Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Absolutely no idea what went wrong with my last post, could not find a way to edit.

Edit, fixed it but I have no idea how it worked.

Edited by tolmij

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

1 hour ago, tolmij said:

Absolutely no idea what went wrong with my last post, could not find a way to edit.

No need to edit.  I knew it was you!  ?

• Like 4

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

6 hours ago, Hankshank said:

Replying have been made more tricky with the update. I just wanna hit the quote button and start writing. But my text ended up inside the post I wanted to reply to. Dont know why.

Just hit tab or left click outside the dialogue box and your text will be outside of the quoted dialogue.

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

2 hours ago, scomac2002 said:

Just hit tab or left click outside the dialogue box and your text will be outside of the quoted dialogue.

Well did neither and worked. Guess bugs come and go till everything is sorted out. 

• Like 4

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Share Your Personal Course Pictures I have been following extensively and just found out all my likes for pics posted are gone. For like, no pun intended, 71 pages if my spectacles were correct. That's a lot of likes. Pour me another and a tall Vodka, make that two whatever your griller name is that I just forgot honey. 

• Like 4

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

7 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Share Your Personal Course Pictures I have been following extensively and just found out all my likes for pics posted are gone. For like, no pun intended, 71 pages if my spectacles were correct. That's a lot of likes. Pour me another and a tall Vodka, make that two whatever your griller name is that I just forgot honey. 

Cyndie, Tammey and the boss Gus.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Gee whiz @tolmij; I thought being on the first tee at 6:45 and heading out before the clubhouse opened was early.  I remember playing a few years back, well maybe quite a few years back, at a local goat track with a buddy and his BIL and we would show up before they opened and tee off early.  We'd stop at the turn and pay for the round with the object of being first off the tee and finishing in a bit over 3 hours walking.  They didn't seem to mind and even offered us a deal.  We played there a couple of years every Monday morning from May until September when the bowling season started.

Don't know if that course is still up and running.  I know that the owner ran into some health issues and they ran it in family with limited staff.  May have reverted to a goat pasture by now.

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

10 hours ago, Conrad1953 said:

Our A/C quit on us Tuesday afternoon. Tech came out Wednesday and found blower motor was toast. They had to order a

new one so we had to wait a few days. He came out and put in the new motor this morning. What a relief! We were moving

fans around and opening and closing windows to try to keep the house as cool as we could.

The first night (Tuesday night) we kept everything closed up and the house stayed at 78 degrees. Our house is well insulated

but it's still hard to keep it cool when the daytime outdoor temps get into the 90s F. Also, the A/C dehumidifies the air so without

it running it also started getting humid inside the house and with the sun beating down on us it got as high as 87 degrees and

pretty humid inside......effingham miserable to put it bluntly. 

Later in the afternoon when the outdoor temp dropped below the indoor temp we opened windows and put fans at the windows

to blow the cooler air inside. That doesn't work as well as one would think. The night time lows were 74-76 degrees but we could

not get the inside temp below 80 degrees. The only way we could sleep was to have the fans blowing gale force winds right on

us, lol. 

A first world problem I know......and sorry for posting tldr level detail..............but it really really sucks to be without A/C in this

climate this time of year. The only things to give us a little relief were the few passing thunderstorms from the way outer bands

of Laura....and speaking of Laura..........I probably should not complain seeing the devastation in Louisiana from this Cat 4

hurricane................but complain I just did.........anyway......I cannot fathom how people lived in the south before the days

of A/C.

So....................at the moment I'm sitting here (in the cool A/C) watching the BMW on TV and thinking DJ shot 30 under last week

and no one will get within 25 shots of that this week the way things are looking. Olympia Fields is one tough golf course!

Sometimes in the Summer we have temps in the 100s just after a tropical storm so the humidity can be as high as 99%, its like walking through a rain cloud. ?

• Like 4

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

On 8/29/2020 at 1:44 AM, scomac2002 said:

1252157811_Pineland20Team.jpg.f90fd6001b6243358767dc60d8aa119a.jpg

Pretty grainy as this came from social media, nevertheless, this is the "team" shot from our staff tournament and barbeque.  Doesn't give you any idea of the course, but this is the crew that keeps things working.  I'm third from right standing.

we would not have that many staff even with the restaurant, looks a very.happy group of people. Some fella is trying to hide in the background, dont know who it could be ?

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

4 hours ago, tolmij said:

we would not have that many staff even with the restaurant, looks a very.happy group of people. Some fella is trying to hide in the background, dont know who it could be ?

The photo includes the owner, the superintendent, the greenskeeper, the clubhouse manager, 6 clubhouse staff, 6 play coordinators and 3 turf staff.  Only 3 positions are fulltime.  The par-timers go from limited hours, perhaps one shift a week to fulltime hours depending upon availability and desire.  The play coordinators work one day a week and a second day on rotation to cover Sundays and vacations.  Weekdays there can be up to 7 staff on hand.  Weekends runs with 3.

WE do have a cafe, but food offerings are limited to premade sandwiches and hotdogs this season due to COVID.

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

8 hours ago, scomac2002 said:

The photo includes the owner, the superintendent, the greenskeeper, the clubhouse manager, 6 clubhouse staff, 6 play coordinators and 3 turf staff.  Only 3 positions are fulltime.  The par-timers go from limited hours, perhaps one shift a week to fulltime hours depending upon availability and desire.  The play coordinators work one day a week and a second day on rotation to cover Sundays and vacations.  Weekdays there can be up to 7 staff on hand.  Weekends runs with 3.

WE do have a cafe, but food offerings are limited to premade sandwiches and hotdogs this season due to COVID.

no idea what my local club is doing this year, they used to run a full time restaurant as well as doing weddings, I suppose the restrictions have cut much of that out for a while.

Edit.

read the club newsletter and the bar is now open, two per cart again, some restrictions but life is almost back to normal. The club is the only Queensland club that has been open all through the past six months. Don't know if this will continue as some stupid young positive people broke quarantine and have started a new break out of the virus.

Edited by tolmij
  • Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

+1 to above.  Glad you are still with us Reasy! ?‍♂️

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Scotch thistles must be the worst weed to allow to grow in the garden, when they flower the produce thousands of seeds all on nice little parachutes.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

On 8/30/2020 at 1:37 PM, Reasonability said:

Friends,

In due time, my frequent absences from you will be explained.  And when that day comes, it will likely be more cathartic for me than of any true concern to you good souls.

We all face challenges on the journey.  Some burdens are a little heavy.  Some take longer to shed.  Sometimes concurrent challenges face us when one all by itself would be enough to say Grace over.  This has been the case for old Reason for a while now.  

That said -

All things in life, both good and not so good present an opportunity to grow our coping skills.  We "can" if we dig deep enough, find ways to lift the spirit of others facing far tougher times than ourselves.  It can leave you a little one-track minded.  Less capable of relating well to the world outside of the storm.  

I choose to not play in the Grille sandbox because I've been consumed with a couple of issues, either one of which, seem to gobble up my time and thoughts so much, I'd have little else to talk about.

My apologies for going underground on you guys.  Wouldn't blame you one bit for having zero confidence in my friendship going forward. In the fullness of time, the dust will settle enough to once again play ball here in a fashion worthy of your attention.   

Until then, keep my seat available and warm.  I miss the lost art found here....fellowship.  

Your seat will always be warm and available here. We'll see you when you're ready ole buddy.

• Like 3

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

On 8/30/2020 at 2:37 PM, Reasonability said:

Friends,

In due time, my frequent absences from you will be explained.  And when that day comes, it will likely be more cathartic for me than of any true concern to you good souls.

We all face challenges on the journey.  Some burdens are a little heavy.  Some take longer to shed.  Sometimes concurrent challenges face us when one all by itself would be enough to say Grace over.  This has been the case for old Reason for a while now.  

That said -

All things in life, both good and not so good present an opportunity to grow our coping skills.  We "can" if we dig deep enough, find ways to lift the spirit of others facing far tougher times than ourselves.  It can leave you a little one-track minded.  Less capable of relating well to the world outside of the storm.  

I choose to not play in the Grille sandbox because I've been consumed with a couple of issues, either one of which, seem to gobble up my time and thoughts so much, I'd have little else to talk about.

My apologies for going underground on you guys.  Wouldn't blame you one bit for having zero confidence in my friendship going forward. In the fullness of time, the dust will settle enough to once again play ball here in a fashion worthy of your attention.   

Until then, keep my seat available and warm.  I miss the lost art found here....fellowship.  

you take care , my friend.

• Like 3

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)