Nike claytons and tw masters $30

fore_life

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha i am not trying to side with the seller and for the record i dont know the guy. But blatantly is just very harsh comment. Just like i post on his bst 60 still not bad. If you include tax, paypal fees ,shipping. It will be probably over 50 defend from where you at. The cost of the shoes is 34.99 at ross not including tax.

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

Yeah if you wanted to help some people out get paid back and have them ship. But buying a handful of random sizes and selling for profit is pretty tacky to me.

The Brown ones were the only ones that were 34 at mine, the others were 29 bucks.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

Cool my fault, we all have different thinking i guess. But just to back it up the price i posted, posting the one i bought so no one call me liar for posting the 34.99 price :)

I think the seller also said here, that his going to get all the shoes and pm him if someone interested.

TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

All at $34.99 at my Ross. I don't plan on flipping these, but $60 is reasonable to me. I think it is tacky to ask someone to take the time, effort and risk to buy and ship the shoes to you and not offer to compensate them for their trouble (in addition to reimbursing the cost). If someone wants to do that and not be compensated, I think that is great - good on them

At $60, that guy might make $5-10 per pair. Besides, we all know there will be negotiation down from $60.

With the above being said, if I come across any additional shoes at other Ross locations, I'll post here and let everyone know.

Taylormade M2
Ping Rapture 3 Wood 13.5*
Callaway XR Pro Hybrid 16*
Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 3 iron
Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-PW
Scratch 8620 Wedges 50* & 58*
Bettinardi Inovai

Yeah if you wanted to help some people out get paid back and have them ship. But buying a handful of random sizes and selling for profit is pretty tacky to me.

The Brown ones were the only ones that were 34 at mine, the others were 29 bucks.

I just sent someone a pair of the blue/ grey waverlys and the total cost is $48 PayPal and shipping included. My opinion is when everyone on the site knows where they are coming from and cost trying to up sell for $5-$10 is tacky. People can do whatever they want with their money/ products just not something I would personally do.

I just sent someone a pair of the blue/ grey waverlys and the total cost is $48 PayPal and shipping included. My opinion is when everyone on the site knows where they are coming from and cost trying to up sell for $5-$10 is tacky. People can do whatever they want with their money/ products just not something I would personally do.

Good deal man!

And That's the same line of thinking I have too. For 5-10 bucks it's just petty and tacky. But hey, feel free.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Why are people faulting someone for selling these shoes for $60?

They cost him $35, plus tax. And they have to pay for shipping. What are they making? $5-$10/pair, max.

So, by paying an extra $5-$10 dollars, you:

1. Don't have to make a trip to Ross to hunt through the shoes.

2. Are guaranteed to get the size/color you expect, instead of possibly going to multiple stores to find them (if you find them).

3. Get to just send a paypal payment from your couch and wait for them to be delivered to your doorstep.

Sounds like a bargain to me.

It seems like there are a lot of people on this forum that don't place any value on their time.

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

They cost him $35, plus tax. And they have to pay for shipping. What are they making? $5-$10/pair, max.

2. Are guaranteed to get the size/color you expect, instead of possibly going to multiple stores to find them (if you find them).

3. Get to just send a paypal payment from your couch and wait for them to be delivered to your doorstep.

It seems like there are a lot of people on this forum that don't place any value on their time.

Yes sir, You are correct i went to 3 different store before i found the shoe and correct size. The store also 5-10 miles apart, and the bad part was waiting on the line. Oh my lord, i told myself I will never shop at Ross again. Waited a long time for a pair of 34.99 shoe. The time i waited was longer than driving to multiple stores. The hassle is not worth it, lesson learn i just go here next time at BST. lol

TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x

Im not faulting the guy for selling them for whatever he determined was reasonable, I just thought the act of going and buying a variety of sizes just to flip was tacky. Also I would probably think its less tacky if he tried selling them for 100 bucks vs 60 to make 5-10 bucks a pair. At that point, may as well just pass along the deal at cost for somebody who doesn't have the ability to drive down the street to a Ross. I was going there anyway for myself and got a pair for me, and if I picked up any for somebody else who asked I would have just had them pay so I wasn't out of pocket anything. If they felt like tossing a few bucks for the time, thats cool but I wouldn't sprint to sell them on the bst.

But its a free country and he can do whatever he pleases, and I hope he sells them. I just feel its tacky and whack lol.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Im not faulting the guy for selling them for whatever he determined was reasonable, I just thought the act of going and buying a variety of sizes just to flip was tacky. Also I would probably think its less tacky if he tried selling them for 100 bucks vs 60 to make 5-10 bucks a pair. At that point, may as well just pass along the deal at cost for somebody who doesn't have the ability to drive down the street to a Ross. I was going there anyway for myself and got a pair for me, and if I picked up any for somebody else who asked I would have just had them pay so I wasn't out of pocket anything. If they felt like tossing a few bucks for the time, thats cool but I wouldn't sprint to sell them on the bst.

But its a free country and he can do whatever he pleases, and I hope he sells them. I just feel its tacky and whack lol.

This is my exact thoughts I went to the store looking for some tw's for myself and came away with a few extra pairs. I already sold one for my cost to someone who posted here that they were looking for the specific pair I bought and will list the others for my cost. As mentioned above a person can do whatever they want on the bst but I'm not going to try to justify a $5 up charge by compensating for my time.

To the guys credit he did say they were from Ross.

This is my exact thoughts I went to the store looking for some tw's for myself and came away with a few extra pairs. I already sold one for my cost to someone who posted here that they were looking for the specific pair I bought and will list the others for my cost. As mentioned above a person can do whatever they want on the bst but I'm not going to try to justify a $5 up charge by compensating for my time.

I bought the pair he is speaking of. He sent a couple pics to me just to make sure I liked them. I am very appreciative to him for doing this for me.

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSI2 13.5* 

Titleist TSI2 16.5*
Titleist T150 4-PW Modus 105x

SM7 50*, SM8 55*, PXG 60*
PXG Spitfire

So, by charging $5-$10, the seller is "tacky," but if he charged $40-$45 more, that would be just fine?

I truly do not understand you people.

If they are selling 3-4 pairs, as stated, they will probably end up getting enough cash out of the whole deal to cover the cost of the pair of shoes they kept. Seems more than reasonable to me.

TaylorMade Driver
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

It's because it's kind of slimy to try and make money on shoes in a situation like this. It doesn't matter how much money. Most people saw the sale, came on this post and said, "Anyone else want some? I saw some other sizes. If you pay the shipping too, I'll get them for you".

This dude buys them up, puts them on the BST with no explanation at all with a FIRM price of $60 with the only goal of making money on the shoes. It may only be $10 per shoe, but he was selling 4 or 5 of them so then he makes 50 bucks (if the post hadn't been taken down which it looked like it had). To some people that's a decent enough amount to try and pull something like this.

I went to my Ross to see if I could find some. If I found some, I would have texted my friends and bought them some, or gotten on this post and offered them up for others.

Some people are just always looking to make a buck on anything. They don't see anything wrong with that, and there are others don't see anything wrong with that. And then there are people that see that and think it's kind of gross and unethical to do it. There will always be a debate on this type of issue because of that.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

So, by charging $5-$10, the seller is "tacky," but if he charged $40-$45 more, that would be just fine?

If they are selling 3-4 pairs, as stated, they will probably end up getting enough cash out of the whole deal to cover the cost of the pair of shoes they kept. Seems more than reasonable to me.

Yeah, I'd be more ok and understanding if he was making a solid amount versus 5 bucks. At 5 bucks I'd personally rather pass along the good deal to somebody who wasn't able to take advantage and paid cost and shipping. Also the fact of just snagging a random assortment of sizes strictly for flipping is kinda weak.

But personally if somebody was selling and getting 100 for them and 70 bucks profit, while it would still be taking advantage of the situation.....I think most people would understand and not pass up 70 bucks.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

All the holier than thou people on this site are ridiculous. I honestly pity you guys. How crappy are your lives that you let someone making $10 on the bst get to you? Why do you care? And even more so, why do you feel the need to voice your opinion?

I bet you guys posted all about gorillas and small children the last couple weeks on social media. Get a life......

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

Yeah, I'd be more ok and understanding if he was making a solid amount versus 5 bucks. At 5 bucks I'd personally rather pass along the good deal to somebody who wasn't able to take advantage and paid cost and shipping. Also the fact of just snagging a random assortment of sizes strictly for flipping is kinda weak.

But personally if somebody was selling and getting 100 for them and 70 bucks profit, while it would still be taking advantage of the situation.....I think most people would understand and not pass up 70 bucks.

Seller buys 4 pairs of shoes to sell. Got them for a good price, doesn't buy/sell for a living and isn't greedy; so prices them to make an extra $40... enough to cover a pair of their own, or pay for their next round of golf.

WRX'er: "How dare that person try to make money on us! It's so tacky not to pass on the exact same deal they got to us, as a public service. I can't believe they are trying to take advantage of us like this."

Seller buys 4 pairs of shoes to sell. Got them for a good price, and sees an opportunity to sell for a lot more than they bought them for. After all, there are at least a few Nike-loving golfers on the forum they could take advantage of, if they put it out there. Prices them to make an extra $280, if they sell at their asking price.

WRX'er: "Well, I know they bought these shoes for less than half of what they are asking. However, they did put their time and effort into acquiring them, and it's an opportunity to make a decent amount of money. After all, they own the shoes, so they can sell them for whatever they want. Even though, they may be taking advantage a bit, it makes sense if someone is willing to pay what they are asking."

Fact of the matter is that you are faulting a seller for charging to little for the items they are trying to sell.

It's a person who just wants to make an extra $40, for goodness sake. If you want to point the finger, point it at Ross. Based on your logic, maybe they should've charged more than $30-$35 in the first place.

gj6xb.jpg

TaylorMade Driver
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)

All the holier than thou people on this site are ridiculous. I honestly pity you guys. How crappy are your lives that you let someone making $10 on the bst get to you? Why do you care? And even more so, why do you feel the need to voice your opinion?

I bet you guys posted all about gorillas and small children the last couple weeks on social media. Get a life......

Says the guy who comes in just to post his opinion on others opinions and say he has pity for those who don't share his mindset.....Lol. not sure it was possible to have as much irony or hypocrisy in one post as yours.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB