TaylorMade Shaft Adapter Compatibility

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same.

The adapter is the same - or compatible. It will fit no problem.

Well, it isn't a completely fool proof way to put it so a tad incomplete. But considering the more complete answer is already in this thread in quite a bit of detail, I saw no need to add any more r

• 3 months later...

BUMP

I have some problem finding the correct adapter for my RBZ head, It's a Tour issue head.

I have tried several adapters, but all of them seems to be too wide. Attaching images of the current adapter (should this be the correct one?), the head with the adapter in. Would be so thankful if someone could post a link to eBay for one adapter that should be compatible with the head.

6vcz1c67wq55.jpg

ootuexmsd6mg.jpg

h2k5cxxdd87a.jpg

> @lnus1 said:

> BUMP

> I have some problem finding the correct adapter for my RBZ head, It's a Tour issue head.

> I have tried several adapters, but all of them seems to be too wide. Attaching images of the current adapter (should this be the correct one?), the head with the adapter in. Would be so thankful if someone could post a link to eBay for one adapter that should be compatible with the head.

You need one of these two.

https://www.golfworks.com/taylormade-rbz-shaft-adaptor-sleeve/p/tm0017/

https://www.golfworks.com/taylormade-r11-s-r11-and-r9-shaft-adaptor-sleeve/p/tm0016/

And it's not that they are too wide, the number of teeth on the cog at the very tip is not correct.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys so it looks like the consensus is the R1 adapter (TM0019) can be used on the M4 but according to Golfworks you cannot use the TM0019 on the M4.

I compared the M4 adapter (TM0023) to the R1 adapter and they look nearly identical. The R1 shaft screws onto the M4 head and it clicks.

Can someone who actually used the R1 adapter on the m3/m4/m5/m6 confirm that this is okay?

Golfworks (or whomever answered the question) is wrong. You can use it and it will work with no real problems. The only issue is that the loft labels on the R1 adapter will not be correct, which could cause confusion. Those labels assume you have a 10* head (the only loft the R1 was made with). You have to do your own math to figure out what the adjustment positions actually do for your particular head.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
57 minutes ago, StanfordZach98 said:

I have a TaylorMade M6 driver. I was looking to buy a shaft with a adaptor that is compatible with the R9 and R11 driver. If I purchased this would it fit my M6 driver?

No.   To be compatible with the M series it would have to be for a R1, RBZ stage 2 or later model.      R9's, r11, r11s, and RBZ used the first gen adapter design.