Played the new Snell balls this weekend. I had a starter pack of MTB Red and Black so I alternated between them every other hole.

I didn't see a difference in distance off my drive. It was really windy so I can't for sure say whether there was a distance loss with the red compared to the black, but I didn't see any in the conditions I played in. I would assume that since the red is the more spin based ball, it could cause too much spin off the driver. The only difference I saw was around the green. The MTB Red just stop where as the Black roll on the green. I'm used to playing the B330S and the Red is the closest to it, probably better actually. There was a definite adjustment to them because I could attack the pin a lot more without having to adjust for roll. I also found I could play the reds a lot more naturally. I tend to baby or p***y swing with my wedges because I think I'll hit too much into it. With the Reds there is no need to. Baby swings just result in really short shots with tons of spin. The good news though is short chips just stop. They also land soft?! I never new what the meant, but I never had to fix a ball mark on the green, even from 100 out, so I assume that is what them mean by landing soft.

I should mention the green are fast too, so to see the MTB Red just stop makes me think they probably will spin WAY too much for some. They might be an execellent ball to walk backwards, but I'm not skilled enough for that.

So for those trying to decide between black and red. Red is definitly the spinning ball. The biggest difference was on the green, and I found myself reaching for the red on every tee. The Black plays like a typical ball. I'd say like a pro-v1 and a Bridgestone RX.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tolmij

• Conrad1953

• scomac2002

• Reasonability

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry for your loss @bscinstnct.  I too lost my mother a year ago August. She suffered from kidney disease and was on dialysis for 3 years and finally succumbed to infection/sepsis at almost 87..  I w

Haven’t been out to the grill lately,  thought I stop by and say hello. “Hello!”

Regarding playing instruments, I have huge andvantage in loving really ”simple” music, garage rock, happy punk rock, punk ska, Status Quo and Green day like. And to make that kind of music sound well

Posted Images

See, I was responding to earlier posts and now this previous one seems to come in from deep space, lol. Such is the

Grille. I just stepped on the cookie talk. Dang!...…………….no biggie...…...this is a normal occurrence in here.

This one brings to mind the story of Uncle Chip - better known in his circles as "cookie pants". Seems he failed a physical for his school golf team on the same day he crammed a pant-load cafeteria chocolate chips where the sun don't shine. Doc thought he had an infectious disease upon asking him to turn his head and cough.

But anyway, Chip grew up to become more famous for being the world's first and only human to make it successfully through a Hoover dam water pipe and live to tell it. The good news is he made it. The bad news is old Cookie pants was never known for his brilliance. (First clue was probably jamming cookies down his pants, right?). I mean this poor guy just lacked common sense on a massive level. If brains were dynamite it wouldn't blow his ears off!

We last saw Uncle Chip on his way to the Florida Keys. He thought he'd found a lost one and wanted to return it. We started to, then didn't stop him as he climbed on the back of his pet goat, which he'd named Al Paca. Off they went, Al and Chip into the sunset and over the horizon never to be heard from again.

He was lovable. We missed him for a good 10-15 minutes. The second we realized it was no longer necessary to keep the pressure washer parked next to the couch (he and Al took a lot of naps together)... we were good with it.

I've been offline again. I keep getting spam pop-ups when I log on here with dire warnings to get their spam protection or else! I thought I beat that but they are back ;(

And getting the red site not secure msg. in my tool bar again.

Buds, all I know is Ad-Blocker spared this dying laptop. Still owe Bill for that one. There's a lot of frequent crapola done on this end to wipe history, clear cookies, yadda. We're talking on a daily basis.

Ya know, a man can stove up an elbow setting one of those over sized trebuchets. Can end up launching yourself from the Ozarks to South Texas.

Dean Martin wasn't kidding about going back to Houston.

I umm...what?

Sorry - we swerved into cryptic innuendo. Unfortunately after all these years, Rad and I sometimes slip into a sort of veiled language of inferences. The bar scene in the original Star Wars movie must have warped us a little for the worse. LOL

...……….rumor is d cup placement instructions are in the bathroom

drawer next to the pin sheet

Now with this post:

I am not ignoring anyone:

I am not disputing anyone:

I am not forcing my views on anyone:

I am not ranting:

I am not looking for attention:

Bummer, that has made it of no value whatsoever, but here goes.

As an add on to last months bathroom painting, today I put the first coat on the

Toilet

Thunder box

Crapper

Pee palace

Bog house

Or whatever you would name you would use to refer to the little house where the tinkles are done.

Second and last coat tomorrow.

That is of course if any one cares or is interested.

;) ;) ;)

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Ya know, a man can stove up an elbow setting one of those over sized trebuchets. Can end up launching yourself from the Ozarks to South Texas.

Dean Martin wasn't kidding about going back to Houston.

I umm...what?

As I said.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Now with this post:

I am not ranting:

As an add on to last months bathroom painting, today I put the first coat on the

Toilet

Thunder box

Crapper

Pee palace

Bog house

Or whatever you would name you would use to refer to the little house where the tinkles are done.

;) ;) ;)

Outhouse

Privy

Restroom

Head

Powder room

Wash room

Louvre

John

Water Closet

Loo

Lavatory

Shower

Pissior

Can

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Now with this post:

I am not ranting:

Toilet

Thunder box

Crapper

Pee palace

Bog house

;) ;) ;)

Outhouse

Privy

Restroom

Head

Powder room

Wash room

Louvre

John

Water Closet

Loo

Lavatory

Shower

Pissior

Can

Thank you a well researched answer. :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Hey Guys...just got back on....no worries on the conversations....I asked a question reference changing to the interlock grip and having

immediate improvement direction and flight.......You guys fired off a page of conversation on it...which is exactly what I was looking for.

Never worry about stepping on my feet ! I appreciate the knowledge and the attitude of our grille..keep on firing with the long winded

conversation full of knowledge sprinkled with a dose of good ole BS here and there !

OK then. Bill's cool with it. Didn't want to just assume. Back to business as usual. Let the verbosity and BS flow.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Now with this post:

I am not ranting:

Toilet

Thunder box

Crapper

Pee palace

Bog house

;) ;) ;)

Riveting. Inquiring minds want to know......What grip 'ya using on the brush? How long is the handle for the roller?

Painting a toilette is typically a PITA. Three hours of brush work, 10 minutes with a roller.

See, I was responding to earlier posts and now this previous one seems to come in from deep space, lol. Such is the

Grille. I just stepped on the cookie talk. Dang!...…………….no biggie...…...this is a normal occurrence in here.

Ever since first mentioning this digital phenomena, you invariably are the one to start a new page. How is that? Do you count the posts on page, and hold back until the page quota has been reached before posting? Impeccable timing.

I like cookies. Had a couple before retiring last evening. Slumbering off to dreamland with phone in hand, perusing WRX. Waiting for a new pages to load. Chocolate chip is preferred. Wash it down with a swill of milk directly out of the jug. (No problem with contamination, no one else in the house drinks milk.) Oreo's are sooooooo overrated.

Played the new Snell balls this weekend. I had a starter pack of MTB Red and Black so I alternated between them every other hole.

I didn't see a difference in distance off my drive. It was really windy so I can't for sure say whether there was a distance loss with the red compared to the black, but I didn't see any in the conditions I played in. I would assume that since the red is the more spin based ball, it could cause too much spin off the driver. The only difference I saw was around the green. The MTB Red just stop where as the Black roll on the green. I'm used to playing the B330S and the Red is the closest to it, probably better actually. There was a definite adjustment to them because I could attack the pin a lot more without having to adjust for roll. I also found I could play the reds a lot more naturally. I tend to baby or p***y swing with my wedges because I think I'll hit too much into it. With the Reds there is no need to. Baby swings just result in really short shots with tons of spin. The good news though is short chips just stop. They also land soft?! I never new what the meant, but I never had to fix a ball mark on the green, even from 100 out, so I assume that is what them mean by landing soft.

I should mention the green are fast too, so to see the MTB Red just stop makes me think they probably will spin WAY too much for some. They might be an execellent ball to walk backwards, but I'm not skilled enough for that.

So for those trying to decide between black and red. Red is definitly the spinning ball. The biggest difference was on the green, and I found myself reaching for the red on every tee. The Black plays like a typical ball. I'd say like a pro-v1 and a Bridgestone RX.

Good review on the Snell's JB. Think I'll order in a starter pack to trial. Thinking the Black would be a good tee and fairway ball, switching to the Red when near the green. Whadda mean I can't do that? Who sez?

Speaking of toilets; when we renovated the main bathroom four years ago -- has it really been that long! -- we had a high rise toilet installed. The reason being that as you get older it's easier on the joints getting down and you don't have to put a riser on the seat when recovering from hip or knee replacement surgery, or at least that was what we were told. It was pricey, but such is the case with bathroom renos that involve custom pieces to fit the space. The best part is that our contractor -- who first gave me the idea of a high rise toilet -- told me that we bought a Thomas Crapper. Yup, that's an actual brand named after the guy who invented the toilet although the name has been massaged to be more politically correct to St. Thomas fixtures.

At any rate this is just another long winded story about something that I'm hardly in love with. It's too tall and the angles are all wrong. It's pretty bad when a $700 toilet gets rare use except during night time hours due to proximity to the bedroom where as the bulk of the business gets conducted on the $300 Kohler in the powder room on the main floor! So keep that in mind Grillers the next time you go shopping for a toilet. They aren't all created equal and you need one that fits your butt and provides you with the proper angles to get the job done with the least amount of effort. Who'da thunk? Apparently custom fit applies to more than golf clubs... :lol:

Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

TM RBZ Black 12°

Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°

TM '09 Rescue 25°

Adams Idea Tech 28°

TM Burner Plus 7-AW

Cleveland CBX 56°

Never Compromise NCX RAY tau

Now even though DW says I never stop talking, I find it difficult to post long messages, so when the Grillers post half a book I find it interesting not only the time invested in all the pages and pages, but the relevant information everyone seems to have. Reasy and fella commented on the length of their posts but I do not find any of them anything but interesting, always full of good old information. Then we have the educational from Stu, the funny old club golfing adventures from Stu. Sixty with his family photos and don’t forget our Canadian friend and the Wedding plans.

All in all I find reading the Grille educational, funny, and sometimes downright strange. A good place to finish up my day.

Good night Grillers, thanks for all the entertainment.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I'll be dipped. Never thought of the necessity to be fitted to the "can". Was planning on OTR from HD or Lowe's. The Mrs. has been after me to replace the one in the main bath because it's almond colored. She wants white. Seems to be a waste of good funds to replace a toilet simply due to a color change. I've rebuilt it several times, replaced the wax ring, etc. Works perfectly fine. I rarely to never venture into this bath, its her domain.

Hmmm. Perhaps should explain to her the need to be properly fitted. (Really. I read it on the internets so it has to be fact.) That in order to size the toilet correctly, certain posterior measurements will have to be made. Then a test sit at the store, maybe several. Yeah, that's the ticket. For ending all this replacement chatter.

Now with this post:

I am not ranting:

Toilet

Thunder box

Crapper

Pee palace

Bog house

;) ;) ;)

Riveting. Inquiring minds want to know......What grip 'ya using on the brush? How long is the handle for the roller?

Painting a toilette is typically a PITA. Three hours of brush work, 10 minutes with a roller.

I am a paint brush kind of guy, I like the pencil grip with a four inch brush width, always use the best type of brush, nice soft bristles.

First coat today took 1 3/4 hours as I had plenty of edges to cut in, second coat tomorrow will be about 1hr as no cutting in required. Never liked the finish off a roller. Always brush and ladder.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Good review on the Snell's JB. Think I'll order in a starter pack to trial. Thinking the Black would be a good tee and fairway ball, switching to the Red when near the green. Whadda mean I can't do that? Who sez?

Go for it, one of the basic OGA rules.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I'll be dipped. Never thought of the necessity to be fitted to the "can". Was planning on OTR from HD or Lowe's. The Mrs. has been after me to replace the one in the main bath because it's almond colored. She wants white. Seems to be a waste of good funds to replace a toilet simply due to a color change. I've rebuilt it several times, replaced the wax ring, etc. Works perfectly fine. I rarely to never venture into this bath, its her domain.

Hmmm. Perhaps should explain to her the need to be properly fitted. (Really. I read it on the internets so it has to be fact.) That in order to size the toilet correctly, certain posterior measurements will have to be made. Then a test sit at the store, maybe several. Yeah, that's the ticket. For ending all this replacement chatter.

Very funny Fella, definitely a LOL post.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8