2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Clarification this morning on what was posted yesterday on golf course closures here. As reported by GAM on the major local newspaper's website. Apparently, there has been confusion on how to interpret the Governor's executive order banning gatherings of no more than 50 People (reduced from 250) and the closure of all bar, restaurant, and a number of other public facilities. And how the order was to be applied to golf courses. Mandatory or recommendation. As of the moment, the order applies to clubhouse capacity limits and bar/food service restrictions. Not to actual play. Leaving the decision to open or close at the discretion of the individual course. Needless to say, a very fluid situation.

The golf season really hasn't commenced here. A decent day a week ago. However, the forecast looking forward 10 days is not at all favorable. Mostly cold (well below 50*) and a fair amount of rain/snow. Only a handful of hearty players would be out if at all. Golf season doesn't really begin in earnest until mid-April typically. Would speculate that most courses are in a wait and see mode as events continue to develop. No point in opening, calling in a minimal staff, too open for a handful of players. Furthermore, surmise that any course that would open to be walking only. Cart sanitation capabilities being a primary concern. NTM, how to safely facilitate the transaction. Ample opportunity for courses to take a discretionary approach in the near term.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I can understand if the bars/restaurants at golf courses close, but I would think a golf course is a fairly safe place to be...as opposed to a lot of other places I can think of. The cart situation makes sense too. Not only the sanitation, but sitting so close to someone for an extended period of time...unless each person has there own cart, lol.

• Like 2

When MSU canceled classes a week or so back, many kids immediately headed to the local watering holes around campus. MSU located in the greater state capitol (Lansing) area. The Governor (an MSU grad) commented in passing that it pi**ed her off. The shutdown of the university was intended for dispersement. Not congregation. Perhaps extra motivation to eventually close all bars, etc. a few days latter.

• Like 3

Thoughts and prayers with you and the family Hank, take care.

I have within the past month started recovering from a immune system failure that unbeknown to me I had for around 12 months, DW has always had some type of heart problem so for the time being we are self isolating, it may seem a bit extreme but better safe than sorry. Son who is now working from home will be shopping once every two weeks wearing face mask and gloves. Our local store has now put its morning opening time back one hour and foreword two hours at night and employed extra staff to do a full,clean every day. Strange times.

• Like 3

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Brother @tolmij. Of course extended all the best to you and yours as well. Being smart about how we choose to interact with society is required in the here and now. Hunkering down, self-isolating is a prudent strategy to mitigate the risk of infection. The way I see it at this point in time, no action is too extreme to protect ourselves. As said before. One needs to be realistic, without being fearful.
Edit add: Just read the term "Shelter in Place." I like that better than self-isolation.

• Like 3

Other than making sure we are more than well stocked on the things we need; we are carrying on the same as we did before all this started.

If this is going to last until July or August we have a good ways to go. People will get restless long before then and begin to throw caution

to the wind. It's just human nature. We like to roam freely and do as we please. There are more dangerous risks we take just living our daily

lives. I give it maybe another month and people will start to say the he** with this and get on with living IMO.

• Like 2

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Won't have to worry about the youth sitting in the pubs in this jurisdiction as we have been put on lockdown as of 10 am this morning. No bars or restaurants allowed to be open other than for takeout. Give it another day or two and the only thing left open will be grocery stores and pharmacies.

Got a new notebook delivered this morning so I've got something to figure out for the next week or so. Unpacked it and then wiped down all surfaces with Lysol just to be cautious due to the ominous made in China label.

Don't know where this is headed. Who knows, maybe we'll dodge a bullet on this with all these extreme measures so early in the game. Cross your fingers and pray if that's you thing.

• Like 3

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

This was always my plan to try and keep life as normal as possible without congregating. I'm thankful that we went out to eat on Sunday because it will be a good long time before that opportunity rolls round again.

Our bikes are all warmed up ready to go so when it gets a bit warmer I'll be doing a fair bit of that to avoid going crazy. I think pretty much everything will be on hold at this point to see if they can stop the spread. Don't see much point in practicing golf unless I can find a range open, but I doubt that will be the case during the lockdown. Don't want to tear up the brand new sod hitting into a net I don't own. I guess we sold the farm a year early...

• Like 3

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

We are celebrating our 44th anniversary in Hawaii. We went to Kauai with friends for a week and now a few days in Maui by ourselves. We have joked about having to shelter in place over here but we are seriously ready to go home. Hope we get two clean and safe airplanes tomorrow and that no travel ban happens. All the best wishes for health to the Grillers. It should be safe enough to meet up here in our virtual space. I hear Gus and the girls are still serving up the eats but only for takeout. Get your order in while you can. Mahalo.

• Like 2

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Happy Anniversary! Hoping for safe covid free travel for you!

• Like 2

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

News this morning, Australia going into some sort on lockdown, not sure how tight it will be as the press as usual are ramping it up before the initial announcement has been made, we shall see.

it is the stupidity of a few and the relaxed attitude of some officials that will bring it all down. A British tourist tested positive, was put into lockdown, left lockdown and travelled to Hamilton Island a popular holiday destination. How they got out is a mystery and how they were allowed on the plane is another thing that requires investigating. Surely when an order is put in place all travel plans should be removed from the person.

New Zealand has the right idea, when a back packer decided the lockdown did not apply to her she was arrested and deported back to her own country within hours, that is how we should be doing it.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Well, our Prime Minister has just taken half hour to spout about the new order which has hardly changed, its all about look at me. The way he has acted throughout this will ensure it is his last time in office.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Actually I believe that out provincial Premier is doing a bang up job during this crisis. He has been at the front of all this and while he may have made a misstep or two along the way it's not like anyone else has done any better. He's been constantly in the crosshairs as a controversial figure who is currently taking teachers to task over their contract demands. The man has earned my vote in the next election! (He got it the last time too )

Conversely the PM finds himself in isolation as his wife tested positive (unfortunate, but it can happen) and has largely been invisible other than the scripted pressers he has given. The feds have really dropped the ball with screening at the border, especially our international airports where most of this was imported. About time that the deputy PM takes the reigns for real me thinks. She's the real deal!

• Like 3

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Some of our state leaders are doing a brilliant job but others are missing in action.

Son working from home is working well, he has done a two week shop this morning so he does not have to leave home for another two weeks. Not heard of any local positives as yet but only a matter of time. Feel sorry for the young lady across the road from us as she is a nurse in the local hospital, in times like this our medical personal are saints.

our prime minister is urging people to stay apart by six feet, he calls it social distancing, but at the same time indoor essential events can have 100 people and outdoor 500 people. How the heck do you social distance from that many people indoors at the same event. The other problem I have with him is he is taking the initiative by banning things but making it a week in the future, surely today would be better. All Australians have been told to not leave the country and those overseas have been given a time limit to return and then go into isolation. Strange times indeed.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Another interesting result of our present crisis, you cannot buy a freezer for love nor money. The web sites are crashing for the on line sales and shops are not taking any more orders as they do not know when they will be available for the foreseeable future.

Son had to go out this afternoon for some items he could not find earlier and there was absolutely no animal food, no meat no fresh vegetables, random shelves empty, as I said earlier no need to go shopping for another two weeks. Plenty of time to catch up on some gardening.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Happy Anniversary and safe travels, Mr. Scotee.

We were raised to respect older folks and the less fortunate. Raised the my girls the same way. My dad is the only grandparent they have left and they love him to pieces. It's quite ironic how the younger generation can have such an attitude and at the same time be thin skinned and offended by every little thing.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

Around here, it's about the same. Big rush on TP. Bars and restaurants closed. We have a handful of cases. Pretty sure it'll rise, maybe exponentially in the next week but living in the midwest I feel fairly safe.

We're working and washing hands. Running errands for dad so he can stay safe at home. No nonessential trips around the town.

I'm still doing rounds of chemo to stay undetectable. I've been stable for months with intermittent rounds around my surgeries. I'm thinking of suspending them for a month or so again to stay away from the hospital. When you're numbers are normal the crap feels like poison anyway. I feel good. Immune system is good. Energy and strength is coming back. Back to work. Feeling normal again. I have no pain in my new hip and even starting to walk with a little swagger again. Lol. Hush, Radro! Lol

• Like 3

Good news all round for you Michael, good to see you are properly on the mend. Even though we can get round well at 78 & 75 we think we are at greater risk so our son is currently doing all our running around for us, with him working from home his day is flexible, no set times for work as he is programming independent from the business. You father is lucky as we are, having a family member to help.

The silly stuff has started in Brisbane, an Italian restaurant was broken into last night and the larder was empties of cheese flour salt sugar and all the other food staples they had in stock, I think there may be plenty of work for security personnel very shortly.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I went yesterday afternoon. It was busy, but not crazy like ;last week when you would be lined up for ages to check out.

Lots of produce, meat and dairy. The bakery was well stocked. Most non-perishables were back in good supply, but paper products are still nowhere to be found.

• Like 3

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Good thing, I have loads of old tournaments stored on my TiVo box including Big noon at Troon last 2 days, Tiger@east lake and Tiger@AN. Was thinking, why to I save all these old tournaments? Now they´re coming in really handy. And all the last days of Masters are available on YT. Guess the networks will be jammed with people streaming stuff all over the place.

• Like 2

Our local ALDI was full to bursting, the good part was everyone was polite, we have a different class of people who shop there and the manager does not ever stand any rubbish from customers, if they don’t like his rules they are told to shop elsewhere. The shelves were almost empty after one hour but he has his staff even under normal circumstances stocking the shelves all day as required. Go to any other supermarket in the district and if you have one item or just a few and are behind a full cart in the checkout you will always have to wait, in our local ALDI you will always be called through to the front, polite staff polite customers makes spending your money a pleasant chore.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Now all you have to do is set up a chipping mat in front of the TV, then you can take advantage of all the playing tips the commentators will give you.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Latest update from our postal service. Two things can happen up to today, a parcel can be delivered without a signature or some sellers demand a signature. Latest rules via email. Do not approach the driver, the driver will sign on your behalf any delivery requiring a signature and place the parcel in a sheltered place.

So we can open the door, watch him/her sign and step right back whilst the parcel is delivered close to the door. This could be open season if you are not in because the email did not cover that, I can guarantee there will be idiots patrolling the streets looking for parcels that cannot be hidden, you cannot see anything from the street at out house but there are many that you can.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)