Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Saw where some obvious youngster stated all the courses should institute a walking only policy.

Says it will solve the issue of folks wanting everyone alone in a cart.

And would get the older golfers off the course. I posted that he probably wouldn't like the results. A lot of

courses would close without the older golfers and even more when you take away the cart money ! Why do a

large portion of the younger generation have such hatred,or total lack of respect for older folks? When did this

change to this attitude? I simply dont remember anyone having this outlook when i was younger. But, maybe i was

just raised differently,but all my friends were the same way. Older folks were ALWAYS Sir and MA'am. Changing world i guess.

• Like 3

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Yep folks like you and I were raised to respect out elders and that included Police Officers too

• Like 3

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Well OGA and redneck engineering go hand in hand------ Met this nice Canadian couple the other day at the shootout--- She was mesmerized by my Southern Accent---- Told her when she got back to Canada to tell the good folks up there that she had met a genuine North Charlotte NC redneck----- She ended up doing a video on her cell phone of me saying that----

• Like 3

Decided that we should go out for dinner tonight while the option is still available. We walked down to the marina and ate at the diner there. They do a really good roast beef dinner on the weekends. There were about 10 people in the restaurant pretty evenly spaced out. Nobody was under the age of 50.

There were a few kids out playing street hockey which was good to see. Other than children I get the feeling that the younger generations of adults are holing up in their houses/condos/apartments with a lifetime supply of toilet paper!

Got a phone call today that the curling club was closing for the season with about a month of play left, so every day there is another shoe or two to drop. Pretty soon we're going to be prisoners in our own homes.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Out of boredom today I decided to go to the Ping web site and try their N Flight web fitting app to see what the recommendations might be at this point in my golfing life. I hadn't done this in quite a while so I was curious to see if thongs had changed much from the previous recommendations over the years.

I input my data and was more than a little surprised at what came out this iteration. The most obvious surprise was that it recommended regular flex shafts through out the bag. I haven't had that for a while which makes me think that maybe their proprietary shafts are getting softer as my distances haven't gone up. The next surprise was in the set make-up in that it recommended a lone fairway -- 7W-- and two hybrids -- 5&6 -- as well as sticking with set wedges for U, S, L rather than the Glide wedges. The suggestion was for G710 irons, blue dot, +1/2" 7-LW.

Food for thought as a blueprint going forward in terms of set make-up as well as looking at going with more of a CB wedge which is really what I have done with the current bag. I guess I'm headed in the right direction.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

And it is not just older folks, but others who would not be able to play golf without a cart. I walk myself, but I am a big fan of carts as a number of people couldn't play the game without them and it gets them outside, getting fresh air, as well as a bit of exercise. And you're right about courses and income that is derived from those who take carts. Some courses mandate them, but most don't.

• Like 2

What with schools shutting down left and right, you have to wonder what parents are going to do? Nowadays most every kid has some kind of scripted activity. When we were kids we just went out and played. I still remember the sound of moms screaming for their kids to come home for dinner, mine induced, lol.

The governor of Massachusetts announced today that restaurants and bars have to close by 11:00. The town next door just announced its first case.

• Like 2

We have local courses that mandate carts, they are also fitted with GPS and the shop keeps check on how far you are from the players in front, if you fall back and do not catch up within two holes you can be thrown off the course without any refund.

big brother is on the way.

• Like 3

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I played a course like that once. Never went back. The marshals were on our arse by the 5th hole! They didn't kick us off, but I did offer to leave with a full refund. He just drove off... It destroyed my enjoyment of the round. I told them as much when I finished and said I would never come back even if it was free!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

We have our local council elections in two weeks, voting in Australia Is compulsory with a $100 fine if you don’t vote, I am going to phone one of the candidates tomorrow and tell him how stupid they are if they continue. We have to run the gauntlet or around 50 people to trying to force their candidates election promise material at you, stand in a queue, which never reduces all the time the booths are open, hand over personal documents to be registered as having attended then go into a small cardboard booth to fill in the voting form you have just been handed.

It would only take one infected person to spread it amongst thousands on the day with how much personal contact you have to have. Many residents travel into Brisbane by train as work is at a premium locally and usually not the type that most would like, most office work is in Brisbane and road transport is long winded with very little parking when you get there. So the point is trains have been designated the most likely place for infection to be passed on and many people voting have been using them all through this period. Son had good news today, minimum of six weeks working from home, so one problem solved.

The finale to this little story is we are not voting anyway, they can try and fine us, but we are both well over 70 DW 75 me78 in six weeks, it has been made clear we will not be tested or treated due to age we therefore consider it is our right and responsibility to protect ourselves however we can, if they have a problem with this they can go jump.?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

In the past we had a couple of courses like that down here. With the advent of social media word got out among the tourist crowd too. There was a couple of courses that would have went under mainly for the reason you described but the Chinese investment group bought them and basically cleaned house. Today those courses are thriving

• Like 2

We always keep up with the groups in front but one day they were running a teenagers tournament and we were following the last group, they were very slow. We were standing around 100 out from a green waiting for them to put out, watching them and a course Marshall employed just for the teenagers came rolling up shouting at us to hurry up and take our shots as it was bunching up behind us, there were at least two groups waiting to play to where we were standing, my playing partner took off his glasses and handed them to him, he asked what are these for so he pointed towards the green and said look and then pee off, the Marshall looked suitably embarrassed said nothing and we did not see him after that.

A small amount of power results in a great amount of attitude.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

WE have a very officious chief of public health up here and she has as much said that she wants the entire population in their homes. No unnecessary outings other than work, food or medications. Sounds to me like she's trying to turn the country into a prison block! A lot of talk about the greater good. What's next? Reinstating the War Measures Act!?

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Been texting my manager at the golf course. The opening has been pushed back indefinitely from April 4th. They're going to have to institute new protocols regarding cart sanitation. I could see me working fulltime as a cart washer. Carts are washed every day, but will now have to be washed between customers. That will mean more employees and more carts which means higher fees. It's tough to know how this would play out because rounds could be down substantially during this crisis even if the course opens.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

That may be the case brother. Governor is shutting down all bars and restaurants at 3:00 p.m. today. Not surprised at all. Reading the actions taken in a number of other states over the last couple of days. There is a ever increasing "domino effect" in play now. This country is heading towards total shutdown much like Italy, Spain and Germany. The authorities want people off the streets and in their homes. Under the operative theory that isolation is the best path towards containment.

Not making any arguments for or against this strategy. And to what extent the severity of implementation is YTBD. Going to be troublesome week ahead as all this unfolds.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Yes the world she is definitely changing, the up side is there are several groups who now are close to a vaccine, the other point is in China they are starting to flatten out so the rate will shortly be going down. With the numbers that die from flu every year it does seem as if the panic button has been pressed early but who knows, better safe than sorry. Not tried my home course yet but hope to get a game soon and hopefully the cart will be fully cleaned. DW always rides round with me so the cart will have a full spring clean anyway.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Golf Association of Michigan (GAM) announcing that all public and private golf courses in the state are included in the Governor's Executive Order and will close effective 3:00 P. M. today. And remain closed until the order is lifted. Anyone's guess how long that may be. Thinking at least a couple of months.

• Like 2

Wow, I wonder if that will happen down here. We played today and have plans to play Friday. I just checked the Alabama Golf Assn news

and nothing there, so far.

• Like 2

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Likely to depend on how the state is ramping up testing capabilities, and the number of COVID-19 tested positive cases result. Followed by a decision by state government to begin closure of bars, restaurants, basically all public gathering locations. GAM legal counsel, with further clarification by state officials, determined the closure order applied to golf courses as well.

Keeping in mind that one could be asymptomatic for the virus, but still be a vector for transmission to others. That's the big unknown seemingly at this point, how many are carriers without even realizing. And from my reading (to much reading of late), the major impetus for closings. Identification and Containment. We were getting media updates on where new cases were located a couple of days ago. And a tracking history of where they've been. The state will no longer be providing this information. As the cases have increased, the capability to collect and report has been surpassed. At best, all I'm seeing now is a new case's county of residency.

We see the headlines, read the reporting on the pandemic. This could very well be the new norm for several months. Seemingly has been the case for the rest of the world. Naive to think the U.S. is somehow different imo. We're adjusting to the current reality and in hunkering down mode for the time being. Being realistic, not paranoid.

Time to practice chipping in the backyard I suppose. Have a hitting net that I haven't used in years. Might have to set that up as well.

• Like 2

Spoke to my manager again this afternoon and they are awaiting direction from the Golf Course Operators' Association as how to proceed. I was surprised today during the Premier's press conference that no further closures have been mandated. Of course the big shoe fell two hours later when PM Trudeau announced border closure to all non-Canadian citizens and permanent residents. US citizens were exempt at this point in an effort to keep the flow of goods and services intact.

Spoke with my son in BC and his crew of seasonal workers from Mexico will not be coming now. This is going to be a big blow to agriculture as so much of the labour is seasonal off-shore that will not be replaced with domestic workers. There will be a huge impact on fruit and vegetable production.

The situation is rapidly spinning out of control as messaging is quite literally changing day to day. My DIL was here tonight and she is hearing rumours that the schools will be closed indefinitely rather than just the next three weeks. So much negative news and fear mongering particularly on social media. A grave situation indeed with no end in sight. Be well my friends!

• Like 3

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

My better half went grocery shopping today...Krogers....Save-a-lot....Piggly wiggly....

no lunch meat....bread...TP....paper towels...only meat was very expensive steaks...most over the counter cold medicine gone..

many many empty shelves....

getting goofy out there

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

As of today the state elections are still going ahead, that means every Queenslander over 18 has to vote it is compulsory. That means millions of adults walking through the polling stations all day from 7am to 5pm, crazy. The up side for us is we being over 70 do not have to vote in local council elections only federal, so we will be staying home with a glass of wine, son has decided to not vote and pay the fine but we are hoping we can argue why he is not going, a valid reason will put aside the fine.

I am with Fella, golf net coming out soon, from what I can see our local course is still open so that option may still be there.

Stay safe Grillers, take no chances, it looks as I this one will creep up and smack you on the back of the head if you relax.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

This may well be part of the new world order, countries will be as they used to self sufficient. The way we have spread our wings with places like China producing so much of what the world uses it was only a matter of time until it went pear shaped. Hopefully when all this settles down we will get our brains back in order and once again take control of our own destiny.

As an add on we have a thriving back packer industry in Australia, many holiday makers doing it on the cheap can get an extended holiday visa which also allows them so much work. Most of this work is done in the fruit picking seasons which in Queensland is almost year round as some summer fruits from other countries are grown in the North Queensland winter which is very warm. Without exception all the fruit pickers are back packers who live in hostels on the farms, the locals who are always complaining of no work will not pick fruit so the farmers have no choice of who they use. I can see shortly if we go as other countries have the backpackers will not be allowed in so then we will be in the same position, many millions if dollars worth of fruit rotting in the fields and orchards, whilst the local youth sit in the pubs getting drunk complaining of no work.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Havent been here for a week or so, topics discussed seem to have altered... hardly unsurprising!

Here in scandinavia we got hit pretty bad since people love to go down to the alps during the school winter break in february, so its all over the place now. Our authorities have basically the same strategy as the UK one so not overly prohibited yet, schools open and so. Basic strategy is to isolate all elderly. My old man, who lost his wife, my mother in december is feeling rather lonely.

Worst for me is that missus had chemotherapy and radiaton last year and that does not mix too well with this virus, so bot of us do work from home now. Got a daughter travelling the world, we´re trying to get her home.

Aint no joke, this.

• Like 3

All the best brother @Hankshank. The anxiety level surely is high given your situation. An elderly mother, a daughter afar. Hopefully, you'll be able to get her home soon. A time to have family close at hand. Attempting to persevere and protect as best we can during troublesome times.

• Like 3

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)