Did the tungsten weight fall out of your g400 lst? I've heard about that being an issue. Ever get it resolved?

Taylormade Sim 9.0° Diamana ZF 60 stiff

Taylormade Sim Ti 15° Diamana ZF 70 stiff

Cobra F7 4-5 Ti 18.5° Diamana Kai'li 80 stiff

Ping G25 Hybrid 23° Kbs C-Taper Lite stiff 

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0

Cobra MiM Black 50°v, 56°v, 60°w Kbs Hi-REV 2.0 125 stiff 

Maltby Ptm-1

Srixon Z-Star 

Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Bagboy Nitron 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the tungsten weight fall out of your g400 lst? I've heard about that being an issue. Ever get it resolved?

What did you do to compensate for the tungsten falling off your driver? Add a bunch of Hot melt? I dont see any lead tape.

Yeah It did fall out....twice actually.

I called ping and they sent me an overnight label, i shipped on Monday. They got it Tuesday, repaired it, and overnighted it back same day. Had it back in the bag Wednesday.

I honestly didn't even notice it was missing right away. Wasnt playing a ton at the time. Fixed in the fall. First time swinging this spring, fell out again.

Good to see you back around man....

Thanks bud. Really had a tough spring with classes. Engineering is extremely time consuming class schedule. I felt like I was doing so much homework and studying, I was missing so much QT with the kiddos so I really just had to reprioritze what is important. I didn't even play until finals were over. It was painful but the spring was pretty cold and rainy here so made it easier.

Hope all is well with you

• 1 month later...

I know my posting as of late has been sporadic at best. Between work, 3 kids and school, when I get free time, I am practicing and playing as much as I can.

I have made a number of changes. Swing changes are starting to really come together. Then clubs that were working before were not a good fit anymore so I have been exploring and testing a few things.

The bag now looks like this:

Taylormade M3 440 10* (turned down to -2* setting) VA Composites Drago 75x Tipped 1/2" playing 45"

Taylormade M2 HL VA Composites Drago 85x Tipped 1.25" playing 43"

Mizuno MP H4 2 iron VA Composites Raijin 84x Tipped 1" or Titleist 909H 21* Speeder 904HB X

Bridgestone J15CB Modus 130x +1"

J15 50, 54, 58 Modus 130s (All at PW Length, Bent 2*-3* flat)

Spider Tour Red 34" w/ Garsen GPro Grip

Really happy from top to bottom of the bag. I have a few changes that I can foresee happening, but I may end up doing another fitting just to test my theory

The G400 was probably the longest driver for me, but for some reason the M3 440 just works for control. It just seems easier for me to square the face and make middle contact. Sure the G400 is probably more forgiving across the face, but I have a much easier time hitting the middle with the 440 so it's staying.

I am trying to dial in the settings on the 440. It was at C9 with this setup, so I ended up with a 3rd weight and it was perfect for me today.

The biggest change in my game is probably my putting. I just knew nothing I was doing was working so figured I should finally try the Spider. I went into a shop and rolled a ton of them. All lengths, the new the old, the mini the arc (and basically everything else that they had to offer). I kind of fell in love with the Red, so I found one on the BST and it had a Garsen GPro. Never really considered trying it, but kind of a right place, right time and it's been working beautifully.

Picked up a new Seamus headcover set, and a Rose and Fire replacement for the Spider.

I may end up snagging a lower lofted 9* 440. Love the 10*, but I want it set it around 8* without being quite as open. Will see what happens in the coming months.

Had a little testing session last night. Actually quite surprised with how the first round went. Weight was a little off for a direct comparison, so I spent a little time last night playing with all the different weights I have and got the 460 and 440 equal weight to try to get a better Idea.

Took all 3 shafts and both heads. I may end up moving the Raijin Black Proto. I messed up by even thinking about a 65 gram shaft.

Specs (found that both heads work best for me when down at -2*):

M3 440 10* with 2 Degree adapter turned all down to -2*

M3 460 9.5* with 2 Degree adapter turned all down to -2*

VA Composites Raijin Black 65x tipped 1" playing 45"

VA Composites Drago 75x Tipped 1/2" playing 45"

Fuji Atmos 7TX Tipped 1/2" playing 45"

Both shafts definitely work for me. It's funny that as I keep lowering my loft, the higher I am launching the ball. I think It may have to do with more loft and I am hitting lower on the face more often, thus launching lower and spinning more. As I keep dropping loft, I am actually hitting it higher with lower spin. Strange game.

I actually liked the 460 more than I thought I would. Not sure if it can edge out the 440 yet, but will test more on course in the next couple days and figure out what is what. Then I may try to find a 9* 440 or 8.5* 460 potentially an 8.5 M4 for head to head. I do know that the twist face really works for me. I have hit a few that I knew it was a big slinger hook or slice only to look up and be shocked that the ball is still online, mabe first cut.

As for the shafts, The Atmos really surprised me right out of the gate. I have a soft spot for them as every time I have gamed a Fuji, it's performed great. I still have the 904HB in my hybrid, and I think I have been forever trying to find a club that was as good of a fairway wood as the 2016 M2 HL with the 757 Evo 2 TS. I pulled that shaft looking for something new and shiny, and really nothing has come close to the performance of that club. Still mad at myself for that one. Maybe I'll track down a 2016 deep face Fairway and an Atmos Black 8TX or another 757x and see if the Fuji can bring it back to life for me.

I tried all 3 shafts in both club heads hitting balls for close to 2 hours last night. Raijin Black was immediately just too light for my liking. Spin is phenomenal, but I just lose myself with that weight class and am not able to make consistent center contact. I keep trying but just can't do it. First shot with the M3 460 and the Atmos shot off the face like a cannon. Don't know that I hit another shot like that the rest of the night with any combo. My swing is getting pretty consistent since the changes and I was hitting really well last night with everything. Just watching my landing spots down range, I don't know what is what Yet. All good all the way around.

Can't wait to get on course with these beasts head to head and see which head and which shaft performs the best.

More results to come.

The dual core 80TX didn’t work out for you roadking?

I probably should have kept it and just cut it down for the m2, but I had it in the rapture and it just didnt cut it for consistency.

It was stupid long when I was hitting well, but I went to a coach and fixed my driver swing so the mini driver wasnt something I felt I needed anymore. But I keep searching for a fairway set up I love. I like the 2017 m2 tour, but I may end up going back to the 2016

The dual core 80TX didn’t work out for you roadking?

I probably should have kept it and just cut it down for the m2, but I had it in the rapture and it just didnt cut it for consistency.

It was stupid long when I was hitting well, but I went to a coach and fixed my driver swing so the mini driver wasnt something I felt I needed anymore. But I keep searching for a fairway set up I love. I like the 2017 m2 tour, but I may end up going back to the 2016

I went to a m2df and really liked it but switched back to my tour issues 16 m1 and now I have to find the right shaft. I got the dual core 70TX in my m4 driver and a p95x in my 5 wood but haven’t found that holy grail 3 wood shaft just yet

• 1 month later...

Well, I figured I would go into the offseason with a bag I was happy with. Made some swing changes and have been working with a coach, and have finally started to get back to something that resembles golf. I am hitting my driver well, and actually launching the ball higher these days. Some of the things that worked for me, are now crazy spin because of the loft. So I am going from 10* plus on driver with aggressive tipping, to a lower lofted head with a shaft that reacts more. Forces me to swing smooth and not feel like I have to work so hard to swing 'at' the ball. Results have been night and day. Long and straight.

Still a work in progress as old habits die hard, but no longer am I feeling like a make a great swing with great contact and look up and shocked to see my ball 30 yards offline. If I make a good move, and contact is good, the ball is going where I expect. All thanks to a setup change.

So here is how the new test rack looks....I think I have a winner, but still a couple more things to try to fine tune and then decide what stays and what goes.

Testing was able to finally continue today after Monsoon-like conditions over the weekend. Had a few shafts in the Bag with G400 and Rogue SZ out with the Oban White 75 05. With all the rain, I was the only person on the course today so I took the shag bag and hit 15-20 tee shots on every tee box swapping shafts and trying to get a feel for all the different setups.

I will say, the Rogue SZ is ridiculously long. Almost laughable at times. But my misses with that thing are on another planet. The swing is really shaping up with the changes and I am able to play actual golf and find the fairway. Confidence is returning. As long as I do my part, the Ball is doing exactly what I want which I haven't seen in about 15 years.

G400 LST is in the Bag and it's staying for a while. Beat the M3 440, Rogue and Rogue SZ without much effort. I am in the process of moving my shafts over to Ping adapters again.

Currently Testing:

Accra Tour Z RPG 362 M5

Kuro Kage XD 60TX

Aldila Rogue 125 70TX

Oban White 75 05 (need to get another adapter for this guy)

I really like the Accra a lot. For me, if I don't commit to the swing and get lazy, huge push/block/slice. I really don't want that to be an option, so I am leaning towards the XD or the Rogue.

The Kuro Kage XD handles anything I throw it's direction and has me just hitting this nice high, flat draw (very uncommon as I try to fade bc of the fear of left after 2 years of Duck hook misses, I abandoned the draw). This shaft feels awesome and gives me great flight. Lost a couple right and left.

The Rogue, well I played the Rogue for 2 years in my G30 and I remembered why as soon as I put it in the G400LST. Probably the most stable, and pretty much doesn't do anything but fly straight. Not the newest, not the best feeling, but really has the ability to find the fairway. The Rogue is a really good fit for my swing. It's not new and shiny, probably 5 or so yards behind the XD in terms of Carry (every ball plugged today), but when I hammered both on the screws, distance was almost identical.

The problems I have deciding at this point is, Rogue doesn't go left at all. It's straight or a tiny cut. The XD feels, looks and has more potential to be a winner, but I hit a draw with this naturally without changing anything. So I just worry about the dreaded snap hook when I don't do something. My course sets up for someone who draws the ball so I will need to be on course more with both setups.

It's just so pretty.......how can I game a Rogue Silver when I could play this........ :slow_en:

• 1 month later...

1st Post updated:

G400 LST 8.5 Kuro Kage XD 70TX

Tour Issue Taylormade M2 HL Kuro Kage XM 80TX (Trusty M2 Fwy and I aren't getting along so Testing G400 Stretch and 14.5 w/ Accra RPG 382 M5 and Tensei Pro Blue 80TX)

Mizuno MP H4 2 iron Accra 100i M5 +1" or Titleist 909H 21* Speeder 904HB X

Bridgestone J15CB Raw Accra 100i M5 +1"

Bridgestone J15 50, 54, 58 Accra 110i M5 +1"

Spider Tour Red 34" w/ Garsen GPro Grip

Trusty M2 Fwy and I aren't getting along so Testing G400 Stretch and 14.5 w/ Accra RPG 382 M5 and Tensei Pro Blue 80TX and have a TEE CBX 13.5 on the way to throw in the mix.

As for Driver, the Kuro Kage XD 60TX has been so good with the G400 LST, but I am much more comfortable in a 70TX. The 60TX is untipped @45", but really felt like the way I have improved my launch, I want to try to get the spin down a hair. I ended up picking up a 70TX and tipped it 1/2" to start and left it an inch long to test.

Finally Got out on course to test a bit today. It's like my improvements with driver have sacraficed my ability to hit fairway wood. last year I couldn't get a 16.5* fairway off the ground. This year, I have the Stretch set at the Big - and cannot keep the spin down enough. No issues launching anything from anywhere. Fickle game. More 3 wood testing upcoming.

I like your style !

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Well it's 45* here. Been pouring all day. But when grandma has the kids and my schedule is what it is, I take every opportunity I can get.

Trying to figure out my 3 wood position, so have a few options trying to sort it out.

Go to the course to a "Course CLOSED" sign. I text our Pro and ask if I can still go out and walk. They Aerated yesterday, and he said the course is a muddy mess but feel free to go out.

Now I played my first ball for score, and played LCP in the fairways but I was testing fairways so after I hit driver, I hit 2/3 shots with each fairway wood in order to get a true idea of actual carry as everything was plugging.

G400 LST with the KK XD 60TX was so good, but got a 70TX and tipped it 1". Absolute CANNON for me. I haven't ever driven the ball as well as I am right now.

Fairways under Review:

G400 Stretch and 14.5 with Accra RPG 382 Tipped 1" at 43" and Tensei Blue 80TX Tipped 1" at 43.5".

TEE CBX 13.5 Hzrdus Black 75 6.5

TI 2016 M2 3HL Kuro Kage XM 80TX

Quickly the M2 and the 14.5 Ping heads are out. Just too high spin for what I am looking for out of this club. Accra is also out because of this. By the 3rd hole I am down just hitting my normal tee shot, then 2 balls each with the G400 Stretch w/ Tensei Pro BLue and the CBX 13.5 w/ Hzrdus.

These two clubs are neck and neck currently with more to come.

Out of all the balls I hit today off the tee, I probably missed 3-4 fairways combined. Distance with the 3 wood was back up.

Playing my first ball for score, I birdied 7, 8 and lipped out a 7 footer on 9 (that kicked right of one of the punch marks) for my Turkey. Shot my best 9 of the year at 33 (-3) on punched greens in 45* Pouring Rain.

If you haven't tried the CBX fairway, you should do yourself a favor. The ball seems to 'Pop' off the face and seems to take off like a rocket. Cannot wait to test this club more agains the Stretch and a few other things that are inbound.

First Post updated with full pics of the bag as it stands. Few more rounds and I will have a 3 wood permanently placed in the bag. I am kind of split 50/50 on which of these two is better for me because they are both honestly that good. Ping spins a touch more than I would like, but it's so much easier to test shafts in an adjustable head.

May have to get another CBX 13.5 Head so I can test. I learned my lesson a couple years ago about pulling a shaft from a club (especially a 3 wood) that is working well for the sake of trying to improve upon that awesomeness.

Another good round today of great driving, especially when 45* and the course is waterlogged.

Soo.

Drago vs Atmos?!?

... Specifically in the 80g category. Please!

I haven't hit the atmos in the 80g, but for me, I would say Atmos based on how the 70's played.

I would prefer the atmos and tip it until I found it spun in the range. The drago in the 85g was not a good fit for me. I would prefer the raijin 74 five in a fairway over the drago. It's actually an 81g shaft. I would say it would need to be tipped 2" but the feel is 100x better.

Not really an apples to apples comparison, but personally I prefer Atmos over the Drago. Raijin was better than both of them imo. Hope it helps!

Soo.

Drago vs Atmos?!?

... Specifically in the 80g category. Please!

I haven't hit the atmos in the 80g, but for me, I would say Atmos based on how the 70's played.

I would prefer the atmos and tip it until I found it spun in the range. The drago in the 85g was not a good fit for me. I would prefer the raijin 74 five in a fairway over the drago. It's actually an 81g shaft. I would say it would need to be tipped 2" but the feel is 100x better.

Not really an apples to apples comparison, but personally I prefer Atmos over the Drago. Raijin was better than both of them imo. Hope it helps!

THANK YOU!!