying to add a more pronounced wrist c0ck and release during the swing. Not real a c0ck in the Hogan sense, more of a cupping ala Nicklaus. Heretofore, avoided doing this. Preferring a flatter wrist (actually not thinking about it a whole lot). But I've been trying different swing things as a means to recapture a few of the lost yards due to age. If I overdue the c0ck, turns into ugly snap pulls. But have seen some positives with trying to set and release the wrists during the swing. Now its become something of a timing issue. Trying this mostly with driver in hand. I've realized some longer than norm drives while trying to consciously adding some "cup and release" into the swing. Much to early to say its become routine, and only have been trying this while playing with the Mrs. But worth further trial and practice, once I can get back out to the range.

Described in my best language of swing that I can muster. Continue to lack in the fine points of explaining what I'm trying to do or words to describe it. Flying by the seat of my pants. Watched a couple of vids. Found the posts a couple of days back interesting relative to this wrist c0ck thing. Wish I was more interested in delving into the theory of methodology of golf swing to enhance my understanding. Alas, have to go about the process of trying to improve by small bits and pieces of swing mods. Otherwise, I become confused, lost and bored.

If it's OK - I'd like to sit with this one for a bit. Spent time on the range today - about to dine - then it's off to visit Sonny Boy and Grandson.

But for now I do want to advance this much.

Don't ever as in NEVER concern yourself about proper or improper descriptors relative to swing talk. You can NOT make a mistake here with us. I don't and I know no one else plays this little game where a snicker and eye-rolling happens when a fellow Grillester puts this crap out there in his own way and with his own words. We leave that little game to the I & A piranha.

So I'm going to come back to you with a little something - not a treatise - not a speech - not a list of do's and don'ts - and not a mythical bridge to scratch golf. Just a response is all. And hopefully given with and received in the spirit of good fun and sharing.

That you - or anyone here takes time to express things that don't come easy in terms of how this stuff is experienced.... has my 100% respect. So many get the willies just touching what you dove into with both feet. So well played - never feel like your making a mess of what (here) can't possibly be made a mess of.

All we're doing is kicking tires and having good fun. I only wish others would want or care to at least stick their toe in the water you just plunged your leg into. It's not the easiest thing to even try to do - but you did it. Not that you need my lousy validation one tiny bit. But here goes anyway... ATTA-BOY!

Well played.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)