Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Since we're changing topics here...

Anyone mind if I light up some Juke Box tunes? Any requests???

As the summer vacation approaches I've got a hankering for the Beach Boys.

Hope all are well.

Congratulations to the Grillesters on surpassing 600 pages.

Hi PD, come back from oblivion we miss your input.

How is Ethan, has he recovered from his painting class fright, hope he starts up again soon he has potential.

OMG, a PD sighting! This is like a reunion. I miss you Daddy.

OK DJ Reasy, how about some Chicago? I just picked up their best of CD and am still amazed at their tight musicianship every time I listen.

Thugster, hey, tell us something else interesting about being a caddie....

Edit... well, he was here... come back Thug

Maybe he's back working long hours again...…………..hope he didn't run into a mod somewhere.

The Sad Grilliad will still be here when he drops back in.

Hey Grillers, yeah I got picked up on a temp contract again. After this I think I'm done. Early retirement. Find a good IRA to dump my pension into and become a Walmart greeter or something. I had always thought 'why would I ever retire?', but now that I have been facing the reality of age (and cost) discrimination in the professional arena, I'm tired of it. I contacted the manager of a local exclusive CC about looping, and he said I was about 1 month too late and they were good for now, but he put me on his list.

I didn't get picked up this year to loop for an LPGA pro, and I'm OK with that - hauling those 60lb bags around for 5 days for $100 a day is a real grind.

I have been checking in once in a while and I'm keeping an eye on you guys! Cheers!

Retirement is all you could imagine an more, I may have posted before, my father said he did not know how he found time to go to work, I now know what he meant. We do not have enough time in the day to do everything we plan, I suppose we move not quite as fast but the days are full

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Maybe he's back working long hours again...…………..hope he didn't run into a mod somewhere.

Hey Grillers, yeah I got picked up on a temp contract again. After this I think I'm done. Early retirement. Find a good IRA to dump my pension into and become a Walmart greeter or something. I had always thought 'why would I ever retire?', but now that I have been facing the reality of age (and cost) discrimination in the professional arena, I'm tired of it. I contacted the manager of a local exclusive CC about looping, and he said I was about 1 month too late and they were good for now, but he put me on his list.

I didn't get picked up this year to loop for an LPGA pro, and I'm OK with that - hauling those 60lb bags around for 5 days for $100 a day is a real grind.

I have been checking in once in a while and I'm keeping an eye on you guys! Cheers!

Retirement is all you could imagine an more, I may have posted before, my father said he did not know how he found time to go to work, I now know what he meant. We do not have enough time in the day to do everything we plan, I suppose we move not quite as fast but the days are full

BAM!

BAM!

Now that’s my type of music, good beat, good harmony and good musitians.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Since we're changing topics here...

Anyone mind if I light up some Juke Box tunes? Any requests???

Spirit of Radio- Rush

Symptom of the Universe-Black Sabbath

Cowboys From Hell- Pantera- Drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott passed away last night RIP.

Like me some Tom Sawyer but Spirit of Radio is a big thumbs up. You think they're done for good?

[media=]

[/media]

Yes, I think they are done for good. I hope they don’t show back up when they need a little $$$ and tarnish their rep. “But glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity”

Rush was my first concert. Signals tour, I was in 9th grade. I’d never heard Spirit of Radio before and when Geddy sang “for the words of the prophets were written on the studio wall....concert hall” and then the crowd erupted in a cheer...I knew that everyone there knew something I didn’t...lol. Pickedup Permanent Waves right after and figured it out. It’s been one of may favorite Rush songs since.

Neil Peart parodied Paul Simon's lyrics from "The Sound of Silence" on this song, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls.....and tenement halls". NTTAWWT.

Never was much of a Rush fan during their heyday. No particular reason, just wasn't. Thought some of the songs were a little over wrought and the lyrics a bit obtuse. However, have grown to appreciate their music over time. Very few bands can claim their longevity (only the Stones come to mind), creating music on their own terms. No denying the quality of the musicianship. Neil Peart is amongst the pantheon of greatest R & R drummers of all time. Was ridiculous that it took so long for them to be inducted into the R & R H of F.

My opinion changed after watching a documentary of one of their last tours (Time Machine?) from a few years back. Lot to admire about them as individuals, beyond the music. They came across as good guys, lifelong friends, grounded. That happened to create a whole lot of music together.

Anytime "Limelight" comes on the radio, I turn it up to 11.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

A bevy of e-mails hit the inbox early this morning from eBay. The first two indicated that they had reviewed all the information provided and denied the appeal as the original decision on my resolution request was correct. So I will interpret their guaranteed shipping means that you will get something. It maybe a empty box, but as long as you got something then that's as far as the guarantee goes.

The final e-mail came from an actual human rather than a system generated canned response. So they've decided to stick-handle the problem back into the court of the seller and will give them three days to make good on my claim. I don't expect anything. The fact that we will be traveling will make matters more difficult to continue to seek a refund.

The dispute resolution mechanism is arcane with it's standard forms and canned responses. I think it is deliberately designed to wear the complainant out. I think the part that annoys me the most is that I have over 50 transactions with perfect feedback, not a single complaint and now I'm being treated like a common cheat! :angry:

I realize that there is a lot of dishonesty and theft that takes place out there. #1 son used to work at an auto supply chain when he was in high school and he would continually find empty boxes on the shelves where merchandise had been pilfered. It became such an issue that they began to keep more and more product behind the counter eliminating many self serve options. Meanwhile the cost of everything goes up to offset the losses to theft.

What's interesting about this is that when I told DW about what had happened, her response was: What are you doing buying golf clubs when you aren't playing golf? Do you have a disease? She's probably right and if this is what had to happen to cure it, then so be it. I know that with how my back has been feeling that past couple of days playing golf is one of the furthest things from my mind. You think that you're getting close and now the goal seems so far away. :(

I've wasted enough bandwidth on this topic, so unless something unexpected happens I'm going to put this one to bed.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

A bevy of e-mails hit the inbox early this morning from eBay. The first two indicated that they had reviewed all the information provided and denied the appeal as the original decision on my resolution request was correct. So I will interpret their guaranteed shipping means that you will get something. It maybe a empty box, but as long as you got something then that's as far as the guarantee goes.

The final e-mail came from an actual human rather than a system generated canned response. So they've decided to stick-handle the problem back into the court of the seller and will give them three days to make good on my claim. I don't expect anything. The fact that we will be traveling will make matters more difficult to continue to seek a refund.

The dispute resolution mechanism is arcane with it's standard forms and canned responses. I think it is deliberately designed to wear the complainant out. I think the part that annoys me the most is that I have over 50 transactions with perfect feedback, not a single complaint and now I'm being treated like a common cheat! :angry:

I realize that there is a lot of dishonesty and theft that takes place out there. #1 son used to work at an auto supply chain when he was in high school and he would continually find empty boxes on the shelves where merchandise had been pilfered. It became such an issue that they began to keep more and more product behind the counter eliminating many self serve options. Meanwhile the cost of everything goes up to offset the losses to theft.

What's interesting about this is that when I told DW about what had happened, her response was: What are you doing buying golf clubs when you aren't playing golf? Do you have a disease? She's probably right and if this is what had to happen to cure it, then so be it. I know that with how my back has been feeling that past couple of days playing golf is one of the furthest things from my mind. You think that you're getting close and now the goal seems so far away. :(

I've wasted enough bandwidth on this topic, so unless something unexpected happens I'm going to put this one to bed.

Your wifes respons to purchasing the club made me laugh, that’s exactly what mine would have said.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

The entire situation you're experienced is such a load of B.S. Why the postal service or eBay would think that you're trying to scam the system over a relatively marginally costed item. Not to minimize your capital outlay, but not like it was $400 driver. Cheaters don't typically scam over a few bucks. (Maybe they do. It's a F.U. world we live in.) Given the item, rational individuals would conclude that somehow a theft occurred that prevented an individual from receiving an item that was purchased. That the recipient simply wanted to get what he paid for. One measly golf club. Would be highly suspect that the pilfer occurred as the package was going thought customs. Don't they have the right to open any package they choose to examine content?

Hope this will work out in the long term. That you will ultimately receive restitution. Got my fingers crossed for you.

The entire situation you're experienced is such a load of B.S. Why the postal service or eBay would think that you're trying to scam the system over a relatively marginally costed item. Not to minimize your capital outlay, but not like it was $400 driver. Cheaters don't typically scam over a few bucks. (Maybe they do. It's a F.U. world we live in.) Given the item, rational individuals would conclude that somehow a theft occurred that prevented an individual from receiving an item that was purchased. That the recipient simply wanted to get what he paid for. One measly golf club. Would be highly suspect that the pilfer occurred as the package was going thought customs. Don't they have the right to open any package they choose to examine content?

Hope this will work out in the long term. That you will ultimately receive restitution. Got my fingers crossed for you.

Customs can and do open parcels, DW purchases many things internationally and many of them have a customs tag, several have been opened with no tag. We purchase good quality wine by post and the seller signs the box and covers the signature with tape in such a way it’s imediately obviously if it’s been opened. Knowing this we always check the box when it is delivered, as the postal service require a signature for the wine it’s almost foolproof.

We have always thought the EBAY gaurentee was a good one, obviosly not.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Thanks for the support, buddy! Yes, customs does have the right to open and inspect. That has happened plenty of times to me because you can see where they have retaped the parcel. Where the box had been tampered with it was carefully put back in place, but not taped, so it wasn't obvious until the package was opened.

The annoying part is that I have had zero opportunity to submit evidence with the dispute resolution templates. I did do that to the seller through the contact the seller option, but so far they have been of no help. I'm not going to name them until they've had an opportunity to respond to the latest request, but if they continue to ignore I certainly will. The funny part is that I've bought from them before without issue.

Breaking News

Another bevy of emails hit the inbox notifying me of a "courtesy refund". I have been refunded the total shipping costs including import charges, but only a partial refund on the club from the seller. It's not perfect, but I'll take it. The seller was 2nd Swing. I'm out $12.22, so that's the price of the education. It will take a few days to process.

[Added] Apparently the breakdown of the refund was more than a bit confusing as the full price of the club was refunded along with the shipping costs. I'm out the importation charges which is about what I expected. It's nice to have the matter closed before we left on holiday. The refund will be posted to my credit card that I paid with so I won't have to worry about cash lying around on PP. Thanks goes out to eBay customer help for the favourable resolution.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Thanks for the support, buddy! Yes, customs does have the right to open and inspect. That has happened plenty of times to me because you can see where they have retaped the parcel. Where the box had been tampered with it was carefully put back in place, but not taped, so it wasn't obvious until the package was opened.

The annoying part is that I have had zero opportunity to submit evidence with the dispute resolution templates. I did do that to the seller through the contact the seller option, but so far they have been of no help. I'm not going to name them until they've had an opportunity to respond to the latest request, but if they continue to ignore I certainly will. The funny part is that I've bought from them before without issue.

Breaking News

Another bevy of emails hit the inbox notifying me of a "courtesy refund". I have been refunded the total shipping costs including import charges, but only a partial refund on the club from the seller. It's not perfect, but I'll take it. The seller was 2nd Swing. I'm out $12.22, so that's the price of the educgation. It will take a few days to process.

Not a courtesy refund a guilty conscience refund.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Interesting comments on the grip. I've now had the opportunity to hit a half dozen balls into the back woods with the interlock. Can't tell anything about ball flight as I'm only observing about 50 yards. But. There is now no doubt that the grip feels more comfortable in hand, like I have more control of the handle. Noticed in two spots. One, relaxed pressure in my left hand, can actually grip the club in my fingers and still feel like I have sufficient grip pressure to hang on to it during the swing. Two, increased feel of my right hand on the lower portion of the grip. In other words, equilibrium. Automatically.

I've tried interlock and overlap on successive swings and there is no doubt of what I'm experiencing. Feels quite different, to the better. That my right (lower) hand is better engaged with the handle.

Not sure where all this will lead. But based on your comments, may have a positive impact towards improvement. Even a stroke or two over a round would be nice. Once I can get out and hit some balls and observe and see what happens. Creeping incrementalism towards learning how to play better golf.

Additional note. Been fooling around with trying to add a more pronounced wrist c0ck and release during the swing. Not real a c0ck in the Hogan sense, more of a cupping ala Nicklaus. Heretofore, avoided doing this. Preferring a flatter wrist (actually not thinking about it a whole lot). But I've been trying different swing things as a means to recapture a few of the lost yards due to age. If I overdue the c0ck, turns into ugly snap pulls. But have seen some positives with trying to set and release the wrists during the swing. Now its become something of a timing issue. Trying this mostly with driver in hand. I've realized some longer than norm drives while trying to consciously adding some "cup and release" into the swing. Much to early to say its become routine, and only have been trying this while playing with the Mrs. But worth further trial and practice, once I can get back out to the range.

Described in my best language of swing that I can muster. Continue to lack in the fine points of explaining what I'm trying to do or words to describe it. Flying by the seat of my pants. Watched a couple of vids. Found the posts a couple of days back interesting relative to this wrist c0ck thing. Wish I was more interested in delving into the theory of methodology of golf swing to enhance my understanding. Alas, have to go about the process of trying to improve by small bits and pieces of swing mods. Otherwise, I become confused, lost and bored.

The earlier promised short and sweet response.

If and when you want to - and if you never want to that's fine, too - I'd dump the tanks cupping my hands under your foot on all this.

It sure sounds to me in every way as though you are indeed getting the hands and handle married up and "unitized". It's EXACTLY what you said - worth a stroke or on average and on really good days - way more. I truly think it just makes the experience of golf so much more fun. They say golf is this "feel" thing. To my ear, that's just exactly what you're doing.

The wrists...without crapping in the nest here... that a very natural adjunct to a next logical thought process as the grip starts to work. It's just just somehow happens, right? You could be experimenting the wrist c0ck and ask yourself if the grip is right to support it, OR just as easily get the grip going and end up thinking almost immediately about setting the wrists (when and how) and dumping the wrists (when and how) through impact. AND - you're correct in noticing how those wrists cup, and bow, and flatten out.

There is literally every imaginable approach to setting the wrists and then dumping the wrist c0ck through the strike. I can share what I think and I promise we could find ten different golfers in the I & A peeing on each other's leg all day and night about who has it right and who has it wrong.

Here is what I can offer that might be most supportive with the least amount of rant to go with it. I think what you'll continue to find now that your grip is feeling better and better is this (I think).

There are bends and breaks in the wrists. Seems like when the back of one wrist is flat the other is cupped. At the top of the backswing - most like the back of the lead (your left) wrist to be pretty flat to maybe a fraction bowed - which means thanks to good grip puts the back of the right wrist up there "cupped." Some think and feel it more in the lead wrist while others feel it in the trail wrist. But you and pause and look up there to see where you are.

On the downswing and ALL THE WAY to the lead side leg, that wrist "set" almost goes for a ride and then the wrists uncock.

That's it... the whole enchilada right there. It's when the back of the lead wrist is cupped at the top - with a flatten trail hand wrist to go with it up there.... that's likely to be trouble. Not good for 98%% of us. Anywho, send that whole "package" you've managed to set up there all for a ride on the way back down and dump it a little late off that lead side (left) leg and....KERPOW! Welcome to "ball compression" and "smash factor" and all this other confusing swing babble no one needs at the end of the day.

We can touch on "lag" and such some other time - again if you want.

There it is - short and sweet (best I could anyway given the topic). Have a BLAST! LMAO Go to the range! Hit off of a mat! Do what I say! Do what I do! I'm always right and never wrong! LMAO...

I've had this nagging feeling for the last day or so, and want to get it off my chest. That I inappropriately stepped all over Bill's comments from a couple of days back. Where he offered the observation that he had realized improved ball striking when he switched to an interlock grip. Have this sense that I never allowed him time to further amplify on his experience before I came on with a personal "revelation" about this grip method. One that I've yet to try when actually swinging a club for real. If my heavy handiness (no pun) was misconstrued or inappropriate, my sincerest apologies. Wasn't meant to try and usurp Bill's observations. It was, after all, his post that began the discussion. Sometimes it's better to simply read, offer a nod of acknowledgement, and not offer personalization. Guess I got excited.

Responding to your comments. And I'll be concise for once. Trying this interlock grip thing offers a softer, yet more secure feel to holding on to the handle. Equally with both hands. Hard to have a cupped wrist when your left hand is over gripping the club, trying to hold on. Rigid, inflexible. Most of the so called "cocking" was done with the right wrist. Near as I can tell. At least that was what I was sensing. A few more practice swings seems to indicate the wrists working more in unison.

Suppose the next step in the process is to practice this a bit. Once I can get out for some. Releasing the club (i.e wrist set) through the swing at the correct moment in the ride back down. For lack of a better description, timing of the release. Find the rhythm. Doesn't seem all that complex if it can be done naturally and without actively thinking about it. To many swing thoughts really messes me up when out playing.

I've once again copied your post for further reference. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Always informative.

Interesting comments on the grip. I've now had the opportunity to hit a half dozen balls into the back woods with the interlock. Can't tell anything about ball flight as I'm only observing about 50 yards. But. There is now no doubt that the grip feels more comfortable in hand, like I have more control of the handle. Noticed in two spots. One, relaxed pressure in my left hand, can actually grip the club in my fingers and still feel like I have sufficient grip pressure to hang on to it during the swing. Two, increased feel of my right hand on the lower portion of the grip. In other words, equilibrium. Automatically.

I've tried interlock and overlap on successive swings and there is no doubt of what I'm experiencing. Feels quite different, to the better. That my right (lower) hand is better engaged with the handle.

Not sure where all this will lead. But based on your comments, may have a positive impact towards improvement. Even a stroke or two over a round would be nice. Once I can get out and hit some balls and observe and see what happens. Creeping incrementalism towards learning how to play better golf.

Additional note. Been fooling around with trying to add a more pronounced wrist c0ck and release during the swing. Not real a c0ck in the Hogan sense, more of a cupping ala Nicklaus. Heretofore, avoided doing this. Preferring a flatter wrist (actually not thinking about it a whole lot). But I've been trying different swing things as a means to recapture a few of the lost yards due to age. If I overdue the c0ck, turns into ugly snap pulls. But have seen some positives with trying to set and release the wrists during the swing. Now its become something of a timing issue. Trying this mostly with driver in hand. I've realized some longer than norm drives while trying to consciously adding some "cup and release" into the swing. Much to early to say its become routine, and only have been trying this while playing with the Mrs. But worth further trial and practice, once I can get back out to the range.

Described in my best language of swing that I can muster. Continue to lack in the fine points of explaining what I'm trying to do or words to describe it. Flying by the seat of my pants. Watched a couple of vids. Found the posts a couple of days back interesting relative to this wrist c0ck thing. Wish I was more interested in delving into the theory of methodology of golf swing to enhance my understanding. Alas, have to go about the process of trying to improve by small bits and pieces of swing mods. Otherwise, I become confused, lost and bored.

The earlier promised short and sweet response.

If and when you want to - and if you never want to that's fine, too - I'd dump the tanks cupping my hands under your foot on all this.

It sure sounds to me in every way as though you are indeed getting the hands and handle married up and "unitized". It's EXACTLY what you said - worth a stroke or on average and on really good days - way more. I truly think it just makes the experience of golf so much more fun. They say golf is this "feel" thing. To my ear, that's just exactly what you're doing.

The wrists...without crapping in the nest here... that a very natural adjunct to a next logical thought process as the grip starts to work. It's just just somehow happens, right? You could be experimenting the wrist c0ck and ask yourself if the grip is right to support it, OR just as easily get the grip going and end up thinking almost immediately about setting the wrists (when and how) and dumping the wrists (when and how) through impact. AND - you're correct in noticing how those wrists cup, and bow, and flatten out.

There is literally every imaginable approach to setting the wrists and then dumping the wrist c0ck through the strike. I can share what I think and I promise we could find ten different golfers in the I & A peeing on each other's leg all day and night about who has it right and who has it wrong.

Here is what I can offer that might be most supportive with the least amount of rant to go with it. I think what you'll continue to find now that your grip is feeling better and better is this (I think).

There are bends and breaks in the wrists. Seems like when the back of one wrist is flat the other is cupped. At the top of the backswing - most like the back of the lead (your left) wrist to be pretty flat to maybe a fraction bowed - which means thanks to good grip puts the back of the right wrist up there "cupped." Some think and feel it more in the lead wrist while others feel it in the trail wrist. But you and pause and look up there to see where you are.

On the downswing and ALL THE WAY to the lead side leg, that wrist "set" almost goes for a ride and then the wrists uncock.

That's it... the whole enchilada right there. It's when the back of the lead wrist is cupped at the top - with a flatten trail hand wrist to go with it up there.... that's likely to be trouble. Not good for 98%% of us. Anywho, send that whole "package" you've managed to set up there all for a ride on the way back down and dump it a little late off that lead side (left) leg and....KERPOW! Welcome to "ball compression" and "smash factor" and all this other confusing swing babble no one needs at the end of the day.

We can touch on "lag" and such some other time - again if you want.

There it is - short and sweet (best I could anyway given the topic). Have a BLAST! LMAO Go to the range! Hit off of a mat! Do what I say! Do what I do! I'm always right and never wrong! LMAO...

I've had this nagging feeling for the last day or so, and want to get it off my chest. That I inappropriately stepped all over Bill's comments from a couple of days back. Where he offered the observation that he had realized improved ball striking when he switched to an interlock grip. Have this sense that I never allowed him time to further amplify on his experience before I came on with a personal "revelation" about this grip method. One that I've yet to try when actually swinging a club for real. If my heavy handiness (no pun) was misconstrued or inappropriate, my sincerest apologies. Wasn't meant to try and usurp Bill's observations. It was, after all, his post that began the discussion. Sometimes it's better to simply read, offer a nod of acknowledgement, and not offer personalization. Guess I got excited.

Responding to your comments. And I'll be concise for once. Trying this interlock grip thing offers a softer, yet more secure feel to holding on to the handle. Equally with both hands. Hard to have a cupped wrist when your left hand is over gripping the club, trying to hold on. Rigid, inflexible. Most of the so called "cocking" was done with the right wrist. Near as I can tell. At least that was what I was sensing. A few more practice swings seems to indicate the wrists working more in unison.

Suppose the next step in the process is to practice this a bit. Once I can get out for some. Releasing the club (i.e wrist set) through the swing at the correct moment in the ride back down. For lack of a better description, timing of the release. Find the rhythm. Doesn't seem all that complex if it can be done naturally and without actively thinking about it. To many swing thoughts really messes me up when out playing.

I've once again copied your post for further reference. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Always informative.

I share concerns about Bill fighting to get words in edgewise and maybe feeling trampled on or ignored. Have had similar thoughts about all Grillesters somewhere along the way.

Our roaming randomness of convo here - is both a very cool thing and maybe at times it's not so good. Have wondered if posters here don't sometimes just "give up" on us given the wackiness of our dynamic - maybe feeling no one remotely cares or even tries to hear their thoughts.

It's HOPED it's regarded at all times by all who grab a seat to be a Grille with "tables", where folks talk with a mouthful and swill whatever beverage washes it down.... nothing personal in words spoken...no intent to ever step on toes. But it's online - there's always room from someone to take offense even when it's not intended. We walk this goofy tightrope the best we can and rely on the fact that good souls and fellowship is always up and running even when the chaos of it all sometimes runs amok.

As to your swing stuff - I'll be quiet and on the sidelines until or unless you even want or care to unpack crap. Yes the topic winds my watch but we all know it doesn't wind everyone's watch. Commenting or not - I personally prefer waiting patiently for others to WANT to discuss such things - to which there have often been very long dry spells when literally no one wanted to "go there". Have always taken that as my signal to keep my trap shut and speak only when spoken to. And that approach seems to work pretty well. We can have tons of good clean fun with or without my getting all spun up over such things. So it isn't some sort of "thing" that makes or breaks the Grille experience. Months have gone by without it and sometimes for a few days it pops back into focus. Either way is good with me and hope others are on that wavelength as well.

Scroll down to the swing video.

This is the guy I was referring to.

My "spidy sense" tells me this post is potentially going to be regarded as any of the following: racist, holier than thou, a swipe at anything not on-par with US tour golf...maybe more.

For the record.. This is merely sharing just how much some golfers "own their own swing"... how the gurus and trackman ball-flight lawyers can pontificate deep into the night...but at the end of the day...a golfer gets it done by whatever means he finds best for him. So please...

SO NO CROP DUSTING just because I posted this. IT'S FOR FUN AND ENJOYMENT PURPOSES - NOT TO RUFFLE FEATHERS!

https://www.news.com.au/sport/golf/hosung-chois-unorthodox-golf-swing-is-just-crazy/news-story/78b899c9e5e6138684de7acd27d08089

Spooky I have a bit of touchy question.

Over your 20+ years inside your work... Has there every been an occasion where someone applied the naval-to-the-spine thing... and later reported improvement in lower GI function?

Cause if not, you're hearing it now.

That’s a new one...lol...but makes total sense. The transverse abdominuns wraps around the lower trunk like a corset and “squeezes”when contracted. Getting everything moving on the inside can be a good thing. Here’s to increased motility!

Spooky I have a bit of touchy question.

Over your 20+ years inside your work... Has there every been an occasion where someone applied the naval-to-the-spine thing... and later reported improvement in lower GI function?

Cause if not, you're hearing it now.

That’s a new one...lol...but makes total sense. The transverse abdominuns wraps around the lower trunk like a corset and “squeezes”when contracted. Getting everything moving on the inside can be a good thing. Here’s to increased motility!

The same effect happened years ago after a couple of visits to the Chiropractor. And that whole subject generates it's own brand of pro and con debates - to which I always view as there being good and not-so-good practitioners in anything and everything.

So I tell my Chiro guy I think something unexpectedly good is coming from his work. He just grinned at me and said, "Oh - OK - well that's a good thing I guess." It's now happened twice for me. Have got to believe its a little more than a coinky-dink.

Like the song says - knee bone connected to the thigh bone, thigh bone connected to the...

This guy's transverse abdominuns must be somehow deeply connected to the dump bone - lol. (Sorry)

I talked about this navel to the spine exercise with my physiotherapy guy and knew exactly what you were talking about Spooky. He made sure I was doing it correctly even though it wasn't something that he would normally prescribe, but if it helps what the heck. I can't say that there has been any impact to motility, but it is something that I can do while sitting at the computer and it does help with general stiffness while sitting. Might come in very handy while on the flight this week.

It was interesting that DW suggested to me that the cool wet weather we've had the past few days may be aggravating osteoarthritis if I'm beginning to present symptoms. My cousin has the same disc degeneration issue that I have and she has developed a form of arthritis so I maybe coming by it honestly. Perhaps that's why a few swings of a golf club yesterday got a reaction from my back when that hadn't been the case in the previous couple of weeks as it was damp and began to drizzle. We'll see if a couple of weeks in a drier climate has a positive impact on how I'm feeling.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Sixty - Someone posted a map of where you live. You can't take a hiatus. We'll track you down and hog-tie you to your computer! LMAO.

The workplace can very definitely shape a poster's style IMO. So does the individual's personal wiring to anticipate what will or won't be picked apart and dissected. Can lead to trying to cover all bases on the front end (maybe sometimes too much so). Can lead to not even entering into discussions to begin with (maybe sometimes too much so).

Darned humans - who needs them? LMAO.

Heck - I'm taking a hiatus from more than wrx - I'm hereby abandoning all people of the world! Off I go into a deep isolation trance for the rest of my life!!!! (You have no map to my house so I can get away with it!)

/////////

Scomacer - what day do you head out? You're flying I presume?

Airline seats... if you can get yourself an aisle seat. That way if the seat and your back enter into a battle, you can stand up and stretch a little. The second benefit is when the person in front of you leans back and pushes the tray table a foot into your belly, you can quickly slide out into the aisle and go pee on his leg!

I don't think that it's you Sixty. I'm just as verbose as anyone here and I'm notorious for the long winded story. It's better when I type something down because that gives me an opportunity to edit, but if i'm just talking off the cuff I'm surprised that I haven't been accused of attempting a modern day filibuster! :lol:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Reasy; we fly out 6:30 Tuesday morning. We already have our seats booked and I do have an aisle seat. It's a 5 hour flight to YVR for our layover and then onto Victoria for 5 days. I'll be doing some walking while on the flight, perhaps as often as once an hour depending upon how I feel.

As I write this I have visions of a young Gary Player doing push ups and sit ups in the aisle of a transcontinental flight from the States to South Africa. That must have been quite the sight back in the day! :bb:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

There's another almost opposite approach and I KNOW Stu will relate to this one. You can grab an old beater wedge, and literally practice off your back deck or an old section of plywood. When you can "pick" the ball off of a hard wooden surface - you'll know exactly how to fly a wedge shot around the greens to a pin. Sounds crazy, right? Stu will explain it if he wants but he's not the only golfer who does this stuff. There's a wrx teaching pro, and buds of mine who've put that one to work and they all swear by it, too.

I am definitely going to try this. Thanks for the tip.

We need to get our buddy Lobs back in here. I believe he built himself a little home practice area with a mat of choice... his "specs" for it I believe are found in this thread back about 6-7 months ago.

Next time I'm at the range - I'll find out who makes the ones they buy.

I'll search back and see if I can find the specs, and thank you for the mat info when you get it. I need a full swing home practice area, nothing over the top just a little DIY so i can practice putting the club face on the ball.

I have a ZEP golf swing analiser, it fits onthe glove and gives feedback via an ap when you get back home, it stores every swing you make. The other good thing is if you have a golf net, you wear the analiser, open the ap on an IPad set it up so the camera can see you and when you swing, it automatically records your swing along with the normal playing data, so you can see what is happening and compare it to the numbers. Has not made me a better golfer but at least I know what is wrong.

This sounds like a must have. Thanks for the info. I think that's one of my major problems is that most of the time I don't know what went wrong. I do know some of my problem moves but I also have things happen that mystify me..lol.

Sixty - Someone posted a map of where you live. You can't take a hiatus. We'll track you down and hog-tie you to your computer! LMAO.

The workplace can very definitely shape a poster's style IMO. So does the individual's personal wiring to anticipate what will or won't be picked apart and dissected. Can lead to trying to cover all bases on the front end (maybe sometimes too much so). Can lead to not even entering into discussions to begin with (maybe sometimes too much so).

Darned humans - who needs them? LMAO.

Heck - I'm taking a hiatus from more than wrx - I'm hereby abandoning all people of the world! Off I go into a deep isolation trance for the rest of my life!!!! (You have no map to my house so I can get away with it!)

/////////

Scomacer - what day do you head out? You're flying I presume?

Airline seats... if you can get yourself an aisle seat. That way if the seat and your back enter into a battle, you can stand up and stretch a little. The second benefit is when the person in front of you leans back and pushes the tray table a foot into your belly, you can quickly slide out into the aisle and go pee on his leg!

Yes we do. It’s right here in plain sight so don’t even try it.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

I've been offline again. I keep getting spam pop-ups when I log on here with dire warnings to get their spam protection or else! I thought I beat that but they are back ;(

And getting the red site not secure msg. in my tool bar again.

I was getting the spam pop ups too several weeks ago. I deleted my history and that solved it.

I've been offline again. I keep getting spam pop-ups when I log on here with dire warnings to get their spam protection or else! I thought I beat that but they are back ;(

And getting the red site not secure msg. in my tool bar again.

I was getting the spam pop ups too several weeks ago. I deleted my history and that solved it.

Been seeing the "Not Secure" message in the address bar as well. It appears and disappears periodically. Likely occurring because WRX is using a expired or invalid security certificate in the their website security design and login preferences. A secure site, with a valid certificate is evidenced by the padlock symbol in the address bar. Since I'm not revealing any pertinent personal information (using a disposable email address), other than a login ID and Pass, don't pay it much mind. However, it would be nice if WRX would update their platform with improved security features. May want to turn on your firewall, if not already, to control which incoming connections are to be allowed.

Haven't had a spam pop-up from this site while on OSX in a very long time. Have not experienced one since running AdBlock. They do occur periodically when on mobile iOS. I close out of the browser immediately. And as Spooky mentioned, clearing out the History and Cookie cache clears up the problem. Temporarily. Happens all to often across many different websites besides WRX. Always on mobile. Very annoying.

Ha, it isn't like we're in a room and some have to be quiet so others can be heard. Not sure it's possible to walk or

get walked on in here. Just type and post and it will get read. Sometimes I'll be typing a post and it will flash on the

screen that several replies have been posted to this thread while I have been typing.

Sometimes I will stop typing and go read the posts first. Other times I will keep typing and post what I have written

before reading the new posts.

Right now it just flashed there were 4 replies added while I'm typing this. I'm just gonna post this now and then I'll

read the new posts that have been posted. You guys are animals today!

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Hey Guys...just got back on....no worries on the conversations....I asked a question reference changing to the interlock grip and having

immediate improvement direction and flight.......You guys fired off a page of conversation on it...which is exactly what I was looking for.

Never worry about stepping on my feet ! I appreciate the knowledge and the attitude of our grille..keep on firing with the long winded

conversation full of knowledge sprinkled with a dose of good ole BS here and there !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

See, I was responding to earlier posts and now this previous one seems to come in from deep space, lol. Such is the

Grille. I just stepped on the cookie talk. Dang!...…………….no biggie...…...this is a normal occurrence in here.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)